Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2011 21:11:43   
TankMage

Here's a solution for chrome users to switch to an earlier version of flash incase you missed it;
quote:

Steps:

1. Type chrome://plugins/ in the address bar
2. Press the + button next to details if neccessary
3. Disable Shockwave Flash 10.3.r183

♦ Just a note; This will only work if you have an earlier flash player installed

Original post - Here

< Message edited by TankMage -- 8/12/2011 21:26:26 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 76
8/12/2011 21:34:23   
Synbad Syndicated

i don't know when it will be complete as it's still in testing phase, but when it does you can try htlm5 as a replacement for flash. here is a few comparisons i found. this and this. just like jobs i hate adobe and think this canvas project he is working own will become even more beneficial than flash as it closes the competition gap with it.
p.s. no one would expect this from me, but i do have other interest and hobbies other than gaming.

< Message edited by phrax -- 8/12/2011 21:35:07 >
Post #: 77
8/12/2011 21:35:51   
RKC

I feel that ED will always be in testing phase till I grow very, very old.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 78
8/12/2011 21:48:29   
Jatar The Legend

Congrats.
DF  Post #: 79
8/12/2011 21:55:20   
Wootz

BTW; It's a pain since you need to disable it every day as it enables itself.
AQW Epic  Post #: 80
8/12/2011 22:17:02   
Goony
Constructive!

Epic12312 ;)

Flash Player 11 is in Beta, so can look forward to some stability or will this just throw up some more issues?

Old players are leaving in their droves and activity amongst them is at the lowest levels for some time. Probably something you are aware of, but this is a gentle reminder that the delays are impacting harder than ever before!
Epic  Post #: 81
8/12/2011 22:20:21   
drinde

Meh, gonna wait to comment. Is the update going in this week? As in after Sunday or before....
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 82
8/12/2011 22:23:40   
AQ Guardian

Surprise! no updates again! yay!

AQ: AQ Guardian
MQ: MQ Guardian
AQ: AQ Guardian
AQ MQ  Post #: 83
8/12/2011 22:24:31   
Drakadh

@ AQ Guardian

Not really, they mentioned that on the DNs >:P
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
8/12/2011 22:26:37   
Epic Pwnser

@G00NY
I agree with you as a veteran.
I don't know what titan, nw, the entire team is trying to do. But it's like they're trying to... to sabotage themselves?
Maybe waiting it out might prolong how much money they profit off of ED

But really, this update that has been postponed for over a week now, and the GD change (not as much) is driving the veterans away. They feel they are mistreated, added with the inconsistency of new updates.

It's like we're literally stuck in time right now.

On topic: This post is on topic. Any more delays and my estimates analyze, a LOT of veterans are going to quit. You aren't doing the players any favors by making us wait and wait and wait...

< Message edited by Epic Pwnser -- 8/12/2011 22:27:02 >

Epic  Post #: 85
8/12/2011 22:26:42   
aqwshadowking14

I found this DN quite funny, they decided to tell us last minute that it was gunna get postponed. Mind as well leave this game as it is forever. :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
8/12/2011 22:28:28   
  Charfade

I know some of you want to hear from Titan or NW, however hopefully I can give you a little insight since I was in the room when they made the call not to release today. Titan is still going back and forth with the people at adobe. It goes something like this; Adobe says try this, Titan says okay... makes about 30mins - hour changes... we test, not comfortable with results, send off reply back to adobe, wait while we fiddle with more fixes... repeat. Since we seem to have narrowed down the problem with a new flash player which was published this week, at least you can try what NW said in the DN's, it should definitely help. Though it isn't an ideal solution.

Since ED performance takes first priority over balance we didn't get to test the balance changes fully. Which resulted in Titan not fully %100 comfortable with the results in the release, thus delay. Not what anyone wanted. In a ideal world everything works, and perfect. We strive for this, and though we usually plan to expect the unexpected, this little adobe snag really caught us off guard admittedly. I guarantee will be looking at it over the weekend and we have testers in now working on balance.

MQ Epic  Post #: 87
8/12/2011 22:30:12   
Epic Pwnser

Edit: In response to AQshadow

Where's the energy to produce the updates on time?
Where's the realization from titan and nw that the players are frustrated and there is a rising tide of anger coming from within?

I rest my case.

Edit: Glad to hear the response Charfade. Thanks!

< Message edited by Epic Pwnser -- 8/12/2011 22:32:37 >
Epic  Post #: 88
8/12/2011 22:30:59   
aqwshadowking14

@Charfade

Well at least it seems better than we got the full reason why we didn't get the update.....
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
8/12/2011 22:52:57   
Angel Of Chaos10

Week, after week, all you do is give us excuses. Every other flash game on the internet is able to give updates. How about AQW and Mechquest, and all of them? They had updates didn't they? You havn't released a real update in over a month. This is getting really pathetic. Charfade and Cindy, we need results, not excuses. With these new forum rules, we can't even express our discontent anymore. You should be ashamed. I cannot believe you would say "its not our fault this time!" Its your fault, every time. Its your problem you didn't see this issue sooner, and its your problem you keep lying to us. This update has been due for over a month. You should all be ashamed that you have gone as far as to let down your community and player base so profoundly. People pay for this game, and you let them down continually. I for one know that I will not be playing this game for the rest of the week, and probably not for the rest of this month. Its been ridiculous up until now, but as of today, its just pathetic. On another note, this already happened! Most of you haven't been around long enough, but EpicDuel had a huge issue with flash that postponed the Gamma release! Its Gamma all over again, except this time there is no end in sight AND its just a frikin balance update.

This is horrible. You all need to own up to what you have done. You have let your entire player base down, and no amount of apologizing will fix that. Only results will, results that don't ever seems to appear.

Angel

< Message edited by Angel Of Chaos10 -- 8/12/2011 23:07:44 >
Post #: 90
8/12/2011 22:56:22   
Larcell

Well, um...

Epic  Post #: 91
8/12/2011 23:00:21   
drinde

quote:

Damage Skills: Plasma Bolt, Fireball, Overload, Plasma Rain, Super Charge, Artillery Strike, Multishot, Surgical Strike, Bunker Buster, Plasma Cannon, Stun Grenade, EMP

Buffs: Technician, Field Commander, Reflex Boost,

Debuffs: Malfunction, Intimidate, Smoke

Shields: Defense Matrix, Energy Shield

Other: Hybrid Armor, Blood Shield, Assimilation, Super Charge, Toxic Grenade

What about Maul? It drains so much with Smoke debuffing...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 92
8/12/2011 23:05:40   
redxtra

awwwz nothing on static charge.....sadface
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
8/12/2011 23:07:10   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@drinde: Maul isn't being touched, nor is cheap shot. These skills both do normal strike damage with defense ignore, so they are already where they should be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
8/12/2011 23:08:26   
bluerain28

Stop complaining. Coding isnt easy. Fixing bugs arent't easy too
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
8/12/2011 23:09:37   
Drakadh

@BlueRain28

Agreed :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 96
8/12/2011 23:10:37   
The Shadow Creeper

@Angel Of Chaos10
cheers
the truth is reveled
Post #: 97
8/12/2011 23:12:37   
Lord Barrius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angel Of Chaos10

Week, after week, all you do is give us excuses. Every other flash game on the internet is able to give updates. How about AQW and Mechquest, and all of them? They had updates didn't they?
You mean "every other game owned by AE"? Because outside of AE, most Flash-based games do not update with anything approaching a regular schedule. In fact, most of them don't update at all. AE games are some of the very, very few Flash-based games on the internet that operate on such a massive scale, and AE is one of the only companies out there which offers releases as often as they do. Most F2P MMORPGs do not tend to push out major releases with the same speed and regularity as AE games. I've yet to find a single one that updated on a very regular basis. Not monthly or even weekly, as most AE games do.

Also, while I can't speak for ED's staff, we over at AQ have delayed major releases for months, even years, to ensure that the final product is the very best quality we can produce and nothing less. Archmage, Assassin, etc are just a few examples. We consider it an insult to you, the players, to slap together a lazy and untested release. I'm sure that the ED team takes pride in their work and does not want to give you anything less than a properly tested and functional release.

Please try to keep these facts in perspective when complaining about delays on releases. It's certainly okay to be upset about big delays, but quality is ALWAYS more important than speed.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 8/12/2011 23:13:47 >
Post #: 98
8/12/2011 23:16:08   
Angels Holocaust

Please Don't Be Mad At The Devs, There Doing The Best That They Can With Only 1 Programmer. This Was Indeed Adobe Flash Players Fault, Not There's. They Don't Want Us To Complain Again That's Why There Taking Their Time.

Don't You Understand? If This Balance Update Fails The Community Will Be Even More Angry And Raise More Hell.

For All I Care They Could Take Two More Months To Release The Balance Updates Because Waiting Is A Small Price To Pay For Perfection. Now Please, The Devs Are Already Stressed Enough No Need To Add More On Top Of It.

Let's Not Hate, Let's Appreciate.
Post #: 99
8/12/2011 23:23:52   
xXx83xXx

Taking after Buffy, I see. Angels..
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance
Page 4 of 10«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition