Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!
Page 1 of 812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2011 2:10:19   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

May 17, 2011
Juggernaut 2.0

Jug Hugs!

Thank you so much for helping us test our new battle mode! We DO read your feedback, and we’re fixing up the mode. We really needed a large-scale test of the system (as fun as it was for the four of us, we don’t represent the game at large), so thank you! As a reward, all of the players who help test the feature by purchasing a Gold Skull Card during this week will receive the super-rare Battle Tested Achievement! Good news for rare hunters too: the Gold Skull Card is going to be marked as “RARE” and will increase your rarity score.

The Battle Tested and Juggernaut Achievements!

The Silver Skull Card

Since it’s not entirely fair to let Varium players have all the fun, we’re opening up Juggernaut mode to Credit players too, with the NEW Silver Skull Card. Now, for a number of Credits, ANYONE over level 20 will be able to play this unique battle mode... from the other side! MWAHAHAHA! *cough* Sorry about that.

Bug Smashing

As with ANYTHING new, there’s bound to be problems, and Titan’s been hard at work to fix them all for you! Starting with this update, you’ll be able to see your Juggernaut record on your stats page. Addtionally, many of the glitches with creating a Juggernaut battle have been fixed. We’ve also fixed the damage issue with low percentage hits. You may have noticed that sometimes moves like Cheap Shot, Berzerker, or Rage attacks were showing damage along the lines of 0-2-1 or other very low damage markers. Well, no longer will you hit for 0 damage!

Matching Sets

In addition, a lot of you have been complaining about the level range for Juggernaut battle. Originally, how we’d set it up was the Juggernaut’s level, subtract 9 and then add or subtract 2 to that, and that’s how you’d match other players. But, that didn’t present enough of a challenge for the Juggernaut, and serves to discourage lower-level players from playing team battles. We’re altering the matching system to increase the level of the Juggernaut underdog by 2 and increase the range by 1. So now, instead of a level 33 Juggernaut facing two players from 22-26 the Juggernaut will face two players in the 23-28 range, which should solve this problem.

Back to the Hutch!

With this update, the Egg-zooka promotional items are going RARE! Congratulations to all who got these awesome weapons. Hopefully they will serve you in battle for many duels to come. With the 'zookas coming out of the game, the new promo item for summer will be...

Boom! Headshot!

Some of our players have suggested a weapon that has a unique battle move, and we thought that idea was really cool! So, after sending those adorable bunnies back to their little hutches, we’ll be introducing the promotional Stun Cannon and Stun Blaster with a 5% chance to stun! These beasty and beautiful sidearms will be available as soon as go live with the update with purchase of the $50 varium package!

To accomodate for the greater opportunity to stun available to all players who own these guns, we have complely removed the defense reduction on stunned players (previously -15%). Also, the stun chance on the gun will not be affected by Shadow Arts.

This thread is now remade. You have been given several warnings about your attitudes and posting behaviour. Cinderella posted that there will be no more tolerance for flaming and trolling here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19000634 . I highly suggest that you follow the rules. If you don't you will be warned, severely warned, or even banned for your behaviour. We have rules on our forums. Keep them or don't post. It is your choice.

Eukara Vox
Forum Moderation Staff

And just as a reminder:
quote:

I felt as though I should make a post here. Hopefully this will be beneficial for you all, though some of what I will say is a warning. But I'll start with this. Many of the points expressed in this thread are valid, and beneficial. I applaud you all for taking the time to discuss your opinions in a way from which the game developers and the forum staff can learn.

However. Some of what I have seen here is still very inappropriate. We expect there to be civility between everyone here, and that includes civility towards the game staff that works so hard to bring you a game you enjoy playing. Civility that has been very lacking in some of the posts in this thread. This lack of respect, this name-calling, this judgmental and argumentative tone, will stop now.

Onto a more troubling tendency - recommending that others not play the game violates the Terms and Conditions of the game you agreed to when you signed up to play. Specifically:

quote:

You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of the games and dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other people’s ability to use the Service

This is findable here. This can have repercussions on your game account. It can also have repercussions for your forum account, as our forum rules prohibit any content that breaks laws. This is something of which I would like everyone to be aware.

My advice to everyone would be to keep posts constructive, to trust that if they are offered with beneficial intent then they will be considered with equally beneficial intent. And to refrain from telling others not to play, or not to buy Varium, etc. Because if that sort of talk does continue here, I am sorry to say, it will be met with harsher and harsher punishments.

Everest
Forum Administrator

On how much the achievements will be worth:
quote:

ORIGINAL: Cinderella

The Battle Tested cheevo will be 1600 ratings points and the Juggernaut cheevo 2000 rating points

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/23/2011 2:10:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/18/2011 20:28:28   
goldslayer1

i wonder if u can get 2 achievement if u have 2 gold skull cards.
probably not but would be cool.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/18/2011 20:31:10   
TankMage

Thankyou Eukara, This really was needed.

< Message edited by TankMage -- 5/18/2011 20:51:09 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 3
5/18/2011 20:32:33   
Nexus...

1) They never charged anyone a penny to test their PROBLEMS. However with this system they are charging us to test their bugs. Thats not fair no matter how you look at it, and whats even worse is that ALPHA players go a huge achievement with a whole bunch of rating points, as well as a whole set of weapons FOR FREE. Once again your point is invalid.

2) Yes you could do that. However I doubt anyone has the time to exploit this system for a $1.50. However we are talking about $10 or in the larger picture, a good $50. Anyway the point is that at any restaurant, and most stores you can get a full refund if you are dissatisfied with something, which just goes to show how lame the customer service policy is in this case. Can't say that now.

3) A weapon is just as rare as an achievement except I can use a weapon to beat people, and in a PVP game that is everything.

@Cinderella
A lot of people found out a bit late =/ which is really why you should issue a refund. I'm going to repost (if that is allowed) what I said on a previous topic about going back in time. Also, I really hope you don't see this as flaming, because if you do, I really am starting to think its all a conspiracy :P ^^ This is my opinion, in the most calm manner I can convey it. Hope its acceptable.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 4
5/18/2011 20:33:04   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@goldslayer1: Nope sorry. You can't have duplicates of any achievement. It would be nice but it would make it way too easy to get 7 stars.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/18/2011 20:34:11   
Wraith

Meh...I can only buy 1 Skull Card. D:
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/18/2011 20:38:49   
jegaggin

lol first page. But i have to be quite disappointed into attacking moderators without constructive criticism not just flaming. Otherwise they cant be improve and will just ignore the forums

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/18/2011 20:40:27   
goldslayer1

quote:

3) A weapon is just as rare as an achievement except I can use a weapon to beat people, and in a PVP game that is everything.

and since the pvp game is everything every time a new stronger wep comes out ur gonna forget about the old one and get the new one.
then ur either gonna put it on ur inv or sell ur wep.
an achievement is permanent, if u get hacked ur achievement cant be sold. ur wep can.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/18/2011 20:43:19   
Nexus...

@gold

Hacking has nothing to do with this... My wep is just as permanent as my achieve accept I HAVE THE CHOICE to sell it. Otherwise it is 100% more useful then an achievement.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 9
5/18/2011 20:44:43   
goldslayer1

@nexus
well then maybe the ED staff should start making polls of what possible "rewards" it could be.
they give u a few options and then "others" if u bote others then u have to post what ur "other" idea is.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/18/2011 20:49:47   
Sageofpeace

well since i could be ban for the minimum negative to the game all i can say is this

Gold you were right they the right charge us for the battle mode and a small mistake like telling us that it was going to be availavle with credit a few hours after means nothing even though half or probably 75 percent of the varuim communty bought it.

It is a fact that is still testing so "FLOWER FOR EVERYBODY LETS BE FRIEND"
Post #: 11
5/18/2011 20:53:48   
Nexus...

quote:

well then maybe the ED staff should start making polls of what possible "rewards" it could be.
they give u a few options and then "others" if u bote others then u have to post what ur "other" idea is.

This is a fabulous idea (no sarcasm). I agree with you, they should go to the players to find a good reward that suits all of us, instead of making the decision for us (like they have been doing that past year+)

I like your thought process Gold, I really do :)

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 5/18/2011 20:55:59 >
Epic  Post #: 12
5/18/2011 20:55:24   
goldslayer1

@nexus
ur still forgetting tho that a poll still wont please everyone.
whoever votes for something and thats not what he gets that person will be unhappy.

@sage
maybe i should teach u how to spend ur varium so u wont have trouble with it in the future.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/18/2011 20:57:26   
Nexus...

At least a poll would clarify what the MAJORITY of players want :)

Btw don't personally attack sage, I'm sure he knows how to spend his varium just as wisely as you do ^.^

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 14
5/18/2011 20:57:54   
One Winged Angel1357

I do beleive once something is truely rare it can longer be sold so im guessing the Gold card wont be up for sale like Rixy and Founder Armor
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/18/2011 21:01:43   
Sageofpeace

@Nexu thanks

@golden it seem that we finally agree in something like nexu just say no[sarcasm:)]

at least we get an idea of whats coming not get caught up by surprise
Post #: 16
5/18/2011 21:06:35   
goldslayer1

quote:

Btw don't personally attack sage, I'm sure he knows how to spend his varium just as wisely as you do ^.^
+
i wasn't attacking him. but does he know how to mix varium with credits?
for example in enhancements u spend 50k credits for 6 enhancements and 500 varium for the other 2 on any wep or armor that has 8 slots

does he make builds with a certain wep BEFORE buying the wep to see if the build will work?
these are small things that help u save varium. and im sure u can learn a few stuff here from what i just said.
basicaly saying u dont need to spend 1200 varium for 8 slots when u can pay 50k credits (u can regain that easily in 3-7 days if not less) and 500 varium basicaly u just saved 58% of ur varium. by mixing it with credits.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/18/2011 21:09:36   
Nexus...

How would I know that? Why don't you ask him personally instead of assuming he doesn't :D

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 18
5/18/2011 21:20:07   
Shadronica

I would personally like to ask everyone to try to be nice when posting even if it is a complaint you can make a point without sounding like you just took some angry pills. Trust me I am talking from experience ... its too easy to lose your temper and say things in a not very nice manner.

Just stop for a second ... breathe in ... breathe out ... and think about how you would feel if someone was attacking you. Would you respond with "thanks for chewing me out I will gladly help you"? or would you respond with "I have feelings too and I don't like you speaking to me in that manner"?

Ok now as far as the complaints that have been made on this and the other thread do have validity and I am more than sure that our administration have heard all of us. Cinderella has kindly responded and apologised for the lack of information regarding the Juggernaut even though it is not her fault as she can only give us the information that Titan and Nightwraith supply her. So back off Cinderella please she is honestly doing her best in a completely new job.

I will not stand by and see you flame Cinderella so if you have questions for her then ask ... but don't shoot the messenger because that is what her job is now. She IS the messenger ... she WILL try to help.

I must say too that it is a shame that only through this thread did I find out that 2v1 boss battles are still in our future as I thought that this current Juggernaut situation was the one and only 2v1 mode we were going to get. See I feel that this also should have been announced upon the release of Juggernaut then I would have been happy knowing that the Boss NPC 2v1 was still going to happen sometime.

As I have pointed out that a lack of communication from the game developers has brought a lot of flaming. And as for some of our forumites its a lack of knowing how to communicate your disappointments or complaints. So between these two very typical problems we have been on an eternal cycle of little information/communication vs angry and unconstructive criticism.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/18/2011 21:29:41   
goldslayer1

quote:

Stop it Gold.

This is not a competition about who is better. It is his choice what he buys, SO LEAVE HIM ALONE (please) and get back on topic.

im only giving him advice. but u know what if he doesn't want it, thats fine.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/18/2011 21:53:55   
Buffy A. Summers

Let's Get Back On Topic.

Player/Customer Issues:

1 - Players Were Not Informed Prior To Juggernaut Release That It Would Be A Varium Only "Premium" Feature (Even If Temporarily).

2 - Players Were Not Intially Told Upon Release That A "Credit Only" Version Would Be Released 7 Days Later...Allowing Gold Skull Cards To Be Purchased First.

3 - Players Were Promised A "MYSTERY" Reward For Purchasing The Gold Skull Card But Were Not Told What That Reward Would Be Till Days Later.

4 - Non Varium Players (High Level) Were Completely Left Out Of A So-Called Important Battle Feature Being Tested Gamewide.

5 - Non Varium Players (Low Level) Were Completely Ambushed, Used, Abused And Slaughtered With No Awareness Of What Was Going On Really, Nor Any Compensation.

In Summary...

An Informed Customer Is A Happy One.

The Excuse Of... We Did Not Know Till Right Before You Did... Is HORRIBLE.

It Makes Me Wonder What Type Of Planning/Management Is Going Into This Game, Both Short & Long Term.

Many Players Are Upset Because It Seems As If Creating New "Varium' Features Weekly Is The Top Priority And Customer Satisfaction And Support Is At Best...2nd To That.

AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/18/2011 22:24:45   
Wraith

Oh yeah, it took 9 min 52 secs to find a battle and the battle failed to start. I then waited for another 4 minutes for a battle.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/18/2011 22:26:13   
xxmirxx

buffy you have a good point paying Customer should have right to know what there pay for. They shouldn't be caught off guard not only what pay for. dev's time after time kept you guys in dark until last second. Now does sound fair to you?
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
5/18/2011 22:53:49   
endtime

Honestly, a level 33 facing a 23-28 does not solve the problem of Juggernaut. Two 28s would have an extremely difficult time against a level 33 and anything lower would not have a shot. We can already face level 25-27s and they essentially have no significant chance of winning. A better level range would be four to eight levels away, so a level 33 would face opponents in the range of 25-29.

For the skeptics, merely look at the win rates following this update. I am willing to wager, most if not all of the win rates will be above 95% among juggernauts. Until the average win rate among juggernauts is less than 80%--similar to the 2v2 win rate average--the mode is unfair.

< Message edited by endtime -- 5/18/2011 23:07:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/18/2011 22:55:53   
helloguy

What about the chances of meeting a pair of Merces you don't now how ready that could be even at lvl 26
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!
Page 1 of 812345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition