Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2011 15:39:48   
od

Hopefully they'll make a energy sidearm for nonvars that give str dex and tech, then non var str mages will start to put up a fight
Epic  Post #: 76
6/4/2011 15:41:08   
Lord GaGa

They do not contridict.... each class has a strong point.
Bhts - 1v1
Mercs - 2v2
Mages - 2v2 belive it or not with the right build.
You wanna argue about balance argue with Titan who makes sure it is balanced. -.-
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
6/4/2011 15:45:41   
Mr. Black OP

@above
1v1- bh, and merc (tank, stun zerk combo)
2v2- merc (zooka, artillery, heal)
2v1- merc and sometimes bh (same as 2v2)
ive never seen a mage completely DOMINATE a 2v2 like a merc -.-
Epic  Post #: 78
6/4/2011 16:16:43   
Lord GaGa

I saw a mage with a 5200-950 in 2v2 his name was like
Lord something..

< Message edited by Scakk -- 6/4/2011 16:20:47 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
6/4/2011 16:41:03   
Mr. Black OP

@above
Lord nub?
thats the only guy ik with lord
http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=lord%20nub
he WAS a tm
Epic  Post #: 80
6/4/2011 16:43:57   
goldslayer1

@zman
i think he's referring to himself.
his previous name was lord something (he changed it i think)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/4/2011 16:44:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 81
6/4/2011 17:19:21   
Wraith

5 focus mercs are OPed. You can't say thats untrue because I have a 96% win rate with it. I lost 1 battle since I disconnected. Other than that, I've beaten everyone with a minimum of 28 health left. (Yes, many of my battle hamsters were level 28 f2ps, but still)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 82
6/4/2011 22:18:29   
PumKing

@Lord GaGa
merc are most assuredly oped, yes there are indeed ways to get around a merc.... but thats the key word, A, when you fight one merc i.e. 1v1 yes the bunker and artillary are a problem, but there are builds here and there that can moderately change that favoring which is to steal mp, bh have this in there favor, but for tm's not so much, and at that point in a game a merc will just use aux instead, and then use an energy booster so you cant stop them from using the multi. I am getting side tracked here, and becomeing too biased about 1v1, but that's the problem, it's 1v1, back to the "A merc" as it were, everyone hates them and are quite right about their opedness in 2v2, all mercs, ALL mercs have a fully lvled artillary strike in 2v2 (I am a lvl 33 so the lowest lvl merc i can possibly face is a 23 merc, has happend once but he still had full art, Also, i dont feel bad for saying all mercs have full art in 2v2 for the so few as to not be a full percent point of mercs out there in 2v2 for 2 resons, 1. they are a 1v1 merc with a full bunker and are bored and want to do a 2v2 match for fun 2. they made a bad build on purpose so others can feel good about beating a merc in 2v2).

The point is, it's all well and good to say that a merc isnt oped, but it's another thing to say that when you have gone through your 7th 2v2 match where you are matched up AGAINST a merc pair and you have to sit through a bunker buster from the pair, and then an artillary strike (and of course they target you for being the higher lvl of your own team). And please dont get all ruffled at me and say that "well you must simply not have a good enough build" argument, here's my page, i most assuredly know what I'm doing I R no nub. And please, quit trying to play the whole "*in overly innocent voice and bambi eyes* what do you mean that mercs are oped" facade, good, and many times great merc have posted throug out the forum that they know they are oped, and that it's why they changed there class to it, just have the guts to admit it, I know I don't know who you are in real life, but at least have the courage to admit the truth, you are anonamous so why do you try to put up a facade with such vigor, who are you trying to fool?

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 83
6/5/2011 13:36:35   
Lectrix

I'm not sure if any of you have played as a Bounty Hunter at lower Levels. At early stages of the game, Smoke Screen Builds are nearly useless against Mercs because of Hybrid Armor. Even at higher Levels, Mercs prove to be a challenge for Bounty Hunters because of Hybrid Armor.

I don't see why everyone is always complaining about Bounty Hunters in 1v1. I tend to see more Mercs... maybe it's because of bad luck..?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
6/5/2011 13:44:12   
State Alchemist

HEY STAFF PLEASE LISTEN

(sorry for the caps, want your attention)

Why are there SO MANY threads made on mercs being OP'd...because it is TRUE!

I NEVER see a thread saying tech mage is OP'd

Once in a while maybe a BH OP'd thread.

But by the sheer volume and percent of Mercs are OP'd, I would think that you would see the statistical evidence as presented by a majority of the posters!
Post #: 85
6/5/2011 14:26:55   
ReconnaisX

yes this is really sad...

the thing is, bhs and mages need more dexterity/technology than mercs need support to reach high multi damages.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
6/5/2011 14:37:26   
goldslayer1

quote:

the thing is, bhs and mages need more dexterity/technology than mercs need support to reach high multi damages.

support is not a defense stat.
by spamming tech or dex ur also getting resistance.
and with BH if u have max bloodlust and max multi shot while spamming dex, it gives u alot of Hp regen. thats the main reasons why its weak.
imagine getting 30 hp returned to u after using the multi on the enemy every time?
u think its fair to damage both of ur opponent 40-50 damage each and getting hp returned to u? while tanking defense and getting higher block rate at the same time?

and everyone saying our attacks are "OP" we dont have any skills that can lower ur def/res
so our attacks have to be stronger to penetrate the enemy like they would when we get malfed/smoked

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/5/2011 14:44:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 87
6/5/2011 16:39:54   
altimatum

^ they need to rework multi's anyway

artillary overcompensates for no buffs, bh multi sounds a lot better how you describe it BUT it's damage is too low for that as of now. what's mage multi do?
Post #: 88
6/5/2011 16:52:00   
Sky Drifter

I lose alot lol

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
6/5/2011 20:30:51   
Luna_moonraider

Bh and mage multi need to improve the same way a merc arty improves. eg merc arty improve every 4 support points to improve mercs arty. bh multi should mprve the same way for every 4 dex point it improve by 1 dmg. same with the mages. this will at least buff the currently useless multies of tm and bh.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 6/5/2011 20:31:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
6/6/2011 1:48:29   
Lectrix

quote:

and everyone saying our attacks are "OP" we dont have any skills that can lower ur def/res
so our attacks have to be stronger to penetrate the enemy like they would when we get malfed/smoked

I've already mentioned this before: Mercs do the same amount of damage that Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters can do -- WITHOUT wasting a turn to apply Malfunction/Smoke Screen.

quote:

artillary overcompensates for no buffs

"Overcompensates"... I couldn't have said it better myself. And it seems that Artillery Strike isn't the only Skill that overcompensates. I can see why Bunker Buster ignores 20% defense, but the +25% chance to Crit? C'mon. That's just plain overpowered. And why should Mercs have only two Skills that requires a Club? That's completely unfair... just look at Tech Mages, with SIX Skills that have Staff requirements.

But while we're on the subject of Multi Skills, Artillery Strike clearly hasn't been Nerfed hard enough if nearly every Merc still uses it. On the other hand, how many Level 30+ Tech Mages/Bounty Hunters do you see using Plasma Rain/Multi-Shot? Doesn't that tell you something?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
6/6/2011 10:36:55   
Mr. Black OP

@above
i see a lot of mages with plasma rain
but they have it at lv 1 and have DA
Epic  Post #: 92
6/6/2011 10:43:29   
PumKing

@Lectrix It has occured to me in the last few days why the mercs dont have as many skills that rely on dex, and that would be becasue they would then spam dex, which i think you may have forgotten about in your, quite correct, detailed descritions of the merc class, just imagine if it was dex that gave artillary strike it's awsome added power, and coupled with the might of hybrid armor, that would probably harold the end of this game

and as a side note, i totally know where your coming from with the mercs in 1v1, bounty hunters used to have an edge with their str builds to spam hp str and a fully lvled smoke, but due to the recent lvling of the stat system (which was indeed sorely needed) has in effect lvled sta spamming and only heled to increase the effectiveness of the mercs defenses which were abnormally high to begin with, in short, mercs are beginning to dominate the 1v1 curcuit again, and this will only increase due to the stun gun if the devs ever come through on their long ago promise to make it so if you have higher support than your opponent you will be effected even less by there chances to stun you and if you have higher support than your opponent you have a greater chance to stun THEM, hopefully this will turn out to be a promise they fully intent not to keep instead of implementing it a year down the road (i.e. like they did with 2v1 battles)

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 93
6/6/2011 10:47:37   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

@Lectrix It has occured to me in the last few days why the mercs dont have as many skills that rely on dex, and that would be becasue they would then spam dex, which i think you may have forgotten about in your, quite correct, detailed descritions of the merc class, just imagine if it was dex that gave artillary strike it's awsome added power, and coupled with the might of hybrid armor, that would probably harold the end of this game
let me see, almost everyone has at least 1 energy wep so ya that wld actually nerf artillery IMO, now they wldnt be able to spam support and get an awesome heal
Epic  Post #: 94
6/6/2011 11:00:09   
coolemilio

i agree with u .. mercs are overpower.. we (mage and bounty)have to delete our main character or change it to merc b coz there to strong with 2 vs2 and 1 vs 1 pvp mode.. and people are starting to quit this game b coz merc build are too strong and it kind a annoying..
Post #: 95
6/6/2011 11:03:45   
Mr. Black OP

@above
yup i had to switch from mage to bh, and even with an awesome str build in 1v1 if i dont block at least once from a str merc im dead
Epic  Post #: 96
6/6/2011 13:07:11   
goldslayer1

quote:

I've already mentioned this before: Mercs do the same amount of damage that Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters can do -- WITHOUT wasting a turn to apply Malfunction/Smoke Screen.

u think we like not having smoke or malf?
with malf u reduce enemy robot damage, and res. with smoke u decrese their death, chances of blocking, and raise ur chances of blocking aswell.
IMO smoke and malf have more advantages.
and if u learn how to use either one right, u can confuse the enemy with it.
(like when mage uses def matrix when i smoke, simply change ur strategy and use it when they are low on health, so they are forced to heal and die later, or use def matrix and die anyway.)
same goes for mercs with intimidate or assault bot.
AQW Epic  Post #: 97
6/6/2011 13:13:46   
Light Stridr

quote:

u think we like not having smoke or malf?

u think we like not having hybrid armour?

Now, Hybrid is possibly one of the biggest game changers. It gives 12 defence without the need for energy consumption.
To be fair, the BH/TM could use their own shield (DM or ES), but that wastes a turn and allow the merc to build rage.

Reducing Dex has little to no effect on a sup merc, who will confine him/herself to using only unblockables. It is detrimental to the more extreme forms of str merc and the effectiveness of a 5 focus merc, but tanks mercs will sit there and continue laughing.
For Smokescreen, you already have AT LEAST TWO types of mercs which can easily counter it.

Malf is a little different.It reduces the bot damage, which affects tank mercs -no, wait, they'll continue laughing- and 5 focus mercs. The actual resist reduction will do nothing to stop str mercs and only hinder most decent supp mercs.
Again, AT LAST TWO THREE builds which counter malf.

And let's not forget Intimidate. This is a little less annoying in some ways, but can be used to as great effect as any of the other two debuffs.
Oh and Assault Bots, with their anti-debuff capability.

< Message edited by Light Stridr -- 6/6/2011 13:25:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 98
6/6/2011 13:25:26   
goldslayer1

@light
u cant raise ur hybrid above 12 tho.
u know what happens when a mage gets 99 support?
defense matrix gives u like 30 defense at lvl 1.
and for BH its worse because both reflex and shield can be increase by support.
so a BH with 99 support can easily get
25+ energy shield at lvl 1, and can make their reflex up to 40-50 at around lvl 5 and 50-60 at maxxed lvls.
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
6/6/2011 13:28:21   
Light Stridr

@gold:
3 words. Support merc rages.
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition