Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/14/2011 16:24:24   
od

So you want to get rid of intimidate? I guess that could work, although intimidate counters str builds. Also, with the balance update, plasma rain will improve faster than plasma cannon, so it won't be as useful. Physical bloodshield ( with the 15% conversion) and assimilate could work together to make a nice healoop build, and blood mages could still do tech builds and dex builds.
Epic  Post #: 101
8/14/2011 16:33:27   
Calogero

@ od

I'll give you a quick something as in why Intimidate is useless

Intimidate = Lower Attack of Gun and Main
Technician = Lower Energy attacks ( Bots, Guns, Mains, Skills ) and buffs Bot attack
Reflex Boost= Lowers Melee Attacks ( Bots, Guns, Mains, Skills ), Increases Dodge Rate ( which means even energy users can get a 100% nerf ) and gives 15% energy back when hit

so, you still see a use of Intimidate
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
8/14/2011 19:12:27   
Hun Kingq

andy123, this is about balance discussion not degrading another players ideas and you really don't want to go that route with me. For one these things I brought up will not make the Blood Mage over powered. Let us take the combined armor first that was just with the Tesla armor, majority of Blood Mages do not have both armors so let just say they get a hold of two armors that has +6 on each defense or resistance and when you combine the two them you get +12 for defense and resistance if you have +3 then it is +6 for each not all armors you can combine will have +16 or +18 some will have +2 and once combine an armor you can't undo it or combine another armor too it.

Next the Blood mage needs better energy return, that does not cost energy, then 15%, that is pitiful, and HELO will return health when you have a successful damage so if you get blocked you get nothing and when your hit then you get energy return but if you block you get none and at max it is 30% (That means a step percentage system) conversion for each, myself I would not have it at max nor other High Level Blood mages I rather have the points spread out so no matter what I have a choice of skill I want to use instead of just relying on one or two skills to win your battles because those type of fighters eventual fail. Why they fail because they refuse to change with each update.

Now Assimilate, does not the Blood mage need a skill that takes energy. For these new evolve system if both Assimilate and HELO has points on them them only HELO gives back energy and Assimilate takes energy but if only Assimilate has points than it gives back a higher percent could be 70% 60% or 50% which ever Titan decides. Tact mercs can basically use all their skills and still heal once or twice because they have reroute. and because they don't need a huge invest of points in energy now they could point those points in health or where ever they want.

You don't know how something will work out until it is implemented and tested and that is when they could make adjustments. If you want respect then don't tell players not to post because you do think it is useful.
Epic  Post #: 103
8/14/2011 20:15:06   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq Exactly. This is a balance discussion. Not a discussion on how to make Blood Mage Oped. And your suggestions(If they are added) will make BM Oped. I already had a discussion with you before in the past about that. Tons of people all agreed your ideas will make BM Oped. Your previous post is not helping balance at all. Yes we understand that Mages are Uped. But your going to far.
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
8/15/2011 1:45:43   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage, Are you a programmer for ED or are you a tester for ED?
You have no idea what something will do until it is done do you and the other players get that concept?

Since your a tact merc maybe we should just take away hybrid armor to balance out the defensive/resistance builds as well as take away shadow arts from the Cyber Hunter. To this day no one but me came up with an idea to boost defense and resistance without using energy or health or taking away another usefull skill of the skill tree like they did with Assimilation.

Since I tested the Plasma Cannon at max with tech at different tech levels I will share the results right here and now there was only a few times I got above 50 and that was with technician on
Resistance level 24-29 30 damage sidearm 40 damage
Resistance level 25-30 34 damage sidearm 33 47 57 and 67 damage
Resistance level 26-32 35 damage sidearm 31 36 51 and 49
Resistance level 27-33 34 52 with rage 54 sidearm 29 48 29
Resistance level 28-34 52 with rage 53 sidearm 30 46 46
Resistance level 29-35 33 33 57 sidearm 33 43 32 57
more times as you can see the sidearm did more damage.

I did this to see if at max the Plasma cannon is as powerful as they claim it is and its not next I will test the Fireball at max.

My ideas give the evolve for of old skills, boost the defense and resistance without using energy, and gives back energy stealing skill that is on par with the amount of enrgy it takes with EMP and Atom Smasher and the enrgy return is activated or deactivated if HELO is or is not selected. The HELO percentage of energy/health return will be the same at every level as reroute. So write the program code test it on your character and tell us the results doing actual events to prove my ideas will make the Blood mage overpowered because so far evey skill I tested does not give the damage at max as it suppose to. So either give actual proof that my ideas will over power the Blood Mage or back off.
Epic  Post #: 105
8/15/2011 4:48:20   
Calogero

quote:

andy123, this is about balance discussion not degrading another players ideas and you really don't want to go that route with me.

Interesting word choice... This is indeed a Balance discussion, what you suggested is a Overpowered Suggestion...

I am an Experienced Blood Mage, I know what I'm talking about, what you are saying is Make BM's OP'd.
I Do not tollerate this, Noone does, We want balance and you just want it to be OP'd.

Shure we aren't testers, but we don't need to be testers to see how rediculous Op'd this would be.

What I suggested would Buff BloodMages a Bit but wouldn't make it Overpowered ;)

also your Plasma Cannon testing... sorry but that isn't worth anything...
I've done a lot of Balance testing on the MechQuest Board, So It's safe to say
Same rules apply here, You need to use That skill Multiple Times...

like:
29 - 35 33 = 10 Times used to test it etc etc

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/15/2011 4:51:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
8/15/2011 9:59:41   
Hun Kingq

In your own little world and without proof of testing you say my idea is
overpowering but again you will not provide the proof. I have two accounts
that are Blood mages My lower level it took less than three weeks as a Blood Mage
to go from 26 to 33 but the chararcter pages speaks for each player.

Since players fail to understand the testing results of the average of 25 times yes that is 25 test
the actual teasting standard not 10 times.

First part resistance level(Resistance level 24-29) Second part average of damage from the Plasma Cannon
used in 25 different matches with and without technician on(30 damage) Third part comparing with sidearm
average of 25 times (sidearm 40 damage).

So like I tell other players unless you write the program code, implement, and test it providing hard proof that my suggestions
will be overpowering (too much power) then you can't judge whether something will bring balance or will be overpower.
One example for you since you and others don't understand: Toxic grenade they tested it and released it as is
then in the actual game it had too much intial damage aong with the effect
This was not they expected so what did they do the made adjustments so it would not be overpowering.

Having better defense, health and energy return does not make something overpowering, with my ideas the damage of weapons will be the same
but you and other players fail to see that. For tact mercs what helps them increase damage on you is it reroute or smoke? In my idea the Blood Mage has no debuff but better armor and basically a combined form of Blood Lust and Reroute that would give back health and energy. The tact mercs have two skills that gives back better health and energy return while the Blood mage has two but the return is a joke. If you read and understand about HELO it takes two skills and combines it into one unique skill for the Blood mage which what it should be.
The Blood Mage needs an Energy stealing skill on par, with the amount of energy is taken, with EMP and Atom Smasher but the energy return will not happen unless you have no points on HELO. Blance will never come between the classes because of diiferent skills the balance can only come within and that is why I win a lot of matches because my defense, resistance, and power are balanced between one another.
Epic  Post #: 107
8/15/2011 10:27:06   
Calogero

You want an Energy Stealing attack, Assimilate was a Good skill ;)
It was a great move combined with a STR build ;)

Like I said, I think This would Balance it

Field Medic.............FireBolt.............Technician
......|.......................|........................|.......
Plasma Cannon.......BloodLust............Plasma Rain
................................|......................|.......
Berzerker.............<<Reflex Boost........Overload
......|........................|............
Assimilate..............SuperCharge>>......Deadly Aim

No New Skills, This would allready do a lot ;)
BloodMage on itself is not Underpowered, Tact Merc makes it seem like it's UnderPowered
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
8/15/2011 10:40:03   
Laces

quote:

andy123, this is about balance discussion not degrading another players ideas and you really don't want to go that route with me.

Its funny you say that because you did the exact same thing in the Blood Mage thread. Your the only person on this forum that thinks BM getting reroute will not make it OP'd. There are so many people that are really good and saying that they are wrong and you're right is foolish. BM WILL BE OP'D IF IT GETS REROUTE. You are too blinded by your greediness to see that. For gods sake they have different playing styles, just because it has the word "Mage" in it doesn't mean it deserves reroute. Blood Mage isn't the evolved form of a Tech Mage it is a different species of mage. If you want reroute go back to TM.

You don't need to be a genius to figure out what your proposing is OP'd. Get that in your head. You don't have to be a programmer nor tester as they are the same as players. We have the same knowledge of the game as they do. And programmers don't spend time playing the game as much as the average player. So yes, we know it will be OP'd. Don't bring that excuse up.

Just because a skill does not improve weapon damage, does not mean it won't make a class OP'd. You fail to see that. You know what makes TLMs OP'd? Its reroute. You know what helped TM in the past OP'd? It was reroute. Just because it doesn't improve weapon damage, doesn't mean it won't make a class OP'd.

quote:

Having better defense, health and energy return does not make something overpowering

What LOL. That doesn't make something OP'd? What game are you playing.

< Message edited by Laces -- 8/15/2011 11:02:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
8/15/2011 11:36:23   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq I am done. Their is no point to discuss this with you anymore. I mean seriously?! So your saying +12 def/res or +14 def/res or +16 def/res(The most Oped idea I ever heard) active at the same time with HELO(30% dmg taken in turned into Energy and 30% of dmg you dished out turned into HP) is NOT Oped?! Dude that is more Oped then a Lvl 33 Fully enhanced/equipped Tank TLM. You dont have to be a game tester or programmer to see this will make them Oped. Just admit you want to be Oped. Its ok. A lot of players do. Some want free wins. But just admit that. Why do you keep denying it? Also if you really dont think this will make BM and TM Oped. Then ok. Thats your opinion and belief. Good day.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 8/15/2011 12:55:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
8/15/2011 12:39:25   
edwardvulture

fixed damage skills are going to be buffed, so if you say average 30 is not enough, the damage will probably be higher later.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 111
8/15/2011 13:10:13   
frogbones
Banned

quote:

The maximum Critical Strike chance is 13%.

Put another way: Every time a support spammer attacks a a non-support spammer, 87% of the time no crit will occur.

What do you think about this? Based on your gameplay, do you feel this percentage accurately reflects the amount of crits you see in battle?

voidance

quote:

Not the slightest, most of the time I get criticaled by people with less support which is 2%. I think the statistics off but thats my personal opinion.

Ashari
RainBOOM!
(ED/HS GD)

quote:

Well I'm glad you brought this up because I felt the same way about critical strikes. At the moment they are too much of a wildcard. The low percentages, low gain from support and strong effect all serve to create an effect that we have little control over and it guarantees a crit is going to ruin someones day somewhere.

That's exactly why crits are being changed in the coming release. The max chance to crit and the amount of crit change you gain from Support are both being increased, BUT the power of critical strikes is being significantly reduced. So your build will have a much greater influence on your chance to crit. The exact numbers will be included in the release notes of course!

I'm curious about how everyone feels about the other luck factors, block, deflect and stun? Crit seems to be the major complaint but that's been because it was just so powerful.

8/15/2011 4:50:49

frogbones

quote:

So wait ... if the chance to crit increases, but their power is reduced, won't that result in ... no net change?

TBH, all that really needed to be done was reduce the 75% defense ignore to like 45% or so.

Not looking forward to MORE crits, even if they are weakened. Curious to see what others think, though.

8/15/2011 4:56:31
Ashari
RainBOOM!
(ED/HS GD)

quote:

No net change in the overall damage is what we intended. This is more aimed at reducing the effect of the "freak crits" that happen when a player with little or no support gets that 1% chance to crit. It's not a buff or nerf to Support, but it will make crits a more reliable part of support builds (well, as reliable as a chance event can get anyway).

8/15/2011 5:05:21

frogbones

quote:

So somehow someone decided that Support needed to do more for those who spam it? It's ironic because your explanation is the exact opposite reason that Crits were introduced to the game in the first place.

I thought this game was taking a turn for the better ...

... sigh.

andy123
quote:

So...

Support spammers have a better chance to crit...
Non Support builds can't have more HP without Agility becoming active

I see an Era of Supports becoming the New STR Merc... 2 hits

Minus123

quote:

@ Andy

Think you're missing the part where ashari said crit power will be significantly reduced. Atleast more crits will make support builds be more of a threat to tank builds, right now, tank builds pretty much demolish support players, since criticals dont happen as much as they should for support builds. Heck, these days, people below 50 support crit more.

8/15/2011 8:36:12

The ND Mallet Guy

quote:

As far as I can tell, most people hate criticals because they would be the support spammer and get 0 crits while their enemy with 30 or so support would get 1 or 2 of them. Criticals were made to fight tank builds as well with rage. Sine rage is guaranteed to happen in a long battle, it has less defense ignoring.

@Ash The other 2 luck factors I have a problem with is Stun and First Strike. Stun almost never works for you when you have larger support but the other guy manages to somehow pull off a stun despite him having minimum stun %. It's also annoying when someone manages to stun me when they hit a 3. "Ow! A fly bit me and now I am stunned!" I don't really much care about First Strike but it does seem to rely little on support as well. I don't have much to say on First Strike since we don't have the exact numbers for it like blocks or deflects.

8/15/2011 8:39:28

Remorse

quote:

Wow, Talk about relesing all of my idea in one update...

first they say their gonna base damage skills on your level (I sayed this about 6 months ago)
Now their gonna reduce crit damage and increase the frequency (I sayed this about a year ago)

Next thing youl know theyle change Shadow arts to 5% bonus to block, and 5% bonus to conncet and 5% bonus to stun with all stunning techniques (inculdes stun gunes and future stunning things)
And increase by .5% each level maxed at 5%....

I'm not complaining though :) woot finay some decent changes around here :)

Thanks for the insight ashari :D

Also if you don;t mind answering are they still going ahead with the robot nerf and str skill changes? I really hope they do they would help balance alot!

TurkishIncubus

quote:

When i saw this
quote:

That's exactly why crits are being changed in the coming release. The max chance to crit and the amount of crit change you gain from Support are both being increased, BUT the power of critical strikes is being significantly reduced. So your build will have a much greater influence on your chance to crit. The exact numbers will be included in the release notes of course!

i be WTF!!!, because now crit is the strongest thing in game 1 crit = win the match but when i saw this

quote:

No net change in the overall damage is what we intended. This is more aimed at reducing the effect of the "freak crits" that happen when a player with little or no support gets that 1% chance to crit. It's not a buff or nerf to Support, but it will make crits a more reliable part of support builds (well, as reliable as a chance event can get anyway).

i said hmm than its a good balance change but crit's % ignore should be like 20-30% , 45% is equal to rage :/ imagine that a player do 5 rage in a match :/

Ashari is there any changes about block? low dex blocks more than higher dex :/

King FrostLich
quote:

Yes....YES NERF THAT CRIT DAMAGE!! Btw, if it ignores 75% of the defense/resistance how much % of def/res will it ignore. It shouldn't be less than 50% because that's like doing rage which doesn't seem right.
Post #: 12

8/15/2011 9:54:49

Luna_moonraider

quote:

crit kills tanks build no crit means tank build will own tank= tlc merc. tlc merc tank= heal looping maniac = super long battle = like heal loop mage. so i think crit are good and the help balance the game. well that is my opinion. also nerfing crit will also make tank become the king of 1v1 and 2v2. tank build = slow battle.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 8/15/2011 13:11:09 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 112
8/15/2011 14:14:34   
PivotalDisorder

I read that entire last post. still not really sure what the point of it was :P

Post #: 113
8/15/2011 14:51:04   
frogbones
Banned

Ashari said:

quote:

That's exactly why crits are being changed in the coming release. The max chance to crit and the amount of crit change you gain from Support are both being increased, BUT the power of critical strikes is being significantly reduced.

quote:

The point is, Crits needed a nerf, and that didn't happen. In actuality, it appears they may even get a buff, depending how much their defense/resistance ignore is lowered.

Blah!

< Message edited by frogbones -- 8/15/2011 15:00:36 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 114
8/15/2011 17:53:45   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage, Laces (I have never degraded anothers players idea I have always read the ideas and come up with my own then so far only you and three other palyers have done so) and andy123, stop taking the highest percent and make it look as if it is the only percent and since you four lack any comprehension here is the percent of return. Majority of real experienced Blood Mages want points on every skill so most likly they would have HELO between 5 and 8.
Level 1: 12%
Level 2: 15%
Level 3: 18%
Level 4: 21%
Level 5: 23%
Level 6: 25%
Level 7: 27%
Level 8: 28%
Level 9: 29%
Level 10: 30%

Weapon Required: None
Stat Required: None
Level Required: 5
Improves With: None
Warm Up: None
Cool Down: 0
So since you three just want to focus on max let's say they got 35 now and then that is 11 points of energy so if your down to 0 what can you use 11 points of energy on, what skill?

The Blood mage is the evolved form of the tech mage somethings stay the same the other things change.
From the design notes: "Blood Mage is the more aggressive and violent version of the Tech Mage."
They are not tech mages they are the violent version of the tech mage and some skills stay the same when others evolve into new and better skills, you four and others with your thought process will never understand that. If your a programmer after looking at a computer screen all day and code after code they don't want to continue looking at a computer screen at home they watch tv, go out on the town, go watch movies, or do other hobbies they love.

Since people is throwing overpowered around like it is candy here is the definitions:

1: to overcome by superior force
2: to affect with overwhelming intensity
3: to provide with more power than is needed or desirable

So now you have to list the skills that would increase the power or damage and what skills I propose won't then again if someone listed the skills you still would not understand.
Epic  Post #: 115
8/15/2011 18:15:02   
Wootz

Geez,
Your idea is OP'd. And that's the end of the discussion.

Blood Mage is the more Violent and aggresive type of a Mage.
Reroute was replaced by Blood Lust and y'know what? IT ACTUALLY WORKS WELL!
If you want Energy regain use Reflex Boost. If Bounty Hunter's can live with it then Blood Mage's can, aswell!
I don't know how can you be so stupid to not see the potencional of the class! It can do a lot of damage. Some BM's even get on the LeaderBoards.

quote:

1: to overcome by superior force

How? Explain? By getting both Health and Energy?

quote:

2: to affect with overwhelming intensity

Yup, by destroying everyone? O_O

quote:

3: to provide with more power than is needed or desirable

I don't know if you noticed but you've said "To provide with more power than is needed or desirable" - Doesn't that mean that you mean to make BM's OP'd? O_O

So, stop complaining and enyoy freedom.
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
8/15/2011 18:26:20   
Calogero

quote:

and andy123, stop taking the highest percent and make it look as if it is the only percent and since you four lack any comprehension here is the percent of return

I think you are the one not comprehending...
If your ' suggestion ' were to put ingame, I'd have a Build that could destroy any class ingame...

I'd have the Typical STR build
lvl 10 DA with Stungun
lvl 1 Berzerker
lvl 6 HELO
lvl 10 FireBolt
lvl 6 Field Medic

You say stop taking the highest percent?? Looking at this HELO thing, a lvl 6 would be enough for a great deal of
Energy and Health Regain while still enough stats for DA, Berserker and FireBolt
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
8/15/2011 18:45:16   
Laces

quote:

They are not tech mages they are the violent version of the tech mage and some skills stay the same when others evolve into new and better skills, you four and others with your thought process will never understand that.

Your an idiot if you think BMs need HELO and such. First of all, Blood Mages not a evolved form of a TM, they are a species similar to TM. They don't deserve "Evolved" skills. If they do, why don't the rest of the classes have one..oh wait...BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT EVOLVED VERSIONS OF PREVIOUS CLASSES. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL.

And you have degraded people like PowerMega in the previous Blood Mage thread so don't even come up with a excuse like that. I'm not degrading your idea, your close-minded and refuse to accept the fact that what your proposing is simply OP'd. No logical explanation will change your mind.

quote:

since you four lack any comprehension

Shut up. Your flaming us and thats against the rules. If you want a flame war, I'll bring it. Since you lack the brain to understand how simply OP'd your idea is.

quote:

Majority of real experienced Blood Mages want points on every skill so most likly they would have HELO between 5 and 8.

Majority of real experienced Cyber Hunters have Static Charge at maxed, what makes you think that HELO will be different.

quote:

They are not tech mages they are the violent version of the tech mage and some skills stay the same when others evolve into new and better skills, you four and others with your thought process will never understand that.

Again, your insulting us. Goody! You contradict yourself here as well. You stated that they are the evolved form of TMs and now your saying that they are the violent version of the TM. Make up your mind..oh wait..what mind...

Your gonna flame us? You think your smarter then the four of us? Your pathetic. I'm sick of people like you and your internet tough guy act. If you think insulting people is gonna convince you that your idea is right then your sadly mistaken.

< Message edited by Laces -- 8/15/2011 18:46:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
8/15/2011 19:10:20   
Calogero

Let's not try to start a flamewar here aight fellahs...

Hun Kingq

Everyone, and I mean Everyone agrees that Giving Reroute or anything else Reroute-like would OP BM.

Like I said like 50 times, BloodMages are Not UnderPowered at all, they need some tweeks but they are fine as they are.
Hence why Whatever we suggest to add, wether it be Smoke, Malf, reroute etc etc = overpowered, because we allready are
balanced in a way
This is what I suggested for Tweeks

Field Medic.............FireBolt.............Technician
......|.......................|........................|.......
Plasma Cannon.......BloodLust............Plasma Rain
................................|......................|.......
Berzerker.............<<Reflex Boost........Overload
......|........................|............
Assimilate..............SuperCharge>>......Deadly Aim

Now You'll think Why am I saying BloodMages are Not Underpowered while I complain about being Underpowered.
Easy On ourselves we are good, but it's the Tact Mercs that make us look Underpowered.

Face it, every build we can make, a Tact Merc can do it better, hence why we look Underpowered.
But against every other class, we have a good chance of winning. No need for HELO, no need for Reroute.

Assimilate would work as an energy regain for STR builds while those that prefere 5 focus builds could use Reflex Boost.

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/15/2011 19:11:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
8/15/2011 19:12:11   
Hun Kingq

1234speedy, a whole 15%, to get any real energy regain they would need to do 100 plus damage I don't think you would win many battles that way. With my ideas they would not make the Blood mage over powered because it does not increase weapons or skill damage. Blood Mages are not Bounty Hunters and should not have to live with a sub-par energy return skill that is just punishing a new class and should not have to live with it. Take a look at the win% of the blood mage compared to other classes it is too low for being consider a powerhouse and it takes a Blood mage to do twice or three times as many battles to get above 80% and for that class it should not be like that.

andy123, does not the skills have cool down and warmup so you can't use them every round can you, Does not Level 1 berzerker takes a huge portion of energy to use 27 points to be exact so if you use Fire ball at max and berzerker at level 1 and they survive, heal, then attack how long it would take if the get, with good defense and rsistance to get back enough energy to use any of those skills also to add how enrgy you need to use level 6 field medic and if your down to 0 energy becaus you get two EMP attacks how lone will it take to get energy high enough to heal?

In a recent 1vs1 battle that took 10 minute to win the bounty Hunter got 9 damage so times 25% round it up that is 3 points of energy return wow a whole three points. So where would be the massive energy return?

The percentage rate of return can be adjusted in testing like all skills on the skill tree it is up to Titan not the players what percentage he wants to implement, I say, Titan and the programmers should create the program for the Blood mage and skills I listed as well as the armor, do the testing and let them be the Judge.

Epic  Post #: 120
8/15/2011 19:18:39   
Calogero

quote:

andy123, does not the skills have cool down and warmup so you can't use them every round can you, Does not Level 1 berzerker takes a huge portion of energy to use 27 points to be exact so if you use Fire ball at max and berzerker at level 1 and they survive, heal, then attack how long it would take if the get, with good defense and rsistance to get back enough energy to use any of those skills also to add how enrgy you need to use level 6 field medic and if your down to 0 energy becaus you get two EMP attacks how lone will it take to get energy high enough to heal?

Sry mate, no intend to insult you but then you'd have to use that brain of yours...
Skills have cooldowns and warmup yes but we also have Guns, Aux, Bots and not to forget, Attack.

Berzerker has indeed a ' huge ' energy cost but then again, aren't there points we can invest into Energy??

You have to ' Plan ' your attacks.
Hell If I was using a STR build I wouldn't use Fireball unless
1: It would criple their Health
2: I'm shure he/she'd die

if I'm not shure this would be the case, I'd use the energy for FireBolt for Heal :)
not to mention, BloodLust heals a lot aswell if you have a STR build

( I don't even use Heal in battle :) )

also, we are allow to ' Judge ' aswell, We are playing this game remember.
I have tried every single Build I can think off for BloodMage
From the normal STR build to now the Very High Dex with SuperCharge build ( Yes I use SuperCharge )
if anyone, We players would know what would be Op'd and what not

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/15/2011 19:21:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
8/15/2011 19:22:58   
Wootz

quote:

1234speedy, a whole 15%, to get any real energy regain they would need to do 100 plus damage I don't think you would win many battles that way. With my ideas they would not make the Blood mage over powered because it does not increase weapons or skill damage. Blood Mages are not Bounty Hunters and should not have to live with a sub-par energy return skill that is just punishing a new class and should not have to live with it. Take a look at the win% of the blood mage compared to other classes it is too low for being consider a powerhouse and it takes a Blood mage to do twice or three times as many battles to get above 80% and for that class it should not be like that.

" I don't think you would win many battles that way"

That's basicly my BH build and y'know what? It gives me wins!
So what if it lasts a few minutes. It's not like this game is life O_O

And the skill you suggested is basicly Blood Lust & Reroute combined on steroids O_O
Do you actually think that anyone normal would think that: that combination is normal O_O
You don't have to be Jesus to know that e.e

quote:

In a recent 1vs1 battle that took 10 minute to win the bounty Hunter got 9 damage so times 25% round it up that is 3 points of energy return wow a whole three points. So where would be the massive energy return?

Hell ye'! And you think that Bounty Hunter's can't be defensive with an Energy return.

quote:

Face it. Energy stealer destroyes a Strenght build. I thought a dude who can whine about making BM's OP'd knew more about the game O_O
----------
I bet that you just complain because you've changed to BM and you don't have Varium to change back, so you want to be the most OP'd O_O

I think it's time for:
'Nuff said.

AQW Epic  Post #: 122
8/15/2011 19:25:37   
Laces

Your complaining about Blood Mages and they're fine. You seem to be the only one complaining about Blood Mages. Do you see us Cyber Hunters complaining? Noooo.

Its a waste of the Devs time to test your idea out. +16 Defense and Resistance? Are you nuts? Plust Health and Energy regain?

Thats why BMs need Assimilate back, to take away energy from the opponents. Assimilate should have a similar boost to the boost that Static Charge is gonna get making it more effective. BH and Merc survive without reroute or an energy gain, but do you see them complaining about it? Quit complaining. If you want an energy regain so badly, go back to a Tech Mage or a TLM or CH.

And why should Blood Mages get a special program? What about Cyber Hunters? We by far are the weakest class in ED. What makes Blood Mages so special that they need special attention and an entire program for themselves. They only reason BMs seem UP'd is because of the TLM. Blood Mages should have better strength builds then a TLM.

You don't need to be Titan and NW or a programmer to figure out that adding in your ideas will make it OP'd. An average player could figure that out, but your soo close-minded and refuse to accept the fact that your wrong. Please.
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
8/15/2011 19:51:18   
Hun Kingq

I was inflicting high damage on the Bounty and only reason it took 10 minutes was because the time each player clicked on something and to carry out that event was a very slow process slower than I ever seen before if the response was faster then it would take me less than a minute to complete the battle.It seems like players are forgetting the server problems still exist everyone shoud not have to clarify that over and over again.

1234speedy, I have so much varium I don't it makes me feel like a millionare. Nope I don't have the new flash version and no I do not use google Chrme because of too many security flaws but not as much secuty flaws as Internet Explorer.

Laces, if want Titan to come up with a code for the Cyber Hunter for evolve and unique skills and armor and what should be taken away for the armor that you think would bring balance to the Cyber Hunter, class to make them better competitors in all battle modes, between power, defense and resistancebe my guest and you will see I will be the only one that will not prejudge, bash or your ideas or chastise you for the ideas you put out but I can assured you other players will. Myself, I welcome all ideas and let Titan and the programmers decide what they want to use. Actually Cyber hunters have been complaining as well as Blood Mages because neither class is at par with the Tact mercs, so go ahead post your ideal Cyber Hunter skills and see how I respond, that is a challenge to you. Remember it has to be your idea of what would bring balance to the Cyber Hunter Class.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 8/15/2011 20:02:03 >
Epic  Post #: 124
8/15/2011 19:54:28   
Wootz

quote:

I was inflicting high damage on the Bounty and only reason it took 10 minutes was because the time each player clicked on something and to carry out that event was a very slow process slower than I ever seen before if the response was faster then it would take me less than a minute to complete the battle.It seems like players are forgetting the server problems still exist everyone shoud not have to clarify that over and over again.

If you're using Google Chrome and reading the forums. You'd know what's causing it. And how to fix it. And that it needs to be fixxed everyday O_O
If you're using some other browsers and you have the new Flash Player then it's completly your fault.

AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition