Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Epicduel Stats Balancing Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Epicduel Stats Balancing Discussion
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/31/2011 1:07:41   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

I'm not personally sure; Guns improving with Dex? Seeing as most mages run higher Dex, + Deadly Aim, wouldn't that make a bit of an issue?

this would make hi str builds weaker and improve the tm class. also because of the high dex SC overload and technician would also receive a boost as they all rely on dex also slightly increasing the amount of caster mages (ex. technician then plasma bolt (since the high dex makes technician a high tech payout plasma bolt and plasma rain would benefit) then gun then possibly supercharge or overload) i am not sure tho that high dex would make more ppl use SC tho but worth a shot
Epic  Post #: 101
5/31/2011 7:00:41   
Polandor

All single stat if spammed will give one strong attack.

That only one, not 2 like now if you spam st.

Mage skill are weaker than Merc/Bh skill, I don't see any trouble here.

< Message edited by Polandor -- 5/31/2011 7:01:15 >
Post #: 102
5/31/2011 20:50:55   
goldslayer1

quote:

this would make hi str builds weaker and improve the tm class. also because of the high dex SC overload and technician would also receive a boost as they all rely on dex also slightly increasing the amount of caster mages (ex. technician then plasma bolt (since the high dex makes technician a high tech payout plasma bolt and plasma rain would benefit) then gun then possibly supercharge or overload) i am not sure tho that high dex would make more ppl use SC tho but worth a shot

str bh also run on high dex (almost the same ammount of dex and str in str bh) so their sidearm and primary would be about the same.
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
6/1/2011 1:56:13   
Xendran

Actually their sidearm would be a bit weaker, however the builds that struggle the most against them would be brought up to their level in power, and insane str mercs/bh would get lowered
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 104
6/1/2011 2:47:05   
ninjatom

I must say, lots of great ideas in this. I like the dex improving the sidearm damage. Just think about it, even if you are super strong the damage would not change depending oh how hard you pull the trigger, which is how things are currently in the game with strength improving sidearm damage.

One thing to point out:
Each stat would improve a weapon damage, but each weapon type has different cool downs
Strength weapon has no cool down, making it really good
Dex weapon has 2 cool down, but dex would also increase defense making it really good
Tech weapon would have 3 cool down, but possibly two attacks with bot and increase resistance making it really good
Support weapon has 3 cool down, and its other adjustments are not as good as defense/resistance

In conclusion: support would be at a disadvantage considering that its weapon has 3 cool down and its other game modifiers are not as good as the dex or tech modifiers. Otherwise, i would vote this a great change

< Message edited by ninjatom -- 6/1/2011 2:51:36 >
Epic  Post #: 105
6/1/2011 4:12:53   
Xendran

Support contains the advantage of being a universal healing modifier which gives you more of an opportunity to use your other weapons
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 106
6/1/2011 8:00:51   
Raizuken

Yeah that would be a great idea every stat increases the damage of each weapon.
Str-Primary
Dex-Sidearm
Tech-Robot
Supp-Aux

But i sense this would make the +5 focus builds more and more dominant than other builds.You need to throw in a little chaos in there to make some space for the near future build that will be fun,creative and high win rate
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
6/1/2011 8:30:26   
Xendran

There's no reason this would make the focus builds dominant, as all their weapons would have average damage. They wouldn't really have the KO potential of pushed builds. Focus builds would be just as effective as a build that has average str and supp with high dex and tech for example, especially since you no longer need focus to have an effective robot since this thread is assuming focus is removed. (Which honestly, no matter how much the devs want to keep it in, it, out of all things balance related, is what needs to be removed the absolute most)

< Message edited by Xendran -- 6/1/2011 8:31:57 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 108
6/1/2011 8:33:46   
5rr5
Banned

It belongs to the suggestion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
6/1/2011 8:35:21   
Xendran

5rr5, please read the very first thing i said in the first post of the thread.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 110
6/1/2011 15:31:44   
Firewallblast

Ooh I love this personally Im weak in dmg and my dex is pretty good so i would be a pretty good sup merc lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
6/1/2011 21:00:36   
Polandor

It is a good idea, with simple changes, that will balance the game a lot more than now.

This should be phase one, phase 2 being a balance of skills.
Post #: 112
6/1/2011 23:57:54   
Xendran

I'd like a developer opinion on this if at all possible, seeing as significantly more effort was put into this than there is into the majority of "FIX DA GAEM PL0X" posts.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 113
6/2/2011 19:11:48   
Polandor

I would be really nice to hear from Titan on this.
Post #: 114
6/2/2011 23:17:13   
H4ll0w33n

Very nice , defaintly better than right now, although i would like block to still be 100% damage ignore, or switch it to dodge instead >.>
Post #: 115
6/3/2011 16:09:00   
Polandor

The block at 50% is a good idea, and match deflection 50%.
Perhaps if you have more than 100 dex than your enemy you could block at 75% ?
Post #: 116
6/3/2011 17:26:20   
Xendran

Well if you have that much dex you would be defending almost all of the damage anyways :P
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 117
6/3/2011 17:27:40   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I have no where 100 Dex and i block a great deal, although Shadow Arts at level 6 might be mostly responsible.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
6/6/2011 0:57:41   
Xendran

I would still appreciate developer feedback.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 119
6/6/2011 10:11:57   
Polandor

Maybe we should call the police they have been missing for a long time.
Post #: 120
6/8/2011 22:17:39   
The Joker X

This really should get implemented into the game. Hopefully one of the devs could comment on your ideas.
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Epicduel Stats Balancing Discussion
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition