Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Armor of Awe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> [Equipment Comparison] >> Equipment Comparison >> =AQ= Armor of Awe
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2011 21:17:38   
Ello

Armor of Awe

HERE (info submission thanks to Dev)

This is the thread in which to discuss comparisons between the new items and others. Unlike guide-like threads created via Comparison Posting you are not required to lay out comparisons in a formal manner in here. But remember - because you'll have read the forum rules of course - do not ask questions here like "what's best for me" / "which is the better weapon" - this is not a Question & Answer forum. Nor is it a general game discussion forum. Only post if you have something useful and relevant to add / discuss.

Threads created via the Comparison Posting forum (which then get moved to this Equipment Comparison forum once approved) normally remain on a permanent basis, whereas this =AQ= one is likely to be allowed to expire.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/16/2011 21:19:10   
Dreiko Shadrack

Having immense amounts of fun with this armor also it means I finally have a wind armor I can actually use...too bad I missed out on horsefly, I'd turn the AoA into Fire elementized.
I will still be able to do this later on but it will no longer be free. :p

also if i'm doing these calcs correctly the AoA has 444% B/R with 868% S and 16 BTH for players at current level cap.

< Message edited by Dreiko Shadrack -- 6/16/2011 21:48:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/16/2011 23:00:35   
Nex del Vida

I'm getting 457% B/R, 898% Stats, 17 BtH.

This armor is awesome. This combined with Mana-looping tactics is a force to be reckoned with. Plus it is such a very handy element-filling tool! I finally have a moderately-defensive Fire armor! :D:D

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 6/16/2011 23:02:02 >
AQ  Post #: 3
6/16/2011 23:09:45   
JMill
Milling About

The armor scales to your level -5 so for capped players, you're going to use 131 instead of 136.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
6/17/2011 3:26:10   
Wonder

Isn't the Insightful Healing Ability quite useless? Its heals far too little mp to be of significance???
Post #: 5
6/17/2011 5:26:32   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

^ 21*10 turns=210MP or *20 turns=410 MP that isn't a small amount of MP over a standard fight.
edit: that's for at my lvl.

edit: from a BW perspective over the life of a guest that's 1-2 extra guest turns, at my lvl and guests that an extra 100+ dmg a turns.

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 6/17/2011 5:38:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
6/17/2011 7:23:12   
ruleandrew

It is possible to squeeze a extra cast of magic spell if you just short on mp which can be useful, a another useful use is during tank battles where it is possible to heal a fair amount of mp and cast a another spell if you drag the battle.

Also alllow the user to free a armor slot (by focusing on one element- by warmed at high level it is no safe to use secondary resistance). You do realised you taking about 1.15 times more than optimal damage but it is not too bad.

< Message edited by ruleandrew -- 6/17/2011 10:14:39 >
AQ  Post #: 7
6/17/2011 12:03:42   
Wonder

^^ From a mage's perspective 21*10 turns=210MP or *20 turns=410 MP is a small amount and mages normally finish the battle sooner, within 20 turns i would only have been able to cast a single heal with the amount gained which is too little to survive 20 turns.

^ Rather than waiting for that mp to heal why not just use sila's staff? or mana staff? certainly those would be better suited for surviving?

btw the best this armour can give at our current cap is 44%

Anyone knows if it is possible to switch between the 3 types of AoA?
Post #: 8
6/17/2011 12:08:22   
Dreiko Shadrack

You have to exploit a bug by getting the temp GP from the Guardian Tower and re-doing the quest if you want to change your AoA.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/17/2011 12:09:54   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

^^ if you can't survive 20 turns your doing something wrong. Also, that 20 turns if 2 standard fights no heal or 1 boss), so you aren't finishing it "quicker".

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 6/17/2011 12:10:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
6/17/2011 12:27:06   
Wonder

^ What i actually meant to say was assuming we were left with no mp and was trying to survive and i also meant that i was finishing it quick enough to render the Insightful Healing Ability useless due to the few turns it takes to end the battle

^^ Lets hope it stays that way
Post #: 11
6/17/2011 12:29:25   
GASKAL

The Question
(AQ Sugg)

Actually, Dreiko, you do not need to re-do the quest. If you've already done AoA, you just need to go back again to re-select to 'mages'-AoA, AFTER you re-select from the Guardian Tower's Guardian Armoury, of getting back the Guardian Plate.
In Short:
->Guardian Tower ->Guardian Armoury ->Equip Guardian Plate ->Go back to AoA quest ->Valencia, re-select AoA build.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
6/17/2011 12:32:59   
Dreiko Shadrack

Ohhhh, I did not know that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/17/2011 12:45:04   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

quote:

What i actually meant to say was assuming we were left with no mp and was trying to survive

O' well obviously it has to be used a specific way. After 4 turns of spells you have 16 turns left(2 standard fights no heal) leaving 16 turns to gain MP back(well more like 15 as you want to use the MP, 21*15=300 which could easily be enough if you are just short of another spell. Which is what the armour is for.

quote:

and i also meant that i was finishing it quick enough to render the Insightful Healing Ability useless due to the few turns it takes to end the battle

I know what you meant but it only stands for 1 fight and old monsters, when it comes to the assumed standard of 20 turns it works just fine. Even more so with the likes of wizard robes, in which some one may waste their MP(to be fast in one fight) and be in the armour longer.(trying to heal MP another way just means lower dmg over all)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
6/17/2011 12:59:40   
Wonder

^ i don't know about you but most of my spells are in the 400-500 range and it will be quite a stretch. I have been using it since just now and it seems that the rate of recovery is just not high enough for me you do not use as much mp as I do, so the constant recovery for you would work out better. i prefer the hp recovery
Post #: 15
6/17/2011 13:01:11   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Anyone knows if it is possible to switch between the 3 types of AoA?
quote:

You have to exploit a bug by getting the temp GP from the Guardian Tower and re-doing the quest if you want to change your AoA.

Re-doing the quest isn't necessary. :p

To switch between the 3 types of AoA do as follows:
Get a temporary Guardian Armor from the Guardian Tower, then go to Today's Event > Army of Awe! > Guardian: Armor of Awe!
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
6/17/2011 13:02:27   
Dreiko Shadrack

A bit late there, AVA, Gaskal already adressed that you don't need to re-do the quest. :B
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/17/2011 13:07:07   
shadowofvvk

Will we be able to customize the colors in the near future? :P
Post #: 18
6/17/2011 13:07:56   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

quote:

i don't know about you but most of my spells are in the 400-500 range and it will be quite a stretch. I have been using it since just now and it seems that the rate of recovery is just not high enough for me you do not use as much mp as I do, so the constant recovery for you would work out better. i prefer the hp recovery

it's not meant to get you a whole spell only enough for one if you are already close. As for me over the life of a guest I get about 1-2 more turns which is 100+ dmg per turn extra depending on the guest.(which isn't a full 20 turns)

You may no be using it in the right situation, again it needs to be used over a long period of time without heal, 2 newer monsters in a row no heal. If anything the HP is less useful unless you are already in having issues surviving which no one should really short of 0 End.

edit: all i am saying is it may be a more situational armour then you are use to, no item can be used at all times. It's not like it's for farming, it's for longer battles ect..

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 6/17/2011 13:19:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
6/17/2011 13:20:56   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

A bit late there, AVA, Gaskal already adressed that you don't need to re-do the quest. :B

Yes, a bit late because I was looking for the information before GASKAL posted it. I apologize! :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
6/17/2011 14:13:51   
Vendetta~

I chose fire elment for my insightful AoA (strong against fire, energy, earth monsters). I find it complement very well with celestia mana staff (water element > fire, energy and sometimes earth) That's like 100 MP average per turn, which is even better than silas staff because you are also attacking while regenerating

it depends on how you use the armor, it's not meant to be used in all situations

if you look at healing efficiency, kiss of amnesia or other healing spell is almost 0.92hp / mp spent on average

the might armor of awe is nice with constant heals but with insight AoA, you are given a choice on how to spend your mana. You can play offensive and use it to cast spells or you can play defensive and use it to heal.
That's just my 2 cents

< Message edited by Vendetta~ -- 6/17/2011 14:30:56 >
DF  Post #: 21
6/17/2011 14:42:32   
infuturity

For anybody running numbers who would like to enter the armor into a sheet so that it automatically adjust to level, check out my post HERE.

Took me a while, but it works :)
AQ  Post #: 22
6/17/2011 14:57:02   
gold

quote:

Umm... what bug?

You can't switch between the AoA's immediately because the AoA's are technically Adventurer armors, and do not count as Guardian Only armors. That's why you need to change back to the Guardian armors, because those ones are Guardian Only. Their demotion to Adventurer armors is intentional, and they still have the power of a Guardian Only armor.

Forget the above, the AoA's are now given Guardian status. Though I'm not sure why they still require a Guardian armor to switch.

< Message edited by gold -- 6/17/2011 15:08:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/18/2011 3:09:00   
Luster Bladewarrior

@Insightful: Sure, that is half a spell, but the heal effect heals more than is needed to regen that amount of mana.

In fact, along with the example of previous Solaris shield:
Look at player HP and divide by 20, then compare to the healing at that level. I'd say quite significant.

As for the element....Wind? Fujin is rather weak........As said, shame about the Horsefly.
AQ  Post #: 24
6/18/2011 8:36:49   
majesticstar3800

To all Pure Builds: use DEFT!

*watches as i heal when arrakna misses* HAHAAHAH

it's awesome, I tell you...
it's like half a GPP for no price at all

I give the deft a 5,
mighty a 3,
insightful a 4.
AQ DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> [Equipment Comparison] >> Equipment Comparison >> =AQ= Armor of Awe
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition