Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/22/2011 3:18:40   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@T.600 Anything Titan does to anyone's acc is done manually. He doesn't click a button on his computer that adds varium to every acc that has varium. He has to go through each acc and adjust it himself and he would have to do that for each and every person who has varium currently.

@RKC I wouldn't want to do something requiring me to stare at a computer screen for several hours and working my way down a list of each person who has varium and then adjust that varium. I'm being optimistic saying it would take several hours as well.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 5/22/2011 3:20:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
5/22/2011 3:19:13   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@edwardvulture: Just remember, right now this is only a suggestion. It's not something that would happen overnight and repricing wouldn't be taking away time from developing non-Varium equipment either.

@RKC: I was just giving my thoughts on it. I can't say anything certain, but that's probably the likely outcome. I'd appreciate it too if we got extra Varium for our past purchases, but that's just not realistic.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 5/22/2011 4:16:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/22/2011 3:20:34   
RKC

Well microsoft did something when all the xbox 360 had factory defects. Why can't ED something.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 53
5/22/2011 3:23:07   
Mr. Black OP

@above
microsoft has a MUCH bigger team then 4 admins
Epic  Post #: 54
5/22/2011 3:24:04   
Nexus...

Why must you turn this suggestion into something bad? Just be happy that they are even considering implementing this feature. I would so much rather have MUCH better package values in the future, then dwell on Varium I have lost in the past. Anyone who is demanding "compensation" is really being a fool. This would be a huge win for the players going forward, so please do not try and undermine the cause. Of course we all want compensation for previous purchases, but lets try and keep our posts progressive in nature, so that new players and old players alike can have have a better EpicDuel in the future :)

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 55
5/22/2011 3:24:43   
T.600

Are you sure? I don't think it would be too hard...probably just a days work. It would please a lot of players.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 3:30:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
5/22/2011 3:26:00   
RKC

Well ED is much smaller than Microsoft and has smaller customers
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 57
5/22/2011 3:26:30   
Mr. Black OP

@t.600
ya maybe but it wld take a lot of time becuz of all the inactive variums from alpha and beta :/
@rkc
lol good point
Epic  Post #: 58
5/22/2011 3:29:31   
T.600

^Maybe it should only apply for beta testers, alpha tester and founders. MUHAHAHA! That's if the devs don't want to work that much although it is their job to do strenous jobs like this.

OR if you've purchased more than 30k varium....

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 3:30:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
5/22/2011 3:31:21   
Mr. Black OP

@above
lol there are only a handful of active varium users from alpha and beta
Epic  Post #: 60
5/22/2011 3:33:39   
T.600

^What if you've purchased 40k varium or more?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
5/22/2011 3:35:39   
Mr. Black OP

@above
well that wld be good for team and the ppl who spent A LOT of money on this game
but for the ppl who spent some money would be mad and will feel like the money they spent dsnt matter
so as u can see it will be hard to balance :/
also we shldnt count on them even taking in wiseman's original suggestion

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 5/22/2011 3:37:31 >
Epic  Post #: 62
5/22/2011 3:37:45   
T.600

They can suck it up but the rich people ( in this case people who spent more) will always get more stuff...

< Message edited by T.600 -- 5/22/2011 3:38:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
5/22/2011 3:39:15   
m16dern warfare

change in prices definately, idk this argument is meaningless, i think most compensators rewalized they wont be compensated if they change prices, so vote change prices.

AQW Epic  Post #: 64
5/22/2011 3:40:47   
Wiseman

Please stop arguing about and demanding compensation for something that is at this time just a suggestion to begin with.

As I said before the developers will decide if, when, and how much compensation will be given, if any at all. Also keep in mind that not everyone bought the same package. If they gave someone that bought the 10k V package the same amount of varium as someone that bought the 500V package, would that make you happy? If the answer is no then know this, they can probably trace the package buyers, but I doubt they can distinguish between the ones that paid 50$ vs the ones that paid 10$, meaning everyone will receive equal compensation. So with that said, the most likely thing they will give (if anything at all) would be an achievement like "EpicDuel Supporter".

I'll ask this again, and I'll bold it this time.

Would you want the packages to stay the same price because of what you already paid for, or would you rather them be changed to what I suggested whether your compensated or not?

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/22/2011 3:43:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
5/22/2011 3:43:35   
RKC

I think this will not happen.

1) The compensation is gonna be huge, specially for those who bought more 50$ varium.
2) The dev's are quick to get money and not when they give something to players. Big example Elites.
3) This game is all about money.

@ Wiseman

Thats where receipts come in so no scam can be done.

< Message edited by RKC -- 5/22/2011 3:45:14 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 66
5/22/2011 3:45:09   
Nexus...

Very well put Wiseman.

I do not see why their is an argument here in the first place. This would be a major improvement to ED. We should all be happy this is even up for consideration, and under no circumstances should anyone assume or think that players will be or should be compensated.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 67
5/22/2011 4:07:24   
Santa ClawZz

Very nice idea Wiseman. It's about time the prices were lowered a bit. This is a very good strategy from the devs' side and I bet all EpicDuel customers will be satisfied. I don't really think that previous varium purchasers should be compensated, but since this is one of those "Player Appreciation" updates, why not give us something small. That ED Supporter sounds splendid OR they could give all of us 2,500 varium and 3,000 credits (equal to a 20$ package). This is just something that came across and I don't really need it, but seeing as many are arguing and not letting this go on, then why not give them a little something?

Again, this is a very good time to lower the prices as summer is coming and players will have more time to play and obviously, spend.

< Message edited by Santa ClawZz -- 5/22/2011 4:08:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
5/22/2011 4:23:30   
Tiago X

*staring at the chart Ashari made* DO WANT!
And yeah, in this case more varium , wold mean more people paying for it.
But I don't think this will be implemented, that's the sad truth.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
5/22/2011 4:43:22   
jegaggin

I doubt they could but i just checked they keep a record of how much varium you bought in the past
http://portal.battleon.com/account/payhistory.asp
So i guess it wouldnt be too hard. I wouldnt give all the varium that is owed maybe half? so like 4k for each past purchase?
and to wiseman's question raise how much you varium you get for your buck BUT don't raise the price of weapons in game.

< Message edited by jegaggin -- 5/22/2011 4:45:01 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
5/22/2011 5:02:46   
T.600

quote:

As I said before the developers will decide if, when, and how much compensation will be given, if any at all. Also keep in mind that not everyone bought the same package. If they gave someone that bought the 10k V package the same amount of varium as someone that bought the 500V package, would that make you happy? If the answer is no then know this, they can probably trace the package buyers, but I doubt they can distinguish between the ones that paid 50$ vs the ones that paid 10$, meaning everyone will receive equal compensation. So with that said, the most likely thing they will give (if anything at all) would be an achievement like "EpicDuel Supporter".

Actually it can be tracked lol...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
5/22/2011 5:26:44   
comicalbike

i agree with wiseman the game cant go backwards so lets have a medal for the past and have the new system wiseman suggested for the varium
Epic  Post #: 72
5/22/2011 5:29:58   
VIX

-That's an amazing idea Wiseman. i agree with your idea completly. and it would be a cool idea for people who want more varium and less $$ ( atleast hope this idea will work)
-This is a very good time to lower the prices as summer is coming and players will have more time to play and obviously, spend.

@Wiseman : is this gonna happen soon ? or you're just telling people to see what they gonna say about this.. ?

~VIX

Epic  Post #: 73
5/22/2011 6:00:02   
TurkishIncubus

I Support ,

Increasing varium per pack is great idea and just add promos in game i dont care its pricing do it 2k/5k/10k i dont care but just put it in game

Epic  Post #: 74
5/22/2011 6:40:13   
T.600

Here are my the options I think they should consider for compensation (yes we need compensation):

Give everyone who purchased varium before enhancements were introduced: the ED supporter achievment and 4500 varium
Give everyone who purchased varium after enhancements but before the update the ED supporter achievment.

Give everyone who has purchased more than 40k varium compensation on all previously bought packages.

Convert existing varium equal to new value of varium, eg: If I had 10k varium in my inventory it would change into 18k varium

Personally, I prefer the first option because it isn't hard to implement and it is VERY reasonable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition