Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2011 23:01:11   
xxmirxx

endtime I agree with you
quote:

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 5/18/2011 23:03:36 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
5/18/2011 23:01:56   
endtime

@Helloguy
Juggernauts have already met level 26 mercenaries, and I do not see this hampering anybody's 98%+ win rate.

Instead of immediately knowing you will win, there is a chance you can lose. That is what a battle should be: a challenge, a competition.
Unless Juggernaut mode steps up (four to eight levels below range in my opinion), finding opponents will be difficult and the mode will remain excessively easy and boring with many players. Four to eight levels will give varium juggernauts a challenge, nonvarium juggernauts an even 50% rate, and lower levels a chance of winning, thus encouraging them to battle against Juggernauts.

< Message edited by endtime -- 5/18/2011 23:05:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/18/2011 23:06:08   
Luna_moonraider

Ok here is what i think bout the upcoming update.

1) The people who used varium to buy the golden card should be given more rather than a achievment which is kinda useless and do not help u in anyway(devs dun even try to say that oh achievement give star and blah blah blah cause what can a person do with star does it make him crit more). the should at least be given a bike or at least something rather than juts a useless achievment. The devs promised something nice i do not see an achievment being a nice reward at all.

2) I do not know why the devs decided to make jugernaut mode varium for 1 week. is it to get more cash or is it to let people use up their varium faster so thye would buy more varium. i dont see why the mode should even be varium in the first place. is it to make the variums feel special. cause the devs fail to make the varium player happy or feel special because the so called special reward was just a achievment.

3) The devs should have told that the mode was going to be a varium mode for the first week before releasing the mode.

4) I suspect that the credits option will cost more than 50k credits.

5) low lvls will still stand no chance against the varium players even if the increas teh lvl gap.

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/18/2011 23:12:39   
xxmirxx

Luna spoken like true genius in making to be next big thing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
5/18/2011 23:22:16   
Buffy A. Summers

Luna Writes:

"1)...The devs promised something nice i do not see an achievment being a nice reward at all. "

~ I Agree. The Bike Would Have Been Nice In This Case...But That Was Used To Sell Posters. Hmmm... I Sense A Pattern Here.

"2) I do not know why the devs decided to make jugernaut mode varium for 1 week. is it to get more cash or is it to let people use up their varium faster so thye would buy more varium. "

~ Pure Genius And Truth Luna.

Use Up 1200 Varium Right Before A New Promo Item Is Introduced. (Eggzookas Go Rare Friday)

Introduce A New Item Soon, That Needs Enhancement.

The Cycle Of Varium Spending *WEEKLY* Continues!

"3) The devs should have told that the mode was going to be a varium mode for the first week before releasing the mode."

~ STRONGLY AGREE. But Less Gold Cards Would Have Been Sold If They'd Been Upfront With Their PAYING Customers Before Hand.

With THAT Said By Luna...To Repeat What I Posted Earlier In This Thread...

An Informed Customer Is A Happy One.

The Excuse Of... We Did Not Know Till Right Before You Did... Is HORRIBLE.

It Makes Me Wonder What Type Of Planning/Management Is Going Into This Game, Both Short & Long Term.

Many Players Are Upset Because It Seems As If Creating New "Varium' Features Weekly Is The Top Priority And Customer Satisfaction And Support Is At Best...2nd To That.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 5/18/2011 23:24:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/18/2011 23:44:42   
Nexus...

Luna you nailed it, and Buffy, great job in supporting it. I can third what Luna has said as it is what we have been saying for the past week now.

1) Yes, an achievement is useless to many and therefore cannot be considered a "nice reward" even with the bonus rarity points. Rarity points and achievements don't win ANYONE fights :)

2) Nailed that one Luna. Their were countless alternatives to making the battle mode "varium to begin with." However as you said, there interests are extremely profit based and therefore it is quite obvious why they went with making it Varium. Sad really.

3) Communication is one of the larger issues among many. Hopefully we will get better communication in the future, but that in NO WAY makes up for past mistakes. You can apologies all you want, but that does not bring my money back or the trust I once had in you. The only thing that can bring that back is action.

@Endtime
Couldn't agree more. I can't remember which topic, but I have mentioned that problem before, and will completely second that. You can say "what if" and "buts" all you want, but that will not hide the facts. Sure you COULD worst case scenario face two level 28 mercs, and in that case it might be a but of a challenge. What were you expecting, a cake walk? Thats what it is right now. Look at the Leaderboard if you want proof, and raising that gap by 1-2 levels really is not going to do much. The worst case scenario should be the scenario where you undoubtedly will lose without extreme amounts of luck, or a very good strategy. Two level 26 mercs is not that bad, and neither is two level 28 mercs. Two level 30 varium mercs? Thats more like it. A real challenge.

Btw nice quote mir :)

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 5/18/2011 23:51:53 >
Epic  Post #: 31
5/18/2011 23:46:04   
RKC

LOL! The achievement only gives 1,600 and 2,000 points.

I'm glad that founders achievement still the best achievement in the game.

I'm glad I didn't buy the gold card
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 32
5/18/2011 23:46:05   
Luna_moonraider

the hardest jug mode u can fight right now is a bh(with high tech and high emp and smoke) + A merc which have bunker buster and arty maxed out. ok lets play out the battle.

Jug battle starts.

lvl 33 tank merc with 41 energy vs lvl 25 tech bh and a lvl 25 support merc

lvl 25 Bh: emp
lvl 25 merc: zookaz
lvl 33 merc: robo 1 of them
Bh; smoke
25 merc: arty
tank: uses another robo or using boosters heal
bh:zookaz
25 merc: heal or uses bb
tank;uses another robo or using boosters heal
bh: guns
25 merc:rages zooka
tank: rage zooka
Bh; uses energy booster
merc: uses health booster to heal bh
tank: robos
bh: smokes
merc:gun
tank:uses another healt booster if he has another 1 if not he atks with robo
bh:zooka rage
merc; strike
tank: guns
bh: use neergy booster on merc
merc: merc heal teh 1 which have low hp
tank: becoming desperate tank decided to blast zooka
bh:gun
merc;uses booster on bh
tank;rages robo
bh;smoke
merc:rages zooka( if this deflects the tank lives if not he dies)

Now the chances of this happening in jug mode is very very low. because 1) there not many bh which are smart at low lvls 2) same goes with the merc 3) the could not have won without booster
4) not many low lvls know about booster. 5)luck factor will still allow the merc tank to win because i did not put in deflections, block or crits. 6) wat are the chances for 2 smart players to be partnered up together in jug mode. that is why jug mode is easy if all the players in jug mode are as smart as the bh and merc above. jug mode will not be fun for the varum player. because the merc bh combo can beat almost any team if they know wat to do.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/18/2011 23:55:03   
Xitram

The only reason I bought the gold card was for this "reward"...

< Message edited by Xitram -- 5/18/2011 23:56:18 >
Post #: 34
5/19/2011 0:15:27   
Buffy A. Summers

^

Then Enjoy Your "Virtual Badge". And Star Rating. They Do Not "HELP" In Battle, BTW.

Strange, I Thought This Game Was A PvP Game.

If You Were Hoping For A "Rare" Weapon/Armor/Bike...Sorry. Many Were Expecting Something A Bit More...Meaningful (Useable).

@Luna

You Are Going To Enjoy Juggernaut. Seriously.

The Matchups Can Be Fun. You Will Be Surprised How Poorly The Lower Levels Use Their "Skills" However. They Have No Clue How To Work Together, Most Of Them. It's A Shame Actually.

As A Long Time 2vs2 Pro, You Are Used To Partners Leaving. It's Alot Like That.

With That Said, 2vs1 Should NOT Have Cost Varium To Test Or Play In My Opinion.

AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/19/2011 0:31:43   
Deimos...

I would like to comment on what Angels Holocaust said in other posts. SHe said that the "Noobs" Are getting better. That is true, they are going away from their old max super charge builds. They have malf now, max plasma, stun, max bunker, EMP, stun, working together. Today, I fought some people that were working together. One malfed and he said "Stun!"To the other, then the other stunned and they both did plasma next. Such a great strategy. I cannot wait for the update so we can fight even harder people. It will be super fun!

Question.. why is the tester achievement worth less than the one that soon people can get for free? xD I am still happy though. :)

(I just noticed this is juggeranut 3.0... what happened to 2.0...)
Epic  Post #: 36
5/19/2011 0:49:34   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

quote:

Let's Get Back On Topic.

Player/Customer Issues:

1 - Players Were Not Informed Prior To Juggernaut Release That It Would Be A Varium Only "Premium" Feature (Even If Temporarily).

2 - Players Were Not Intially Told Upon Release That A "Credit Only" Version Would Be Released 7 Days Later...Allowing Gold Skull Cards To Be Purchased First.

3 - Players Were Promised A "MYSTERY" Reward For Purchasing The Gold Skull Card But Were Not Told What That Reward Would Be Till Days Later.

4 - Non Varium Players (High Level) Were Completely Left Out Of A So-Called Important Battle Feature Being Tested Gamewide.

5 - Non Varium Players (Low Level) Were Completely Ambushed, Used, Abused And Slaughtered With No Awareness Of What Was Going On Really, Nor Any Compensation.

In Summary...

An Informed Customer Is A Happy One.

The Excuse Of... We Did Not Know Till Right Before You Did... Is HORRIBLE.

It Makes Me Wonder What Type Of Planning/Management Is Going Into This Game, Both Short & Long Term.

Many Players Are Upset Because It Seems As If Creating New "Varium' Features Weekly Is The Top Priority And Customer Satisfaction And Support Is At Best...2nd To That.

Pretty much covered everything Buffy, Nice.

< Message edited by Mr.Pablo Jr. -- 5/19/2011 0:51:18 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/19/2011 0:54:54   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I'm not on long, but I want to clear up one thing- the topic was locked for the flaming. If we wanted to prevent discussion, we would not resurrect it in a new form
Post #: 38
5/19/2011 1:58:20   
Nexus...

I really do hope they spring us Skull Card buyers a surprise reward. Nice idea Buffy, and would show that the devs have been listening :)

EpicE4

Edited to remove unfriendly dialogue. ~Eukara Vox, Forum Moderator

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/19/2011 9:10:09 >
Epic  Post #: 39
5/19/2011 2:13:03   
Luna_moonraider

@Deimos...

those strong noobs are not new players they old players. i made a low lvl file for the sake of trying the all NEW jugernaut mode. so the noobs at low lvls are not actually noob but old players like myself.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 5/19/2011 2:14:05 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/19/2011 2:26:11   
Defiant

The achieve is only 1.6k points.. Ok, screw this.
Post #: 41
5/19/2011 2:50:45   
TurkishIncubus

We gived 1200 varium just for play some 2vs1 battles in 1 week , Isnt this sound this was a robbery ?

Honestly I thought non variums could not enter 2vs1 atleast for a month but now there is non varium option and what we get is 1600 raiting , so we paid 1200 varium for 1600 raiting ..... Excellent!!!

Atleast i didnt give more Varium to new weps :/ because im bored of this , i give varium not to become outdated

Epic  Post #: 42
5/19/2011 3:36:17   
RKC

So guys if the dev's release something that looks fishy don't bite into it.

That's what Ive learned.

Just use your varium on making your character stronger not on cheesy updates.

The next time you buy varium think twice before spending it.

So you guys felt what I felt when they turned vendzooka creds only for a moment.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 43
5/19/2011 3:46:40   
ForTun3

quote:

Onto a more troubling tendency - recommending that others not play the game violates the Terms and Conditions of the game you agreed to when you signed up to play

just curious about this, does that mean if u like find it on the net, sign up then dont like the game (as if) that they then cant like turn round and say to a mate i hate that game man it bites dont play it??? coz i think that would contradict the freedom of speach act a bit??? ive only ever promoted your games... just so u know im not having a go
Post #: 44
5/19/2011 3:57:10   
xxmirxx

quote:

o guys if the dev's release something that looks fishy don't bite into it. That's what Ive learned. Just use your varium on making your character stronger not on cheesy updates. The next time you buy varium think twice before spending it. So you guys felt what I felt when they turned vendzooka creds only for a mome

That was bug so they say?
AQ Epic  Post #: 45
5/19/2011 9:00:38   
Silver Sky Magician

@everyone

Hi Sageofpeace. This is Silver Sky Magician here. I would like to address your views on my post, which I cannot do on the original thread because the thread has been locked. I would appreciate it if you could read my message till the end. You do not have to do this now; you can do it whenever you wish, but I hope that you do read this eventually.

(P.S. I anticipate that this will take 10-15 mins, but I hope that you will at least acknowledge the effort I put into typing this by reading it thoroughly)

(P.P.S. This was originally meant to be a PM, but it went over the character limit, so I will post this here for all to read and hope that you do read it, hence the emphasis on 'everyone')

This was my last post on the thread in question, and the one you were referring to in your reply:
quote:

@Jehannum and Sparticus

I suppose so. Come to think of it, what was I envisioning? Maybe a 2v1 battle button or, when you go into 2v2, you have an option of a guaranteed fight with a Juggernaut...I must be quite tired :P Although the DNs were quite ambiguous, especially since there was a 'MWAHAHAHA' after the quoted sentence (which kind of reminds me of Angels, so...)

@Administrators

The devs clearly need to have a better communication system with the players. With the addition of Cinderella as their new PR manager, I'm already seeing marked improvements in terms of feedback. Hopefully, the communication and relationship between the devs and the players will get even better.

@everyone

I recognise that the devs have made oversights or mistakes with the EpicDuel system. But there is no need to flame them. If you wish to get your voice heard, have basic courtesy and respect. Speculation like 'the devs did not inform players in advance to scam them out of their money' serves no purpose at all, and only serves to inflame tempers. If you are a varium player who greatly dislike what they're getting for their money, you would feel cheated, indignant and think that the devs are but scum.

For those who complain for you are paying a premium price for an unfinished system, do you think EpicDuel can ever be completed? For a PvP-based game of such complexity, can everything really be smoothed out? To the point that new updates will never upset balance? That is impossible. A game like EpicDuel will forever be in a testing phase. And it is also impossible for four devs -two of which only recently officially joined the team, and one of which has no part to play in programming (I think)- to test out comprehensive balance updates or battle modes. That's why they need you, to discover the flaws they couldn't when planning it out on paper. You are free to disagree if you think you can do so.

Look at it from the devs' point of view. They literally spend years programming the game, creating and building EpicDuel. At the end of the day, when you have completed a piece of work, what do you feel? Satisfaction. Then what do you feel when the very people you have created this work for simply rips it apart with ugly trolling, and makes accusations about your moral character? Imagine that you are a student (which we all once were or still are), and you have put in all your working time into an assignment you're proud of. Your teacher reads it. Tears it into tiny pieces. Spews vulgarities at you for its lack of quality. Sneers, scorns, and spits at you. Then accuses you of doing some moral wrong, like blatant plagarism. That's what the devs are getting from this community, every day of every week.

Do the devs deserve such flaming? No. Does the community (including the more crude players) have a right to voice their opinion? Yes. The two are not mutually exclusive. The devs have their flaws, and the community theirs. You cannot expect service to improve if your attitude remains equally rude and demanding. If you are angry, put your point across in a calm, rational manner. There is no need to speculate on the devs' moral character. If your aim is to improve EpicDuel (here I'm making a somewhat big assumption that your aim is not to flame for the sake of flaming), then it serves no purpose but to antagonise the devs and waste your time.

If you want the devs to listen to you, help them be able to. Just as you will understand someone better if he talks in a normal voice than if he screams in your ear. All people should be treated with courtesy. The devs are no exception. If criticism is flame, then it can be used in two ways. To burn the house down, or to warm the furnace. The choice is yours.

Your immediate response was:
quote:

@silversky

i did not bother to read your entire post because i know for sure that is not worth my time, but when people like you just post like that it make me sick. Saying that the dev's don't deserve to get flame is out the question they do in every way possible since they don't know the meaning of the words"THE CUSTOMER ARE ALWAYS RIGHT"

Firstly, I do not understand why you are disgusted by my call to uphold basic courtesy. Perhaps, having not read my original post in its entirety (which I advise you to do so should you have not completed reading it before you read this), you assumed that I have been oblivious to the devs' flaws and was purely defending them, and that I had supported this update. If you did hold this view, you should know by now that I accept that the devs have flaws that need to be addressed, as with this update, which I am reserving judgement on, but my primary point of contention was that the need for improvements should not be communicated in such a rude manner, the reasons for which have been discussed in my original post.

Secondly, the customer is not always right. The right of a customer to have their demands complied with depends on the capacity of the other party to handle such demands, the rationality of such demands and the method they demand things. Customers do not have the right to abuse companies. If you are causing chaos and making a scene, they can throw you out of the building. Please be reasonable. Again, refer to my original post if you have not.

Next, I will address your opinions stated in other comments. It might seem ideal if the devs reveal everything they are going to do. However, I have never heard of a company that seeks approval from their customers before releasing a product. Does McDonalds tell its customers the exact processing and ingredients of a new burger before it releases it? Taking suggestions, which the EpicDuel team has done multiple times, is a very different matter from asking your customers' permission to even create a game feature.

Another thing: The devs did not promise that there wouldn't be a non-varium version of the card. They did not promise that the reward for buying the varium card would be anything other than an achievement. They did not promise that the 2v1 system would be flawless and complete when they implemented it. Even 2v2 is not; how can the new 2v1 be? That there wouldn't be a non-varium version of the card; that the reward for buying the varium card would be great; that the 2v1 system would be perfect: these were player expectations, which became 'fact' because so many people believed so. The devs are not wrong in this aspect.

Hence a reason for the lack of prior information; the devs did not anticipate that the players would make so many baseless assumptions. For, similarly, just because new varium weapons were created, does that mean that new non-varium weapons would not? It is entirely the player's choice whether to buy the new gold card or not; any impetus for that was due to their own expectations and speculations. If you deem that the devs should have told the players from the beginning, then should the players not also have the reservation to ask whether there would be a non-varium card, or wait for more information? The demand for such rationality should be mutual.

Furthermore, you should not so easily dismiss your fellow players' opinions. It is clear, from the way you have responded to them as well as me 'I know for sure it is not worth my time'. You should not disrespect everyone who has different views from you, and consider them ignorant. They have valid points, as have the player group you support. I accept these points. What I am firmly against is the way you bring across these points-through flaming. Again, please refer to my original argument if you want elaboration.

Moreover what sort of 'complaints' do you wish the devs to act upon? As they have said, time and again, they welcome criticism, but they abhor flaming. The community's 'complaints' have been very much like the ones in the previous thread-flaming. Is they any wonder that the devs do not and do not wish to listen to your complaints? And the community's suggestions may not necessarily be the best for EpicDuel, just as what the devs had thought would be best turned out otherwise.

Finally, I would like to comment on another, very interesting one of your posts:
quote:

@Nexu thanks for steping up for me got any problem i will be there to defend you since your post has the "fire i am looking for" ohh yeah Burn Burn Burn

If you still remember the last few sentences of my original post, it is:
quote:

If criticism is flame, then it can be used in two ways. To burn the house down, or to warm the furnace. The choice is yours.

Sageofpeace, what exactly are you trying to 'burn'? Think about it. With such destructive criticism, do you really think that you can help improve EpicDuel? I hope you take my comments to heart.

Regards,
Silver Sky Magician

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/19/2011 9:56:47 >
Post #: 46
5/19/2011 17:31:35   
8x

Something should be done about lower lvls in 2vs1 mode... They swear at you half of the time and they spend other half of the time saying wtf and complaining about this game...
Epic  Post #: 47
5/19/2011 17:49:51   
IsaiahtheMage

@8rlx0 Who can blame them? They had no choice over this nor any notice. And there win/lose ratios are being destroyed. What should be done is getting rid of that mode altogether OR having some SERIOUS balancing issues.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/19/2011 18:18:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
5/19/2011 18:15:45   
Angels Holocaust

I tend to ignore the lower lv players and continue on fighting them. They can whine and complain all they want, in the end it's inevitable, there going to lose.
Post #: 49
5/19/2011 19:08:17   
Wraith

OK. WTF should be banned ingame. I've had 19 (out of the 20 noobs in 10 battles) people say wtf you hack this is unfair cheater. Then they say I cheat. I ask how. They say you cheat your just trying to trick us. I can't believe how immature noobs are.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition