Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2011 15:06:06   
Hun Kingq

Earlier today in a 2vs2 match I faced a level 5 build merc low resistance low dex my strength at 65 total giving me 15-18 +33 +10 (DA) he had energy bot at first I did not malf shot him with the stun blaster only 9 points of damage then later I malf he did not debuff I only got 19. I was at a level 5 build myself with my defense and resistance 50% high then his he got greater damage on me then I did on him.

So as you could see mercs are not only strong offensively but they are strong defensively as well that is why I don't see why any merc has to abuse any stat to win a battle.
Epic  Post #: 26
6/1/2011 19:27:08   
Lectrix

quote:

Bounty Hunters are still the most effective 1v1 killer.

1v1. I was talking about 2v2. Mercs obviously dominate 2v2, and anyone who disagrees must be a Merc who doesn't want to admit that they're overpowered.

quote:

Also again i say this a simple emp makes mercs not able to use their super skills.

@people who thinks emp does not stop merc

u guys should play a merc and vs a super tech bh with strong emp, strong robo,strong smoke and throw in a few points in sa. 1) mercs will be forced to use thier unblockables and remember unblockables comes once ever 3 turn. 3 turn is actually enuf to kill a merc with gamma bot when he/she is smoked.

My Bounty Hunter's EMP Grenade has backfired on several occasions. Why? I think I'll Quote myself again:

quote:

EMP Grenade basically uses up a turn, so that your opponent can perform a weaker attack; nevertheless, your opponent still attacks (AND increases their Rage Meter).

Some Mercs are carrying Energy Boosters these days. EMP Grenade --> Energy Booster means you both wasted a turn.

And again...

quote:

You're forgetting the other advantages that Mercs gain with high Support, including decreased Deflection chance (increased in terms of defense) and increased Critical Hit % (decreased in terms of defense). Also, it is unlikely that an EMP Grenade will drain a Merc's Energy completely, leaving enough Energy for Skills like Double Strike, Field Commander, Intimidate, or Field Medic (and we all know how powerful a Support Merc's Field Medic is).

And yet again (Like I said, this has been an issue for so long that I have a Quote to counter nearly every argument):

quote:

Now, let's take a look at Bounty Hunters and EMP Grenade. Most Bounty Hunters don't plan to use EMP Grenade. Keep in mind that EMP Grenade drains the user's Energy as well.

What is a Bounty Hunter supposed to do without Energy? Without Smoke Screen, Bounty Hunters are doomed. Mercs are a real pain in the you-know-what, thanks to Hybrid Armor. Hybrid Armor, coupled with any amount of Dexterity, renders most Physical Attacks nearly useless (especially at lower Levels). Without Smoke Screen, most Physical Attacks will do nothing but increase a Bounty Hunter's Rage Meter.

My point? Bounty Hunters are hurt just as badly (if not more so) as Mercs when they use, or are attacked with EMP Grenade.

I shall Quote myself one last time. In a nutshell:

quote:

The time for lies is over. Every Player KNOWS the truth: 2v2 Mercs are Overpowered. There is an overwhelming number of Mercs in 2v2. Numbers don't lie. If Mercs prefer to get a few more wins at the cost of Balance, then they're just being selfish. I'm disgusted at the lack of Balance in 2v2, and I'm sure every non-Merc feels the same way. This needs to end, NOW.

Removed trolling comment. Let's keep this civil and on-topic. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 6/1/2011 22:56:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/1/2011 19:38:06   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kinng Where is the proof because that makes 0 sence. He had low resistence? And you hit only 9s and 19s with all that damage you should be hitting espiecially if you have the stun blasters.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/1/2011 19:41:37   
Synbad Syndicated

rebuilding mage skill tree should fix most of everything.
heal-matrix-plasma
malf-tech-bolt
gun-route-rain
bludge-assimilation(unblockable(lvl10)-charge

< Message edited by phrax -- 6/1/2011 19:50:18 >
Post #: 29
6/1/2011 19:54:14   
goldslayer1

@lectrix

quote:

1. According to you, the Bounty Hunter was on the 2v2 Leaderboards "a couple months ago". Before (and after) that, I've seen only Mercs, Mercs, and more Mercs. But I don't care about the Leaderboards; they mean nothing to me when thousands of 2v2 Battles have shown me that there are way too many Mercs in 2v2. Why? Mercs are overpowered.

thats because mercs have the best multi. because it runs on support and not defensive stats (u ever seen a multi shot do 100+ damage with max bloodlust while low hp? BL gives u back about 30 hp)

there are many skilled players out there who are capable of getting 80% in 2 vs 2 with mage or BH
like Rogue ninja, PRIMAL ASSASSIN, sha 2nd mage.
i myself gotten 80% with tech mage before in 2 vs 2 when i was lvl 28 or 29 cant remember it well.

quote:

2. It seems like "Mercs mostly have un-blockable skills", because they tend to abuse their Unblockables more often than Bounty Hunters or Tech Mages. These Skills also tend to be highly effective... which is unfortunate, for those of us who have to think to come up with equally effective Builds.

if Bh weren't blocking so much then mercs wouldn't have to start using unblockables so much.

EMP always ruins a build. its cheap and takes away alot of energy

quote:

5. With 3 Unblockable Skills AND 2 Unblockable Weapons (which you apparently forgot about), a Merc can easily win a Battle without resorting to Blockable attacks. If you Mercs are STILL complaining about Shadow Arts, you're simply having bad luck. Then again, I have bad luck almost every time I encounter a Merc. They Crit, Block, Deflect, Stun, ignore Defense, etc. Need I say more?!?
3 unblockables? does it look like we carry enough energy for all 3 and then a heal (because we need that to survive many builds like the lucky critting mages with just as much support as us)
and about shadow arts i made str builds that included more dex than what the BH had, and still got blocked alot 2 times (sometimes more) on a regular basis by the average BH, is that really bad luck?
and support is to increase deflect, crit and ignore defense for some skills. (blocks really? u gotta be kidding me now ur just throwing random stuff in there) and idk about the stun part most of the great support type weps for support mercs are frostbane and azrael bane, they aren't mauls.

quote:

6. "support merc vs support tech mages is a loss for the support merc. usually because the support tech mages will crit more on the support merc." Ok, this one doesn't make sense at all. Why would a Support Tech Mage Crit more often?

idk it just happens. when i used support merc i always had trouble with mages, and those that i beat esily didn't know how to play well.
and when im mage i dont have much of a hard time with support mercs. they loose unless they crit and deflect a couple of times.

quote:

7. 2v2 is Merc territory. I've tried, again and again, to survive in 2v2 as a Tech Mage. But if a Merc is involved in a 2v2 battle, I know I've already lost -- just because I'm not a Merc. And I will never be a Merc. NEVER. I've seen enough Mercs as is; for me to become a Merc would be for me to betray myself. I've seen enough Mercs to know that Bounty Hunters and Tech Mages are weaker than Mercs... but stronger in mind.
well then i guess ur not seeing the argument from the MERC side so that already kinda makes ur argument invalid. i like to play as all classes and builds. i play support mercs as heal loop (yes its back not as effective as before, but it certainly whooped support merc and str bh) and once their artillery and aux are used and ur still alive, they are basically screwed as all they have left is wait for the zooka to cooldown. and when i did play as the heal loop, 5 focus BH was the only type of build that could beat the heal loop build. reason being is, the more hp i have, the more they take, the more they get thru BL. everytime i healed it was a waste of a turn, but another turn for the focus Bh to bot or aux and get back like 10 hp per attack. and with energy shield that cost 13 energy and gives about 25+ res it was a pain.

quote:

Also the ridiculous thing is bunker buster has 20% def ignore + 25% critical chance , i can understand the % ignore but why there is crit chance??? Simple tech abuse build hit too much.
well turk cheapshot also has a crit chance (it also more deadly than bunker and at low lvls with low ammounts of energy) and it certainly is just as strong as bunker, at lvl 1.....
it saved me many times with the stun cheapshot combo (costed 34 energy all together = a mass) when i couldn't execute massacre.

quote:

Earlier today in a 2vs2 match I faced a level 5 build merc low resistance low dex my strength at 65 total giving me 15-18 +33 +10 (DA) he had energy bot at first I did not malf shot him with the stun blaster only 9 points of damage then later I malf he did not debuff I only got 19. I was at a level 5 build myself with my defense and resistance 50% high then his he got greater damage on me then I did on him.

So as you could see mercs are not only strong offensively but they are strong defensively as well that is why I don't see why any merc has to abuse any stat to win a battle.

if he had low damage u should have clearly done more damage. it can also be a graphical bug. i seen it some times with tech mages when their defense matrix appears to be low lvl but gives 30+ def at low support lvls (it was actually maxxed by a lvl 25)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/1/2011 19:57:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/1/2011 20:03:54   
frosty123

ughhhh one malf and the merc bunker is useless. Look supoort mercs are a type of build that requires rage because of low str. If mercs are so OP then lets do a non-varium merc vs the most UP class out of em all the (varium)mage becuase half the skill tree is useless(non exactly).

Non-var merc auxs. The mage malfs. The merc Artillary. The mage aux. The merc heal. The mage gun. The merc rages. The mage heals. The merc strike/or gun. The mage aux. The merc falls on the ground. O yea its not that much OP right?

You guys hsouldnt be making threads on varium mercs. The non-varium are more UP than any thing.
Post #: 31
6/1/2011 21:14:15   
Firewallblast

^ ugh non-varium mercs are the best non-varium class 2nd is mage and last is bh
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/1/2011 21:27:18   
altimatum

@frosty123

Erm comparing a varium, fully equipped mage to a non-varium mercenary? Doesn't seem too relevant as there's a HUGE stat gap between P2P and F2P
Post #: 33
6/1/2011 21:47:52   
Lectrix

quote:

Non-var merc auxs. The mage malfs. The merc Artillary. The mage aux. The merc heal. The mage gun. The merc rages. The mage heals. The merc strike/or gun. The mage aux. The merc falls on the ground. O yea its not that much OP right?

It should be more like this: Merc uses Auxiliary --> Tech Mage uses Malfunction --> Merc uses Artillery Strike --> Tech Mage uses Field Medic -> Merc uses Sidearm --> Tech Mage uses Auxiliary --> Merc uses Field Medic --> Tech Mage uses Sidearm --> Merc uses Sidearm with Rage --> Merc wins.

Something along those lines.

Anyway, I'm not comparing Varium Players to non-Varium Players. I'm comparing ALL Mercs to ALL Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters. There is obviously a large gap between Varium Players and non-Varium Players, for the obvious reason that Varium Players are paying and supporting the game.

@Goldslayer: Look, I'm getting tired of this. So I'm going to try to keep this as simple as possible.

Mercs shouldn't have "the best" anything. Same goes for Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters. After all, we all want BALANCE ("a state of equilibrium")... right?

Bounty Hunters don't block as much as you think. I can easily say that I can't use my Unblockable Weapons on Mercs because they Deflect too often... it's the same as the Shadow Arts argument.

EMP Grenade is "cheap and takes away alot of energy"? I can easily say the same about Atom Smasher.

When I mentioned that I get Blocked by Mercs, I was talking about all Mercs in general. Mercs tend to have less Dexterity, but always end up Blocking my attacks: why? A Strength Merc has more Dexterity than a Bounty Hunter, but still ends up getting Blocked: why?
LUCK

"support merc vs support tech mages is a loss for the support merc. usually because the support tech mages will crit more on the support merc." Again, LUCK

And are you Mercs seeing this argument from MY point of view? Well, some of you do. But for those of you who don't, consider this:

I'm a Level 33 mostly non-Varium Tech Mage (I have a Gamma Bot). I like 2v2 Battles. But I HATE most of the 2v2 Players. Why? They're MERCS! And even when I use my head and create somewhat-decent Builds, I can barely damage a Merc! Why? ALL Mercs are either walking tanks or glass cannons; they LAUGH at my pathetic attempts to defeat them! I'm fed up with this INJUSTICE!

And why do I keep running into Mercs in 2v2?!? LUC... oh wait. It's NOT because of luck. It's because of a STATISTIC: There are way too many Mercs in 2v2, because they're overpowered!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/1/2011 22:03:41   
State Alchemist

Lectrix,

I agree with you totally. in Juggernaut mode you get the 2v2 players, and its mostly MERC.
mercs bunker BOTH on me, then both artillery, and if I am barely standing after it thats it.

When 2 mercs can dominate Juggernaut mode you know mercs are WAY overpowered!
Post #: 35
6/1/2011 22:29:20   
frosty123

okay i do agree with to much mercs in 2vs2 becuase of support. SO what i was thinking to make it fair is to put a stat cap on the stats. Not only will it kill the support mercs but it can help lower lvs. Like when i was at a lower lv i met a guy who had every point in support. So if you put a stat cap on the stats they wont abuse them.

Lv 1-3 Stat cap 25
Lv 4-7 State cap 30
Lv 8-10 State cap 33
Lv 10-15 Stat Cap 37
Lv 15-20 Stat zCap 40
Lv 20-30 Stat cap 55
Lv 31-33 Stat cap 70 Excluding Stat modifer

That will kill all support builds, Str build, dex builds. But unfortunally every one will ahve 5 focus builds.
Post #: 36
6/1/2011 23:06:30   
goldslayer1

quote:

Mercs shouldn't have "the best" anything. Same goes for Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters. After all, we all want BALANCE ("a state of equilibrium")... right?

we dont have the best of anything. people say bunker is OP this and that, but they fail to realize that it has to be maxxed for it to have great effect, while BH has a cheapshot that those just as much damage as bunker, but at lvl 1, and only costs 10 energy.
while u do 1 bunker, i can do 3 cheapshots. and do 3 times the damage.

quote:

Bounty Hunters don't block as much as you think. I can easily say that I can't use my Unblockable Weapons on Mercs because they Deflect too often... it's the same as the Shadow Arts argument.

i played BH as all classes and i tend to have 80-90 dex on BH builds, 70-80 dex on merc builds. and 75-90 dex on TM.
when i was a BH i would block atleast 2 times per match 80% of the time, it was funny how frustrated the enemy got when i blocked twice.
have u seen a dex/support/focus BH? with reflex that gives like 50-60 dex? once they put that reflex on, its over ur not gonna hit them unless its unblockable. (i got blocked 6 times in a row several times by reflex BH)

quote:

EMP Grenade is "cheap and takes away alot of energy"? I can easily say the same about Atom Smasher.

yeah except the more res u have the less we take.
if we do 20 damage with the primary atom lvl 1 its gonna take 9 energy. emp takes away 20+ at lvl 1 and unblockable.

quote:

When I mentioned that I get Blocked by Mercs, I was talking about all Mercs in general. Mercs tend to have less Dexterity, but always end up Blocking my attacks: why? A Strength Merc has more Dexterity than a Bounty Hunter, but still ends up getting Blocked: why?
LUCK
"luck" doesn't happen so frequently

quote:

"support merc vs support tech mages is a loss for the support merc. usually because the support tech mages will crit more on the support merc." Again, LUCK
again luck doesn't happen so frequently.
in order to play a mage u have to be smart (everyone knows that)if the tech mage gets out smarted, he looses.

quote:

And why do I keep running into Mercs in 2v2?!? LUC... oh wait. It's NOT because of luck. It's because of a STATISTIC: There are way too many Mercs in 2v2, because they're overpowered!
i just explained this a couple posts ago.
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/1/2011 23:29:51   
frosty123

As we speak of Bunker Buster. The reason why it ignores defese is because the merc cant lower defese. Same with multi. The 10% ignore is like a smoke for 1 turn. The crit chance have no idea why they put that. It should be changed to 15 10 r 20 %. That might reduce the complain about bunker.
Post #: 38
6/1/2011 23:42:59   
Luna_moonraider

@ Lectrix

Do u really want every1 in game to run around with stupid 5 focus build. if not stop complaining. 5 focus build are almost everywhere now due to people complaining bout heal loop,str bh,str merc,support merc. i personaly hate 5 focus builds because there no creativity wat so ever.

quote:

atom smasher is blockeble and bh have sa to block merc atom smash and mages ahve reroute to counter the energy loss. mercs do not have any skill to counter energy loss.

now for the energy booster argument.

1) energy booster cost credits
2) u have to equip them to use them
3) u can only use them at max 2 times in a battle
4) energy booster take up bag slot

well every knows wat is energy booster the list above just show wat is a energy booster for those who do not know wat is energy booster.

ok mercs love energy booster because it helps them in a battle if the get emp because yes they are useless without energy(unless they are tank mercs) most 2v2 mercs are support mercs. usinga a energy booster means the merc also lose a turn so it is back to square 1. if the emp does more than -43 energy the merc cant really do much in 2v2 he cant multi he can only heal but bh will out damage him.most support merc have 61 energy in 2v2 so that they can heal and use their all powerful arty strike. a -43 emp ca simple distroy them. because 61-43=18.18+25=43. 43 energy means no arty for them. Think bout it most mercs need energy and are very dependend on energy without energy they are useless. and as stated above energy booster is not a built in skill so merc need to constanly buy energy booster so basically they are adicted to energy booster. Mages can counter all energy loss if they have high reroute. bh can counter asim and atom smash with thier Shadow arts. so basically bh are so called imune to emp and all the other energy minusing atks. a tech bh can easily bat a support merc and a tank merc reason being a tech bh will have high emp to counter suppor merc and high smoke and some shadow arts to counter those pesky tank robots because tanks do not hanve much dex after a tech bh smokes the tank.

so all and all mercs are not that oped they are defeatable and right now i think most classes have thier str and weaknesses.

AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/1/2011 23:55:28   
BlueKatz

I think we can agree that BH is OP at high level

But overrate, Mer is OP
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/1/2011 23:57:09   
*Nova*

IMO, TM are the ones that are mostly UP.
While Merc and BH are somewhat in the same level.

PS: But Mercs are definitely OP on lower lvls. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 41
6/2/2011 0:15:30   
frosty123

^ 100 percent agree.

Post #: 42
6/2/2011 1:05:36   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

2)Mercs have 0 useless skills , Hunters has VenomStrike,Multishot and Mages has Supercharge,Plasmabolt,Bludgeon,PlasmaRain as useless skills.What is mercs useless skill??? None they can use all skills with different builds.

I think this really explains the root of the problem. Thanks to added effects such as defense ignore and extra crit chance, Merc skills like Artillery Strike and Bunker Buster scale much better than flat damage skill for Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters. Overload and Stun Grenade remain useful pretty much solely for their stun chance. Their damage isn't anything impressive, even with rage. Both BH and TM's multis don't ignore ignore any defenses, so they really suffer at high levels when everyone's defenses skyrocket. The same is true with Plasma Bolt. Flat damage skills just don't scale well compared to the rest of our damage, defenses and health we have from the extra enhancements and the stats on new equipment.

Venom Strike is an odd one out, but since it's capped at 33 damage, its completely ineffective against high health builds and barely worth it against tank builds which is what it was designed for. Maybe it needs to improve with some stat.

Also just a friendly reminder, let's keep this discussion civil. I know class balance threads like to turn into debates, but don't let it become too heated or else I'll have to lock it. I've also removed a few off-topic comments, so let's stay on topic and be nice to each other. :)

< Message edited by Ashari -- 6/2/2011 2:35:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/2/2011 1:17:17   
Firewallblast

@goldslayer i agree with u and all but i have to state the facts atom smasher doesn't depend if the opponent has 40-46 resistance/defense it only matters what ur wep dmg is and is only a little bit reinforced by ur actual str I would know because right know i keep taking 20-21 nrg away from any opponent and when I tried high str and field commander and used a lvl 7 atom smasher which i still use by thew way it took about 5 more than normal so...
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/2/2011 2:33:01   
.Sir Lazarus.

This is realy starting to be annoying... Every day some guy who never was a merc is writing that they are overpowered just cause someone else before said it. Well, last 7 updates mercs are mostly weakend. Its funny how everyone who dont know what he is doing will say the same once they lose from one. Its like a habit realy....

Mercs are not overpowered and i can say that cause i was all 3 classes more times. Support malf mage would kill any merc any time. Yet when i lost from one i never posted how mages are overpowered... And, its so easy to lose from a BH. Any build they have is rocking. Focus 5 BH can kill every build in this game, still, i dont go crying here when i lose from one.

I remember how it was before... When i was 1v1ing in beta and i came accros a BH, i was happy and sure i was gonna win cause mercs were pwning BHs, and on the other side, i was sure i was gonna lose from a mage. Thats the way it was before. 100 % bulletproof theory. Now its different. When i see a BH my reaction would be : Oh great.... Block, block, block, block, deflection, deflection, block... -.- And i lose ( assuming that BH knows whats he is doing ). And when i come accross a mage.... Well to be realy clear on this one, mages rock. Why? Cause their skill that is mostly used - malf, is the only cure for focus 5 builds. When a focus 5 build of any kind come accros a mage (who knows what he is doing) he will lose for sure because not only that skill will make his bot useless it will give a mage the advantige by messing up their resistance. Plus, deadly aim.... That skill is seriously great. Having a mage with malf, support, deadly aim and a preety descent robot would give you 95 % instantly (if you know what you are doing) against all players not with NPCs.

So people, dont make devs change something every day only cause you lost once from a merc... Just remember you lost from mage and a bh 1 minute ago and it was not because mercs are overpowered it was only cause - You didnt know what you were doing...

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/2/2011 3:26:44   
Lectrix

I'd like to make a few general statements that I believe we can all agree on (for the most part). While this is a Quote from a post that's existed for a few weeks, I believe that most of it still holds true.

quote:

1. Mercs are overpowered in 2v2, and consequently...

2. ... There are too many Mercs in 2v2.

3. While Bounty Hunters have the potential to be good at 2v2, they aren't showing it at the moment.

4. Mercs also have the potential to dominate 1v1

I'd also like to make it clear that many things in this game happen because of bad luck, and as of late, I've had some of the worst luck you can imagine. I'm certain that my misfortunes make most of the "I got Blocked by Shadow Arts" complaints seem like a mere paper cut, as opposed to the injustice that I've suffered in countless 2v2 Battles.

You see, while many (if not all) of you deal with occasional problems from certain Builds, I've had to deal with my problem every single time I've pushed the "Find Team Battle" button. I've come to dread that button, because of what I would almost certainly end up seeing if I pressed it: a Merc, waiting to grind my Tech Mage into dust. And the worst part? There's no way to escape my problem as long as Mercs remain as champions of 2v2. It's not as simple as bad luck (as is the case for many other problems); it's bad "Balance". I can't even find a decent 2v2 Battle, because I will more than likely run into a Merc. Or two. And quite often, three. Mercs were designed to be a Balanced Build... against other Mercs. But if any number of Tech Mages or Bounty Hunters are involved in a 2v2 fight with Merc(s), the Merc(s) will almost always come up on top.

Believe me I'm not a "noob" who doesn't know what I'm doing. My Build is effective against many of my opponents (and yes, it does involve Malfunction, like nearly any good Tech Mage Build). And as a Player who's sick of being annihilated by Mercs, I've tried MANY Builds to counter Mercs; they've all FAILED. There's not much I can do as a Level 33 Tech Mage who relies on non-Varium equipment, with the sole exception of a Gamma Bot.

In short, I'm at a disadvantage in 2v2, simply because I'm not a Merc. If I have to avoid a Battle Mode (or risk being defeated by the seemingly endless waves of Mercs) in a 2v2 game where Balance should be a priority... that's sad.

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 6/2/2011 3:32:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/2/2011 3:38:05   
Firewallblast

quote:

This just popped into my head but because U and others like u let them do it. Not even trying, ppl ure acting like a low lvl noob who u tell to atk the high lvl but he thinks he is smarter and thinks hes too weak to atk the high lvl when really the high lvl has defense/resistance worse than the low lvl... That's happening with 2v2 ppl tell u too play but u go play 1v1 when really it might be easier for u.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/2/2011 9:12:21   
goldslayer1

quote:

i agree with u and all but i have to state the facts atom smasher doesn't depend if the opponent has 40-46 resistance/defense it only matters what ur wep dmg is and is only a little bit reinforced by ur actual str I would know because right know i keep taking 20-21 nrg away from any opponent and when I tried high str and field commander and used a lvl 7 atom smasher which i still use by thew way it took about 5 more than normal so...

atom smasher does a portion of the total damage u would do if the enemy in a strike.
basicaly u need to be a str merc in order to have a good atom smasher.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
6/2/2011 12:29:57   
PumKing

@TurkishIncubus

just wanted to say that I've been fiddling around with a bh str build with poison strike, works rather well in my oppinion

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 49
6/2/2011 12:40:43   
veneeria

Honestly, i have no right to protest against what you've said, but the fact of there being "dominate" classes in pvp sounds something unavoidable.
Making a good build means to have advantage and if there can be no more advantage, the game turns boring, although balanced.
I like balance like you, which is why i agree.

But what matters to me more, is there having classes which are the strongest in 1v1 or 2v2...which i really dislike.
If there is anything it can be done, please do it.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition