Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2011 19:51:56   
T.600

Juggernaut is awesome! I can't wait for some better weapons!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
5/20/2011 19:55:14   
unQualified
Banned

@t600, its a little overpriced for low levels but higher level its fine, btw im australian aswell
DF  Post #: 152
5/20/2011 21:19:37   
Silver Sky Magician

This is interesting. Many people have been clamouring for new weapons for the past week, and lambasting the 2v1 update and other updates as implementing 'second-priority' features. Then, when new weapons come out, people lambast the devs. Damned if they do, damned if they do not.
Post #: 153
5/20/2011 22:00:58   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Isaiah- the reason we did this as a promo item is that it's the first time we had a weapon that has a special effect, so gauging whether people would like it.
Post #: 154
5/20/2011 22:14:29   
Clutch

^^ Unfortunately Cindy, the only people you'll receive feedback from are the select few who can readily spend 50$ on a package for two new guns. Unfortunately, I, like most of the top players, just bought a 50$ package for the Easter zookas :/. And am, what is the term... oh yeah... screwed ;).
AQ Epic  Post #: 155
5/20/2011 22:15:57   
IsaiahtheMage

@Cinderella Are you seriously kidding me? Look at Azraels Bane 5% chance to get crit on normal strikes Celctic Clever 7% chance to connect on normal strikes Stun Cannon 5% chance to stun on sidearm only attacks. Those are all special effects why would tell us all a bold face lie like that? Do you like the entire community being mad at you guys? Really do you? Honestly.
AQW Epic  Post #: 156
5/20/2011 23:01:29   
Luna_moonraider

lolz i feel bad for all those people got the $50 package to gte the eggooka reason being is they cant use the varium to buy the new gun lolz what a joke and it is expected that the evs are desperate and making people who really want the gun to buy the $50 package. well at least not every1 will have it. good news for non varium players cause only a selected few varium player will have it. hmm 20k cred for the silver card lolz that was cheaper than what i expected but oh well do non varium even have space in thier inventory to put tht silver card.20k creds is like cheating the varium people who got the golden card sigh i wonder what is gonna happen the next week the story of epicfail ops i mean epicduel continues.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 5/20/2011 23:02:50 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 157
5/21/2011 3:54:39   
Cookielord12

in all honesty the stun guns are ugly. also looking at teh stat mods it is clearly favouring the sup builds. great boost for mages but a huge problem is that sup mercs are getting buffed. come on they are OP enough already with their 70+artillery strike
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 158
5/21/2011 3:56:15   
RKC

I love putting a lot of support because it increases crit and stun chance.

I really want the pistols so much but I have no credit card.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 159
5/21/2011 4:07:45   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Great Release in my eyes!
Look 20k is a brilliant price, because if it was any lower, it would not be a reward. The thing is with Non-Varium players being able to get originally Varium things, like the Skull Card, and Enhancements, they are asked to support the game in a differant way. Time, and dedication. Now to me, that is a very fair balance! The developers are giving you two big options, they're saying you can get this item by supporting this game, and you can do that in two ways:

Pay - This is how the game is there, if nobody paid, they wouldn't be able to fund the Servers, the bandwidth and all the other things they need to run this game, believe me, it's not cheap!
Or
Time - Your dedication also means a lot! Players playing EpicDuel is the other thing it needs to run, and I know for a fact that Titan, NightWraith, Cinderella, Charfade, and every other staff member really really appreciate those players who can't play, but still dedicate there time to the game. For this they need rewarding, so therefore they are listed at high Credit prices because then dedicated players can also purchase it!

:) Don't get me wrong, every single player is important, and it is an open game! Any one moaning, the options ARE there, it's completely up to you if you take them! Nobody says you have to Juggernaut battle, nobody says that you have to do anything, the decisions are yours :D

Now I know this won't completely stop people from not liking the release, and I know that, but I just want everyone to understand that you have 3 people working on this game. It's the smallest team out of all! These 3 people work day and even sometimes night to get releases ready for you! Now you may not like one or two features in a release, but come on guys, there is always next week. You can't just sit waiting for a chance to moan about something (I know it isn't all of you, because a lot of you are very encouraging and praising, for that I'm grateful), but just to leave this with you:
How would you feel if you worked on a project ALL week, which is actually a player suggested release, and at a price (As far as I'm aware) that was actually suggested also by a player; if after all your hard work, you release it, just to get floods of replies telling them how bad it is. Now it saddens me that people feel that they can post things such as 'this release sux, i hate it, next time release something good.' If you're going to criticise the release, then atleast use constructive criticism!

On another note, thanks everyone for the congratulations (I did read quite a few), it's great to be able to help out more in the community! Thanks also to everyone who has told us how we can improve the game in a constructive way, your thoughts shall be taken in, and to those who have appreciated the amount of work that goes into these releases - Thank you and enjoy the release! :D
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
5/21/2011 4:14:29   
T.600

^They can always hire more people if SHORTAGE of staff is a problem...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
5/21/2011 4:22:44   
Lycus

It's not that simple sadly, it's what quite a few people say when they here about the small team, but the truth is it's not as simple as just hiring more people... And shortage of staff isn't a problem, as long as players understand that there are only 3 developers working on this game, and understand how much work they have to put in :) They are happy to put the work in, I just feel it'd be nice if after that hard work they can look and see loads of grateful players, I know though you may not think so, but they read A LOT of your comments, and I know it certainly means a lot to them :D

< Message edited by Rainaka -- 5/21/2011 5:27:34 >

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
5/21/2011 4:48:00   
Tiago X

I forgot to gratz you Rainaka, but oh well. Gratz.
/goes back farming for skull card.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
5/21/2011 7:47:21   
Sageofpeace

@Rainaka you are right it is a small team and effort is not enough to do everything on time or right but that doesn't excuse the fact that they didn't mention that the card was going to be non varuim on the design notes how can we not them greedy and that is all just a scam after something like that?

it is reasonable that the devs take longer to do the feature that we actually wanted but aren't the price are going a little over board was enough be for buy now we slots and everything a 50$ pack means nothing. as far as titan and nightwraith not putting the price is also understandable but have they ever talk to the owner company about how unsatisfied we are with the price it would be nice if titan or nightwraith did a post similar to this" Hy Epic-duelers after a long time we have seen your concern about how high the varuim price has gone so we took in our to talk directly with the head of Artrix Entertainment but our pleads weren't enough"Even if it a lie. Because it seen that our voice don't matter i this game.

Remember when 80% of the forum were against the merge it still happen they were right look what we got now"This Forum is the Worst not only are our opinion are neglected but our fact are ignore and everything is consider flaming"

Im sure that Titan and nightwraith send them Financial Status but do they send Customer Satisfactory one.

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 164
5/21/2011 8:07:14   
8x

Devs forgot to put 2vs1 wins on character pages.
Epic  Post #: 165
5/21/2011 8:25:33   
Polandor

So what do i do with my high cost varium already in my account ?

Since they worth nothing give us a 100% pro-rata sell back, so we can use the money to buy 10k varium pack...

We had plenty of special bonus weapon already, stun is not the first special effect.
Azraels Bane 5% chance to get crit on normal strikes Celtic Clever 7% chance to connect on normal strikes

You trying to find logic behind 2 items for 50$, there is no logic beside greed.

Varium are worth nothing now.

< Message edited by Polandor -- 5/21/2011 8:30:06 >
Post #: 166
5/21/2011 11:14:33   
StriderAigis

20k for the card? hmm well only 12k to go then
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 167
5/21/2011 11:50:43   
Lycus

@8rlx0: That is on the to-do list ;)
@SageOfPeace: I know what you're saying, but they didn't scam you out of your money. As I stated, it was actually mentioned that the Gold Skull card was for testing, and there would be a new one that was credits only coming out! I know this because loads of players were talking about that, whether to wait or to buy the Gold Skull card. Another thing is that the Devs main priority after releases is watching the bugs section, to make sure that the release is smooth and working. Yes they do read this section, and I know this because they always say 'well the players thought this...'. Charfade always finds time to post, and Cinderella is very active here, you also have a caring team of AKs that can help out, answer questions and report back anything that needs looking at. So yes, the team does care a lot.
On my visit to the lab, I have never seen a team so into player suggestions. They have lists and lists of player suggestions they want to implement. The juggernaut battles - suggested by players, skull card credit price - suggested by players, enhancements - also built on a suggestion from players... The list could go on and on, and if that's not the Devs caring about what the players want, then I don't know what is. One players favourite release ever, is another players nightmare release, but at the end of the day, you win some you loose some. There's always going to be people who love it, or don't, the thing is then knowing how to post in a constructive way that's going to gain you respect, and helps everyone :)
Another thing is that the security updates this release took a lot of Titan's time, and he's done a brilliant job. Though you can't see it, it helps A LOT, and you benifit in lots of unknown ways from it!
Finally, @Polandor: I hear what you are saying, but at the end of the day, don't want them, don't get them :/. The guns are in NO way a scam, because all it is doing is adding to the value of the Varium package. If someone wants to buy a 10k Varium package, this is making it so they are getting a lot more for there money. It's not a must have item, it's just a gun, it has good stats, and a chance to stun, yes, but there are guns in-game that are almost as good. So by not having the gun, you're not at a big disadvantage. If you bought the varium package before, you got two auxiliaries that are now rare, so you have in know way lost out. Same with this, after this offer, the guns shall be rare. You don't HAVE to buy it, it's there as an option, want it, then get it, don't want to pay that much, then don't get it, the decision is completely in your hands ;)

< Message edited by Rainaka -- 5/21/2011 11:51:20 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
5/21/2011 12:14:19   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Late congrats Rainaka and Wiseman :)

Had a very close call in Juggernaut today, a level 24 which was easy enough, and his parter (level 28 tech mage) which was the troublesome one. Got malfed the first turn and my resistance is low enough already and once that hit me i was a sitting duck for energy attacks. Thanks to a well time heal i just pulled through, but on my knees :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
5/21/2011 14:19:37   
PivotalDisorder

a lot of players have waited quite awhile for a gun promo so I can see why many are disappointed that they arent going to be able to purchase it.
i definitely cant so I'm gonna stick with my charfades blaster. would of been nice to have the stunguns for my tech mage juggernaut build.

were the eggzookas purchasable from the vendor as well as with the package?

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 5/21/2011 14:22:25 >
Post #: 170
5/21/2011 14:24:18   
Lycus

^ Yes, they were.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 171
5/21/2011 14:30:48   
Epic Pwnser

I feel really bad battling low lvls lol.
But two lvl 28's are a challenge, when they are tech mercs especially.

Epic  Post #: 172
5/21/2011 14:34:22   
PivotalDisorder

well maybe the guns being part of the $50 package is a quick cash in and they will add em to the vendor next friday.
cash in now, add em to vendor next week and clean up. I'd sell my guns to get one for sure.
Post #: 173
5/21/2011 15:20:57   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

^ The guns aren't that much better than Charfade's Blaster. Stat-wise they are equal, just distributed differently.

My advice is not to rush at getting the guns just for the stun because you will be disappointed. The stun chance is only 5% so it's not something you will be seeing very often. Rainaka, you said it perfectly that these guns are just an added value to the Varium package. No one is forcing your to buy them, and they are not even that big of an advantage to say they're a "must have" either.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
5/21/2011 15:27:07   
Defiant

Haven't played for a few days... Let's see what these changes have made!
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Design Notes - Juggernaut 2.0! - Update is LIVE!
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition