Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Red & Blue Server Caps

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> [Equipment Comparison] >> Equipment Comparison >> =AQ= Red & Blue Server Caps
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/14/2011 16:23:59   
Ello

Red & Blue Server Caps

HERE(info submission thanks to IMR)

This is the thread in which to discuss comparisons between the new items and others. Unlike guide-like threads created via Comparison Posting you are not required to lay out comparisons in a formal manner in here. But remember - because you'll have read the forum rules of course - do not ask questions here like "what's best for me" / "which is the better weapon" - this is not a Question & Answer forum. Nor is it a general game discussion forum. Only post if you have something useful and relevant to add / discuss.

Threads created via the Comparison Posting forum (which then get moved to this Equipment Comparison forum once approved) normally remain on a permanent basis, whereas this =AQ= one is likely to be allowed to expire.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/14/2011 16:36:13   
Frostmourne

These items don't affect the average damage so therefore there's no upkeep.

A lot of people prefer the red cap but I prefer the blue one even if my lucky strikes aren't as powerful, at least I end up getting them right?
AQ  Post #: 2
7/14/2011 16:48:45   
  Kaelin

Holding Back
(AQ GD/EC/BS)

Provided that your win rate is over 50%, the Blue Cap does more to ensure your victory by improving your downside (at the expense of your upside), whereas Red Cap works against you by worsening your downside (by strengthening the upside).

If you already have a set of eight misc items you like, then this item probably isn't going to pay off. Improved stability for no cost is nice, but it does eat up one inventory slot, and you can usually get a decent effect from some other item. Even though other items have SP costs, you usually have abundant SP for at least one reasonably-priced effect that you can call upon, and it should improve your odds in a more substantial way than the Blue Cap can simply stabilizing your output.

< Message edited by Kaelin -- 7/14/2011 16:49:30 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
7/14/2011 17:36:47   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

While I don't have Luk I would go with the lower dmg for a higher rate myself. LS already have the issue of over kill fairly often there is no reason to increase your amount of "wasted dmg", other then pretty numbers.

As well what good is dmg if it can't be relied on? For example a fight that is less then 10 turns, 50% rate of 100% dmg or 100% rate of 50%?(if you assume 1 LS every 10 turns) I would rather and extra ~500 dmg then an extra 0.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/14/2011 18:05:17   
dragonmasterz

I am also using the blue one more but against tank monsters I like occasionally use the Red one since I can dish out huge amounts of damage. Like afterlifex said the red one`s extra boost is mostly a waste. For example I used Heal Mortal Wounds with the Red one and healed over 3000 HP but I only have 1058 HP max. So 2000 HP that I`healed`just went to waste.
AQ  Post #: 5
7/14/2011 18:09:57   
lanceknightmare

The two items are based off of your base critical percentage. Much in the same way. That being able to block higher level challenge monsters. Actually requires a healthy instead of moderate or lower investment into Dexterity/Luck. These things require a healthy investment into Luck.

I've attacked somewhere around 50 to 100 times with both of them equipped. I am yet to see a Critical Hit with the Red Cap. Which halves the chance of critical hits occurring. Yet, I have gotten several Critical Hits with the Blue Cap. Which doubles the rate that Critical Hits occur.

The basis of my data is on my Level 103 character with 100 Luck into my base statistics. I would not recommend the Red Cap. To anyone that does not have max or near max Luck. With Low to Moderate Luck. You will inflict more damage with the Blue Cap equipped. For those of you that have maxed out or near max luck. The two items will perform in a similar way. Just, more frequent Critical Hits or more damage from Critical Hits. When they do actually occur.
AQ  Post #: 6
7/14/2011 19:25:26   
Macho Man

yeah i prefer the blue cap. It increases the rate to 20% ( i believe) and i still get pretty good numbers out of it (1000-1500 dmg)
AQ  Post #: 7
7/14/2011 23:25:27   
blindfury01

quote:

For example I used Heal Mortal Wounds with the Red one and healed over 3000 HP but I only have 1058 HP max. So 2000 HP that I`healed`just went to waste.

then why didnt you think to use the blue one, if you knew it could over heal and the blue one colst no cash nor cost anything to use for take just 5 sec to change them out.
AQ  Post #: 8
7/14/2011 23:50:05   
dragonmasterz

^Buddy you can't predict when a lucky strike will happen and how powerful its going to be. It was random. I needed a heal in a battle and I Used Heal Mortal Wounds. Is it really a bad thing that I got healed to my max HP. So next time before you make a statement like that atleast think it over to check if it actually makes logical sense!
AQ  Post #: 9
7/15/2011 0:21:17   
Joseph M

In theory, these Caps don't help your average DPT do they? The only thing that is useful with these is the fact that the red one would make your max hit higher if you LS so it's good for thrills.
AQ  Post #: 10
7/15/2011 2:30:01   
BlackAces
The King of Wolves
Battlewolf

No they still average out. The blue cap doubles the chance of a lucky strike but reduces the damage by half. The red cap doubles the damage of a lucky strike but reduces the chances by half.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
7/15/2011 2:44:39   
Lectrix

The Server Caps don't seem very useful to me, since they don't increase your overall damage output. Guess I'll keep the Red one, just because it's rare...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/15/2011 9:35:42   
xxxAtogxxx

I've dealt around a 40-ish on one of the hits with Everlasting Guardian Gumn lucky strike with the blue cap. As for the red one I've yet to see a lucky strike of it. They both seem to be just novelty items, not meant to speed up battles or anything like that.
AQ  Post #: 13
7/15/2011 10:15:28   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

^ for the most part yes, they don't change anything. In a standard 10 turn fight there shouldn't be any difference. It's when you start to get out side of that were you might get an advantage. Or again in the case of over-kill, the wasted dmg is still counted towards your average dmg but it's not put to any practical use.

edit: and the 40 hit on your att doesn't necessarily reflect the misc doing anything as you could hit that low as is.

edit: i would venture to say the blue favors farming, more so mages doing so. (fights under the standered 10 turns)

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 7/15/2011 10:25:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
7/15/2011 12:39:10   
chadrizard

However, if you look at it this way...

UGP's 2nd attack has a 20% chance of occuring
A level 136 weapon special has ~15% chance of occurring
The blue cap increases your chance to LS by 20%

So 55% of the time, something cool will happen other than your basic, standard attack :D
AQ  Post #: 15
7/15/2011 13:13:20   
dragonmasterz

Even though they cost nothing/turn to use, it wouldn't be something I would keep in my active inventory in the long tern becuase there are many better misc avaliable.
AQ  Post #: 16
7/15/2011 13:44:18   
  afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

quote:

Well here's one example: If a lucky strike is useful to you but a full lucky strike is overkill (like it'll do significantly more health than the enemy has on average or result in you healing ore health than you've lost), then pop on the Blue Server Cap to increase the chance of getting one and only losing the overkill damage.

For the red server cap, say you're at low health but a monsters got to many HP for it to be possible for you to kill it this round, then popping on the Red server cap might raise your chance of victory from 0% (can't do enough damage no matter what) to 2.5% (if you get a lucky strik and roll high).

just something Kal said about possible strategic use of the items.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
7/15/2011 14:05:09   
johnnyquest.aqrocks

Simple math shows us this misc is useless. Waste of an item slot. Only for those who have no better misc items that actually cost something (time, money, tokens)
AQ DF  Post #: 18
7/15/2011 14:16:36   
Frostmourne

Whoa whoa no need to be so hating on these caps, probability and math does tell you that the average dpt won't be affected at all by these items but they do have their uses. Just because the chance is 10% doesn't mean you will get one every 10 hits, so improving the chance to 20% makes lucky strikes much more dependable even if the extra damage isn't as good as it sounds. I do agree though that people with stacked misc inventories shouldn't really consider these unless its for storage/fun.
AQ  Post #: 19
7/15/2011 14:21:19   
Dragonnightwolf
Follower of Smergol

I decided to grab one of each. Why? Because look at the cost. I mean seriously, look at the cost! It costs nothing to buy, and it costs you absolutely nothing to use them! What a great deal!

Post #: 20
7/15/2011 15:56:02   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

Interesting misc for sure and it will be exciting to see how they will affect lucky strikes for weapon specials once activated. :)
Post #: 21
7/15/2011 16:06:38   
Ubear

Oh my gosh I must get them both
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
7/15/2011 16:30:05   
Excommunicated

If you guys think about it, in a standard 10 turn battle (20 turns over 2 monsters w/o healing) the Blue is probably a better choice.

Mathematically speaking, with LS at 20% with blue, you should get at least 2 LS in a 10 turn battle. Since they are halved in damage, the damage should remain the same.

However, your LS drops to 5% with red. Meaning you might not even get it in a 10 turn battle. So say throughout the entire 1st 10 turn battle wearing the red cap you get no LS, but in the 2nd battle you finally get a LS that's doubled in damage; however, the monster is probably close to dead or dying anyways. Again, mathematically speaking, there is a 50% chance (per battle) of getting 1 LS from the Red Cap in a standard 10 turn battle.

To me I'd think the Blue is much more useful (especially now since there are short battles, some lasting <5 turns). I'd rather have 2-3 LS per battle even if they were marshmallowed than have 1 LS every 2-3 battles that would probably overkill the monster. Though I can see the Red Cap as being a for-fun thing, like reaching the 7000 damage cap with even harder circumstances (damage cap on GoldenZard? etc...) Or with a few exceptions, such as Sin Qua Non (3)...
Post #: 23
7/15/2011 16:48:46   
Trans

@ZardX3
Great comparison here! :D I actually wondered which one to pick and this really helped me out, serious! :D
Thankyou for good example.. :3
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 24
7/15/2011 17:15:13   
MetalKuat

The Server Caps are nice, but not worth the waste of one slot. There are other more usefull misc items that would serve that slot better. And I don't think this improvement of LS rate or improvement of LS damage is that necessary, Lucky Strikes are fine as they are. Though I'm not saying they are useless, they serve their purposes, it's just it's not that big deal.

So in my opinion, the Server Caps are more for using for fun, or for those Rare Items Hunters.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> [Equipment Comparison] >> Equipment Comparison >> =AQ= Red & Blue Server Caps
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition