Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Grats to devs for making the new OPed class, Tacticle mercs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Grats to devs for making the new OPed class, Tacticle mercs
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/29/2011 19:34:47   
PumKing

To the dev and al the rest of you guys on the forums. As much as I hate to jump on the band wagon, I am now forced to do otherwise. I am disappointed almost beyond words, but for the fact that I feel the need that I must express myself now. I cannot believe what you devs have done here. Here are the following skills which will lead to the class of technicle merc to become OPed, and once again bring singularity and not divercity to thegame for classes. Reroute, Technician, Smoke Screen, Frenzy, Toxic Grenade.

While it is most certainly a boon that the tacticle mercs artilary strike's chance to crit and def ingnoring abilities a boon to the rest of us, make no mistake that the next support mercs will be sporting a full artillary, and reroute. This will lead to the rise of Heel-looping mercs. You may scoff at this, but think again, with a mere lvl 1FM, they will simply continue healing, or use AS more than once in a match, forget a tacticle merc ever needing a energy booster, nope, just let the rest of the player whittle away at the hybrid armor while the mercs wait until the 4th turn to heal again, but probably notbecause by then they will have gotten their second or third rage and/or crit by that time.

Next, the Str merc, alway the brunt of all the good players in ED due to the fact that they needed to fo0rgo extra def and res in order to be able to hammer through an opponent. Never again will a tacticle merc have to feel inadiquit and unprotected, now they can stop putting wasteful points on str and move them into dex and tech, and still du gratutitous ammounts of damage due to the magic of smoke screen, yep, now the tacticle merc can safely hide behind a large def and res with hybrid armor, and some wonderfull extra point in tech going into res while hammering at you after you have been smoked XD

But let us not forget the 5-focus tank merc, now they no long need fear of a malf to weaken their res and bot, thanks to technican. Blood shield used to be able to take care of it, but the robot would still be weaker, but now thanks to technican a merc can easily hid ebehing hybrid armor and now a better res due to technican and even a strong bot after that.

But let us not forget the too biggest slaps to the face (especially for us bounty hunters, but also because Smoke screen has already been mentioned) Frenzy and Toxic Grenade. Frenzy is alot like bloodlust, but cost mp to do so, not so bad right?, Oh i'm sorry, you would be wrong on that account, because even at lvl 1(9 mp) frenzy allows for the tacticle merc to gain 42% health back from the damage they inflict, and when maxed allows for a whopping 72% of damage to health and only cost 18mp. This in itself would be GREAT cause for alarm as is, but luckily for us the devs also gave the tacticle mercs the wonderful PASSIVE abilty of reroute, so even at 18mp, it become even less of a pittence to throw mp at. The bloodlust when FULLY maxed will only allow 23% of damage to health.

But let us not forget Toxic Grenade, which when maxed allows for 14 poison damageto occer, as opposed to the bh's 11 damge. Now remember this is maxed, lets look at what lvl it would cost to allow for a simploe 10 poison damage to occur, well for a bh, that would be lvl 9 (and costing a whopping 30mp to do so), while the tacticle merc can do so a lvl 6, an still at considerably less than 30 mp, and even so, that cost is still reduced due to the fact that tacticle mercenaries have reroute. But it gets even better than that with the inital attck of initalizing the poison. For bh we have to come up to our opponents, this means that the initl al strike can be blocked, and due to the poison damge during your turn looks like you only took that small ammount of damage last turn. But the tacticle mercs poison initializing strike allows them to throw a poison "grenade" at their opponent, this means that it is a RANGED attck, which means that it is UNBLOCKABLE, so not only are you garunteed at least some damage for the initializing, you also take the extra poison damage.

Quite fankly I am disgusted with the devs for the allowance of such a class to have been broght into exsistence. I do not want to quit, and I will definitely be taking a break for THIS game, but if something isn't done about this problem I can definitely forsee the end of the game a s a whole. Because either too many peopl ewill simply quit, OR all the players will become a tacticle merc, and if they dont, they will save up creds or var until they can rectify the situation and become so.

< Message edited by PumKing -- 6/29/2011 20:08:29 >

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 1
6/29/2011 19:39:02   
Mr. Black OP

yup lets not forget str bh isnt effective anymore only 5 focus now
now SA and mass have higher requirements and smoke lasts 2 turns now (srsly who complained about smoke and SA was nerfed twice already which was 2 too many nerfs)
STOP THE NERFS just undo everything u did for balance *watch all the positive posts and threads coming about a new ED"
Epic  Post #: 2
6/29/2011 19:40:55   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

agreed with Zman\

dont remove focus thogh.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/29/2011 19:41:20   
ZirakogluED

I agree to be fair,Tacticle mercs are kinda op'ed.Would be nice if they sorted that out other than that its actually a good released Pwed The boss with my buddy Rayman on my 1st try :)
So im happy with that and happy with the new bounty class :)
~Z
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/29/2011 19:42:03   
zippinbolts

I agree, but your taking it a bit too seriously. I don't mean to entice a flame war but that is the difference between var and non-var players. We have no financial compulsions to play the best build, small comforts aside this is a problem all mercs. One good way to combat it would be to make hybrid give 75% of its current buff. Anyway well thought out argument, hope to see you soon!

AQ AQW  Post #: 5
6/29/2011 19:44:15   
Wootz

True story, bro.
What'll be the new build for the BH's ( Which I am currently building ), a High DEX - Max SS + Max Stu. Grenade + Cheap Shot/Strike. BH's will stop using SA, since they can't have a decent build without a +5 Focus + Bot. This is just turning back into Early Beta, when BHs had a huge ammount of DEX, blocked everything, and did a lot of Damage with a Stun Grenade.

TLM's - I actually defeated a P2P TLM which was the same level as me. ( I'm a 29 F2P BH ).
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/29/2011 19:46:10   
One Winged Angel1357

i remember WM saying 2 skills were removed from Tac MErc and replaced if you would Kindly put those skills Back and remove some of those skills
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/29/2011 19:47:36   
goldslayer1

can u atleast wait a few days until people make builds for other classes?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/29/2011 19:47:55   
Wootz

quote:

i remember WM saying 2 skills were removed from Tac MErc and replaced if you would Kindly put those skills Back and remove some of those skills

Am pretty sure he ment that about Reroute and SS. Does he have a Twitter?

quote:

can u atleast wait a few days until people make builds for other classes?

I'm making a one for BH's atm. If ya wanna guess what'll it be alike, It'll be a early Beta BH style of build, lots of blocking.

Posts merged. ~Lectrix

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 6/29/2011 23:35:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/29/2011 19:48:58   
One Winged Angel1357

@ gold the Dvs didnt give us much to work with on BM and i havent had time to look into CH builds yet
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/29/2011 19:49:10   
Sky Drifter

They shouldn't have nerfed classes..

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/29/2011 19:49:54   
...Sonya...
Banned

Look,I dont get why your complaining,Not Gonna Flame Here Put You Obviously Havent Thought About It Properly,CH's Are As good as TLM BM's Arent they might need an extra topping but no need to nerf.

Bloodmage needs its shields back,Thats All.

Bloodmage can deal great damage and take it.Whilst The Others Only Give it dont take it.

-Sonya
Epic  Post #: 12
6/29/2011 19:49:57   
Wootz

quote:

They shouldn't have nerfed classes..

Only Merc's AS, if everything else didn't get Nerfed, it would be perfect.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/29/2011 19:50:09   
xxmirxx

Cyber Hunters can beat tac merc and tech mages. remember Cyber Hunters have tech mages skills.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
6/29/2011 19:50:58   
Wootz

quote:

Look,I dont get why your complaining,Not Gonna Flame Here Put You Obviously Havent Thought About It Properly,CH's Are As good as TLM BM's Arent they might need an extra topping but no need to nerf.

Bloodmage needs its shields back,Thats All.

Bloodmage can deal great damage and take it.Whilst The Others Only Give it dont take it.

-Sonya

A simple Hybrid armour would fix that shield problem. CH's are pretty powerfull, and the builds can be very effective.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/29/2011 19:53:31   
Mr. Black OP

@OWA
hybrid armor 2
a hybrid armor thats starts out as +12 res
ya for all we know this couldve been a skill
Epic  Post #: 16
6/29/2011 20:01:49   
AQWPlayer

Reroute and defense matrix should be given back to blood mages to buff them up a bit.
AQW  Post #: 17
6/29/2011 20:03:55   
Mr. Black OP

@above
or at least a reflex boost
Epic  Post #: 18
6/29/2011 20:12:18   
mehmehmehmeh

They should rename the class to "Poison and go afk for the next few turns and still win" mercenary.
Post #: 19
6/29/2011 20:14:36   
Wootz

Here's the test build, let's hope it'll work:

Level: 29

Stats:
HP: 79
EP: 73
STR: 41 (+15)
DEX: 49 (+5)
TECH: 49 (+8)
SUP: 23 (+7)

Skill tree:

1-5-9
0-7-1
0-0-8
0-0-0

Weapons:
Primary: Touch Of Agony 13-16 +32
Side: Bang Gun 13-16 + 27
Aux: OverLord Cannon 7-9 +34

Defense: 17-21 +1
Resistance: 20-24 +1
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/29/2011 20:20:08   
PumKing

@zippinbolts
while that is true, non-var can be allowed to care less about wins, I am in fact an invested player, howerver, my problem is that this game is become a place where only one particular class is becomeing the most powerful, variety is the spice of life, and this game is becomeing bland, especially when it is due to the fact that the class eveyone wants to become is turnign out to have fewer and fewer weaknesses. I like bounty hunter, in fact one of the reasons I became one is due to Jango Fett (love star wars XD ), and I indeed have many great weps, however it all turns to not when my best will only do about 17 damage, whilst an oppent hides behind powerful passive shiels which allow him/her the leeway to put other stats to increasing power while they look at my meticulously made build and laugh because no matter how hard or awsome my build is, they can smash right through it with little effort. Case in point, even the most noobish merc, with litterally no skills does fine (or when lucky, which happens quite alot to my shagrin) excelent due to the awsome build of bunker buster, artillary strike, while hiding behind the all powerful hybrid armor. And while it is true that artillary strike has finally lost all of it's buffs, the point still stands because it is still buffed by support, which also buffs auxs, and also buffs feild medic, and now with reroute, that basically spells doom for every other class.
Epic  Post #: 21
6/29/2011 20:20:41   
Wootz

And the build fails. Only works on a fight againts a lower level.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/29/2011 20:47:51   
Deboise

I AGREE WITH THIS!!!! ....they just took all the best skills from all the classes and put them into the tac mercs...

I paid 900 varium to become a BM from a mage...i basicaly paid to get down graded..i have never been more pissed with this retarted game.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/29/2011 20:49:07   
Yo son

Can u guys please give BM some freaking Physical skills, Like NOW!, Did you guys just let a computer generate this skills ; because I cant understand, why intelligent game developers like you guys would actually take all the Oped skills and give it One class, On top of that the have mana to use the skills.
Fact!-any BM, will get killed by any strength Merc, any strength BH, any strength Tactical merc. 1000 percent of the time; Is a freaking guarantee, threes no way a BM can beat any of those builds, from those classes.

And if this is some kind of a scheme, u guys are using to make us buy varium, after u fix this class; guess what, is not going to work, U will lose a ton of players before that happens. And by players I mean those that actually pay for the game.

If U atleast took away hybird from Mercs, or TMerc. there might actually be some tiny little chance of TMerc. being somewhat like the other classes(when it comes to potential like)
Post #: 24
6/29/2011 20:51:34   
Deboise

AGREED>>>>>> BM IS A STUPID JOKE>>I WANT MY 900 Varium back...upgrade my a$$
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Grats to devs for making the new OPed class, Tacticle mercs
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition