Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

ED 2009 - Present

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> ED 2009 - Present
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/29/2011 7:52:33   
...Sonya...
Banned

EpicDuel 2009 - Alpha Testing Stage Goes Live,Not many people played but the ones who did....ENJOYED IT. (UPDATES WEEKLY)
EpicDuel December 2009 - Founder Armor is Released With 5k Pack, Achievment with the smaller one(They didint know they wud get a cheevo) And Cheevo and Armor For 10k (UPDATES WEEKLY)
EpicDuel January 2010 - New Start For EpicDuel .... BETA! All founders recieved these mighty Strong Weapons And any whom purchased the 10k pack,Even though they were strong Non Variums still had a chance! (UPDATES WEEKLY)
EpicDuel March 2010 - Class Change Now available,Huge Success ( UPDATES WEEKLY)
EpicDuel August 2010 - Everyone is so Syched about Gamma coming,Beta cheevo goes rare for 3.5k . Gamma goes Live.(UPDATES WEEKLY)
EpicDuel August 2010 - Agility + Focus Were Released,Gamma bot Damage at 5 focus was 35+ in total,Mages were gutted,There mighty Heal loop was gone. (2 -3 Updates Delayed between now and october )
EpicDuel October/November 2010 - Enhancments Released For Armors And Primaries,Varium Only(The begining of the end For NoN vars) ( 3 Updates delayed between now and December )
EpicDuel December 2010 - The mighty George Lowe NPC Released(1st one to Talk)(And only one to VolumeTalk)The mighty STR BH Revived ) ( UPDATED WEEKLY TILL JANUARY )
EpicDuel January 2011 - Credit Enhancements Available (NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED BETWEEN NOW AND APRIL 2011) ( MANY UPDATES DELAYED)
EpicDuel April 2011 - Guns + Auxiliaries now Available For Enhancements ( 2 Updates delayed Between now and May 2011)
EpicDuel May 2011 - 2v1 ( Juggernaut Mode ) Released,The one weve Been waiting for so long is released.
EpicDuel June 2011 - Gamma comes to an end,Delta (costing 3 weeks worth of updates) Is released,3 New Classes Available 2v1 "boss" Mode released Major Success.
EpicDuel Present - One Class Stronger Then The rest, And armors taking 2 weeks,Too many bugs and balance gonna be 3 weeks.

WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY WENT WRONG?

PLEASE DONT POST IF YOU DIDINT REAL "ALL" OF THE ABOVE

Thanks - Sonya
Epic  Post #: 1
7/29/2011 8:20:39   
bighobbo

Founder Armor and Gamma. I'm really sick of all of this Founder stuff. It's amazing how the mods leave those threads open for discussion with the number of flaming going on in there. Also, Agility and Focus ruined the fun. I mean, putting a 4 turn cooldown on Field Medic was enough to nerf Heal Loopers. The Agility thing is unneeded really.

I also think that flags and war cannons were REALLY BAD IDEAS. Factions became boring after those were introduced. Of course, this only my opinion.

Basically, Gamma was where everything went wrong. It's also the phase where the power gap between varium and non-varium just kept on going wider with the introduction of robots and focus. Mercs would just go 45-45-45-45 and slam bots for free wins againts non-variums. Of course, maybe they'd lose 3% of the time againts them due to extreme unluckyness, but was that really fair?
Post #: 2
7/29/2011 8:28:03   
Lenofor

^ Agility is a reward for not getting ridiculous ammounts of HP, i support that and the same applies to focus, not to have 155 str or any other stat, to keep them balanced.
DF Epic  Post #: 3
7/29/2011 8:35:26   
The Shadow Dragon

quote:

EpicDuel August 2010 - Agility + Focus Were Released,Gamma bot Damage at 5 focus was 35+ in total,Mages were gutted,There mighty Heal loop was gone. (2 -3 Updates Delayed between now and october )
EpicDuel October/November 2010 - Enhancments Released For Armors And Primaries,Varium Only(The begining of the end For NoN vars) ( 3 Updates delayed between now and December )

Are you sure enchantments for armors and Focus for bots was realesed in 2010? I thought it was realesed in 2011...

And as for the question, IMO, August 2010 til June 2011 was total downhill. First week of delta they went uphill for a while, then the rest went downhill.

< Message edited by The Shadow Dragon -- 7/29/2011 8:39:47 >
Post #: 4
7/29/2011 8:37:48   
...Sonya...
Banned

Yes it was 2010 August when Focus + Agility and bots were released with the 10k pack,

And armor + primary enhancements came out at the same time ^_^

-Sonya
Epic  Post #: 5
7/29/2011 8:40:55   
The Shadow Dragon

@Sonya, Wasnt focus for damage realesed in '10? They changed the focus system from damage to bot's, dont remember when.

And if i remember, Armor ench's came a few weeks after the gun/aux ench's

< Message edited by The Shadow Dragon -- 7/29/2011 8:41:51 >
Post #: 6
7/29/2011 8:44:14   
Drianx

Nowhere. They did no major mistake, evolution means transformation. It always means happy people and sad people too.

- Updates are delayed because there's too much work for basically the same team.
- Coding has become complicated because the game itself became complicated.
- Some big features have been brought, but lag and bugs arrived too with them, and that takes time and alot of work to fix.
- There are alot of people who are screaming and yelling, demanding lots of stuff, because they bought varium and think they have this right. But do they? This means pressure.

Just imagine you must constantly put more apples in a bag that is already full.

Many people have suggestions, but sadly this forums structure does not encourage constructive criticism. even the best suggestions must be talked about, because they often need tweaks and adjustments, and also support. But remember, making a suggestion usually takes 5 minutes or so, but bringing it in the game might take weeks/months of work.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/29/2011 8:44:25   
8x

quote:

Epic  Post #: 8
7/29/2011 8:49:52   
...Sonya...
Banned

No armor Enhancements was released with primary 6-8 months before Gun/aux Dragon,Get ur facts STr8!

-Sonya
Epic  Post #: 9
7/29/2011 9:09:11   
The Shadow Dragon

Oh wait, i was wrong. But the bots did change in 2011.
Post #: 10
7/29/2011 9:21:13   
...Sonya...
Banned

Never said they didint dragon,But focus was Implemented in August With 7 Damage By Each Focus stat meaning 5 Focus = **-** + 35 Damage

-Sonya
Epic  Post #: 11
7/29/2011 12:37:16   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Excuse me! The beta updates were NOT weekly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 7/29/2011 12:47:38 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/29/2011 13:07:16   
xxmirxx

quote:

And armor + primary enhancements came out at the same time ^_^
actually armor enhancement came out later I think in december 2010.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> ED 2009 - Present
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition