Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2011 18:05:59   
EDluyil

^
13 stats is nothing compared to the mjolnirs 25 stats.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 8/12/2011 18:42:40 >
Epic  Post #: 76
8/12/2011 18:06:35   
DeathGuard

Or to caden wrath 24 stats :/. That is what I'm talking about
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 77
8/12/2011 22:56:18   
drinde

@Bove,
Caden's Wrath is only Tech, while Mjolnirs buffs are perfect for SUPP Mercs.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 78
8/13/2011 12:22:12   
IsaiahtheMage

As I have said in my previous post make Criticals ignore 40% of def/res. 75% is way to much. I have 23-28 +7 +1 tech. A lvl 27 Mage with tech 22-27 +1 with max Plasma Bolt did rage plus crit(Lower support too awesome!) Then killed me. I had 52 HP left and he did 60 with a rage crit. I know rage would do a lot of damage but the crits extra 75% res ignore is what killed me. I know I would have survived his rage if it wasnt for his crit. I made examples before. Fix the power of luck factors. They are not balanced. How many more examples must we all tell you devs until you fix it?!

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 8/13/2011 23:15:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
8/13/2011 15:56:19   
Synbad Syndicated

like i said last week. the luck thing was player made and it was implemented because a large majority of you agreed it would be a balanced way that allowed non variums to compete. so yea luck is unbalanced, but like this overly used saying be careful what you wish for.
Post #: 80
8/13/2011 16:10:31   
frogbones
Banned

^

Don't be foolish. No one asked the devs to add crits that ignore 75% defenses---aka, the most broken feature of ED---to the game.

And. They. Still. Haven't. Fixed. It.

Uggghhhhhhh.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
8/13/2011 16:15:04   
Isabella

not to mention that you yourself are a Merc frogbones, Takes one to know one?
Epic  Post #: 82
8/13/2011 16:30:33   
voidance

Ever heard the term go with the flow? I personally don't follow but don't blame him for doing it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 83
8/13/2011 16:33:18   
Isabella

@voidance,

Thats why i've always had my own unique builds since beta.

Flavour of the month is not as good as it seems
Epic  Post #: 84
8/13/2011 16:33:28   
frogbones
Banned

What does being a tac merc have to do with crits? What does any class have to do with it?

Where has coherency and reason gone?

EDIT:

My linked character is an alternate. My main is a CH.

Although, of course, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the conversation.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 8/13/2011 16:35:10 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 85
8/13/2011 16:35:58   
Isabella

@frog

Just going under the assumption your just like every other merc :)
Epic  Post #: 86
8/13/2011 16:44:32   
frogbones
Banned

In my experience, these days if you want to survive as a Non Varium, Tac Merc is the obvious choice. No one likes losing, and as a NV I'm already at a disadvantage against 75% of the opponents I face.

So yes, your assumption about my build is correct. 93 Str, 78 dex, etc., etc.

Back on topic though: Crits need to be nerfed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 87
8/13/2011 18:01:43   
InceptionAE

3 turn skills such as Massacre, Surgical Strike, and Overcharge.

Do you think that critical should be removed from these 3 skills? I mean picture a STR bounty smokes you, and crits with massacre Over time. I got 80 Health whiped out from that crit. =.= Seriously..

Merged with Balance Discussion. ~Lectrix

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 8/13/2011 18:08:18 >

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
8/13/2011 21:30:51   
Wootz

quote:

Do you think that critical should be removed from these 3 skills? I mean picture a STR bounty smokes you, and crits with massacre Over time. I got 80 Health whiped out from that crit. =.= Seriously..

Lol, here's a thought:
Picture a STR CH with Max'd Malfuncion + Max'd Static Charge + Maxed Massacre. If that Hunter lives 3 turns. Man, you're doomed. But, then you'd need a lot of Support, and then you can't invest much into Strenght and Health. So, hardly working?.

'Kay. Let's continue...This is going to be long...

Anyways,

Venom Strike is a bit unusuall. As for the first 2 strikes it does 70% of the damage, and the 3rd strike is 100%. And it can be blockable. Now that is good. Compared to Toxic Grenade'. But what suprises me the most is why does Venom Strike have a requirement of 42 Techonology. That's a bit hard. Of all 4th tier skills, Bounty Hunter's need most req's: Support 42 ( SA ) and whatever Massacre has & Techonology 42 ( Venom Strike ).
So, it's pretty weird.
So, what I'm suggesting is:
Leaving Shadow Arts as it is.
Taking 1 point of Massacre.
Taking 2 points of Venom Strike.
Also, Venom strike should, as all the poisons will do, kill an enemy.

Cyber Huntah's.
They really need something good. SC's buff will do good, but I do feel that it will still have a hard time battling. So, I'm suggesting to replace the Shadow Arts with Diamond Blades on CH's. Let's bring the pain!

TLM's:
They're really good. STR TLM's are hardly defeatable unless you're a really lucky person. I think they should get a tier change in it's skill tree. Putting SS to the 3rd tier & making HA 3rd or 4th tier.

TM's:
Just making Malfuncion a tier 2 skill. Yeh, that's it. TM's are really good! And they can defeat a few TLM's with a good build just as Battle Elf had it. Now he's a bloody TLM.

Bounty Huntah's:
None.

Merc's:
They should get a lil' buff. To counter everything. And by reducing HA would be an ultimate blow to the them.

Now, on other posts I saw that people are mad about HA's nerf ( Off-Topic: UMAD! ). I really don't understand a deal. From 13 points onto 12 points. 1 more damage to you. Well, just put a point into Health and you'll be fine. You still live don't you?

Now, compare that to Shadow Art's nerfs. 4 times. How interesting? The skill became so useless to me that I don't even use it. 10% is 20 points of Dexterity. And I easily get more by Stat Buffs.

I guess that'd be it. Forgot 70% of thing that I wanted to write about...Have fun reading :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 89
8/13/2011 23:14:23   
IsaiahtheMage

@phrax Just like Frogbones said. Even if we asked for luck. I doubt anyone would ever ask for 75% defence/resistence ignore. Especially 75% def/res ignore added to your attack dmg. Dont forget how rage and crit can both work together.
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
8/14/2011 13:53:54   
od

@cyberio
bh got acolyte blades that give 18 stats
Epic  Post #: 91
8/14/2011 15:01:51   
Ubear

18 stats is quite low compared to the 26 we get from delta weapons
AQ Epic  Post #: 92
8/14/2011 15:06:18   
Hun Kingq

For the Blood Mage get rid of Reflex boost let us combine energy and physical armor creating a new no energy based equipment
so for the Tesla it would be +16 for defense and resistance and that way you could leave the mercs hybrid armor alone and allow the Blood Mage have better protection.

Since Intimidation does not increase damage an only Debuffs strength and nothing else it can be replaced with the evolve form of reroute called HELO (health energy life Overseer). So when you attack you gain life you get attacked you gain energy at max it could be 30% from damage for each.

With the Armor they could Return Assimilation back to the Blood Mage but with HELO selected you don't regain energy but it needs to cool down of 2 and take away as much energy as emp since it can still be blocked but when HELO is not selected then with Assimilation you get back either multiple time the amount of energy or a percentage say 70%.

So this what the Blood Mage would get in place of intimidation and Reflex Boost
Combined Armor
Evolved Assimilation (no energy return if HELO is selected just energy drain)
HELO (evolved reroute)
Epic  Post #: 93
8/14/2011 15:27:03   
Calogero

@ Hun Kingq

Please, If you have nothing ' Usefull ' to post about BM's then don't post it.
We Do not want to be OP'd we want to be Balanced...

What you are suggesting is OP'd get that in your head.

Reflex Boost is a nice buff but on the wrong side and tier...
They should put that on the place of Intimidate and add Assimilate back as a Tier 4...

The Class itself is ' Good ', It's like I said, We seem UP because Tact Mercs can make the same builds but better...
Hence why I suggested to Nerf Tact mercs instead of Buff all the others

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
8/14/2011 15:45:40   
od

Maybe get rid of plasma cannon, replace it with assimilation and give blood mages a physical blood shield that works like reflex boost ( converting 15% of dmg into energy)
Epic  Post #: 95
8/14/2011 15:48:39   
Calogero

@ od

really, nothing else has to be changed :P

Plasma Cannon works well in 1 5 focus Technician build
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
8/14/2011 15:52:54   
od

Well maybe replacing supercharge ( which is useless since it doesn't stack with blood lust ) with assimilation
Epic  Post #: 97
8/14/2011 15:57:43   
Calogero

lol then you'd be killing my build :P lol

Might not stack but 30% is still more than 23% ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
8/14/2011 16:00:34   
od

Yes but what skill would have to go? Fireball? Plasma rain? All skills are used for some build.
Epic  Post #: 99
8/14/2011 16:11:35   
Calogero

Like I said earlier this is how the skills have to be ( not adding the lines tho )

Field Medic - Fire Bolt - Technician

Plasma Cannon - Blood list - Plasma Rain

Berserker - Reflex Boost - OverLoad

Assimilate - Super Charge - Deadly Aim

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/14/2011 17:36:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 4 of 30«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition