Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What was like before class change.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What was like before class change.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2011 23:53:21   
xxmirxx

For me I found game more balance and more enjoyable and also less dumb balance updates. but what about you guys did you have more fun or just stress as now.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
6/13/2011 0:25:30   
charwelly

found it funner with out class change we don't need it

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/13/2011 0:39:09   
BlueKatz

I think it's stupid, if you want to play other classes, just make a new char, it's not like you can't ever get good rare again. Plus, rare get older and older
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/13/2011 15:23:15   
Wraith

^If I made a new account, I need to buy every promo since Halloween again.

I have Halloween zookas, eggzookas, fb, ab, cc, and stun guns. Im not getting all that again.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/13/2011 15:26:26   
Agiluz

When there was no class change all of us tried to figure out to make a counter build for an OP build which is very fun back then. But when class change came out players just change who think which class OP.

Rogue Ninja
Post #: 5
6/13/2011 15:34:11   
goldslayer1

i change class if im bored with one.
i also like to make builds for every class i have.
i try to make builds for other classes when a new item comes out to see what it would look like if i switch to the class.

so IMO class changing is a good feature
should cost a little less tho. that way i can do it more often.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/13/2011 16:21:12   
Nebula

Before class change, beta players complained for class change.
After class change, gamma players complaiend for class change to be taken away.

@Blue The thing is, having three characters is very expensive. I mean, imagine having to get 3 sets of armours, 3 sets of every promotion and paying for enhancements. Class change is good for the game, considering how overpriced everything is.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 6/13/2011 16:22:02 >
Post #: 7
6/13/2011 16:34:30   
xxmirxx

actually 2vs2 type players weren't asking for it and use to be full time 2vs2 player. If wasn't for class change mages would still have healing loop builts and we wouldn't have stat requirements. community would be so much more happier and much less complaining.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
6/13/2011 16:42:46   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

There have always been balance issues. You can't honestly say that there was more balance before class change was added than now. First Mercenaries had very successful Field Commander + Berzerker strength builds that were as quick as today's Strength builds and had 95% win rates easily. Then came heal looping that let Tech Mages dominate for several months.

Balancing is like a tightrope act and it's never been perfect. Class change just lets players flock to the popular (or overpowered) builds where before they had to come up with a way to counter these builds. It doesn't cause the imbalances, it just makes them more obvious as the population shifts classes.

Me personally, I like the feature for what it is - an opportunity to try out another class when I get bored without having to make a new character.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/13/2011 16:53:55   
xxmirxx

ashri back then Berzerker had more of chance of blocks. I notice journey gamm stage there more of chance of hit. personaly only change was need is massacre getting blocks and deflection. It seems and Berzerker have same as more of blocks. But game was very balance and I can I honest say that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
6/14/2011 1:05:05   
Bunshichi

Sure their were Op'ed builds but no one could flock to a class like they do now.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/14/2011 1:51:33   
DillBagel

We honestly need the old forum to show new people the conversations. Class change was the number one requested item for over half a year, so you can't just say the nobody wants it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/14/2011 2:05:14   
xxmirxx

I never said nobody wants it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/14/2011 11:21:54   
Sparticus

Whoooah there. Class change was never the most requested feature ever ever ever.

There was a small but vocal minority that pushed for that feature, they were super aggressive about posting and that made it look like everyone wanted it but if you checked the names of the posters you would have found the total number posting for this feature was relatively small.

The main reason the feature was enacted was as a revenue generator. Allowing class changes at the same time class nerfing/skill nerfing began in earnest was no coincidence. It drove players to spend varium, class change to what they perceived was the oped class until it became nerfed and then just class changed again to the next OPed class. Need proof? Look at the leaderboard and remember how most of the top players moved from class to class as the class became OPed. (with the notable exception of my dear Fay Beee who, like me, is a BH forever)

If this was just a feature to add fun to the game, it would have been priced in credits and be affordable. All premium features cost varium to enhance revenues. No one can deny that.

As to the OP: Before class change, players were proud of their class, tried harder to make interesting new builds for their class and things were much less confusing. Add name changes and you can't tell who is who or what they are any more. Next thing you know gender changes will be released and we will have big male mercs running around with the name hot kitty or female BH's named BOB.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/14/2011 11:37:02   
Luna_moonraider

well actual some did request it a bunch of times until the devs felt fed up and made it in game *cough* ANGELS *cough*. I always hated and always will hate class change. it is a unfair system. it is like money= u r oped ingame. also hate class hoppers and class hopper spoil the game. wish there were no class change at all class chnge distroyed the creativity of all classes. it is good to be stuck in 1 class because u will adept and find a build to beat the oped class/build instead of taking the easy way out and hop into the oped class.

AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/14/2011 11:43:44   
Calogero

it was cheaper before class changes
I found myself jumping from class to class ever since it got released oO

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/14/2011 15:01:34   
xxmirxx

actually guys did you know that class change was first introduced in dragonfable. SparticusFay beee did change class to mage but only for achieve and she did 3 wins.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
6/16/2011 0:23:17   
endtime

It would be awesome if it did not cost as much. But I do see the point of class changes having a high cost. If the prices were too low, then there would be a mass exodus into the currently strongest class of the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/16/2011 0:26:32   
edwardvulture

More builds. Much more diverse.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
6/16/2011 0:29:01   
xxmirxx

But before class change we would rotate every two months and that was fair and very much enjoyable. But now over power class would last 6 months or high. Which in long run your lossing long term players like myself and many others. I just blame class hopper.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
6/16/2011 0:38:12   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Was wayyyyyy better lol before I could go all day every day and never lose a single 1v1 or 2v2 thanks to Valentines day 2010 lol older players know the epic reasons behind that :) Nowaday no matter how high your support is you get constantly criticalled and deflected then peeps turn around and stun you on top of it lol they made it balanced alright now any kid just clicking the screen can luck out and win the match regardless of skill or strategy :) Just moved from one extreme to the next.....IMO Gamma almost completely ruined the game and hopefully Delta brings back some strategy and thinking for yourself.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What was like before class change.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition