Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes May 11, 2011: 2v1 Battles and More! Update is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes May 11, 2011: 2v1 Battles and More! Update is LIVE!
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/12/2011 1:22:39   
Kaos21 the BH

This is awesome. Can't wait to get in.
Epic  Post #: 76
5/12/2011 1:33:23   
BloodRainbow

quote:

the thing i dont understand , WHY YOU WRITE AQW DESIGN NOTES ON EPICDUEL :S

because Friday the 13th is a big thing on AQW and there doing a live event so they want everyone to know about it. Thats why there realy isn't anything to insainly awesome related to friday the 13th related on our Friday the 13th release.
Epic  Post #: 77
5/12/2011 1:52:07   
TurkishIncubus

I can easyly say the dominant class/build in 2vs1 , High Supp Mercs

Because they are already strong in 2vs2 now they will face always with low lwls and most low lwl players is non varium.Tank builds will be slow but high supp merc will get easy and fast wins.

1vs1-Hunter dominant
2vs2-Mercs dominant
2vs1-Mercs will be dominant

Well Mages you will probably dominant in Survival Mode , you just need to wait more. :S

Epic  Post #: 78
5/12/2011 2:19:48   
Count von Tilly

Speculation:
This new mode will be helpful for high lvl nonvarium players since they can avoid fights with varium players in 1v1 and unfair fights in 2v2. As long as juggernaut is balanced properly, nonvarium players will have a better chance when fighting lower leveled players, who are less likely to use varium, than in the other modes.

Varium players, of course, will love this mode too, for they will have a near guaranteed chance of winning since they are fighting against two hapless and most likely unarmored nonvarium players.

Tank assault bot builds among varium players will surface due to the versatility of assault bots debuff debuff (debuffing a debuff) effect and high defence throughout all battle modes, driving more high lvl nonvarium players to 2v1 in frustration with the impenetrable defences that would then carry over to modes where varium fights occur. This will also generate more discontentment with people being uncreative.

There will also be complaint of instant kills. If someone is against two mercs with max bunker busters, 2 consecutive crits = dead. wolog with mages' plasma and bh's massacres.
Post #: 79
5/12/2011 5:31:41   
Crovile V2

A new battle mode ! Well Congrats ! But I'd still go along with Luna. Maybe something I never Spoke much but I'd like to take the chance to say here now.

I am a brawler, like everyone else. And the trait that follows every brawler is this..."A Fair Fight.

It's a simple sentence. I have leveled a lot since the time I joined in here. I've seen a lot of OP n UD'edness (as you'd say). I've witnessed a lot of new changes that come along. bt let me point out one more aspect of a Brawler.. i.e."i.e. "He/She would always want a battle to the best of their abilities". I always felt like retiring from the game ever since the new updates came up and regarding the new Stat Progressions was like a last nail on my Coffin. Every single battle I brawled, every update that I went through, everything that we all adapted through was simply coz we all wanted to grow strong. So Did I. But seeing the stat of Chaos in a 2v2, the battles that take place between a Lv 33 & a Lv 29... Is that what you would call a fairness. The Devs said in every update of a new wep..."New & Improved weapons that give you the Power".... well where the hell is that power. I just see myself running in a cycle in this cycle of ED. No Balance anywhere and yet some new updates n weapons to take off peoples mind and just simple say "We fulfill all your wishes". Where is the Glory of a Battle in thrashing a mere low level player who can't even defend himself. Is that what a Battle Engine is...? Who really won every single battle I fought ? Me or that Battle Engine ?

Updates will follow every time, but do we really retain our glory as a brawler amidst all this chaos ?
Post #: 80
5/12/2011 6:30:55   
T.600

delete sorry

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/12/2011 7:56:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
5/12/2011 7:53:30   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@T.600- Charfade's being secretive, so I don't know what she's got planned.

And you don't think that maybe adding it as a PvP feature will allow us to work out the kinks before throwing an AI into it?

Also, AQW advertised our poster, we're just returning the favor. We're all part of the same company, no need to swear at me.
Post #: 82
5/12/2011 7:56:05   
T.600

Whoops sorry I had a bad day, I'll delete what I said lol.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
5/12/2011 9:10:00   
Sageofpeace

yup i wonder whos going to be the all time leaderboard for it, how many credit and experience will it give and how will it affective the faction and will it be the most balance feature of the game

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 84
5/12/2011 10:05:26   
helloguy

Watch it be a merc
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 85
5/12/2011 10:15:33   
Nebula

If the battle mode is good I'll make a build for it and play it quite a lot. But if its really unbalanced and ends up like 33 vs 32 + 32 or something, I won't do it.
I think the single player should only have to fight against players at least 3 levels below them.

I mean, if it was a level 33 varium mage vs 2 varium str hunters it would still be a challenge since they would be doing A LOT of damage without Defense Matrix up, especially with 2 massacres.
Post #: 86
5/12/2011 10:18:50   
od

Looks like assault bot will be really useful in this battle mode if you get smoked + malfed in the same round.
Epic  Post #: 87
5/12/2011 10:48:06   
Cookielord12

hooray. im variumising so i can super tank noobs
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
5/12/2011 11:25:47   
BlueKatz

I hope we can fight the lv 50 dude
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
5/12/2011 11:53:32   
Sageofpeace

maybe to make even harder in the new battle mode the low level won't be able to see the hight level build or stat or anything

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 90
5/12/2011 14:46:35   
Matgon

I was checking my old youtube videos and I noticed I had a 2 vs 1 video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAmsTP-tNE4&feature=channel_video_title

I love seeing my noob days
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
5/12/2011 15:10:18   
Xendran

Hunters don't rule 1v1, mercs do.
If you're a merc and you have trouble against hunters, you're doing it wrong.
Also yes, 2v1 will be horribly imbalanced, but this is epicduel, what do you expect.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 92
5/12/2011 15:14:39   
Tiago X

I'm a merc... And I'm losing to some BH's. And my build is pretty good.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
5/12/2011 15:24:23   
Agiluz

finally! This is what I have been waiting for this is the best update ever! I guess its goodbye 2 vs. 2 and say hello 2 vs. 1!

Rogue Ninja
Post #: 94
5/12/2011 17:35:55   
ED Prince of Shadows

I'm with you Rogue!

Sorry for me being inactive

@Xendran Don't be worried, that means a lot of mercs are doing it wrong ;)

< Message edited by ED Prince of Shadows -- 5/12/2011 17:37:24 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 95
5/12/2011 19:09:53   
jegaggin

lookin forward :D
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
5/12/2011 20:00:15   
kingmark345

Jaugernaut mode is finally here! WOOHOO!!!

This is great, but it opens up many aspects that could lead to inbalance:

2 vs 1: A level 29 & 30? vs 32? --- What if the 29 and 30 were both varium users and they've got the best level 33 things (Yes, the level range does weaken the weapon/armor, but the stats do not change), but the level 32 is a non-varium user, chances are the level 32 is going to lose.

Also, if you're a high level, you're ALWAYS going to be alone fighting low levels.

Plus, what about new skills? We have skills that are especially useful in 1 vs 1, and skills that are likewise useful in 2 vs 2. Shouldn't there also be ones for 2 vs 1?

< Message edited by kingmark345 -- 5/12/2011 20:09:03 >

You have been given the power to voice your opinions... Use it wisely.

"With great Power, comes great Responsiblity." ~Uncle Ben

Electrik Dynomyte
AQW Epic  Post #: 97
5/12/2011 20:58:56   
Silent Scream

A new Battle Mode?

Am i dreaming?

Please tell me im not...

Finally xD

Im very happy about this =)

- Silent
Epic  Post #: 98
5/12/2011 21:03:32   
king julian

i already got a build for THIS!!!!! YEAH gonna be a fun weekend :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
5/13/2011 2:28:01   
1999Rex

How much battle tokens will you get if you win in 2v1 for
The 2 lower lvls
and
The 1 higher lvl
and
How much Influence do you get for a win

Oh and 100th post. :)

< Message edited by 1999Rex -- 5/13/2011 18:52:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes May 11, 2011: 2v1 Battles and More! Update is LIVE!
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition