Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2011 1:03:41   
kittycat

Increasing the varium and credits per package is a great suggestion, but compensation is what questions us, ED Players. People who have purchased varium in the past may feel that it isn't fair, but compensation is totally optional. I would recommend both increasing the Payoffs + Compensation because it makes the players feel more "that's better" for their characters on the ED.
AQ MQ  Post #: 26
5/22/2011 1:07:42   
T.600

Hey Wiseman, would it be possible to do the same thing to the varium in your inventory? So say I had 10k varium now in my inventory, could it be changed into 18k? I think that's really fair compensation and for a maestro programmer like Titan it won't be a problem. :D

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 1:08:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/22/2011 1:08:15   
My Name is Jake
Banned

I like this idea, it would make varium much more worth buying, at the moment most of the packages arn't worth buying, IMO.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/22/2011 1:14:30   
Sky Drifter

Great idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/22/2011 1:14:36   
The Joker X

Great idea wiseman! Supported.
Bring out the new prices ASAP! ED is in dire need of them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/22/2011 1:18:06   
helloguy

Like I posted earlier the less you ask on on a certain suggestion the more likely it will be acceptable if you add things that would benefit us the player more they will shoot the idea down really fast than if you wouldn't have trust me it's better that way in the end
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
5/22/2011 1:19:15   
Nexus...

@Anyone who wants compensation

I would love compensation, and think it would make the players happy. However as much as I am for the idea, we are all here to test this game. I feel that compensating characters for past varium purchases while a good idea, is unrealistic. Lets try and look ahead and not ask for too much. Raising the Varium in each package by 80% and adding 5k more credits is plenty for me. Obviously either way I would be satisfied, but I believe that just altering the package amount is the most realistic scenario. I made a post yesterday directed at Cinderella which pretty much aimed to say that their needs to be a balance between profit and player. Lets not forget that AE (specifically Titan and NW) still have to make money. Raising the Varium per Package ratio would be a huge win for the players, while not giving compensation would allow AE to profit.

All in all this is a great idea, and of course I would love compensation for past purchases. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, or to "Varium thirsty" for that matter.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 32
5/22/2011 1:20:23   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I do want to point out that it's a suggestion- even with the specifics. We're open to rethinking the pricing (again, I don't actually set the prices, I'm a glorified secretary), but I can't guarantee anything or any timeline.

-Cinderella
Post #: 33
5/22/2011 1:25:15   
T.600

quote:

Hey Wiseman, would it be possible to do the same thing to the varium in your inventory? So say I had 10k varium now in my inventory, could it be changed into 18k? I think that's really fair compensation and for a maestro programmer like Titan it won't be a problem. :D

Wouldn't this work for compensation?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/22/2011 1:28:09   
TankMage

Great idea Wise, Would be nice to see a new varium system put in place. And it looks like this one could really work :).

AQ Epic  Post #: 35
5/22/2011 1:29:12   
goldslayer1

well
if compensation for past varium cant be done, i would atleast like a shiny new achievement.
"ED supporter" perhaps?
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/22/2011 1:31:03   
Mr. Black OP

@above
ddnt u say dont ask for 2 much?
Epic  Post #: 37
5/22/2011 1:46:55   
goldslayer1

@zman
well idk if AE ever thought problems with pricing would come up as they release enhancements.
altho i still would be fine with just varium increase.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/22/2011 2:32:20   
T.600

quote:

I think that the current varium prices are perfect for an Epicduel without enhancements. Therefore, we need this re-pricing NEXT UPDATE. In addition do (quoted above) if possible.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 2:40:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/22/2011 2:39:10   
RKC

This is ok infact this is awesome, as long as they add varium to those already bought varium before the varium increase. Then woohooooo go go go!!!!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 40
5/22/2011 2:44:13   
Egoraptor

Instead of having it like buying varium it should be Membership like AQW and Herosmash its alot cheaper.
Post #: 41
5/22/2011 2:45:57   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Love this idea Wiseman! The in-game costs have gone up a lot with enhancement slots for every weapon now, not even counting other things like brainwash, cannons and boosts. This would really help get the packages' value back to what they should be worth in-game.

The big thing I'd like to see is more promotions being included in the 5000 Varium package. It seems like that package has been forgotten since the Beta promotion and it would be great if that package had some of the same benefits as the 10,000 Varium package. $35 is no small sum either.

As for compensation for past purchases, I'm probably going to ahead and guess that's not going to be possible. Think of it like this, if you purchase something from a store one day, and then the price drops a month later, you can't go back and get the a refund on the difference. Anyway, if the Varium pricing were improved so much, I'd be very happy just with that. This change would nearly double the value of the $50 package!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/22/2011 2:49:52   
edwardvulture

Can this happen after nonvariums get a buff? or do you see them as 2 turn kills to boost your daily championships?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/22/2011 2:51:20   
RKC

@Ashari

ED is quick to get our money and not quick to give us something. typical.

Why cant we just show them our receipts I still have mine, and for those who lost their receipts well its their problem.

< Message edited by RKC -- 5/22/2011 2:53:40 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 44
5/22/2011 2:54:20   
Mr. Black OP

@above
that wld bs since AQ ddnt need them to give u the tokens
Epic  Post #: 45
5/22/2011 3:00:03   
RKC

^This is not AQW quit comparing ED to other AE games.

ED is a PVP game not like AQW where when you buy something with coins its only for show and doesn't give any pvp boost. In ED every varium is so precious it can make a big deference in your battle.

Its fair. If the staff says we cant track all the players who upgraded and give them varium, whats the purpose of having a receipts. I could show them when I bought my upgrade and everything and its solid prof I bought varium before the varium boost.

< Message edited by RKC -- 5/22/2011 3:04:52 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 46
5/22/2011 3:00:45   
T.600

^I agree with you RKC...for once. :3

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 3:31:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
5/22/2011 3:11:53   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@T.600 and RKC You won't get the extra varium from your previous packages if they do implement this. There's just no way it can be done since they would have to add the varium manually and there would be millions of transactions to go through to add varium onto. It doesn't matter if you have the receipts or not. I doubt Titan wishes to go through hundreds of players who even bought so much as a 10 dollar package and adjust their credits and varium to compensate for the price decrease of packages.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
5/22/2011 3:15:06   
T.600

^I meant that they should add the value to our inventorys, doing it for previous packages would just be a bonus. I'm pretty sure you don't have to do it manually. You could just do like add (whatever %) value to varium....

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 3:31:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/22/2011 3:16:03   
RKC

@The ND Mallet Guy
Blah Blah Blah.

It is possible but what you are saying is that they can't do it because they are to lazy.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition