Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Skins or Buffs?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Skins or Buffs?
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2011 21:00:06   
One Winged Angel1357

Fay your a breath of fresh air

now Gold suggested 250 varium and 1.1K credits for Varium armor skins which in turns saves you money becuase if you have Bunny for stats but want Marine for looks dont shell out 950 varium and 10Kish credits no save a bunch giving you more money while still keeping ED running

being such a long standing member of teh ED community and a highly active one at that what do you think about his idea
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 176
8/1/2011 21:01:07   
Angels Holocaust

@ Shadow Jester

For your information Lambo is one of the best players in this game, I don't insult people, I tell the truth and if you don't like it, tough.

@ Fay Beee

Congratulations, your going along with the crowd and telling people what they want to hear, what's new?

@ Pokepwner

You honestly think that I care about the 1,000 varium? I spit on that, we never asked for 1,000 varium so i could care less about it.
Post #: 177
8/1/2011 21:03:49   
pokepwner

@Angel

Then why should they buff an armor for players who aren't grateful enough to get free varium? An attitude like that is a reason why people label founds as greedy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
8/1/2011 21:04:45   
Shadow Jester

Eh..You do insult people through. At the same time as telling the truth. Thats what makes you my friend. I get to know what i did wrong so i try to improve.

Well he talks about himself alot.
AQW Epic  Post #: 179
8/1/2011 21:10:51   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Man why can't you peeps get this heated over the current issues instead of new release ideas?

So many problems with this game I don't understand why there's any suggestions other than fix this.

A ton of these issues affect actual game play as well. What a shame...
AQW Epic  Post #: 180
8/1/2011 21:11:14   
DeathGuard

Angels low down that pride of yours to the superiors and that is Fay Beee, that is what makes founders looks like greedy and foolish persons, their pride.
On topic: I think all founders should get skin, anyways the ones with the armor don't lose nothing when the the founders without armor will receive it or do you?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 181
8/1/2011 21:20:53   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Ummm Fays discussion reigns supreme over noones. 100k + wins doesn't make you better than anyone else. That just means you have the time to button mash.

I'm sure she would say the same thing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 182
8/1/2011 21:27:56   
One Winged Angel1357

Death while that is very true it does prove that Angels does not speak for every founder which is the vibe she sends off but taking a stab at possibly the nicest player in EpicDuel is in no way ok in my book

anyway back on topic i talked it over with Gold in PM and im giving my support to his idea of paying for a cheaper skin of an armor that is currently out and if we still use this cursed LQS idea i figure we can somehow work Skins into LQS by say a bundle of you get the Armor and the Skin
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 183
8/1/2011 21:30:59   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Well I hope if they do end up implementing a skin feature it has absolutely nothing to do with current styles.

I dunno about you all but I want totally new looks. I'm not all about this becoming a dress up game like AQW or HeroSmash, but new styles would be refreshing.

Lets leave the current looks alone and move forward :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 184
8/1/2011 21:31:09   
Sageofpeace

@ and whos the nicest player in epicduel i would love to me him/her
Post #: 185
8/1/2011 21:35:14   
goldslayer1

ok guys this is a topic for skins, not buffing founders.
anyways
as it stands there are 2 options for the skin system.
its OWAs idea where u have to put the armor in the skin slot to make u appear that way.
or my idea where u just purely buy the skin and equip it. all founders (including those without the armor) would get the skin.

the skins will cost 25% of the original armor price.
so if the armor is 1k varium and 10k credits. (for varium armors) the skin price would be 250 varium and 2500 credits.
and for credit only armors it should be 75% of the original price, so if its 10k credits, the skin should be 7500 (% may be lowered accordingly)
this gives players alot more variety in looks. so this would be a nice feature that doesn't cost so much and will be widely used by ED (specially females), while it wont cost much it would still serve its purpose of giving players variety.

now as i said earlier it gives founders to use their skin over any other armor that buy.
so if a founder bought tesla, he would be able to equip it and then use the founder skin and look like a founder while actually wearing tesla armor and having the stats of tesla armor.

NOTE: i would like to ask founders to keep their pointless buff demands out of this topic.
this is for skins and not buffing an armor.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/1/2011 21:54:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 186
8/1/2011 21:40:42   
One Winged Angel1357

actully Gold i said Buff or Skins so players can argue Buffs if they can back up a reason why it is better but so far no one has delivered

and i think a slight drop in teh F2P percent drop might be needed after i crunch some numbers but for now its fine
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 187
8/1/2011 21:43:15   
DeathSpawn
Banned

quote:

i would like to ask founders to keep their pointless buff demands out of this topic.

You do realize your one of the main causes of flamming in this forum? Every thread I see you post in turns into a flame war...

That statement has no place here and needs to be edited.

The first sentence was enough.

quote:

ok guys this is a topic for skins, not buffing founders.

Personally I would hate seeing a Tesla armor dressed as a Bunny Borg or whatever the case may be. Lets make some new looks that makes the skin obvious to others.

Aren't you tired of seeing the same looks over and over?
AQW Epic  Post #: 188
8/1/2011 21:49:09   
One Winged Angel1357

i know quoting a post above is considered spam or something but i only wish to direct comments at one part thus i shall quote it
quote:

Personally I would hate seeing a Tesla armor dressed as a Bunny Borg or whatever the case may be. Lets make some new looks that makes the skin obvious to others.

As Calli said earlier in the topic she would use Tesla, or was it bunny, for stats and Seraph for looks now thats a new look for a Varium user Seraph Armor

so the idea would allow the older, and in my opinion, better looking armors a chance to shine once more becuase how often do you see the old NPc armors or the orignal armors in use now and maybe people will use the lv 15 armors NW sells which are so so but definitly unique
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 189
8/1/2011 21:52:55   
goldslayer1

quote:

You do realize your one of the main causes of flamming in this forum? Every thread I see you post in turns into a flame war...

That statement has no place here and needs to be edited.

The first sentence was enough.

hmm, well im sorry that the truth hurts. however from the eyes of many others it is founders that start the flame wars on the founder topic.

if a founder say their armor should be buffed. i will respond with the truth and try to get my point across even if it means typing paragraphs.
however of course if a founder says their armor should be buffed, and then i say it shouldn't and slap them with the truth, they get butt hurt and call that flaming.

quote:

why would there need to be any obviousness in the looks?
just simply add another info text on the profile when it gets clicked in battle telling us what armor they are actually wearing.

quote:

u mean the ones with the latest armor?
yes i am, i would like to look like something else.
perhaps a necro mage. or desert marine.

OHH BTW guys skins should have no class requirement. so mercs and BH could use skins like necro mage.
and BH and mage could use skins like desert marine.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/1/2011 21:54:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 190
8/1/2011 21:57:21   
One Winged Angel1357

Gold im giving a big Veto to that one i mean we have enough issues with Omniclass armors such as Tesla Bunny and Warbot i would prefer not to give people more chances to confuse the hell out of their enemies
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 191
8/1/2011 21:59:19   
goldslayer1

@OWA
ahh. well i guess thats understandable.
hmm that cuts down variety by alot in the looks department.
but like i said, when u click the profile it should either show the true armor or say what armor it is.
plus this is a nice way for players to be more astute
AQW Epic  Post #: 192
8/1/2011 22:00:08   
DeathSpawn
Banned

@Gold

Your the most defensive player I've met on this game tbh with you. You need to reword your posts otherwise it just keeps this nonsense up.

quote:

if a founder say their armor should be buffed. i will respond with the truth and try to get my point across even if it means typing paragraphs

Why can't a founder discuss a buff? Is that somewhere in the rules I didn't read? This continuing bashing you seem to be doing is definitely in the rules I can tell ya that much. You keep posting over and over the same hate speech and it needs to stop.

Not sure what's wrong with your real life bro but some peeps are trying to have logical discussions here and don't need your continuing bashing on the same subjects.

quote:

u mean the ones with the latest armor?
yes i am, i would like to look like something else.
perhaps a necro mage. or desert marine.

So the same armors already out? I'm talking about new styles that have nothing to do with already released items. If Nightwraith doesn't have the time to draw the stuff up why not grab someone like Nulgath? That dudes art is my style pho sho
AQW Epic  Post #: 193
8/1/2011 22:08:21   
goldslayer1

quote:

Why can't a founder discuss a buff? Is that somewhere in the rules I didn't read? This continuing bashing you seem to be doing is definitely in the rules I can tell ya that much. You keep posting over and over the same hate speech and it needs to stop.

i never said they shouldn't discuss it. i said i would give reasons with the truth as to why it shouldn't be buffed. that is in no way telling the founders who asked for a buff to stop. idk why u assume its that way.
also it might be the "same thing over and over" however thats also the same case for founders, they just put up answers like
"the armor is unique and we deserve"
"it was promised to be the best armor in the game"
"we are founders and we should be above others"

so this is basically founders asking whats 1 + 2
i will reply with 3.
and if they keep asking whats 1 + 2
i will keep replying with 3.
those that sound like saying the same thing over and over?
and keep in mind that i may say the same thing over and over, however i put thoughts into my post and say what i feel on the matter.

quote:

Not sure what's wrong with your real life bro but some peeps are trying to have logical discussions here and don't need your continuing bashing on the same subjects.

i remember telling someone that each time a founder says " founder armor should be buffed" that i would be there replying why it shouldn't be. dont take that as hate, but founders dont deserve a buff. they reigned ED for over a year and a half. if thats not long enough for them to realize that everything eventually dies, then are they truly deserving of the armor in the 1st place?

quote:

So the same armors already out? I'm talking about new styles that have nothing to do with already released items. If Nightwraith doesn't have the time to draw the stuff up why not grab someone like Nulgath? That dudes art is my style pho sho

nulgath is a good artist IMO his best master piece so far is void knight armor
however this isn't AQW, the templates for drawing armors here are much different than AQW so it would take nulgath a while to get use to it.
not to mention that he works for AQW not ED, so if he were to make an armor for ED, ED will have to check with his boss.
AQW Epic  Post #: 194
8/1/2011 22:13:26   
DeathSpawn
Banned

Well I've said my peace and every post proves my point.

Anyway I'm not 100% sure, as I could careless what the devs do in real life, but aren't the artists and everyone working in the same place in the underground lab in Florida?

Not sure why it would be so hard to snatch someone up that's not busy to help out with stuff...
AQW Epic  Post #: 195
8/1/2011 22:18:13   
goldslayer1

@death
well cindy lives in canada (according to her twitter)
so idk.

also dont take my post as flaming, i dont hate founders. i just hate the fact that they ask for more aside from all that they already gotten.
and some founders would say im flaming them. but most of the founders asking for buff aren't giving much reasoning behind their debate, while i am. but at this point its just pointless for them to try because they repeat the same thing over and over again "buff founders" but they dont give real valid reasons as to why they deserve it and how they think it would affect the rest of the community and if they are even important to them at all. (in some cases some founders might not even care for the rest)

now can we please get back on topic about the skins?
i wouldn't want another founder to think im flaming again.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/1/2011 22:26:02 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 196
8/1/2011 22:30:16   
Angels Holocaust

@ Goldslayer1

You hate that fact that you missed out on the opportunity to get the armor, now your mad at all of us and want to ruin it for everyone.
Post #: 197
8/1/2011 22:31:04   
sleddyboy3

quote:

hmm, well im sorry that the truth hurts. however from the eyes of many others it is founders that start the flame wars on the founder topic.

if a founder say their armor should be buffed. i will respond with the truth and try to get my point across even if it means typing paragraphs.
however of course if a founder says their armor should be buffed, and then i say it shouldn't and slap them with the truth, they get butt hurt and call that flaming.

That is your opinion. Founders we, think that we should get buffed.

EDIT: I agree with Angels on this one..

< Message edited by sleddyboy3 -- 8/1/2011 22:36:07 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 198
8/1/2011 22:35:00   
MrBones

quote:

This is ASHARI'S post:
It's perfectly understandable that non-Founders do not want to see a repeat of Beta phase during which Founder Armor was unrivaled even by other Varium armors. That just creates a situation where players feel their Varium is worthless when all they can ever accomplish with it is being 2nd best to founders. With that being said, Founder Armor becoming the best armor again is not going to happen.

Nuff said on this subject. Let's move on.

< Message edited by MrBones -- 8/1/2011 22:36:15 >

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 199
8/1/2011 22:39:12   
StriderAigis

^ i feel like this isnt gonna end just yet, but i really ope it ddoes getting tired of this
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Skins or Buffs?
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition