Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Promos

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Promos
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/10/2011 19:46:08   
Xendran

Im curious as to why all the promos are with the 10k package now? Take a look at some of these older ones

Founder - $10 for achievment, $35 for achievment and armor
Beta - $35 for betas
Bunny - $20 for zookas
Rixty - $20 for zookas
Marauder Bike - $10
Screaming Eagle - $10
Year of the Dragon - $10
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
7/10/2011 19:49:00   
LatinLover/Martini

i agree... noone wants to spend so much money for a game to get weps.... i think they shuld at least be the 35 dollar one.... waaaaaaay 2 much for what it is right now
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/10/2011 19:53:12   
One Winged Angel1357

well maybe Deltas could Stay at $50 for everything but why not pull a Gamma give teh sword out at $35 and everything at $50

but for teh msot part everything should be $35 or $50 becuase upgrade cards come in $20 so you have to pay $60 to get a $50 promo

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/10/2011 19:56:28   
Epic Pwnser

Cause.. They.. Want... More.... Profit...

Simple reason.
$50 is more money and they look at their profit margins and it works.
The rich players splurge and the ED company wins.

And the reason for the up and up.
More players are playing now, so they have a wider group of people to spend, so why not jack up the content, but make them all pay more for it at a premium?

Epic  Post #: 4
7/10/2011 20:44:00   
elm street

is it bad i have to set back a margine of what i make ea month just incase a new promo comes out i need??

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 5
7/10/2011 21:02:12   
Sageofpeace

promo are away to trick player specially children to buy the 50$ pack no more no less

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 6
7/10/2011 23:34:47   
Celestine
Constructive!

They reap more profit using this method...well that is what is thought.
If they included promos in the $10 or $35 package, more profit would be made in my opinion.

The Stun Guns being available in the $50 package prevented me from purchasing them so I'll make the assumption it prevented others as well.

This method is forcing players to purchase a high amount of varium that may not be needed and turning many others away.

On a side note, promos can't be bought in-game so that's even more force applied to the players.
Is ED starting to follow AE's tradition of selling promos?

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 7
7/10/2011 23:36:24   
Mr. Black OP

@above
frostbane, celtic cleaver, azrael bane, egg zookas, gamma bot, and gamma bike were all available in game and were promos
Epic  Post #: 8
7/10/2011 23:43:29   
Celestine
Constructive!

^Note that I said "starting to follow AE's tradition" :P
The current and last promo couldn't be bought in-game so who's to say the next one won't follow this method?

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 9
7/10/2011 23:44:25   
edwardvulture

Dam i feel stupid for not getting at least the founder achievement.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
7/10/2011 23:45:13   
Drago9999

Buying promos in game saved my record. If the Eggzookas weren't sold in game, I wouldn't survive in intense battles. I do hope they put promos for sale in game again.

< Message edited by Drago9999 -- 7/10/2011 23:46:56 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/11/2011 9:28:06   
Wraith

@Celestine: I don't see a promo in DF...other than DmK, which you only need the sword as the class is a energy killer. (I looked at it when it came out, I was like BLEH).

In AQ you get Guardian armor in DF and AQ for $20. Worth it.

In ED, $50 per promo is over the limit. But the guns were nice...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/11/2011 9:42:30   
kingmark345

It's because the game is much bigger now than it was during the times of the previous promos stated in the first post. If you didn't notice already, Epic DUel requires alot of money, and its only way to achieve it is through the purchase of varium. Other games have membership but Epic Duel does not. (The other games have both Membership and a special type of money - varium, DCs, Novagems etc.) Varium is the key ingredient both for the gamers and for the game designers. (Gamers - Varium = Power ; Designers - Varium = Money to make the game bigger and better)

You have been given the power to voice your opinions... Use it wisely.

"With great Power, comes great Responsiblity." ~Uncle Ben

Electrik Dynomyte
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/11/2011 14:57:56   
DeathGuard

Back in beta, you could get the full promo with the medium and large package. Who remembers this? Hopefully it should be like that.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/11/2011 16:11:09   
DillBagel

They need to buff the old promos every once in a while too.
For example: The eggzookas are complete bunny knock-offs and they got 4 more damage. That's bull.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/11/2011 17:24:38   
ur going to fail

yea its messed.. but what makes me mad is that the promo items get to be the best items in the game. like something in game should match. right now the delta weapons r the best, but they all physical. the stun guns r a prefect example of what im saying.
Epic  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Promos
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition