Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2011 11:46:15   
Luna_moonraider

@Thylek Shran
not true my Non varium lvl 29(almost 30) str bh beat like a dosen lvl 33 full var str merc during power hour woohooo. str bh ftw. wll u r lvl 33 duh u have more stat than a lvl 30 and some str bh do not know how to play against a mage.

AQW Epic  Post #: 201
6/14/2011 12:31:02   
PumKing

@Luna_moonraider, I'm not surprised, str mercs are of the lowest class of TOP lvl mercs, they are known for their incredible str, and the deadly stun then bludgeon attack, HOWEVER, this is something easily deafeatable, for a bh, espacially with a smoke screen attk to lower their pitiful dexterity (which str mercs are known very well to have in order to do enough damage each turn due to the lack of debuffing attacks that lower either defense or resistence) which in effect lowers their own chance to hit, increases your chance to connect, and increases the damage your physical weps do, this is nothing special, and is why the str is on the downcline, I am quite sure that those mercs you defeated were players that had not logged on in a while and were unfamiliar with the latest stat debuffs, please, feel free to repost something like your above post again when you fefeat "like a dosen" 5-focus mercs, or support mercs, but I'm sure that won't happen, especially if you face a lvl 33 one at that

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 202
6/14/2011 14:18:54   
helloguy

You're just making asymptions the only way one could make a strength build is with very specific gear which is all rare

You get where I'm going in no way is it possible for some one to make a OP build without rare gear then pol bad mouth the entire class for one builD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 203
6/14/2011 14:26:44   
goldslayer1

@helloguy
to have the best str merc
u need founder, bunnyzooka, cyber shellilagh and boomstick.
only boomstick is the non rare one.
this build can go at 85% tops
AQW Epic  Post #: 204
6/14/2011 17:03:28   
Lectrix

quote:

feel free to repost something like your above post again when you fefeat "like a dosen" 5-focus mercs, or support mercs, but I'm sure that won't happen, especially if you face a lvl 33 one at that

I suppose it's *possible* for a Level 29 Bounty Hunter to defeat a Level 33 Support Merc. It would, however, require a tremendous amount of luck (and luck usually favors Support abusers).

But there is almost no way that a Level 33 5-Focus Tank Merc could be defeated by a Level 29 Bounty Hunter. I'm certain that it can't happen unless the Merc is afk.

5 Focus Tank Mercs are the real problem these days. 5 Focus Bounty Hunters have thier limits, but 5 Focus Tank Mercs can be nearly impossible to defeat.

Recently, I encountered a Level 33 5 Focus Tank Merc, and let me tell you: it was BRUTAL. He had about 90 Energy, and about 33-40 Resistance. With a Max Surgical Strike, not even Rage could stop him.

Could a 5 Focus Bounty Hunter create an equally powerful Build? No. Blocks are one thing, but a Build capable of insane Defense/Resistance AND powerful attacks is a completely different story. 5 Focus Tank Mercs are the true definition of "overpowered".
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
6/14/2011 17:26:55   
goldslayer1

@lectrix
i guess u dont use their rage against them.
as a str BH i have my energy set up well for different type of situations.
for example if i fight a 5 focus tank merc.
i dont massacre, its a complete waste.
what i do is
i smoke, strike strike, rage, smoke, strike, strike, rage cheapshot, smoke, strike, rage
and let me tell u it works well.

quote:

Could a 5 Focus Bounty Hunter create an equally powerful Build? No. Blocks are one thing, but a Build capable of insane Defense/Resistance AND powerful attacks is a completely different story. 5 Focus Tank Mercs are the true definition of "overpowered".

like i said 5 focus BH with its stat focus only on defense and its deadly than merc.
go ahead and get a 5 focus BH with 106 dex, and energy armor bunny borg.
that thing can tank and block with max shadow arts.
u wont be hidding 3s. but more like 10-15
but tell me, if u hit a 15 and he hits u back and regains 10 hp with bloodlust. are u really hitting 15?
AQW Epic  Post #: 206
6/14/2011 18:48:46   
PumKing

@helloguy, dude, ftw, when did I ever metion any gear specific requirerments, let alone rare ones. I did however IMPLY that a bh should have a physical wep for striking an opponent period, because it becomes most effective after using smoke-screen due to the opponents lowered def, but an energy wep can due just as well i suppose because when it comes down to it, you want to use smoke-screen so that a srt merc will have less of a chance to connect it's hits on you

Sig removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 6/16/2011 14:10:47 >
Epic  Post #: 207
6/14/2011 19:25:37   
IsaiahtheMage

@To Comments about Support Mages Yeah but Mercs are still Oped thats just one build that can be effective but still doesnt compeat with a Support Merc.
AQW Epic  Post #: 208
6/15/2011 17:41:08   
Lectrix

quote:

i guess u dont use their rage against them.

It's funny how Mercs, the Class that's best suited for Tank Builds, also have the only Skill that cuts your Rage Meter in Half. I also find it amusing that they have the most Defense/Resistance ignoring Skills, to combat Tank Builds.

quote:

u wont be hidding 3s. but more like 10-15
but tell me, if u hit a 15 and he hits u back and regains 10 hp with bloodlust. are u really hitting 15?

You'd need to do over 40 Damage with a Max Blood Lust to regain 10 HP. And I doubt that a Bounty Hunter can do over 40 Damage against a 5 Focus Tank Merc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 209
6/15/2011 17:53:29   
goldslayer1

quote:

It's funny how Mercs, the Class that's best suited for Tank Builds, also have the only Skill that cuts your Rage Meter in Half. I also find it amusing that they have the most Defense/Resistance ignoring Skills, to combat Tank Builds.

not all of them can use it.
if i see that their energy is key. then i EMP them.

quote:

You'd need to do over 40 Damage with a Max Blood Lust to regain 10 HP. And I doubt that a Bounty Hunter can do over 40 Damage against a 5 Focus Tank Merc.

well since they crit atleast once for me with the robot in every match its about 50 damage. on crits.
and i used it in 10 fights in a row. and in all of them i critted with the robot. whether it was a 1st turn crit or a late crit.
AQW Epic  Post #: 210
6/16/2011 1:47:39   
Xxbbooxx

You say Mercs are over powered, my Merc is 129 Strength with 36-41 Defense max stun and level 2 berserker. although i am this high, i have Max Hybrid and a Physical Armor, leaving me with 48 dex, i have alot of trouble with Bounty Hunters, they have Max Shadow Arts, a good Reflex Boost, high dex and Smokescreen, all these things make me lose. -.-
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 211
6/16/2011 2:07:21   
Silver Sky Magician

^

It's because you have 48 dex. Normal Strength mercs have at least 66 dex to avoid getting blocked.
Post #: 212
6/16/2011 13:12:05   
PumKing

@Xxbbooxx str mercs are on the decline because they are known to have such bad res and/or def, only those who have founder armor can perfectly pull it off, otherwise, you will always have a good chance that you will face defeat

@the topic of this forum

wow, I am rather astonished at this, this post has gone over for 8 pages already, if this doesn't get the devs to either buff the other classes, or debuff the mercs to make them a fairer class to fight against, I don't believe anything will. I personally think that one of the best ways to nerf the mercs is to simply give them more wepon requirements to more of their skills, it's worked wonders on squashing the mage class as a whole, but of course the devs shouldn't go that far as to cripple the mercss like that, it would be rather cruel

Sig removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 6/16/2011 14:11:11 >
Epic  Post #: 213
6/16/2011 13:16:37   
goldslayer1

quote:

str mercs are on the decline because they are known to have such bad res and/or def, only those who have founder armor can perfectly pull it off, otherwise, you will always have a good chance that you will face defeat

and bunnyzooka
they need an aux with good str modifiers. eggzooka has tech requirement.
beta aux can work sometimes. but bunnyzooka still better.

founder, bunnyzooka, boomstick, and cyber shellilagh is the only type of str merc that can achieve 85% if they are lucky.
AQW Epic  Post #: 214
6/16/2011 17:32:53   
PumKing

Indeed, but I only said founder armor, because if you dont have that, then you should just stop there. However, I have also faced one particularly visious str build which use and energy stun gun instead
Epic  Post #: 215
6/16/2011 20:22:10   
goldslayer1

@pum king
some can still use str merc at 80% tops with warbot energy.
altho they need really good builds.
and by good i dont mean the average mindless max maul lvl 1 zerk.
AQW Epic  Post #: 216
6/19/2011 7:53:14   
Aegis Omega

quote:

Mercs can have amazing offense AND defense. They can tank to the point where only Rage or a Crit will damage them properly. And they can still maintain their amazing offensive capabilities while tanking

But not in Juggernaut Mode . Pairing Tech Mage and Bounty Hunters against a Mercenary is a total pain to the merc , since mage debuffs and bh drains more energy .

Malf weakens Bot damage , while EMP then lessens winning chance ( seriously EMP is one waaay to useful skill like Reroute and Assimilation )

< Message edited by XxEDpwnerz!xX -- 6/19/2011 7:59:50 >
Epic  Post #: 217
6/19/2011 17:14:57   
PumKing

@XxEDpwnerz!xX

1st-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

2nd- indeed, however, when was the last time that ever happend, not just to you, but anyone, I'm sure that it CAN technically happen, but due to the fact that even the most incompetant merc will have full bunker and/or artillary, which has led to there owning of the 2v2 realm of this game, the chances are so slim of someone actually facing that combo are slim to none, and don't try to get everyones sympathy by preying on the less inteligent, and here is why no one should ever feel srry for a merc who faces this combo,

--because a merc in jugg mode will have BOTH bunker and artillary on max to make sure that max damage is done to both opponents and once the smoke and malf are done, even if they both went first, the merc will still have the hybrid armor to block the smokes major losses, and the COMPETANT merc will also be fine against malf because, due to hybrid, and will thus spam tech because dex wil be fine, so then both will be slightly negated and not as bad as it would be against either a bh or mage, and let us not forget that at this point in the game the merc will then bunker and art, and because the 2 person team will want to kill the merc quickly, they wont heal from the first attck(bunker) and so will be killed on the mercs second turn due to artillary, and in perfect lucky conditions the merc will kill the other due to a crit strike, and will not have to go for more than 5 turns because by then even if one of the opponents gets lucky for 2 turns after the artillary strike, the merc will just rage them into submission
Epic  Post #: 218
6/19/2011 18:45:47   
goldslayer1

INJUSTICE 5 FOCUS BH IS OP.

i lost to like the last 15 5 focus BH i seen.

EDIT:
make that last 18 now.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/19/2011 19:19:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 219
6/19/2011 19:22:21   
Lectrix

quote:

I still think Mercs have the advantage over the other Classes. They may not have the most power, but they certainly have the most freedom and variety. With only two Club Requirements and 3 very good Builds that utilize different Skills (Strength, Support, and 5 Focus Tech/Tank), Mercs make up the majority of high level 2v2 Players. Tech Mages and Bounty Hunters can create Builds as powerful as Merc Builds, but Mercs have it the easiest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
6/19/2011 19:27:51   
goldslayer1

well u guys wont believe this one.
i was fighting a non varium BH using a 5 focus build with no robot.
at first i was like EPIC FAIL.
but then i smoked him.
he blocked it.
he also blocked the next 2 strikes
the mass didn't kill him.
he deflected the gun rage.
deflect the aux
block the next 3 strike
critted me
then blocked the next 2 strikes

and critted me again and killed me.
the dude had an epic fail build. his stats were crap
and he won. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
u know how much dex he had? 58
u know how much i had? 86. i smoked him and he had 26 left and blocked me twice with 26 dex.
u know how much support he had?? 52
i had 36.

Edited: No hacking accusations. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 6/19/2011 19:40:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 221
6/19/2011 19:41:24   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

This thread is pretty close to 10 pages, so I'm locking this up.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 222
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: INJUSTICE! (In other words, Mercs are Overpowered)
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition