Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What was your first faction, why did you quit?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What was your first faction, why did you quit?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2016 16:07:26   
  Exploding Penguin

This is a cool thread that really brings the community together and has a lot of other positive sides to it so I don't mind the necroposting. IMO stuff like this should get stickied but that's just my opinion.

That being said, obviously don't go necroposting in just any thread. This one is pretty timeless though so it's A-OK for me. Just make sure it doesn't spiral out of control into some sort of reminiscing thread about old phases because those aren't allowed after the overflow of them that we had a while back.

Have a happy holidays everyone!
Epic  Post #: 76
12/28/2016 16:59:05   
Gold Shock

My EpicDuel career of factions has mainly consisted of 1v1 factions. Hopefully I can give all of you 2v2 faction orientated players out their, a perspective from the 1v1 side of things. As Satafou mentioned, I am only human, and my memory has some voids in it pertaining to exact factions.

When people look at factions, they only look at the wins, they never see the preparation, planning, and effort that goes on behind the scenes.

Death Syndicate X: Simply put, I could write a biography on this faction. DSX was my first ever competitive faction before I hit the level cap back when it was 32. This faction is the first thought that comes to mind when I see the words "EpicDuel". The amount of emotional investment I have in this faction is unhealthy. Their are so many GOOD things about this faction I don't know where to start. The only reason I quit was because the faction announced its retirement. Let's start with introducing the iconic officers that were feared by many & controlled the leader-boards with high %'s.

Dax:
Founder, Leader, Main Recruiter.

Originally known as "Daphne", Dax started the DSX faction in early January 2009 with two other members. He quickly became the most well known and respected mage in 1v1 battles due to his knowledge of creating builds for all classes and his leadership skills in the faction. On the original EpicDuel forums, Dax was voted by players into the "Best Mage of Beta" by a considerable vote count. Dax was made a Moderator of Epicduel in June, 2009, and continued to have one of the best factions in the game. Dax was a fabulous Mage, he was the "Mage Doctor". If anyone needed help, he was always was there to aid. Seeing the progression and the building to what this faction is today, it was amazing. Keep in mind DSX had the most mods in a faction at one point. This shows the foundation the faction built for members.

Donna Matrix:
Co-Leader, Recruiter.

Donna Matrix was a moderator from AE that came over during the merge between AE and ED. She was originally the best member in her previous faction, but left and was recruited by Icy Glacier after the faction went inactive. Donna was ever-ready to go 24 hours straight to win a 1v1, 2v2 or World Domination title which makes her an incredibly valued player as well as a very motivational officer. Not long after joining DSX, she was promoted by Dax to co-leader and helped out with recruiting.

IcyGlacier: Co-Founder, Web Master.

IcyGlacier, better known as Icy, was one of the first members of DSX and founded it along with Dax and Corum. After a short leave, he returned with Donna and recruited her to DSX. Icy and Corum are known for convincing Dax to change faction flags and officer titles at random. Icy was rather comical. He was also an Archknight on the AEF and worked on all the website/forum work for DSX.

Corum: Co-Founder, DSX Art.

Corum was one of the oldest DSX faction members and is the only member to have a continued stay in DSX since day 1. However, due to his somewhat sporadic activity, he was always poked by Dax to be reminded to obtain weekly requirements. He was also the self-proclaimed chief slacker of Epicduel! However, he was incredibly loyal and was respected by most people in ED - even those who didn't like DSX.

Matgun: Matgun was in the faction for a long time and was active even when the faction went into a brief retirement. He interacted well and made friends quickly with the other DSX members.

The next thing I'd like to talk about, is the faction structure & how it was ran.

This was very straightforward and one of the many reasons I stayed so long. The requirements to join DSX were simple: Get 75 wins a day, donate 75 tokens to a flag each day and help out with 1v1 days. Obviously, it was expected that you be courteous to all other faction members and obey the other rules of the game(i.e. no cheating, hacking, trolling, etc.). Not following these rules would result removal from the faction. The requirements were somewhat flexible. As long as you where averaging them, you may earn more or less on a given day depending on your schedule. 1v1 day was Sunday. It is imperative that every member made at LEAST the requirements on that day. If your schedule permitted, you were to aim high on that day. If you had to be temporarily inactive, all you had to do was simply talk to Dax and something could be worked out.

Polar: This was my first faction. Pretty simple, small faction. Leaders name was " .kite. ", a founder BH. It was exile & I can remember donating a few tokens. I remained a non-varium through the duration of my stay here. I gained officer title before leaving.

The Hive:
I was not in this faction for long, it was a bit to inactive at the time for me. However in saying that, I will not undermine the imprint this faction has left on the game. Hive has been an historical staple faction within the Epic Duel community. As many of you already now, the leader was a founder named "Shadeeze". The faction was created just to really have fun. While many factions disbanded (it is still active to this day), this faction remained focused. It was like a family, even though many members came and left, you were still considered " Hive". Hive actually grew so much it split into 2 factions with 1 in each faction alignment. Both factions had the same HIVE ideals & the same rules were applied. Shadeeze was also one of the founders of "Federation Elite". I think id be kidding myself and the community if I didn't mention Nemesis30. He did quite a bit for Hive, and I know if we had time to acknowledge all the dedicated players in the Hive, this guy would have received a big THANK YOU.

BATTLE TESTED:
Around some time after DSX, I joined Battle tested. The Leader was Ashtonsdad. Very Unique player and had always been extremely kind. A workhorse player, and always had the uncanny ability to create a new faction and make it successful with no transition time. Now from here, my memory gets a bit fuzzy. I want to say this faction made it to all-time 1v1 and world dominations. They competed heavily with BkoC (Black Knights of Chaos). There was 1 or 2 all-time players in this faction as well as some honorable mentionable players.

Kings of Chaos: No clue who the leader was. All I know is I have a picture saved of me in the faction.

The Ruthless Brigade:
Same as above, I simply have a picture of me in the faction. I'm taking a guess that the leader was either Iamawesome, Yo gotti, or Matgun. Don't know the exact, but this faction had an respectable amount of medals.

Legit: Somewhere down the line I found myself in legit. Leader, Angels Holocaust: BH that used an energy sword and Reflex boost, when the rest of the world used Phys blades and massacre; this is something few people could have predicted, and it changed EpicDuel forever. This faction had some cool officers: Bunjira, Trizkial, DBAG, Helloguy, LambO. I left this faction on my own and immediately deleted Angles holocaust as I did not want to be raged at. Now ladies and gentleman, this is hard to explain if you weren't around back than but the leader "Angels Holocaust" a founder player, was a bit hot headed in the community aspect of the game. There were many player complaints about the way Angels handled the faction ranging from random kicks, to rage-filled Player Messages. Angels spoke his mind for everyone to see in the old ED forums and the current AEF. With all the negative I just mentioned, this faction however, still remained highly competitive along with many loyal players. This faction was even around when "THREE STARS AND A SUN" was in its prime & both went head-to-head.

HAX: Around when Jugguernaut was released I joined my first non-1v1 faction "HAX". Led by Latin Lover, this faction led the Juggernaut all-time #1 spot for some time. HAX owned most dailys consecutively, 18 in 19 days. HAX, had already passed Lords Eddye who dominated the jugg mode in only 2-3 months!! The faction was made with The Bomb Expert (Now leader of Da Bomb Squad; a 2v2 fac). It was a chill faction with some beta friends like Sundance, I am A Walrus and many others.. And thats how HAX started. If you have very active members and you pull out the best you can surpass anybody like HAX did. Unfortunately, my interest in the game had nullified and I went inactive for some time leading to my kick. HAX FACTION

Undaground Soljaaz:
This was my first pure 2v2 faction. Would be great if someone could tell me who the leader was, I think it was Shadanae. Undaground

Black Knights Of Chaos:
Black Knights of chaos was created before they even had faction badges, WOW! Leader was Sir Lazarus. Laz was a well known mercenary that used his iconic Frostbane back in beta, also with massive dex; he outclassed most strength bounties and heal loop mages with low level intimidates. As I mentioned with Angles Holocaust, Lazarus kicked many players without warning and for odd rational. I even heard he kicked someone for telling him a joke that he took to seriously. I can't remember the reasoning behind my kick actually. Although I know it wasn't anything malicious I did, I think it had something to do with the amount of wins for 1 day. However, Lazarus was always loyal to the faction & why it is still up their in All-time leader-boards to this day.

MEGANET: The leader was KEEP WALKING. I never had much interest in this faction when it was first created in Delta. However, I joined in Omega when Keep Walking made his return. I was their until he quit again and everyone left. This is probably one of the only factions in Omega that had some HARSH daily win requirements. This faction did have some domination in Delta but their was one problem with it. I don't really feel the domination of factions like Control Alt Death or Meganet were that exciting. Sorry, but making all your members class change and use the same OP Build and racking up wins does not simply mean your a good faction off the get-go. MEGANET FACTION

The Royal Blood:
This was a faction that was made in Delta. The leader was an 1v1 all-timer "TestBuild". TestBuild, the one and only, you ask where the Berserker+Field Commander builds came from, well heres the source. A Father to the mercenary class, he often used a Max Berserker, Phys gun, intimidate, and Hybrid Armour. TestBuild had been an original member of THREE STARS AND SUN back in alpha. Once V3 disbanded the faction, Testbuild quit until Delta. One thing to add that many people didn't know is when he made this faction, he changed his name to XxCoyotexX. He later adverted to his original name TestBuild. A few noteworthy players that were in the faction were Velvet Cheeks, AxeOFury, and Da bomb expert. This faction obtained 7 1v1 medals. The faction was never disbanded. The Royal Blood

Variation: This was a faction I joined in Omega. The leader was Variation, who did not have the founder achievement on this account, but did have another account that did have it. Now let me be the first to say this was a "The Evil Council Reborn" which is a VERY honorable comparison. This faction, although not of many members & always having some vacant spots, had the most stacked roster in Omega phase. When I say stacked, I mean win %'s & some very hardcore players. Members consisted of PRIMAL ASSASSIN, ConQrR, Jai Ho, Cosmic Emperor, Optimise/Fahim, Narcissus. Basically, this faction consisted of many original TEC members. I compare this faction to The Evil Council so much because its demeanor & how it functioned was the same. HARDCORE players, but at the same time no win REQ's & when they got medals, it just kind of happened unplanned. I'm pretty sure you can guess how many "OMG HACKS $%&# CHEATER" accusations were made. This faction also had 2 members that were on all-time battle mode leader boards. Another thing I really liked about this faction, was entrance to join. Variation was really strict and professional about who was allowed to join. I think this emphasized the honor it was see the few selected members with the title "Variation" under there name :)

OLD GLORY: Led by Wiseman108/Wiseman/Wizeman. As many of you know, Wiseman is a founder that created Knights of the Round back in Alpha phase. He was a moderator within that time span and ended up quitting for 2-3 years. Back to present time omega, he returned. He ended up disbanding Knights of the round and creating "Old Glory". Now to anyone wanting to know why he Disbanded Knights of the round, I will explain. When he came back, he had a full faction of Officers & members that hadn't logged for a few years or simply just weren't active. He on the other hand, wanted to start playing the game again along with an active faction. Instead of kicking every member and recruiting, and let me tell you, many had HUGE amounts of influence. His solution was just to Message every player telling them why he was disbanding and starting " Old Glory". In his words, he wanted to "go down with the sinking ship" .The Old Glory faction was only open to old players from Alpha/beta/gamma or of course any close friends of Wiseman. Wiseman applied for his moderator a second time and successfully regained it. This faction had the most amount of Alpha/Founder players in Omega with a total of 7. Wiseman in the end, quit again.

Knights of The Round: This faction had a real cool theme which was Honor/Brotherhood/Justice. Anyone was welcomed to the faction that could follow the rules and that were loyal members. The first thing you need to know why I enjoyed my stay in this faction, is because it was about having fun, "If Its not fun, don't do it." Secondly, the rules would change to compensate the current competition. This faction was as good as its members. Members that were strong, funny, and nice. KOTR had about 6 spots open around the time I joined. Goldslayer1, Vix, Deathknightmare, Ice wolf x, Mamaril decided to all join Knights of The Round. KOTR actually had such a huge waiting list that required them to create a second faction "Squires of the round". This was the faction you would join until their was a spot open in KOTR.

Control Alt Death:
There were 2 CADs (Both founded by VIX). The first one was during mid january to mid february of 2011. it only lasted about a month, and racked up about 26 dailies in a month. During this time DSX was in their 90s in dailies. Vix ended up disbanding due to college commitments. The faction split up for about 3 months and came back in june 2011 (During late gamma). This was after vix was done with college. Most of the old Core members (Vix, Ice Wolf, staber, Mamaril, Goldslayer1, Deathnightmare, and others) came back. Turkishincubus later joined as a co-leader. Turkish & Goldslayer1 were the build makers for the faction, supplying builds to members if they needed them. (Much like Dax used to with DSX). Lots of these "OP" builds, were passed on to the faction to gain the competitive advantage over others. Some builds that CAD made included SC dex mage, Str Tlm, Dex heal loop CH, mass CH, (str, tank, mid str/sup), 139 HP str BH variation, dex TLM, 5 focus SS TLM, str BM (fireball/zerker, Fireball/bludgeon variations), and many others. I ended up joining at what phase I can't remember. I ended up quitting the game in this faction and obviously got kicked.

Da Bomb Squad: I joined this faction in Gamma. One of my favorite members of the faction "CounterNUKEmissle" convinced me to join. The leader "Da Bomb Expert" now known as "Teufel Hunden", was once the Co-Leader/Co-Founder of HAX before leaving. Da Bomb Expert helped recruit the top players in HAX, that helped the faction run as well as it did back in the day. Eventually, some of those players moved on to join him in Da bomb Squad. The best way to describe this faction is as a "Elite" faction. Now I use the word "Elite" to describe factions that ended up staying alive and becoming great. Back in gamma, there was an original Da Bomb Squad that ended up being disbanded. This one had 32 2v2 wins and some great players. When the Bomb Squad finally made it's return, I noticed that there were many key ideas to him running a successful faction. I think his persona of leadership in whole, is really what makes his faction incredible and everlasting. He Utilized the Head Quarters and the Head Quarters Note Bot. He was always using it to talk about goals and aspirations for fac, dailies, flags, etc. This really made it personal & less of a blind pursuit of medals. Now in EpicDuel faction history, there have been a few factions that used varium to bribe. Not once has he ever done this, and IMO it only tarnishes your factions reputation and makes your members look desperate. When I was in Bomb Squad and HAX, both leaders treated everyone & myself like a family. A family of individuals.

Truly Clutch: Not a day goes by that I don't regret seeing Truly Clutch on leaderboards. Believe it or not, Titan mentioned Truly Clutch in one of the design videos here at 4:08. This faction is truly VERY old. Another thing to note is this faction had a hacker tear it apart, losing some of its medals. The founder of this faction currently is known as "Clutch". He had two other names which were "The Clutch One" & "Clutch himself". I did always love the faction name "Truly Clutch". I would consider this guy a pro because he truly understood the mechanics of the game and could make a build all on his own. This faction came back from the dead & started recruiting just before Omega and had the most 1v1 wins done by a faction in Omega. Truly Clutch 1v1 record This was one of the more fun competitive factions. I think that alone, motived me to play. This faction was indeed "Legendary".

The Dead End:
My current faction for the majority of omega. The first aspect of this faction & why I wanted to join, is it's leader, Lord Machaar. Mach is a former "The Evil Council" member & that was really something respectable to me. I knew what to expect from him as in terms of how his faction was going to be led. This faction has earned every title/medal to date with no use of alts. The faction is very layed back and operates in the same manor as The Evil Council/Variation. Not once have I seen or heard Mach ask for wins. He simply just emails the whole faction on what day is a planned title day. Many of the titles were earned with many members in a period of retirement or not even a full faction roster. This faction has remained patient enough to compete with some more powerhouse/active factions. I hate factions that demand a certain amount of influence, like they don't realize their is a human being behind the screen. Therefore this is why I prefer semi-casual factions. Machaar has always stayed focused and continued to build the faction how he sees fit. When I am here, it feels more like a family, rather than a chore to just be led by a tyrant who only thinks of faction titles. Everyone has their own private life & I think he really gets that. I feel like an individual that has grown a lot in this faction. Loyalty and friendship are the greatest treasures.

< Message edited by Gold Shock -- 12/30/2016 18:27:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
12/28/2016 19:18:44   
Kanbaru

The First and less Important Faction I joined back In beta is Unknown for me, I didn't know what was a faction but after I reached lvl 10 and Unlocked Massacre a random player invited me I accepted, I was happy and then I visited the HQ and it was amazing being in there with all the members.
It was a Noob Faction but I cannot forget what I felt when i joined a faction for the first time.

The Jarmello Clan: This was the first Real Faction I joined, it wasn't the best but most of the members were Non Varium, After Buying The Predator armor (Best Non var armor to date back then) and the maple cleaver, Bob the Jarmello Invited me and told me the Requirements needed per day so I accepted. I met a lot of better Non Varium Players and I was happy that their win rate was way better than mine as a Non varium, So I started to learn from Them Until becoming way better than them, It was fun and I managed to learn a lot During this Period of time, I left when Gamma Phase came out and I bough my first varium package with the Gamma bot.

Legit: I joined this faction weeks after getting my first varium package, after defeating an Officer of this faction 3 times in a row he added me and Recruited me after, This Faction wasn't as fun as The Jarmello Clan but it was way better Competitive wise, I left after a few weeks.

Death Syndicate X: I joined this faction after Donna matrix wanted to recruit me after saying I was really good in battle for defeating her, She told me the Requirements but I said that I was going to try my best, I tried but I just wasn't that active, So I decided to leave.

After Being FactionLess for a week......

I Joined Knights Of The Round with Wiseman, I won my first 1v1 here and it was really fun being there but after a friend wanted me in his Faction I decided to leave.

Ill finish the rest later.

Post #: 78
12/30/2016 0:34:12   
Daph Duck

umm at first i joined a bunch of random noob factions that i dont even remember the name of
then there was PINK LEGION omar cheated on me afterwards it was really sad.
i think i was in one of ND MALLETS factions
i joined girls and legions of buffy she was so nice to me!!! i love her
then i was in BLACK TRUST's faction kidness and compassion she was so nice to me
so then my other account hypnotized i was in ayasofya conqrrrrr's first faction he kicked me 4 being inactive
then i joined some other factions i dont remember LOL!!!!!!!
on PAIGE HYLAND i was in elite soldiers REIGN WAS THE BEST LEADER
then i joined variation cause ~vari~(but he kicked me)
i joined some other noob faction for like a few days
THEN I MADE TEAM FANCY WITH MY GIRLFRIEND ELISA SHOUTOUT TO ELISA
then i joined variation again
then umm..... idk i think i remade team fancy... or i made a faction called MURDER yeah MURDER
I joined rare legends then left and I joined sotelos faction xxrevolutionxx
then sotelo quit so i joined mr nice guys faction the eighteen
then mr nice guy disbanded so i joined RACING
THEN I JOINED CRUSHERS GENERATION X
Then I left n idk I made team fancy deleted team fancy made team fancy again.. And now I'm in my own faction

I've snipped some parts out of this post that didn't comply with the general forum rules. Please make sure you follow the rules.
~Exploding Penguin

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 12/30/2016 15:03:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
12/30/2016 1:52:40   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

Black Knights of Chaos - First competitive faction I was in. Left because a lot of people started leaving and the faction wasn't as competitive anymore.
Knights of the Round - Came here to chill with Wiseman, iRhian, and Ashari. Very chill and competitive group of players.
Renegade Masters - Came here to chill with G00NY, left to become active again.
Death Syndicate X - Made my home here during their peak in Gamma from around November 2010 to January of 2011 before Dax retired. Probably my favorite faction since I was with them when we set the record w/ 11K 1vs1 wins in a day. People like to talk about DSX as one of the best factions, but the dedication of the players in DSX is incomprehensible unless you were actually apart of this faction. We even had IcyGlacier set up a forum and website dedicated especially for the faction. The behind-the-scenes planning was pretty intense, especially for when we broke the 1vs1 record. I will forever regret leaving this faction when they went inactive.
Control alt Death - Joined as the 7th player in CaD I think after two of my best friends in-game, Vix and Ice Wolf X, convinced me to help them set up one of them most dominate factions in the history of ED.

Bounced around a couple of other factions like 3 Stars and a Sun when V3g came back and Blackwood Mercenary Corps, led by the retired mod, Grun Teufel.

Basically seen everything ED has to offer in terms of faction play and can honestly say that new players will never experience the true competitiveness that factions held against each other back in Gamma and early-mid Delta. Now I'm sitting in CaD wondering what the heck happened to all these great players that quit over the years.

< Message edited by Mr.Pablo Jr. -- 12/30/2016 2:00:44 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
12/30/2016 15:00:10   
  Exploding Penguin

Hey everyone, I've clipped some of the older posts prior to my last one on this thread that were kinda off-topic. Not a big deal at all, I was just cleaning up a bit since I forgot to earlier. I also had to do a small bit of cleaning that I'm really not too happy about; I left this thread open so everyone can have a great time talking about their faction experiences and whatnot, so please make sure you treat this thread well.

I really don't want to start handing out any warnings or anything else similar, so please don't make me regret my decision of keeping this thread open.

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 12/30/2016 15:32:56 >
Epic  Post #: 81
12/30/2016 17:03:43   
8x

I guess I might as well post too.

First at around level 11 I joined a faction called Nemisseses or something like that, at that point their leader had already quit playing and they only had one officer. Later I joined some "Deadly something" faction. Later that day, at level 29 I joined Super Freaks United. I was going for a daily 2vs2 and I guess they were too, so they snatched me up. Then a few matches later some girl said to me "I know that's you Illuminator". I was like "Who?". Later I found out that this Illuminator guy was actually the leader of my faction...

< Message edited by 8x -- 12/30/2016 17:05:39 >
Epic  Post #: 82
12/30/2016 17:10:43   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Can only remember being in The Evil Council, which was in Gamma. Might have been my first faction unless there's a way it can be checked?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What was your first faction, why did you quit?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition