Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Skins or Buffs?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Skins or Buffs?
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/30/2011 20:54:45   
One Winged Angel1357

As i am sure you all have noticed the Founders of ED have been asking for a buff for awhile now. Its an reasonable thing to ask for because Founders beelive they should be the best which i will not contest as it is futile.

But now AEF ED GD i have a simple question would you rather the Devs give a Buff to our beloved Founders of +8 Res for a cost, which is a proposal i heard from a Founder so that their armor is "usable". Or would you rather see a skin system implemented in which any user can use Armor A for a skin and Armor B for its stats.

Be reasonable guys, what do you think would be a fair founder perk that wouldn't leave non-Founders at a disadvantage.

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/30/2011 20:57:35   
Deimos...

:o I just thought of that yesterday! I thought of it cuz it seems they love the founder look and the new telsa armor is better than TM founder. So what if they used telsa stats with founder skin?
Epic  Post #: 2
7/30/2011 20:59:26   
BurningFlames

I Support the second the idea :) Good thinking

< Message edited by BurningFlames -- 7/30/2011 21:24:11 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/30/2011 21:00:08   
One Winged Angel1357

Burning i got two ideas up there which do you support
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/30/2011 21:03:16   
xxmirxx

One Winged Angel1357 this was goldslayer idea first. He said this long ago when bunny armor was out.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
7/30/2011 21:05:42   
InceptionAE

@xxmirxx

I don't know who's idea it is but it's a good one. Supported.

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/30/2011 21:05:54   
One Winged Angel1357

then he can claim it Mir im just getting it out to the masses to see plus i never claimed ownership also ive ben tossing around the Skin idea in my head since Seraph Armor came out becuase i would much rather look like a High Priest
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/30/2011 21:06:08   
goldslayer1

i would say give them the skin idea. its time for founders to jump on the band wagon and buy the next strongest armor like the rest of ED those

@mir
its fine lol, he can suggest it himself if he wants to.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 7/30/2011 21:07:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/30/2011 21:08:05   
rej

skins. though i might support buffs instead, just to stop all the whining.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/30/2011 21:11:06   
goldslayer1

meh
i still dont support buffs.
its about time founders dropped for good.
if they buff it once, just once, every founder will ask for a buff again when it becomes weaker. and then we have to go thru all of this again.
and founders will have no need to buy other armors since they already got one for free and it keeps getting buffed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/30/2011 21:11:53   
ajs777

i dont like the idea of skins, because then they will start releasing skins like crazy, making more lags and turn this game into just about what every other online game turns into, digital barbies -_-
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/30/2011 21:12:10   
Angels Holocaust

This isn't aqworlds, founders never asked for a buff, it was an upgrade. Making skins is just more work for Titan.
Post #: 12
7/30/2011 21:13:17   
goldslayer1

:/
well some people dont understand how the skin system would work.
maybe i should ask frostlich to make picture of how it would look
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/30/2011 21:13:56   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Im so bored of seeing these threads.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/30/2011 21:14:50   
xxmirxx

Why not for all armors because I bet females would like to have goth as skin and have  Tesla Armor stats.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
7/30/2011 21:15:38   
Angels Holocaust

This is another conspiracy against founders, there afraid of the upgrade that's why they want to distract us with skins. Nice try guys but we're not stupid enough to fall for it.
Post #: 16
7/30/2011 21:16:07   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

That was actually what we'd intended way at the beginning of the game, that items wouldn't have stats, you'd have to buy the level/stat enhancements for them. But one of the appeals of the game is getting to the higher level to get the new weapons. So, our idea was to have this option available for very rare items- in both premium and free flavors- because we don't want everyone to have to get the new seasonal rares to remain competitive. That's not our intention at all!
Post #: 17
7/30/2011 21:16:40   
ajs777

quote:

Why not for all armors because I bet females would like to have goth as skin and have Tesla Armor stats.

actually i think your the one who want them to -_-

oh i understand perfectly how skins would work, just like AQW you have your class and your armor, no, i hate fashion games
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/30/2011 21:16:57   
redxtra

i would have to say skins because if founders would like to pay for a buff they might as well buy new armor just because the buff might just be as much as new armor
and plus the skin could be toggled on and off in the options.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/30/2011 21:17:26   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

i dont like the idea of skins, because then they will start releasing skins like crazy, making more lags and turn this game into just about what every other online game turns into, digital barbies -_-

Skins would be an armor slot that Ignores stat mods and Def/Res but also will show over your armor so they wouldnt have to release a skin they would just release Armors like normal.

@ Angels i never claimed that founders asked for a buff so your statement is invalid im srry

@chosen one There is a simple solution if your tired of seeing these topics once you read the first post and see its about this just ignore the topic its what i do on many topics
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/30/2011 21:19:37   
Sparticus

I don't want either.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 7/30/2011 21:21:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/30/2011 21:22:55   
goldslayer1

@cinderella
IMO founders should not be buffed.
for that long that time when founders reigned ED for over a year and a half, players like me had to keep buying the next best thing that came close to founders. while founders didn't need to buy armor because they already had the best one from the start, and lasted a long time.

not to mention that rares should not be buffed. buffing rares upsets the balance for people who dont have that rare.
for seasonal buffin is understandable because the items are buffed when it comes back the next year, and players have a chance at getting it again. but rares is just a whole different story.

thats why the skin solution is the best idea to solving the problems.
giving founders their founder skin, so they can buy for example tesla armor, and wear the founder skin over it. they would look like founders while having the stats of tesla armor. this will not just benefit founders however. this will benefit all of ED. specially females who dont want to wear armors like bunny borg because they look like dudes in them, if they bougt a skin of gothic hunter for example
they could wear the gothic hunter skin while having bunny borg stats.

quote:

skins would be released like normal armors. in fact skins would be twice less than armors.
there are 2 female tesla armors, there would only be 1 skin.
2 male armors, only 1 skin.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/30/2011 21:26:11   
One Winged Angel1357

So cindy the origanal Idea was to buy the Power for the Gear not the Gear for the Power so like a combo of Buffs and Skins

becuase you can buy whatever power you want for your Gear and not have to worry about what your gear looks like

thats the vibe im getting from your post but please do correct me if im wrong
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/30/2011 21:26:27   
ajs777

quote:

skins would be released like normal armors. in fact skins would be twice less than armors.
there are 2 female tesla armors, there would only be 1 skin.
2 male armors, only 1 skin.

just look at what happened to AQW when they released armors, all of a sudden they didnt have to add stats and they just started pumping out armors like crazy now its a lag storm and all about looks and fashion, if skins were released it would only be a matter of time before the same thing happens
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/30/2011 21:30:56   
One Winged Angel1357

ajs the Devs would continue on as normal releasing new Armors like they should every month or two or three whatever they see it fit for a new armor and you can choose to move your current armor to the Skin slot or Sell it and get the new armor

Simply said ajs Skins would never be a classification only Armors which give Stat mods so they devs would be less likely to flood them
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Skins or Buffs?
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition