Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Should class change go free?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Should class change go free?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2011 20:27:25   
xxmirxx

I mean non varium classes should change too. But if you want the achieve it still cost you 1500 varium. If so go fre how much should cost and should there be tokens feed to. I just feel its now good time to make free for public sine we have war kills and enhancement. Its not like there going lose money in fact hey would make because you would want to buy varium once you change.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
6/16/2011 20:30:27   
goldslayer1

@mir
i dont think they will make it free.
however with the varium we get they should lower the price to 500 varium. or give us more varium for our packages.
which was suggested by wiseman.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/16/2011 20:32:56   
DeathGuard

quote:

I got an idea, when you release the new classes, you can give the class change free to everyone who buys a varium package. Is fair :D.
This is what I suggested and for nonvariums, 5k credits is enough. Is fair :).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/16/2011 20:34:43   
The Ghost King

I dont think they should make it free also. But, maybe after you change
to a specific class you could go back to the class that you were originally.

< Message edited by The Ghost King -- 6/16/2011 20:36:03 >
Post #: 4
6/16/2011 21:16:24   
AQWPlayer

I got an idea! Why not make it available by paying with just credits but usable every now and then?
Example: You change class for 5k credits, then you can't change class for a month unless you pay varium to change class.
AQW  Post #: 5
6/16/2011 21:24:53   
xxmirxx

quote:

I got an idea! Why not make it available by paying with just credits but usable every now and then? Example: You change class for 5k credits, then you can't change class for a month unless you pay varium to change class.

thats what basically mean by free this future would be better because at least if you want change you don't have to buy varium evey time and it would cut complaining about class jumpers and I know for myself I would greatly be happy to change to merc on mage and I can finally try win 2vs2 again but on xxmirxx.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
6/16/2011 21:32:57   
AQWPlayer

quote:

thats what basically mean by free this future would be better because at least if you want change you don't have to buy varium evey time and it would cut complaining about class jumpers and I know for myself I would greatly be happy to change to merc on mage and I can finally try win 2vs2 again but on xxmirxx.

Well you never mentioned the time interval :P
AQW  Post #: 7
6/16/2011 21:36:11   
Epic Pwnser

I think class change, in the the perfect utopian world, should go free.
However, the devs' argument would be that it would anger the variums who already class changed. And even if they made class change free, they would have to refund all the varium back, which would mean a total disruption.
Solution:
Make the current classes free, but make the classes that are coming out for delta cost varium, that way it evens out a bit.

Off-topic, but still on-topic in connection: Plus, the war kills were one of the worst features ever implemented. I think war kills will go down in ED history as one of the worst updates in terms of the player's benefit. All this feature does it waste your money like water, liquid gold, pouring down your sink.
Connecting this to class change, maybe making class change not cost varium for the start of delta phase may even out the tensions and create a positive feeling throughout the game and forums.

Epic  Post #: 8
6/16/2011 21:45:56   
xxmirxx

Epic Pwnser but would you rather keep paying varium for class change or go free. If you pay on credits you do not receive the badge. but I like I said eventually complaining would stop and more would want to buy varium. Yes more want refund just like founders and look got them nothing and stop ask for refund.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/16/2011 21:54:23   
Hun Kingq

I hope you guys know that what they are doing is not cheap, the staff has to get paid. With Delta they probably have to add hard drives to the servers or a brand new server itself either way your looking at 5,000 to 100,000 dollars depending what they want with the server. In the IT world things are not cheap especially if you want quality. Also think about the eletric bill running the servers 24/7. On top of everything else they have taxes they have to pay nd they are not cheap.

If you went to a person house and did a lot of work should you get paid with a handshake and a coke or should you get paid cash for all the hardwork you did, the staff have bills they have to pay, and companies don't take IOU's in exchange of payment for the bills.

So the ones asking for free things all the time ask you parents how much is the electric bill every month then multiple that times 100 or 1000 for running epic duel because servers has to stay cool or they will burn out. Take some business classes, look up costs for servers, routers, switches, laptops, workstations, that is just a short list of equipment they have.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/16/2011 21:57:56   
AQWPlayer

^
They should make class change free and then make something else that generates money
Example: Membership as in AQW
AQW  Post #: 11
6/16/2011 22:21:42   
Hun Kingq

What they should do is post the equipment and operating cost so people will see that it is not cheap. Asking people pay a membership fee will get less new players and to start charging a membership fee will be unfair to them and the people that are already playing whom spent money on getting varium. When sponsors don't credit players with points after completing the tasks and providing proof that it is done it ticks me off because not only the player gets screwed out of points but ED gets scred out of AD revenue.

They should have the tramnsfer of Atrix points to varium starting at a lower amount than 1000.
Epic  Post #: 12
6/16/2011 22:30:32   
xxmirxx

Hun Kingq incase have you for gotten AE owns ED and there rights. Really doesn't cost as much you say. with enhancement and war kills it now covers price of class change. I pay 166.15 on hydro and thats not mentioning gas money as well and my rent.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/16/2011 22:41:02   
Xx. Christian .xX

no but they can make to credits ranging from 5k-15k
Post #: 14
6/16/2011 22:49:52   
Hun Kingq

xxmirxx, I have not forgotten but ED still have to pay for their own equipment costs after getting approval from AE, if they are running T3 lines then that at least 4500 dollars per month. You may think it does not cost that much but I could assure you it is a high cost operation. Just in case power gets knocked out by a storm they have to have a backup generator and a commercial grade costs $150,000 dollars.
Epic  Post #: 15
6/16/2011 22:52:01   
Xx. Christian .xX

about the 4500 a month, they can do that cuz alot of f2p players are going p2p
Post #: 16
6/16/2011 22:57:36   
xxmirxx

Your just over exaggerating price trust me. beside your for getting other AE games they cover all cost. Since this is successful business the government cover there cost as well. Your basically comparing this to ps3. I am sorry but your very wrong about price.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
6/16/2011 23:06:42   
Mr. Black OP

make class change 1250 varium (so ppl can change class with smallest varium package) and a credit price of 75k, anyone who switched b4 gets free class changes (t compensate for the lower cost) also make the achievement go rare
so ppl who changed before win, nv win, and varium players win :D
Epic  Post #: 18
6/16/2011 23:33:03   
Hun Kingq

xxmirxx, PS3 is cheap compared to what they have to pay, you may think I am over exaggerating the cost trust me I am not, I know too much about the cost of different equipment.

reyes 89, that is just the starting rate for T3 lines.

Lowering the amount of varium it costs for class change is a better idea and maybe the first week make it a special 50% reduction so it would be 750 varium the first week, 4th of July advanced sale. Then after that it ges back up.
Epic  Post #: 19
6/16/2011 23:35:53   
edwardvulture

NO! the new classes should be called class evolutions and be available by a chain of quests. The devs are doing this so wrong.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
6/16/2011 23:40:10   
xxmirxx

Hung kingq I just pm devs on this we see who right and wrong. hung kingq if you know so much whats name of your games site or company.
quote:

NO! the new classes should be called class evolutions and be available by a chain of quests. The devs are doing this so wrong.
your off topic I am not even talk about that and not true that we all want quest I for one rather pay.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 6/16/2011 23:46:30 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
6/17/2011 0:14:22   
PenyihiR

Hmm..,
Change class For free or not..,
Thats Still hard for non varium.,
Cz Non varium must buy a new wep n armor again when changing class only with credits.(Thats hard except if u Sell all of Ur item)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/17/2011 0:34:58   
BlueKatz

There's in fact nothing wrong about this beside ED staff will lose a big amount of money and some people complain

I do like the idea of spending like 25000 Credit for class change though. That's a lot of money, which also mean u can't change class just because u are so weak
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/17/2011 0:41:12   
Angels Holocaust

Free stuff, I don't think so. Class change has racked in a lot of money for this game. There's no way that they would give it away for free.
Post #: 24
6/17/2011 1:37:24   
xxmirxx

Its not completely free you still need varium if you want to better. but at least whinners say one class over powering.
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Should class change go free?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition