Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2011 15:30:08   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Buffy- she's complaining about something we haven't even done yet and asking for special treatment. I did not say "if you don't like it leave" or disrespect her in any way except to say I'm not going to keep arguing with her about things that haven't happened or when she says things that are patently untrue (ie "the devs are greedy and purposefully make one class OP so that everyone will switch to it, then nerf that class so it's useless so that everyone will have to switch back"). THAT is what I called her out on. Should we ignore everyone else's complaints just because she holds an erroneous belief? Is she the only Customer who is allowed to be right? Everybody can't be right, when customers hold conflicting opinions.

There is a difference between respecting a person and allowing them to run roughshod over me.

@C Schulder- it's the principle applying, not an exact analogy, since this isn't a product in the same way that a dress is.
Post #: 76
7/8/2011 15:36:26   
*Nova*

quote:

@Jehannum

I hate to be the one to bring this up on an AE forum, but some companies such as Jagex do reward players for long-standing loyalty.

Aeria Games also do it from time-to-time.

And hasn't ED done it, too?
The 1000 free varium. Some may think it wasn't a well-enough gift but by all means, it is something that was meant 'to reward players for long-standing loyalty.'
DF MQ  Post #: 77
7/8/2011 15:39:53   
xxmirxx

quote:

As we all know, Epicduel is one hell of an expensive game to play. But there's no need to worry Angels is here to save you all some money. First of all we know that there is a credit option for class change, and enhancements. Two of the most needed features in this game. I never understood why the players of this game were always so fixated on enhancing their weapons with varium? There's a free option. Credits are free, varium is real money.
this what you wrote.
quote:

I would like to formally thank the Devs for admitting to their hidden greed. Thank you for telling me that in 1-2 weeks I will be forced to give you another 10 dollars to class change in order to stay competitive. Thank you for showing no remorse what so ever for taking my money. Thank you for making this game interesting by crippling classes monthly. Thank you for making just one class oped at a time. Thank you for giving us defected products.
I am soo confuse why do make look like force to buy varium on class change.
AQ Epic  Post #: 78
7/8/2011 15:41:46   
*Nova*

quote:

I never understood why the players of this game were always so fixated on enhancing their weapons with varium? There's a free option. Credits are free, varium is real money.

Yeah, but everyone's time is limited.
DF MQ  Post #: 79
7/8/2011 15:43:40   
goldslayer1

i would like special events on ED
like double exp days, double token, triple credit days (it can all be on the same day or on different days)
this way players are more interested in the game.
and dont give me the power hour stuff. this is completely different.

u should see games like combat arms do these events. their servers get full all of the time on events.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
7/8/2011 15:46:56   
*Nova*

^
Some games have doubled exp. days during one random week in the summer, IIRC.

@Below
Doing it almost every week may not be a good idea. Eventually it'll become too easy and they will have to require more exp. for every Level Up.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 15:51:34 >
DF MQ  Post #: 81
7/8/2011 15:49:23   
goldslayer1

@nova
yeah but combatarms does it like every week.
and when its a holiday, they double it.
like triple exp, quadriple credits, triple tokens. only on specific holidays tho
(like Christmas, 4th of July, thanks giving, etc)
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
7/8/2011 15:49:58   
Yo son

is it here yet, this torture is too much! I cant go one more weak with this game going this direction; pleassssseeee...... hurry.
Post #: 83
7/8/2011 15:51:28   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

@Buffy- she's complaining about something we haven't even done yet and asking for special treatment. I did not say "if you don't like it leave" or disrespect her in any way except to say I'm not going to keep arguing with her about things that haven't happened or when she says things that are patently untrue (ie "the devs are greedy and purposefully make one class OP so that everyone will switch to it, then nerf that class so it's useless so that everyone will have to switch back"). THAT is what I called her out on. Should we ignore everyone else's complaints just because she holds an erroneous belief? Is she the only Customer who is allowed to be right? Everybody can't be right, when customers hold conflicting opinions.

There is a difference between respecting a person and allowing them to run roughshod over me.

@C Schulder- it's the principle applying, not an exact analogy, since this isn't a product in the same way that a dress is.

Wroooooooonggggguh.

Take Angel's complaint. Do you really think players WANT to switch classes spending hundreds of dollars to your amusement?

We want to give you all our money so that we can be "conflicting" the opinions of other players...right?

You call angel a troll. Angel called you greedy. Everyone can call anyone anything based on biased perspective; i personally think 99% of the varium players on here agree this game charges too much.

Btw the dress thing. If someone finds a loophole, your "principle" is wrong. You can't generalize the destination of the example and call it correct.

Post #: 84
7/8/2011 15:54:58   
Mr. Black OP

@above
u dont have to change, and u ddnt have to change to be OP, there are so many things i would add but i wld get banned so im just goin to say this- get over it change if u want or stay the same
Epic  Post #: 85
7/8/2011 15:56:35   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

@above
u dont have to change, and u ddnt have to change to be OP, there are so many things i would add but i wld get banned so im just goin to say this- get over it change if u want or stay the same

Nice customer service you got there. I like your refund policy.
Post #: 86
7/8/2011 15:58:00   
*Nova*

quote:

Wroooooooonggggguh.

Take Angel's complaint. Do you really think players WANT to switch classes spending hundreds of dollars to your amusement?

You guys talk like nerfing a class will completely destroy the game. Once again, you cannot just assume thing before it happens. Right now, they are probably well-aware of the whole Mage and Heal Looping issue. So I highly doubt that they will destroy a new class, it will definitely get weaker because it is in my opinion OP.

Remember when they chose to nerf Hybrid Armor? Did they destroy it completely? No. They reduced the defense by 1, Ofc it still sucked for the Mercs that they now have one defense less but the skill is still there and is well.

quote:

You call angel a troll. Angel called you greedy.

Angel kind of started the trolling-behavior so I would have to be on Cinderella's side on this.

And I do have to point out that sometimes being honest is wrong and I know that you know, what I mean.
So in this sense. Being honest can also be kind-of-trolling.

quote:

Nice customer service you got there. I like your refund policy.

What did you honestly expect? They aren't your parents, they aren't going to hold your hand through everything.
You are supposed to learn to spend money carefully. Why don't you think about things before purchasing them?

Most players changed to TLM, knowing it was OP. So, did you really think that the Devs were going to leave the issue unsolved?

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 18:45:10 >
DF MQ  Post #: 87
7/8/2011 15:58:53   
Mr. Black OP

@above above
1) the classes were subject to change
2) u shldnt get paid every time something changes
3) u paid to be OP and u were so u did get wut u paid for
@above
finally some1 with common sense who knows that a class receiving a slight nerf wont destroy them

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 7/8/2011 16:00:00 >
Epic  Post #: 88
7/8/2011 16:00:00   
xxmirxx

quote:

"if you don't like it leave" or disrespect
NW told her to leave if she doesn't like game and you said your tired of her playing victim all time. But it was said 4 months ago.
AQ Epic  Post #: 89
7/8/2011 16:05:05   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

@above above
1) the classes were subject to change
2) u shldnt get paid every time something changes
3) u paid to be OP and u were so u did get wut u paid for

1) Of course content changes. How would they make money if it didn't. But it's not something like adding new skills or something, it's NERF + BUFF

2) Go to the gun shop. Inspect gun. Buy gun. When a robber comes, point the gun at the robber. Chuck Norris sends down a message that guns aren't manly, and disables your gun. Your gun is nerfed. Robber shoots you.

3) What is "average power" in this state of meta? If I payed to be "OP", why would they nerf?

Post #: 90
7/8/2011 16:11:53   
goldslayer1

quote:

3) What is "average power" in this state of meta? If I payed to be "OP", why would they nerf?

because ur OP? DERP
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
7/8/2011 16:13:06   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

1) Of course content changes. How would they make money if it didn't. But it's not something like adding new skills or something, it's NERF + BUFF

2) Go to the gun shop. Inspect gun. Buy gun. When a robber comes, point the gun at the robber. Chuck Norris sends down a message that guns aren't manly, and disables your gun. Your gun is nerfed. Robber shoots you.

1) how would they make money if they give refunds
2) then the robbers gun wouldnt work, and i wld pull a knife
3) wut gold said
@below
because they ddnt know it was OP until ppl tested it so they charged u to try a new class but when ppl figured out it was OP they started paying to be OP

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 7/8/2011 16:16:06 >
Epic  Post #: 92
7/8/2011 16:13:43   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

because ur OP? DERP

So they make op, then when ppl buy it, they nerf it.

Yeah i don't see anything wrong with this either.

DURR
Post #: 93
7/8/2011 16:16:02   
*Nova*

quote:

DURR

So what you're honestly saying is that OP classes should not be Nerf-ed? Now, there's definitely something wrong with this.

Once again, I ask you. Do you really think that they would've left this issue unsolved?
DF MQ  Post #: 94
7/8/2011 16:17:56   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

1) how would they make money if they give refunds
2) then the robbers gun wouldnt work, and i wld pull a knife
3) wut gold said

1) Is it FAIR to sell a defective item?
2) No. My scenario. You can't just pop random items into it.
3) Gold gonna sit on here 24/7 arguing with me.
Post #: 95
7/8/2011 16:20:50   
Mr. Black OP

@above
is it fair for 1 class to dominate the game
ok then ill use my fists since his gun wldnt work either
and gold will win since he has a point
hope u learn ur lesson next time a class is OP

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 7/8/2011 16:23:57 >
Epic  Post #: 96
7/8/2011 16:22:20   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

DURR

So what you're honestly saying is that OP classes should not be Nerf-ed? Now, there's definitely something wrong with this.

Once again, I ask you. Do you really think that they would've left this issue unsolved?

Of course they would make it OP to begin with, because that's how this game works. But to nerf?

There's nothing wrong with leaving an op class as it is. That's what we paid for.

Instead, they should have made sure it was "equal" in competition with other classes.

Saying the testing group is small isn't much of an excuse.
Post #: 97
7/8/2011 16:25:12   
*Nova*

quote:

Of course they would make it OP to begin with, because that's how this game works.

More assumptions...

quote:

There's nothing wrong with leaving an op class as it is. That's what we paid for.

...... Lol. Is that what you think?

quote:

Instead, they should have made sure it was "equal" in competition with other classes.

Nerf, simply means to weaken. By how much, though? We'll soon find out but the thing is: How can you assume that the class will be made UP-ed rather than Equal?

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 16:29:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 98
7/8/2011 16:25:13   
Xx. Christian .xX

is that update today?
Post #: 99
7/8/2011 16:25:37   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

@above
is it fair for 1 class to dominate the game
ok then ill use my fists since his gun wldnt work either
and gold will win since he has a point

No it isn't fair for one class to dominate the game. But nerfing isn't the solution.

Read plz.. this is analogy, not a storybook.

Idc about bias, doesn't seem to do much anyways.

Point is, u scared of OP.

Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition