Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)
Page 1 of 2912345>»

=DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)

Continue the game in single player format, as is.
  64% (666)
Use the AQW engine to make DF into an mmo, but using the current style
  9% (94)
Render out the game into 3D with a new engine.
  14% (147)
Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech single player world.
  6% (68)
Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech mmo world
  1% (20)
Try to ultilize an EpicDuel style engine to for battles and PvP
  4% (44)

Total Votes : 1039

(last vote on : 3/21/2013 12:43:26)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/2/2011 23:34:15   
Blue Necromancer

quote:

geopetal
September 02, 2011
DragonCon Panel

We had a very fun and successful panel this year at DragonCon! Lots and lots of awesome fans showed up!

Panel Fans!

The Panel itself talked about tons of stuff! Everything from AdventureQuest Worlds to Ponies vs. Ponies! Even Voltaire stopped by to play a few songs from Spooky Songs for Creepy Kids!

Cleric, Rolith, Korin, Cysero, Artix, Nythera, Nightwraith, and J6.

Video of the panel should be available sometime next week for those of you curious enough to watch Zazul throw candy at random people for several hours.

The DragonFable portion of the panel consisted of me answering questions about various questions from the audience and then Artix and I posing one huge question to the crows having to do with Chapter 2. Basically.... should we change up the style of DF gaming experience? We have several options that we can explore and we'd like to hear from you!

Poll - OMG Chapter 2!
  • Continue the game in single player format, as is.
  • Use the AQW engine to make DF into an mmo, but using the current style of storyline and changing combat system to be more like the current DF style.
  • Render out the game into 3D with a new engine.
  • Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech single player world.
  • Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech mmo world (using the AQW DFified engine).
  • Try to ultilize an EpicDuel style engine to for battles and PvP (player suggestion during panel!)

Let us know what you think! (and hopefully someone can make this into a real poll in the DFGD!)

Personally I love the way DragonFable is and would hate to see it change. It's unique from all the other games and I love it the way it is. Thanks Team!

DNs and poll added, tagged. ~Z

< Message edited by Z.324 -- 9/3/2011 12:46:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
9/2/2011 23:35:18   
Paganinii

Stay as it is!!!
Please :)

MAGIC?! Oh, no no no, Paganinii. Magic is hardly the proper outlet for a mage such as you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/2/2011 23:36:07   
kors

just change it to 3D if we make it like AQW it will only lead to the same results...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/2/2011 23:37:17   
TheDoom

I'd LOVE to see it put into 3D, but not permanently unless it works really well.
DF  Post #: 4
9/2/2011 23:37:57   
dark ra

i like it as it is to i dont think id play if it became a mmo

but i do like dragon mech if it doesnt replace dragonfable in other words if there was new game called dragon mech b u guys i'd prob play
but not at the cost of getting rid of df
it would be fun to see it as a mmo if it where to keep its design i dont really like the aqw design but thats just me

< Message edited by dark ra -- 9/5/2011 2:58:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
9/2/2011 23:38:26   
nield
Creative!

Either keep as is, or 3D. None of the others take my fancy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/2/2011 23:38:59   
SlyCooperFan1

Keep it as is! As is, DragonFable is one of my favorite games. If DF merges with the AQW engine, or the ED engine, I'm definitely quitting. I hate ED, and HS/AQW are enough for me at the moment in MMOs. Combining DF with MQ will destroy the whole point of dragons, because it'll be more about mecha now.

Please, just keep it as is!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/2/2011 23:39:24   
Undead Slaya

maybe add in an epicduel-like pvp but besides that stay the same please
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
9/2/2011 23:39:50   
dragonfable so cool

i want it to stay like it is, but maybe have voice implemented like on some big cutscenes in aqw where the guys talk. i would love for that to happen.
AQ  Post #: 9
9/2/2011 23:40:59   
dragonking1314

Keep it as it is. If it changes, I'll demand a refund for my Dragonlord purchase and never play the game again. Just like AQW and MQ and HS, Dragoonfable has it's very own, unique style. I'd hate to see that change :(

Most kings have human servants. I reign over the kingdom of dragons- The Dragonking
DF AQW  Post #: 10
9/2/2011 23:40:58   
lordkaho
Creative!

1. All the way. Anyone who disagrees, gets strapped into in the wheel of torture and...

spoiler:

We force you to watch Delgo.

DF MQ  Post #: 11
9/2/2011 23:43:09   
FlameXero

Just seen the latest DN's wow the idea of changing DF to MMO? well np for me as long as its not monthly/yearly payment
again. i quitted AQW because of it...although the other suggestions in the poll we're fun though esp. rendering DF to 3D game.
cant wait for the poll here on DFGD :D

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/2/2011 23:43:10   
Hiraku Tatlin

quote:

"..Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech single player world."

I know I would also prefer DF to stay as is, the amount of creativity that can be given by putting DF and MQ together can be..astounding!

I'm probably not the only one who likes the idea of magitechnology >.>. And our dragons controlling robotic versions of themselves..
*continues blattering on ill-conceived plans to launch Cysero into space in a submarine-shaped like a rubber duck*

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 9/2/2011 23:44:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 13
9/2/2011 23:43:39   
Archangel Samael

3D? Depends on how the 3D-version will look like. Other than that, keep it as is. If they want to make another MMO with a similar artstyle to Dragonfable then they might as just make a new MMO.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
9/2/2011 23:43:46   
Eric Greydawn
Kensai

DragonMech....O.O think of the poshibilititezezezeezezezez.... I could have SO much fun with that!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
9/2/2011 23:43:46   
Wynne65

1)Continue the game in single player format, as is.

Repeat above as often as necessary! Please, PLEASE don't go messing around and trying to fix what isn't broke! It's nearly impossible to find a game I like now in single player format, with good quests, good storyline, and a more than generous sprinkling of humour. I was so overjoyed when I found DragonFable. Finally a game I won't get bored with after 2 to 6 months and be looking around again, and it's kept me amused for over 3 years.

Not everything needs to be 3D or MMO. PLEASE LEAVE DF AS IT IS!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 16
9/2/2011 23:44:14   
SKRALL213

Leave it the way it started no mmo no MQ no AQ no Epic Duel Its fine the way its bean when it came out

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/2/2011 23:45:31   
Razen

3. or 4., seriously, have any of you people SEEN how smooth Molehill runs? IT'S AMAZING.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/2/2011 23:45:40   
Ferakin

Keep as it is, definitely. DF works because of how it is. Some 3D in different parts would be neat though, like cutscenes and such. And definitely more voice acting.
DF MQ  Post #: 19
9/2/2011 23:48:41   
Wyker

1. yes! Yes yes yes! I love my dragonfable!
2. NO! I don't want my wonderfull community crumblig into the abyss of immaturity! AQW is plenty!
3. At first it sounds apealing, but it would be more laggy, generic and not as good of art.
4. Maaabye, but probably not. Then there would be no fantasy VS sci fi!
5. Dear god no!!
6. No. The reason why DF is so awesome, is because we work together, not against eachother! Adding people to your party and killing monsters would be great, but not against eachother!

CONCLUSION: a feature where you can add other online people to your party and do quests would be the best, but optional. So loners would still be happy.

EDIT: Firestone suggested there could be a online feature where you could invite people to your party and chat and work as a team to quests. I think that would make DF the most incredibly awesome game ever! PLEASE DO THIS!

< Message edited by Wyker -- 9/3/2011 10:48:28 >

"No! Try not... Do, or do not. There is no try..."

As a child I had the dream to fly on a dragons back, I think I am living that dream.

Fear the power of the Green Pineapple Burrito! Wyker & PoD"
DF  Post #: 20
9/2/2011 23:50:26   
TheRuinedShadow

Keep it as it is, why fix what is mostly unbroken?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
9/2/2011 23:51:33   
SilverSlayer

It must remain as it is, because changing dragonfable is like changing someone's home. the players will never get used to it if it was different in any way. Dragonfable isn't Dragonfable if even the slightest difference of what it is in it's current state. Dragonfable MUST not change! Doing so would cause a loss of many players who love Dragonfable just the way it is. It's perfect in every way as is. It should not be any different, for it's unique appearance and play-style is what makes it Dragonfable.

DF 4EVER!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
9/2/2011 23:51:53   
FlameXero

No Monthly Payment! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/2/2011 23:52:11   
Lord Vrael

100% keep it as it is and what Richard said
DF AQW  Post #: 24
9/2/2011 23:52:55   
tthorn4

I'd like to see it as an MMO, it just feels so empty not being able to flaunt my rares.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)
Page 1 of 2912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition