Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2011 7:51:42   
Vick Vega

quote:

I love this repricing idea, but you just know that someone's gonna complain when they paid for varium a year ago and now they can get way more for that money.

Ok Dill,

How about the Varium I bought 2 weeks ago? 3 Weeks? Yesterday? As stated here other AE games have made it right by the people who have consistantly supported the games for the entire time. There is no reason that they could not make the adjustment for people if they change the pay structure outside of the unwillingness to do so.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 201
5/25/2011 9:15:56   
Sageofpeace

Well hope we have some response few from the dev's
Post #: 202
5/25/2011 9:16:44   
DillBagel

@Vick The problem with a "compensation" would be that the top plack almost doubles in value. No one in there right mind is gonna give you tens of thousands of varium. Get a little more realistic, it's plenty enough of a gift if they just changed the pricing and packages.

< Message edited by DillBagel -- 5/25/2011 9:17:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 203
5/25/2011 9:37:26   
comicalbike

the package wiseman has thought up is very good as there is a recession on now and the game has got to expensive by the time you have done the enhancements a lot of the varium is gone.i was going to stop playing the game but if they bring in wiseman idea i will wait a while longer. but will just not buy any varium till then as its not worth it any more.the game used to be nice and fast but is getting slower now and not so much fun.

< Message edited by comicalbike -- 5/25/2011 9:38:36 >
Epic  Post #: 204
5/25/2011 11:04:47   
Vick Vega

quote:

@Vick The problem with a "compensation" would be that the top plack almost doubles in value. No one in there right mind is gonna give you tens of thousands of varium. Get a little more realistic, it's plenty enough of a gift if they just changed the pricing and packages.

Then lets call a spade a spade. People who have supported the game up until now compared to the push to get new people to support the game for the future are less important. I would like to point out that no other service industry operates like this. Even Best Buy, which is an evil empire of its own, gives you the difference if they change the price on something for 6 months. Why? Because they are smart enough to know the value of repeat business. Something ED has failed to recognize.

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 5/25/2011 11:58:37 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 205
5/25/2011 12:02:56   
Sageofpeace

@Vega think about it do you think that they are going to award players that have support the game since the begging no they are not and they don't care, take a look at the 2vs1 battle mode they literally trick us to buy the golden card for 10$ and them just give us a chip award which smart and most varuim player don't care.

so the reason why i don't wanted to push them in to reward us is because who knows if they are even considering Wiseman idea so let's at least get one thing.
Post #: 206
5/25/2011 16:31:59   
altimatum

that's a LOT of compensation people would have so much leftover varium
don't look a gift horse in the mouth, changing the price alone is a step in the right direction
Post #: 207
5/25/2011 16:50:10   
9001WaysToLaugh

Compensation... if that can be done that go ahead but if not, then I will be happy with the new packages regardless.
Epic  Post #: 208
5/25/2011 21:11:12   
Celestine
Constructive!

This is a well thought out proposed plan. As the game has developed, inflation has risen and thus Varium has decreased in value.
With the introduction of Robots, Houses, and most significantly Enhancements, the need for Varium has also risen.

The change in the amount of Varium in each package should have been inevitable.

As for those wishing for compensation, I would not get my hopes up. I have bought my shares of $50 packages, but I don't feel I need to get compensated.
ToySoldier has provided good examples as to why there should be no compensation here.

The main question you should ask yourself: Would it benefit me, a supporting player, to allow the these packages to remain the same or should I support this new system which would benefit in my later purchases?

-Celestine

< Message edited by Celestine -- 5/25/2011 21:15:09 >
DF Epic  Post #: 209
5/25/2011 21:18:53   
The Death Trap

Genius Idea Wiseman

Supported :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 210
5/26/2011 5:32:38   
bloodz n cripz

This will Be cool man , I hope GOod luck bro !! Go For it :D
Post #: 211
5/26/2011 9:17:31   
Polandor

We really need a big change in varium pricing, Wiseman idea is REALLY good.

And all agree !!!

Post #: 212
5/26/2011 9:43:29   
Vick Vega

quote:

that's a LOT of compensation people would have so much leftover varium
don't look a gift horse in the mouth, changing the price alone is a step in the right direction

You are right. It is exactly what I said before. It is a step in the right direction (for the future payers). Why do you want to minimize the fact that it has to be at the expense of those who have been supporting this for over 2 years?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 213
5/26/2011 15:25:07   
Light Stridr

@Vick
It is better to do something at the expense of a certain group than to leave things as they are at the expense of all people, past, future, present.
AQW Epic  Post #: 214
5/26/2011 18:49:50   
Shadronica

@ Vick Vega.

I think if our game developers could compensate us with some varium back that they would but that decision is not theirs.

I think that our fistful of dollars has been absorbed by another new AE game (not mentioning any games in particular that start with *coughhscough*).

*shrugs* I highly doubt that compensation in the form of a varium refund will be something our game developers can do, whether they wanted to or not.

However, if they wanted to give us any other form of appreciation then that would be entirely up to our admin and you need to understand that our game developers are stuck between a rock and a hard place here.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 215
5/26/2011 19:07:52   
altimatum

hrm if shad is right, then pester someone else about compensation i mean if T+N can't control that compensation, look for someone that does.

< Message edited by altimatum -- 5/26/2011 19:09:15 >
Post #: 216
5/26/2011 21:45:21   
H4ll0w33n

i agree
Post #: 217
5/27/2011 12:32:04   
Vick Vega

I have already spoke at length on how I feel about it here

Honestly, I think we are in the way of progress.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 218
5/28/2011 7:26:26   
Synbad Syndicated

recently i've been playing with AE money calculations. lets say that 1 out of 15 players pay twice. take a small amount let's say 10.
50x2=20x10
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20
100=20

so for every 10 players that pay twice epicduel makes $1000 while the combined number of variums given out by AE is 200,00.
so because AE is a large company they lose more money giving out 200,000 variums, yet they only make $1000. that's why ED's life source practically runs on variums.
THAT IS WHY AQW IS A GOLD MINE FOR AE. THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN LOSE MONEY. TOO MUCH MONEY.
but than again aqw is nothing but a dress up game for kids. so like it even matters.

we complain because were paying tons and tons of money. only to lose them in half than 2 weeks just from buying (if your bad with money/spending. the prices too buy varium items in ED are too much for us even in this economy. now if we were too drop the price of the items by 20% than you'd see alot more varium players at level 27, making ED more unfair and loads more flame threads resulting in even more loss of money. that's

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TOO FIX THIS PROBLEM. MAKE MORE NON VARIUM ITEMS THAT ARE ON PAR YET SLIGHTLY WEAKER WITH VARIUM ITEMS. BUT RAISE THE PRICE OF THE CREDITS TO 25K, 3OK, OR EVEN 50K.

So in short we need the following:
add more stats to non varium items.
add an in-game tournaments every month were the top 3 winners win free varium.
add variums as a possible win from arcade. with 1% rate of actually winning it.
add repeatable daily missions. that give credits once a day.
add more non varium items that may be just as good or even better than varium based items. but raise the price of credits.
add in-game promos. but lower varium cost
add non-varium hair syles
add level 35
Decrease the price of creditable enhancements to a max of 80,000 for 10 stats.
nerf,cap, or diminish strength and support builds. so non varium and varium players can be happy.
remove luck factor.
~got carried away some how down the line

also if you have spent more than $120-50+ you should get a nice reimbursement. my G can't believe some one can spend more than $100 on a single game. im the worst of game addicts and even i spare my soul from torture.
more of explanation on why i thought this might be a good idea can be found here~ AE THE PRICE OF MONEY

< Message edited by phrax -- 5/28/2011 7:58:09 >
Post #: 219
5/29/2011 9:58:13   
Polandor

Can we get a response from Titan or Nightwraith on the opening post ?
Post #: 220
5/29/2011 19:04:47   
Shadronica

Hopefully Titan and Nightwraith are using those cool Mage and Bounty Hunter skills on Artix the Paladin as we speak.

Imagine them doing battle with Artix and every hit to Artix he dropped gold that Titan and Nightwraith are collecting to bring back for all of us. Woot!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 221
5/29/2011 19:16:21   
Sky Drifter

Hopefully this is added soon, 18,000 varium seems great instead of the 10k package.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 222
5/29/2011 19:59:34   
Shadronica

Its not JUST the varium packages that need to be addressed in EpicDuel Sky Drifter.

If they only address the varium packages then it will be a "false economy".

The essential money wasters in this game are still there. The game is frought with money traps.
quote:

Examples of this are -
1. Several hundreds of dollars spent in one day to achieve WD for ONE day for heavens sakes.
2. The War Kills board ... How many shamelessly unlimited dollars are players being allowed to contribute there?
3. The Rares board ... How many multiple rares can you buy honestly?

These features just smack of "show me the money".

Don't even get me started on enhancements! We all know that is an ouch factor.

What happened to a game of PvP? It got seriously trampled and shoved aside for some blatantly needless features that took the limelight from the game itself.

Oh by the way ... if by chance that the War Kills board were to be changed I would certainly hope that the players who have contributed to that part of ED gets full recognition as being Demi Gods on the all time board but seriously how bout some limitations on the War Kills and Rares board.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 5/29/2011 20:09:42 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 223
5/29/2011 20:14:27   
Sky Drifter

I wasn't implying all of those money wasting scams. xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 224
5/29/2011 20:35:56   
Xxbbooxx

i would like this implemented whether we get compensated or not, as 10k varium doesn't get you a whole lot any more. also i especially think we should be able to pay more moeny irl for more credits ingame, such as what was suggested, as in buy the $50 package, and pay $5 more for 5k credits more, also maybe an alternate payment system, where u can pay $50 for something like 100k credits and no varium?

another thought off the first page: I think we should be able to buy credits ingame for varium, eg 100 varium = 1k credits, 500 varium = 5k credits, 1000 varium = 12k credits, so we get 10x how much varium we pay, ad can pay any amount, once we get to payments over 1000 varium you get a 20% increase on the credit value
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Just a thought on varium pricing.
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition