Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Best foot forward

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Best foot forward
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2011 13:32:16   
One Winged Angel1357

guys lets not hijack Jz's topic before LB gives his reasons

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/11/2011 13:32:49   
Lord Barrius

Bear with me. It's a big post. :p
Post #: 27
8/11/2011 13:34:58   
SouL Prisoner

@LB

ARRrrr

btw whoes that man in ur pic ? "dont tell me thats "u".

aniways though m glad XD :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/11/2011 13:35:03   
frogbones
Banned

Hi, JZ! Always a pleasure to see that you've recently posted, and more of a pleassure to actually read your posts!

Anywho, I'd like to respectfully disagree with your sentiment regarding being positive, at least as it pertains to ED Game Feedback. There have been several instances where it was ONLY because of negative feedback that certain changes were made. You correctly relate this game to life, citing economics, status, equality, etc. as concepts common to both.

Well, in real life, change occurs for all sorts of reasons, including negative feedback. Just look at recent Domino Pizza commercials. Historically, they have been regarded as having cheap, cardboard-ish, just downright bad pizza, and thus gained a reputation that fit the quality of their product. Well, tis didn't sit well with them. So what did they do? Tell customers that their taste buds were lying? Did they ignore them? Did they go on the offensive about how small their factory is, and how hard they work, and how dare customers critique their product?

No!

Instead (drum roll, please), they improved the quality of their pizza. They even went so far as to ASK people to send in home videos of "bad" pizza experiences. Negative feedback was welcomed. Why? Because they wanted to get better. And guess what? Their pizza IS substantially better.

Domino Pizza took the criticism because it was warranted, and they changed their product because of the following core business principle:

The Customer is Always Right

I know there's a lot wrapped up in that statement, but at the end of the day, good businesses choose to espouse it. Those who don't, well, they get bad reviews---and it's their fault, not the customers'.

ED could learn a lot from this Pizza company.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
8/11/2011 13:39:19   
IsaiahtheMage

@frogbones Exactly. The customer is always right. If your not gonna please them. Then prepare to shut down.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/11/2011 13:39:39   
Basicball

so when is i expected LB?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/11/2011 14:09:01   
MirageD

hey...LB....can you tell us where/when this will be posted?
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/11/2011 14:10:31   
SouL Prisoner

ya...i thought ur goona post it now itself but nthing yet.

will it take days?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
8/11/2011 14:10:32   
Lord Barrius

It's posted. As I said, it's a long post, and I type slow. Cat paws aren't the easiest things to type with.
Post #: 34
8/11/2011 14:11:30   
SouL Prisoner

cat????

:S:S:S:S:S::S:S:S:S:S::S:S:????
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/11/2011 14:25:24   
MirageD

ty....got it :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/11/2011 14:26:33   
One Winged Angel1357

thank you for the wall of text LB

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 8/11/2011 14:32:35 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/11/2011 14:33:45   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Since this topic was about the future of this forum and expectations, I do request all players who read this, go to this thread, and if you choose, to add feedback, post there. :)

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19453924

~JZaanu
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/11/2011 14:36:53   
Wraith

Well, I'm sort of upset. It sounds like the forum will be changed to a monarchy with Barrius at its head, forcing strict rules upon us. Another thing is: Why should an AE mod handle ED? He doesn't even play ED, for god's sake. he doesn't understand the difficult possition the devs put us in! He also banned Goldslayer1 for no reason,

< Message edited by Lord Sinastr -- 8/11/2011 14:37:07 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
8/11/2011 14:39:44   
xxomegafaustxx

@frogbones

Exactly. My views also correlate to that of yours as I already expressed such opinions in my Post regarding the GAP issue. Intertwined with this issue is the Developers and marketers responsibility to remain culpable and liable for there actions and services given out to us clients. Why? Because the client should be more so valued than the enterprise itself because, as stated fervently in my posts, the vitality of an enterprise is directly proportional to the amount of users or clients and the support it garners as a successful corporation. POST (my opinions about this matter)

Constructive critism should be tolerable and not intolerable to the ED community. A customer should be entitled universally to speak out their opinions about the service and not be silenced. Constructive criticism is what ultimately helps the enterprise improve as a company and critically grow through such criticism into something far greater.

And to further enrich your argument: The Customer should have the utmost ability to exercise one's personal opinions . In a typical restaurant, if I patron is complaining about the food, does the owner of the restaurant ignore him/her bluntly? If the patron of the restaurant believes the food is excessively sour or bitter, does the owner of the restaurant continue to serve sour or bitter food and not change his attitude towards the customer? On a larger scale, such an instance could be magnified even further.

A doctor who treats the symptoms or illness of a patient must have a moral and ethical responsibility to impose no harm to him/her. IF anyone is knowledgeable of the Hippocrates oath a practicing doctor must take, then my point stands clear. If not, the oath simply states that a practicing doctor in accord to their abilities and their judgment shall never do harm to anyone (patient) they are diagnosing. In order to understand the trauma or difficulty of the patience he/she is experiencing, the doctor must understand why and how such a situation has occurred.

Would it surprise you that the doctor asks first to the patient "What seems to startle you, what did you eat, is there anything in particular you did, etc" to the patient before he/she goes on a parabola of plausible events that would have likely caused the situation. It is because the Doctor, in understanding the patient, must value the credibility of the patient's personal experience of the situation in order to correctly diagnose the problem. Similarly, the ED team must do the same.

And even if the patient lacks the knowledge of the doctor or is far from being remotely close to understanding the disorder,symptom or sickness on a "doctor's level", the doctor should never disregard the information given from the patient! A good doctor, in the event of diagnosing a patient, understands the situation the patient is in and becomes a much more tentative listener to the patient's problem. The patient can not change the situation he is in other than rely fully on the doctor's knowledge on his/her personal scenario. The patient values the advice from the doctor and the doctor must value the patient's credibility elaboration of his personal problem.

And if I haven't had the opportunity to do so, I was grieved upon hearing that the GAP forum was locked due to that fact that it may " devolve into flaming ". But in no instance did I conceive of any "flaming" that has evolved from it but mere speculation and insightful opinions that have been voiced from many intellectual users who feel an obligation to rectify the situation we are super-imposed in currently. And such an obligation should also be reached by the ED team and developers, not just us users.

And to say that "Discussions between varium and non-varium users tend to devolve into flaming" is in fact untrue. The very purpose of a forum likewise ED was to create healthy discussions between nonvarium and varium users. Already it seems, such "discussions" are biased in the forums and perhaps in the future. And remember, the forum was not exclusively for varium users, it was also for nonvarium users to access too. LAST POST

And to be honest, I am not blaming the mod who has enacted this course of action. I admit, I am I big LOUD MOUTH but that doesn't mean my opinions should not be valued more so than those who wish to do not talk. Perhaps if I were a mod, I would have likewise done the same. And if you are going to ban or remove this message, you are only doing yourself a disservice to the ED community.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/11/2011 14:48:48 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/11/2011 14:47:43   
One Winged Angel1357

@Faust you can even see on the last page big name Variums like Shad and Calli are respectfully argueing the same point you and I were making, you and I of course being the F2P part of a Varium Non Varium discussion.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/11/2011 14:54:28   
xxomegafaustxx

@One Winged Angel1357

Yes, I also notice such changes. And if I hadn't had the oppportunity to do so, I would like to extend a great thanks and appreciation to the varium users who also understand this situation on a mature level (the GAP). There are many great intellectual varium users out there like Callisto, Shadronic and Jzannu and their opinions should never go in vain. I also admire their reasoning and also opinions that challenge the system as we speak.

But I'm talking about something different. Because the GAP discussion was closed, I feel that the we are gradually being "limited to what we discuss" and it is almost as if, we're being censored as a community. No one can talk about this or that or luck, everything or anything you talk about boils down to some imposed parameters. The users should have the freedom to talk about what they want to talk about other than issues already discussed in a certain forum topic.

And am not arguing that these imposed parameters should never be implemented. IT should be there to organize the users' thoughts, not undermine them.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/11/2011 14:56:25 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
8/11/2011 14:55:52   
One Winged Angel1357

@Faust LB is asking for a reason why Discussion such as The Gap should be allowed and you being one of the best speakers here i think you should goto his policy topic and take him up on that offer
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
8/11/2011 14:58:17   
xxomegafaustxx

I hope that the GAP issue can be unlocked so that we can talk about the "discussion of Nonvarium and Varium" users in terms of the GAP or that similar topics may have the chance and ability to surface in the community. Other than that, thank you One WingedAngel for that clarification.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/11/2011 15:01:00   
IsaiahtheMage

@omegafaust I agree with one winged angel. You make some of the best post. You should really go to LB's new thread the "=ED=Forum Policy Changes" one. You are one of the best forum speakers.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
8/11/2011 15:01:27   
Thunder Lich

The Gap was a very interesting topic, I posted in it only once, but I enjoyed reading through it. It was very constructive focused on one of the main problems of the game on both sides, in both aspects of varium and nonvarium players. I hope it could be unlocked/undeleted.

Check out my awesome gear :P
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=Pavian
Post #: 46
8/11/2011 15:02:25   
Ubear

Change is never a bad thing in my opinion

*MUNCH* Your sig contains an advertisement. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
8/11/2011 15:20:20   
Sipping Cider

Gap discussion re-opened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Epic  Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Best foot forward
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition