Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2011 22:00:22   
edwardvulture

@Letrix Thats a pretty good build. WHats your win ratio? maybe you can go support mage and use that dm
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 151
6/9/2011 1:30:25   
Drakadh

Its about strategy there not OP there just hard to beat, like my motto says: Theres always a lope hole in every build" You just need to find the lope hole! For example if he has Multi or Artillery , use EMP bomb or Issimination ( I forgot hows that spelled ) or use Defence matrix if your a tech mage! you just need to be open mined to every chance you get in takin him down. :) Every class are OP in there own ways ;) ( Woot! a new motto! )

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 152
6/9/2011 2:55:27   
Lectrix

My Win Ratio is just under 50%, mainly because of the first 28 Levels when I stubbornly refused to use a Malfunction Build. But it's been getting worse as of late. Mercs are usually the cause of my Loses, thought the huge Level differences in 2v2 hasn't been helping my cause either.

This is how I see it: Mercs can easily come up with a good 2v2 Build -- more easily than Tech Mages or Bounty Hunters. A Merc's 2v2 Build also tends to be a bit more effective than a Tech Mage's or Bounty Hunter's, especially if it involves Artillery Strike. Consequently, there are nearly as many Mercs in 2v2 as there are Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters combined (I'm not making this up; remember the numbers I showed you on Page 3?).

And so, I'm at a disadvantage in 2v2 because: 1. I'm forced to face countless Mercs in 2v2 (and most of them have Artillery Strike), and 2. I'm a Tech Mage, and I cannot come up a good 2v2 Build as easily as a Merc. This is true for most (if not all) Tech Mages (and Bounty Hunters)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
6/9/2011 4:50:22   
jegaggin

i shall miss defending mercs but now im going to quit. So goodbye for now or forever.
-Jomg

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
6/10/2011 2:44:18   
edwardvulture

@Lectrix Do you refuse to use a malf build because ur staff does 22 damage? Maybe its time you switch staffs/
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 155
6/10/2011 2:53:17   
BlueKatz

^ do u know how hard for a lv 28 non varium to buy some gears?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 156
6/10/2011 7:54:54   
Raizuken

Merc's are the weakest against an NPC in my opinion. BH's have bloodlust (the best for long battles) and TM's have reroute (a level 1 heal and some nice hp and you can go heal looping) Mercs have NOTHING. They can't beat george lowe with a high strength build a tanking build would be their only chance
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
6/10/2011 8:43:31   
Drakadh

BlueKatz@ No not really I am a non var Mage and I go along really well.

Try looking into the Wiki for Items , its a good place to start.

Like I said before the 3 classes has there own ways of being OP , Mages for Reroute ( Good for Healing alot ) Bounties for BloodLust ( Srsly epic stuff ) and for Merc, Hybrids ( Really good to counter malfs and smoke )

So I dont really see the point of merc being OP xD cuz they seem to be fairly balanced against other class considering the circumstances. :)

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 158
6/10/2011 9:34:59   
BlueKatz

*sigh*... you are high level. It's different...

Wth Mer care about Gear, they already get the stupidly OP club. And BH have no good items at all
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 159
6/10/2011 10:01:33   
PumKing

@amosgonzf indeed, george lowe is mush easier for merc because of hybrid armor, but lets not forget slayer, who is ALL physical attacks, a simple high str, dex, then the rest in hp and mp you are set, it is rediculously easy to defeat slayer as a merc, and I personally was never able to defeat either charfade or nightwraith before I had changed to a merc, the npcs that give you trophues are all rediculously easy to defeat once your a top lvl merc, comparitively for a mage it is a much more painstaking process to get all the right stats and weps

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 160
6/10/2011 10:04:45   
goldslayer1

mercs aren'r OP.
what is OP is 5 focus
u can have like the most stupidest build in ED as long as its 5 focus, u have a 90% winrate.
and it doesn't matter what class it is (BH seems more OP with 5 focus)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/10/2011 10:05:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 161
6/10/2011 10:19:29   
PumKing

@goldslayer, no one ontests to the 5-focus builds which for some reason became more prevalent AFTER it got nerfed as a build, as I have said before on 1v1, there of course is a better (I did not say a large) chance of beating a merc, the problem is in 2v2 when the mercs do 5-focus and put most of their enhancez on tech then imporve the bunker buster and then artillary or simply bot while they wait for either rage, heal, bot to cool down, or for their bunker to cool down an do it again

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 162
6/10/2011 14:56:38   
Mr. Black OP

@gold
as a str bh i actually find 5 focus merc harder then 5 focus bh
Epic  Post #: 163
6/10/2011 15:17:08   
goldslayer1

@zman
did those 5 focus BH have reflex boost with +50 dex?
and most 5 focus mercs i fought weren't much trouble, all u had to do was EMP them.
i carry enough energy for a smoke, EMP/cheapshot and a massacre.

so its build and strategy.
personally i dont see how u can defeat a 5 focus BH when he has a physical armor. with like 24-29 defense and then a reflext boost thats like +50 dex. then blocks all ur attacks except massacre.
AQW Epic  Post #: 164
6/10/2011 15:19:52   
Mr. Black OP

@above
u dont smoke till he reflexes, then when he does reflex, gun (if its energy, i use frostbolt blaster), smoke, then keep on striking till its gone and massacre
and because of stat diminishing a +50 reflex boost cld be +10-14 def and mercs are +12 so they are on par

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 6/10/2011 15:26:53 >
Epic  Post #: 165
6/10/2011 15:29:34   
goldslayer1

@zman
i know
i let him reflex blah blah blah. problem is
they dont reflex unless i smoke. or most of them.
i use this tactic to get mages aswell. mages always fall for it more tho because most have low dex and high support. so i just jeep striking till he uses def matrix.
then i gun. then smoke and wait till matrix is off so i can massacre and then he usually dead.
i also try to fit in a rage cheapshot in between since it helps alot.
but the 5 focus BH is a diff story

they dont reflex until u smoke.
and all they do is spam their bot and crit with atleast one of them and then aux.
thats one of the main things, crits have been out of control today.
i could hardly name a few matches where i didn't get critted atleast once (mostly twice by 5 focus bh)
and then some even said that they are use to critting str BH once or twice in the match.
idk if its just me, but something is seriously wrong with the crit rates. and blocks for that matter
seeing how i smoked people MANY times yet they manage to block once and some of them block twice.
AQW Epic  Post #: 166
6/10/2011 15:35:23   
Mr. Black OP

@above
well crits are all luck
and if they dont reflex they tend to right b4 ur massacre and if they dont hey well good for u
Epic  Post #: 167
6/10/2011 19:43:11   
Soldier 1124

If you want to discuss mercs in 2v2, i may have some answers for you. I made a chart about the people i faced in Juggernauts, out of twenty battles. The range of characters was 25-30. There were a total of 40 people. There were 17 mercs, 13 techs, and 10 bounties. Yes, there were more mercs than anything else, but techs were not far behind at all. 42.5% were mercs, 32.5% were mages, and 25% were bounties. We all know that there are more mercs in 2v2 than any other class, but mages were a close second. Also, some of the closest fights i fought were agaisnt mages, as they would max malf, and then max plasma. This, while not doing much over 30 damage, could easily do enough damage to kill me if i was not able to heal later. I couldnt just switch hybrid because 99% of bounties mercs and techs have at least one physical skill or weapon they good use. So even if there are more mercs, they are not overpowered unless you have the skill to make them overpowered, which evey class is capable of in their own way. (Tank mercs, support techs, strength/ 5 focus bounties, etc...)
Epic  Post #: 168
6/11/2011 0:47:15   
ambien

again oh my mercs lol they r not that tough wow bhs can rock mercs mages can rock mercs

remb you got to think 3 moves ahead in the game. mercs well they bunker blast u art strike and stun att. well a bh always will emp a merc if you play it right . mage wow they can rip a merc apart. malf is the ,mages best att vs a merc.

if u cannot beat a merc you are in trouble. it just blows me away when ppl cry this class is to strong and this class cannot do anything.

if a non varium mage can make all time you ppl should be able to kill mercs.

always the SyFy
Post #: 169
6/11/2011 0:49:53   
xxmirxx

quote:

mages can rock mercs

actually not true mages are weak against merc but not bounty.
AQ Epic  Post #: 170
6/11/2011 1:06:12   
helloguy

Stop whining and saying merces are OP no class is OP and mages can beat a merc of any other class or build I beat every NPC as a Mage and got the 1vs1 achievement as a Mage before the bunny armor with necro armor with a 95% ish with nearly 500 wins
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 171
6/11/2011 1:37:23   
edwardvulture

@Bluekatz : lol lectrix's mage(forgot name) is like level 32 or 33.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 172
6/11/2011 5:12:16   
m16dern warfare

guys the update is coming but remember, the str drain si the best skill ever. It reduces all malee auz and gun daamage output. on a non merc, u will die
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
6/11/2011 7:12:18   
Aegis Omega

mercs start with OP-like power coz they start with really bad def and resist (due to low dex and tech ) at lvl 1 and they only debuff strength so mercs have a harder time pawing people with weps but the Hybrid Armor is their only defensive skill compared to the other 2 classes that have freakishly higher defensive power and useful debuffs . it just really depends on build and items (i.e tech mages use pure energy attacks , no physical , so merc find them easy to counter ) . lastly , mercs focus on offensive abilities and the most powerful skills are mostly powered by tech so tech mages find them easier ( especially the support types ) and they have low base energy while bounty hunters block more often than them and survive long thanks to their Bloodlust skill.

so in other words , mercs are OP in offense but not defense .

@ Lectrix : try buffing ur Defense Matrix or ur dex

< Message edited by XxEDpwnerz!xX -- 6/11/2011 7:18:52 >
Epic  Post #: 174
6/11/2011 10:30:08   
ajs777

lol these threads humor me, if mercs are so OPd why arent you switched to one?
ok yes we have our perks but so do the other classes you just need to know how to use them, i see so many bounts and mages trying to be mercs and then get mad cuz mercs are still OPd, well yea because mercs are best at being mercs go be a bounty hunter or a tech mage

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition