Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/17/2011 19:38:50   
edwardvulture

Is the class change as a rite of passage as in a series of quests still open?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 101
6/17/2011 19:39:08   
Sparticus

TLM has some great meanings already: TLM WIKI

My personal favorite is The Leprosy Mission LOL
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
6/17/2011 20:45:09   
Xendran

Bounty, Merc, Mage, Cyber, Tact, Blood.
Simple enough.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 103
6/17/2011 21:11:35   
Sparticus

NA, I don't like bounty. I'm a Bounty Hunter. Say it, know it, remember it!

Despite what Juliet says, the name is everything.

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet;"

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 6/17/2011 21:12:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 104
6/17/2011 21:38:55   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Spart- was that for my benefit? (I played Lady Capulet back in the day)

Thing is, right now there's only so much I'm authorized to say. Part of that is because Titan isn't decided yet, part has to do with what's actually finished. I'll give you the information as it becomes available to me.

-Cinderella
Post #: 105
6/18/2011 2:57:06   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Also, don't complain that it's taking a while - what you have been told isn't all of the release - people are taking what's put in the DN's way to literally, it can and will be added to - but as they've found, they can't promise anything because if they can't get it ready in time, a lot of the players just take it as a chance to moan.
The problem is, all a lot of you here seem to do is make presumptions about how the developers are thinking - Now I know that if you really did know, you'd see how hard they work, and how much they really think about the players.
In a PvP game it's impossible to have complete balance, it's also hard to help everyone when not many give the ideas they want - I mean look at it this way: Almost all the releases do involve one thing that has been player suggested at one point in ED History (That's pretty much a fact, of course there are one or two exceptions though), a lot of people who sit here moaning are the ones who are giving no support what so ever in the way of how to make the game. All we get is 'it ain't fair got to wait 3 weks', I mean is it really worth posting that? What personal gain do you get out of it? Because it's not going to make anything speed up - and it's just going to get on those who actually understand how hard it is, and how much NW, Titan and Char work, it's getting on those peoples nerves.
I don't want to sound rude - but what I mean is if you really don't like what is happening, go to the suggestions section and post something!!! I know for a fact that Cindy visits there quite often to search for new things that could be used. If you want something to happen, post there - it helps a lot more than 'dont lik this at all not fair, i haz to be patient :(' because seriously what benefit are we getting from that? Are you getting anything out of it? Do you feel the release will suddenly move to the nearest Friday?
The date is set for a reason, not because the Devs don't care, it's because that's the date they can hopefully get everything ready by, and they will try by all means possible to do that!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
6/18/2011 3:54:45   
endtime

quote:

All we get is 'it ain't fair got to wait 3 weks', I mean is it really worth posting that? What personal gain do you get out of it? Because it's not going to make anything speed up

This is untrue because complaining does influence and motivate. For example, children griping to their parents about wanting to do something will definitely influence parents to follow or at least compromise with the children's wishes. The public scrutinizing every little mistake of authorities and corporations make such figures of power afraid to make mistakes. Complaining can make a difference. However, at this point, June 28 is definitely a fair date. Three weeks to establish three new classes and a new phase seems mostly reasonable. The issue will come when an encore of Gamma's debut occurs, meaning a long period of no updates and a passed deadline. Passing deadlines and postponing released promises are not professional.

quote:

The problem is, all a lot of you here seem to do is make presumptions about how the developers are thinking - Now I know that if you really did know, you'd see how hard they work, and how much they really think about the players.

This is a hackneyed phrase that I truly loathe. I realize the developers work hard, however programming this game is their job. People are expected and required to put as much effort as possible into their jobs. In a normal company, anything less would result in a dismissal. Players should not be discouraged to encourage the developers to work as hard as possible. This motivation is critical because the players are game developers' best supervisors.
AQW Epic  Post #: 107
6/18/2011 5:04:43   
Master Volcon

im looking forward to the new hair styles :3

Perhaps the "permanently buy a hair style" feature will come with Delta?

AQW Epic  Post #: 108
6/18/2011 5:38:43   
Lycus

@Endtime: I think you've missed my point - Though not directly stated, what I'm saying is that criticism can be ok, but not in the form so many people are putting it in... It's not motivational at all to just have people say 'this game sux' with no reasons, or anyway to make it better. If people want to criticise - a motivational way of doing so is by saying 'I like this update, but I feel it could be improved by __________ and __________' even if you the update isn't your cup of tea - that is constructive criticism. It is put in a way that it'll be read, and they WILL listen, and be motivated to do what is stated if it's a good suggestion, because they are getting a positive and negative together, which makes things a lot more neutral and a much better way to state things.
At the moment people just say 'we want weapons, we want this and that', but the suggestions have had no thought put in to them, and are so vague. The Devs listen, give new weapons, and then get complaints that they are not what was wanted - I mean specify what you want in the first place, weapons were given as asked for, but if players don't specify what they want, then they won't get it. A good example of all this is people asked for more/another Physical Staff/s, this was granted.
Another thing, and the last thing I'm saying on this, is that if you start a post negatively and it's a long post, nobody is going to want to read it. I'm just giving advice on how to state things in a way that will get you listened to more.
The other thing is, yes, they are payed for making this game it is their job - That makes no differance what so ever to the point I made. When I talk to Titan he's always saying what suggestions he's read and looking for new ways to expand the game for you. I also know they do find it quite upsetting after they've worked incredibly hard on updates, and many people just post comments that aren't motivational, aren't constructive and generally just do not help at all - after I read through quite a few a few updates back, the term 'life crushingly depressing' sprung to mind, because they were more insults than criticism, and that's the point I'm trying to make. Using insults to get your points across will NOT work!

^^^Master Volcon's post is a good example :) Starts off with a positive then ends with a question (That also could be viewed as a suggestion) :D

< Message edited by Rainaka -- 6/18/2011 6:08:06 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
6/18/2011 7:53:02   
Xendran

I would understand being shouted at if i constantly made mistakes.
It is the general consensus that this is the current situation, which is attempting to be rectified.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 110
6/18/2011 12:06:12   
Tiago X

So, I'll try to do this the nice way then.
I CANNOT wait for the new classes. *insert really happy face here*
How will we be able to "upgrade" our base classes to them? May we get a answer as soon as it is decided? Thank you so much! :D
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
6/18/2011 13:03:26   
Celestine
Constructive!

While I support good criticism, I don't agree it has to be positive. Posting a negative criticism does not put it into the category of flames, depending on how you have chosen your words.
I agree with Rainaka, but not with his example of good criticism. It doesn't have to be all rainbows and smiles when an update comes that you completely dislike.

If you are not happy, let it be shown. Do not post "Well I liked the new graphics, BUT..." because let's be honest, you don't care about the graphics.
You want EpicDuel to hear you out so post an honest criticism, that does not mean post "This game sucks!"

Any type of criticism should motivate the developers, not just the positive ones. Negative posts will get read if you word them right and have strong supporting facts.
Nothing will ever be to everyone's liking, so don't post how you are expected to post, post how you truly feel.

Have a good day.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 112
6/18/2011 13:08:47   
frogbones
Banned

Don't forget:

The only good changes to the game were made because us "trollers," "flamers," and malcontents complained so much. The devs wouldn't have done squat if it weren't for us "whiners." Every one of you should be thanking us.

Being nice is nice and all, but pleasantries didn't motivate them to fix their mistakes.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
6/18/2011 13:25:15   
Angels Holocaust

Lying to the Devs and telling them that there doing a good job is certainly not going to improve this game. We can't just sit idly by as we watch our money go to waste on a game that isn't progressing too much. Titan and Nightwraith knew full well what they were getting into when making this game. There will be times where the people will support them and there will also be times where the people are against what they are doing.
Post #: 114
6/18/2011 15:45:29   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I agree, we do read complaints, and it's not necessary to list something you do like. We just ask that when you complain, you be specific. I HATE IT, IT SUCCKs YOU'RE ALL DUMB AND GREEDY! does nothing to further your cause.

@Tiago- we honestly have not decided yet. We've gone through so many ideas, it's not even funny.
Post #: 115
6/18/2011 17:02:27   
beastmo

It doesnt look "pretty awesome" looks like another fail update
Epic  Post #: 116
6/18/2011 17:04:36   
The Joker X

Hows about the new varium pricing that Wiseman came up with, Cindy?
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
6/18/2011 17:10:47   
beastmo

^ i forgot all about that
Epic  Post #: 118
6/18/2011 18:00:00   
charwelly

This looks like a great realse

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
6/18/2011 18:09:15   
skeletondude

ok so i cudn't but notice tht the new blood mage was holding a staff which looked a bit small and it jus hit me cud it be a new battle staff for mages lyk a new battle mage
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
6/18/2011 18:15:57   
StriderAigis

thats not the blood mage its the impereal mage an enemy or armor, or both
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 121
6/18/2011 18:16:39   
Deimos...

Actually skeleton dude, The imperial tech mage is actually holding a staff called "Imperial Staff". Imperial Staff A low level varium staff.

Information got from Epic Duel Wiki

Iamawesome

< Message edited by Deimos... -- 6/18/2011 18:17:30 >
Epic  Post #: 122
6/18/2011 18:17:24   
skeletondude

@above ohh ok thnx i must hav mistaken then
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
6/18/2011 19:24:42   
Lycus

@Celestine: :P That was just an example, there are thousands of ways in which constructive criticism can be put in a good, respectful manor! I'm just saying if you post something good first, it does make you think twice 'was this really as bad as I'm making it out to be....', but of course it doesn't have to be all smiles etc. just put in a very respeectful manor, that is constructive :)
@FrogBones: You have it completely wrong there. Completely. The whiners, flamers and trollers will be pretty much ignored, they will be read, but the ideas presented aren't looked positively on. You may think it was you guys who got all these things done, and now you even have the nerve to frame these people as 'heros' since they got all these things fixed.
Sorry, but if that's the way you think it is, you need to go back to the forum rules, read them word for word, then read all the update topics and all the flaming and trolling - you will see just how wrong your current thoughts are. If you want something changing or if you're not happy with something, you put it in a way I, Cinderella and Celestine stated above. Let's be honest if I tried to read through a topic full of flamers, trolls, and general insultive posts, I think I'd throw my laptop out the window, then run over it a few times! On the other side of things, a topic full of nicely stated suggestions, and opinions, I would enjoy and acknowledge what I read.
The people who got any changes for the better implemented were probably the few who stated it in a polite manor, so they are who deserve to be thanked, because they are the real 'heros' of this scenario. Glad I've got that message across. :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
6/18/2011 19:40:16   
Bu Kek Siansu

Hm, this is my truly feel. I'm still proud of you how you put your words into your posts, Celestine! :)

Have a nice day, :D

~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 6/18/2011 19:41:47 >
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition