Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Server Restart!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Server Restart!
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/5/2011 18:55:29   
Ubear

Oh wow here's me thinking that the staff would fix the lag... it's getting so bad there's no point in playing whilst I get 1 kill every 5 minutes.
I'd say the lag is more important the balance changes released next week
AQ Epic  Post #: 126
8/5/2011 19:12:03   
PumKing

My problem isn't that the devs are taking so long with the updates and balancing, my problem is, that they keep lying to us. First it was last week, then this week, now next week. Without our word, we are nothing. If Titan came on right now and said that due too ABSURD technical difficuties, that the next balance update would be in 2 months, I would be fine with that. As long as the3 update did indeed happen 2 months from that post. I am not asking for fast updates. I am not asking for more items, or battle modes, or background artwork, lowering of the var prices, increase that the var packages give, for the devs to show equall defference in balancing the classes (i.e. when shadow arts came, pretty much the next day it got nerfs, TLMs hit the scene and have awsome 3rd teir abilities in 2nd teir, but i digress). No, I am only asking for some honesty from the devs, it doesn't even have to be honesty, it could be a white lie. And by white lie I mean to overestimate the time it would take to do the next update(s) in the future, do a worst case senario, for every day you try to write code (blackouts, slow server connections, poor lighting, whatever...etc) Then say based on those projections is when the next update will occur, but it turns out that none of those things happend, and loe-and-behold, it is out 4 weeks before the estimated date. It goes up earlier than projections thought, a great way for the devs to shine, but they would have to be careful to not get lazy and slip up like they do now by getting into the cycle of, "next week, we swear".
Epic  Post #: 127
8/5/2011 19:12:08   
goldslayer1

*clicks 1 vs 1. match starts*
*eats breakfeast*
*watches a movie*
*eats lunch*
*buys a box of pizza and eats it*
*uses the toilet*
*watches two and a half men*
*first turn of the match begins*
"its about dam time someone had a turn -.-"
AQW Epic  Post #: 128
8/5/2011 19:16:19   
Ubear

I wish I could *like* the two comments above me (:
AQ Epic  Post #: 129
8/5/2011 19:21:52   
Hun Kingq

Yep they lied to the players, early armor release once again and only 50 what happened to making sure everyone gets one that wants one. Vast majority of players either works or attends college classes. these are the players that does not rely on parents to pay for things but buys the Varium on their on dime. So it appears that they don't care about the working class or college student players just the ones still living at home.
Epic  Post #: 130
8/5/2011 19:24:20   
Ubear

If they really wanted everyone who plays ED at the moment to get one then it would be out for a week or something and then permenantly go forever
AQ Epic  Post #: 131
8/5/2011 19:39:51   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@PumKing- I didn't lie. We didn't know that the bugs that came up would do so.

I'm so so sorry for the delay.
Post #: 132
8/5/2011 19:45:28   
PowerMega

^Honestly, this is exactly what were talking about, we are going to hear the same thing again next, "Sorry, due to bugs the update is being postponed til next week" and then rinse and repeat, dejavu, predictable.
Post #: 133
8/5/2011 19:48:42   
Ubear

Lol... 50 female versions of both armors are left. It did start off with 50 right? XD
AQ Epic  Post #: 134
8/5/2011 19:49:09   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@PowerMega- I don't know what else you want me to do. I can't predict which new bits of code will need more work or will cause bugs.
Post #: 135
8/5/2011 19:50:38   
DEATH_CoUnTs

They do pretty much use the same excuses every week. They really need to think up some new ones lol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 136
8/5/2011 19:53:06   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@DEATH_CoUnTs- it's not an excuse if it actually is the reason for the delay. We're not asking you to excuse us, just understand that it's going to take more time.
Post #: 137
8/5/2011 19:54:36   
Sageofpeace

Cindy take a month or so them but do post a design note or a date when is not going to happen the third week now really
Post #: 138
8/5/2011 19:56:18   
Epic Pwnser

I'm pretty sure that these so-called promises, that keep being delayed over and over and over again, are hurting ED's image as a company that can perform up to very high standards.

Cinderella, your comment is an example of how a company responds when they've been caught between it's tails, and aren't giving much sorrowfulness to something that was surely anticipated and promised for today's update.

If ED keeps delaying updates, instead of even amounts of updates coming out each release, and delaying it for another week, then another week, then another: this game will go nowhere. Perhaps the ED team should reconsider how delaying updates makes them look, and now guage the reaction of the community. Really, we're pretty much tired of these half updates.

I think this might be how the community feels as well.

Edit: I do not mean this to be threatening in any way. It is just a criticism, a look towards the future sort of thing. Sorry if this hurts your feelings.

< Message edited by Epic Pwnser -- 8/5/2011 19:59:42 >
Epic  Post #: 139
8/5/2011 19:56:47   
Ubear

I don't get what the big deal is really, we've got an extra week to enjoy our overpowered builds and robots >:D
AQ Epic  Post #: 140
8/5/2011 19:58:08   
Fay Beeee

Guys Lay off Cindy. She is doing the best she can for us. Do not be so mean to her.

Epic  Post #: 141
8/5/2011 19:59:24   
Angels Holocaust

@ Epic Pwnser

Patience my fried, waiting is a small price to pay for perfection.
Post #: 142
8/5/2011 19:59:40   
DeathGuard

Guys please calm down, producing a game isn't easy, you must understand it! I know you're angry but so I am but I'm not flamming/trolling here. Behave like people not like animals, talk with a respectful speech not with a mediocre. I hope this gets to a point where people can understand each other, that is the only way to get a real peace.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 143
8/5/2011 20:03:07   
DEATH_CoUnTs

I think its starting to get to the point where ED should only do releases Once a month cuz they can't really handle a release every week do to their team size and whatever else delays their releases.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
8/5/2011 20:03:07   
Epic Pwnser

@Angels Holocaust
I have all the time in the world.
But ED should go through with their "promises".
If bugs stop them, then it will be that way. It's the internet after all.
BUT updates have to have more continuity and more streamlined, as much as possible.

Plus, there is no perfection in this world we live in.

~Epic Pwnser. Epic pwnage. :D

< Message edited by Epic Pwnser -- 8/5/2011 20:07:49 >
Epic  Post #: 145
8/5/2011 20:05:36   
Nexus...

@Cinderella

The bottom line is that you should not be making promises you cannot keep. I know it is not you specifically, but in a sense you did lie to us. You gave us a whole list of things that were on your agenda for this week, and even added you would try and fit in more! You should not start testing major features THE DAY you are going to release them. If you had started testing at the beginning of this week, the entire thing could have been prevented. Now you tell us "I didn't lie!" Sure you did. You let all of us down. 2/3 of your DN post was bull crap. Why? Because 2/3 of the stuff on there didn't end up happening this week.

Also, this has happened before. Its not the first time you have given the community false information. I feel very let down. I know, I really do, that its not entirely your fault. In fact I am pretty sure most of it isn't. However, in the FUTURE, and I say this every few weeks, COULD YOU PLEASE not make promises you CANNOT keep. Your the link between the players and the developers. Make sure what you are telling us is actually going to happen, otherwise you are at fault in a sense.

Not saying your job is easy, or that I could do it better, but there are expectations, and one of those is that you follow through on your promises.

Prophet
*only the truth*
Epic  Post #: 146
8/5/2011 20:06:17   
goldslayer1

honestly i dont care about the promise parts, i mean its understandable that things can come up at last minutes
but what i do care about is the lagg in ED and the luck factors.
i mean theres skill in this game to some degree however theres too much luck involved.
things like block, crits, deflect, etc.
these things need to be address before anything else
those are the only things i have problem with.
theres no rational explanation how someone with about 15 dex can block me 3 times in a row (while he's smoked) when i have 78 dex.
thats the part of this game that pissed me off. then theres the crit after crit part.
crits are complete game changers. one crit in this game now = half of ur life taken away. and thats probably what i have the biggest issue with, crits. i know they are to serve players for beating tanks. but 2 crits in a 4-6 turn match isn't normal.
cause i had several matches today where i hardly manage to get the other guy down to his feet because of blocks only to use the gun because im scared ill get blocked again. only to be deflect when the other dude only had like 15 hp left.

these are things that need big fixing.
lag and then the basics of balance (crits, blocks, deflects)
AQW Epic  Post #: 147
8/5/2011 20:08:10   
Agiluz

Oh wow.. i missed charfades cruiser... again x(
Post #: 148
8/5/2011 20:10:06   
Wind

I didn't get mine!!! I'm so angry cause i live 12 hours infront, they time's different -_- i even tried waking up at 5 in the morning but it was already sold out D:

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 149
8/5/2011 20:24:02   
MrBones

I have been looking for for Charfade club and Charfade cruiser for about 6 months now.... missed them both again.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Server Restart!
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition