Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 10 of 10«<678910
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/29/2011 20:53:21   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

Ronald Reagan
“Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.”

I think that sums it up for me!

Not only have the areas that Varium is used increased violently, it has done so at a frightening rate and it has killed off some of the game growth!

The solution is not to increase the varium in the packages, but to put the prices back to where they were when the game was 1st started.

For example one of the top weapons when I 1st started was the Energy Sharkzooka, it cost 975 varium and 10000 credits.

Now the Eggzooka, to buy ingame, was 2200 varium and 14000 credits, but on top of that it has 8 enhancement slots at a cost of 1200 varium.

So to put that into perspective of what the changed varium rate is, the percentage increase around 286% (I think I got that right) more to play with the best auxiliary in the game and the proposal by Wiseman increases the varium in the top package by 80%...

Huh, economy of scale works better for me... In other words more players paying less!
Epic  Post #: 226
5/29/2011 21:24:32   
Shadronica

Now there is an interesting stat fact. Thanks Goony.

I sure hope that this game gets sorted soon as far too many players have been burned.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 227
5/29/2011 22:09:55   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Goony: The problem with lowering the price of everything in-game is that this would devalue everything you've already purchased. Let's say everything were reduced to 55% of it's current price (approximately equal to what giving us 80% more Varium would be), your Sharkzooka would be worth 536 Varium and would only sellback for 82 Varium, 10 enhancements would only sellback for 140 Varium. You'd have the same problem now in that players would ask for some sort of compensation for their previous purchases at the higher price. In the end, it's the same result. On top of that, it is much more work to reprice every single item and feature in-game than it is to change the amount of Varium we receive from the packages.

Promos have always cost more than non-promotional items. Bunnyzookas were also 2200 Varium, Rixty Rippers were 1200 (originally 2200 too). They've been in-game as a bonus for anyone that already has Varium, but I think it's pretty clear from their prices that they're meant to be gotten through the promotion rather than bought in-game.

@Shad, in your post you included thinks like War Kills and the rare leaderboards as driving up pricing. True it costs a lot of Varium to get on the War Kill leaderboard, but it's not in the same category as buying or enhancing equipment. The latter are essential if you want to stay competitive in PVP, but the others are just extras if you want an achievement like Warlord or Treasure Hunter. If you don't participate in those features, you aren't at any disadvantage in the core part of the game, combat. Most of the increase proposed here is to help cover the extra cost of enhancing armors, guns and auxiliaries.

Also it looks like this thread just reached 10 pages... so locked. ~Ashari
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 10 of 10«<678910
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition