Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2011 13:22:43   
Monstrocon

^
What a way to put your point... Congrats, you're on a one way trip to facing the BAN HAMMER.
And it seems we're seeing more people being 1 hit KOed.
All the ranting on the forums, the flaming and trolling will lead to one thing: The First Great ED Flame War.
I'm serious (Ok, that IS a bit far fetched :P), take one step back and analyse the situation. The community has been deteriorating in terms of ethics.

And, everyone take a deep breath, and let's discuss like civilized people.

Well true, everyone cares about wins. The mods are right when they say they didn't force you to class change. The fact that everyone wants wins will make sure that everyone will class change(if TLM is nerfed too badly, then everyone will jump ship to the next OPed class, just watch). And, BM needs a debuff skill (Smoke), CH needs a passive (reduce Static charge's energy gain percentage to something in between the percentages of bloodlust and reroute, and make the skill passive), and TLM... Either change technician to Blood Shield, or... (IDK)

The problem here isn't mainly balance, it's about lack of skill and lack of thinking about others.
No offence to those who do.

Discuss On! (With proper etiquette, concern, and maturity)
Don't flame me (and anyone else!)!

< Message edited by Monstrocon -- 7/9/2011 13:34:12 >

Flame shield!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 151
7/9/2011 19:18:06   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@SageofPeace- where in Ashari's post did she say it was the players' fault? As I said, sometimes it's difficult to anticipate every balance issue that will ever come up. As someone much earlier pointed out: WoW has a HUGE staff and routinely nerf and buff classes because of balance issues that the testing staff did not catch in testing. We have a much smaller staff, with a development staff of 3 and a key staff of 4 and a testing staff that numbers into the tens. We have a much smaller staff, so some balance issues get through. We are working to fix it, so that the game is fun no matter what class you play. I think that would be saying "our bad" much more than "your bad".
Post #: 152
7/9/2011 20:44:12   
xxmirxx

Cinderella You guys made these classes and you didn't even bother to actually come up with new skills . All of you test these classes didn't even brother to make it even.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 7/9/2011 21:00:35 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 153
7/9/2011 20:51:43   
Bu Kek Siansu

mir, be a bit nice against her... :)
Post #: 154
7/9/2011 23:35:44   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@mir- and I sincerely apologize for the balance issues. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by continually berating me for it. We did test them, but there are some balance issues that did not come to light until we put them in the game. I've already apologized for that, and we're adjusting the balance to accommodate for that. We did test the classes, we actually fixed a good deal of balance issues from how Titan had originally built them (adjusting skill trees, adjusting skills and requirements, etc). I know you don't believe me, but we really did.

As for keeping some of the existing skills- the original idea was to have them be class evolutions/hybrid classes, and there are skills we really liked, and decided to keep for the new classes. We do have some new skills for the new classes.
Post #: 155
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition