Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Concerning armor discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Concerning armor discussion
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2011 19:08:15   
Rooster

For a long time now there's been discussions about founder armor needing a buff (or not). There's some strong feelings on either side, and understandably non-founders feel it would give founders an unfair advantage if the armor was buffed for free. I understand that concern, but I think one solution would be if the devs would allow founder armor stats to be upgraded in exchange for the same amount of varium/credits that the newest armor costs. The stats should then obviously also match the one of the "new" armor.

My questions now are:

1. Could all you non-founders that usually disagree with upgrading founder armor live with such a solution? If not, could you please give a reason why.

2. and this is for staff/devs: Could such a solution feasibly be implemented without causing too much disruption? I've never heard anything from staff on this issue, although this possibility has been discussed at length even in the old EDF. Wondering whether it's a technical difficulty that keeps you from doing this.

Now, let's get this "general discussion" started ;) .

< Message edited by Rooster -- 7/28/2011 19:09:02 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/28/2011 19:10:58   
altimatum

Problem solved
No flaming
Post #: 2
7/28/2011 19:13:16   
elm street

im a non founder and it wouldnt bother me at all if the got to +8 or maybe even +9. its just one of those things... as long as it doesnt become op i dont see a problem with it

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 3
7/28/2011 19:13:25   
Epic Pwnser

I agree with your solution rooster.
Make a shop that allows founders (alpha too if possible) that allows an upgrade based on shop prices, not too low, but not too exorbitant.
^I agree with elm street. As long as the armor is not too too OP. Then I think this is agreeable.

< Message edited by Epic Pwnser -- 7/28/2011 19:14:23 >

Epic  Post #: 4
7/28/2011 19:14:30   
altimatum

This reminds me of the hide/show feature in DF
Post #: 5
7/28/2011 19:17:16   
pistol star

Hello, I was reading your thread and I agree with people who are saying founder armour needs a buff,
It needs a buff of +1 resistance/defence As this would make the founder players happy.
But only that small buff of +1 resistance/defence,
Anymore than this would make founder armour really OPED.
But to me founder armour doesn't need this as they have 2 slots more than the best line of armours (space warrior,warbot,telsa armour,bunnyborg)
All of the above is in my opinion

-Pistol

How Can I Be A Legend,Im Not Dead
AQW  Post #: 6
7/28/2011 19:21:04   
Angels Holocaust

@ Pistol Star

We founders need +2 resistance and our two extra entrancement slots is nothing compared to the +2 resistance that the space warrior, and bunny borg armor have.
Post #: 7
7/28/2011 19:21:15   
Epic Pwnser

^ (referring to pistol star xD)
Or +2 more def and res just now.
And later +10 +10 stat for higher lvl (35?).

+2 because I think founder's should have the ability to have at least 2 stats above the competition.
And 10 10 in the future, for the upgrade price.

My opinion as well.
Epic  Post #: 8
7/28/2011 19:23:46   
Rooster

I personally don't think founder armor should be better than any other armor in game. That would, rightfully, upset non-founders. But letting us upgrade it to the most recent armour for cash is, I think, an attractive option that will allow us to at least still wear it.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/28/2011 19:26:41   
pistol star

Angels and epic^
this would make founder OPed I know how you guys feel as I wouldn't like to see this happen to my armour.
I would like to see the devs equalize founder armour with bunny Borg and telsa as I like a compitition while battling,
I would like to see it equal, when telsa comes out it will be best armour in game.

< Message edited by pistol star -- 7/28/2011 19:27:03 >

How Can I Be A Legend,Im Not Dead
AQW  Post #: 10
7/28/2011 19:28:52   
King FrostLich

Founders won't be forgotten for crying out loud. Even if they won't be seen using their armor, the achievement is always at the first page :P.
Epic  Post #: 11
7/28/2011 19:31:34   
One Winged Angel1357

if your shelling out 1K Varium for a new armor why cant you shell out 1K varium for a lv 33 Founder armor that would shut you up for say 5 levels maybe 8
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/28/2011 19:34:39   
xxmirxx

I disagree angels you need plus 5 because by end of year top best armors will be plus 12. But I also think all armors should get payable buff time were they were introduced. So founders will have to wait to december same with space armor. I think thats fairest in all situation. But over course all of you think I stupid so my idea is just purely flamming.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/28/2011 19:35:21   
Rooster

That's exactly the point. Most founders would happily pay for it.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/28/2011 19:39:37   
One Winged Angel1357

i would like to point out that the more Buffs FDMA gets the less likely the Devs are to buff it in the future so ask for your buffs wisely
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/28/2011 19:41:07   
xxmirxx

Same with non founders I just want see buff in december because thats when founders were first introduced. But please remember are delta players already have tough so why now buff? If you support game then you should wait to december. Guys this what cindy said
quote:

We're not excluding the possibility of upgrades for founder armor, but it is not something that I can safely announce at this time

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 7/28/2011 19:42:45 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
7/28/2011 20:13:58   
H4ll0w33n

hmm good idea, I agree only if it is a one time thing, one founder buff, I dont want to see 3 months from now it becomes outdated again and every founder complains to buff it and making it stay as the best armor or second best. No item should stay on top forever imo.

Buff for founders armor shouldnt need to be paid for because its unfair to those without varium to do so, enhancements are already expensive enough.

The buff should make it match the newest armor but 1-2 less stats so new armors will still be better.
Post #: 17
7/28/2011 20:26:25   
rej

can i live with founder being buffed? unless its a buff so tiny, no one notices it, no.
why? because founder is just one armors. theres doezens of other rares in just as much need of buffing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/28/2011 20:33:31   
GreatWarrior08
Banned

There are Not much Founders In this game So i dont think Its gonna eb Unfair in battles?

And i think buffing it would Make people realize that Founder status Means something In game not just upgrading in a specific day and getting an armor.

So i think Founder Should Be Buffed Every year Like How Aqw gets Pets every year.

Which is pretty fair Because every year better armor will come so founder must be buffed.

And still There are not much People that has founders i haven't seen a founder since 6 months nw i think half of them quit or something.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/28/2011 20:37:09   
Nexus...

The problem for me was never if you had to pay for it or not. The problem is that YOU founders would be able to upgrade your rare, while anyone else with a perma-rare item would be left out in the cold. What about Rixtys and Bunnyzookas? You have received buffs to your armor already in the past, and I do not see why you should get any more unless other perma-rare item owners, get a buff everytime a slightly better aux/primary is released.

I mean honestly. The way EpicDuel is based, weapons and armors get left behind. Until all of my weapons get an option for a "revival", founder shouldn't even get the option to pay for anything else that exclusively benefits themselves.

-Prophet
Epic  Post #: 20
7/28/2011 20:40:27   
Angels Holocaust

The founder armor was never buffed. I for one know that for sure. Need I remind the players of this game? Founder is Ultra rare, the rarest of them all. No armor exceeds it in rarity.
Post #: 21
7/28/2011 20:43:52   
GreatWarrior08
Banned

I really agree with angel.

It was never Buffed. It has to be Buffed every year. Some of you guys are complaining Because you guys Diden't play when founder status was there and will tick you off and keep reminding you that u missed it :l

AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/28/2011 20:48:20   
GreatWarrior08
Banned

And isn't Tesla Armor A bit weaker than Founder Armor?
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/28/2011 20:49:42   
Nexus...

Founder stats were buffed at one point. Also what does the rarity matter? The rarity just means that, well, this armor is the rarest of them all, which is true. My bunnyzooka is the rarest auxiliary in the game. Can I get a buff to that? Rixtys are the rarest primary in the game, how about a buff to that.

You see what I am saying? Founders just got Ultra Rare as a bonus, to improve there rarity score. In essence, rixtys and bunnys should both have Ultra Rare tags, because they are the rarest of there type in game.

Logical, right?

-Prophet
Epic  Post #: 24
7/28/2011 20:50:53   
One Winged Angel1357

Angels you can say FDMA was never buffed but according to NW it was so i think you lose that fight
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Concerning armor discussion
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition