Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»

=DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)

Continue the game in single player format, as is.
  64% (666)
Use the AQW engine to make DF into an mmo, but using the current style
  9% (94)
Render out the game into 3D with a new engine.
  14% (147)
Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech single player world.
  6% (68)
Smash DF and MQ together into a DragonMech mmo world
  1% (20)
Try to ultilize an EpicDuel style engine to for battles and PvP
  4% (44)

Total Votes : 1039

(last vote on : 3/21/2013 12:43:26)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/7/2011 20:05:35   
Demit

It's not that I don't want change, I just don't like any of the ideas posted in the polls and I'm too lazy to think of an alternative.

Off-Topic: 777 votes!!! lol
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 626
9/7/2011 22:03:08   
des_zero

so is this poll ever gonna close?
DF  Post #: 627
9/7/2011 22:05:35   
Evil Chaser

I, personally think that this poll is a stupid one. Everybody loves Dragonfable as it is and only a small part of the players want it to change, it would become weird.

http://herosmash.artix.com/hs-character.asp?id=EVIL%20CHASER
My Herosmash Char.

I chase the Evil, I am not an evil guy that chases.
Understand? No? Whatever.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 628
9/7/2011 23:23:23   
GASKAL

The Question
(AQ Sugg)

@above:
Not exactly true. I myself see it has a huge potential to be an MMO. Did you know it's encyclopedia of weapons exceed(somewhat) those of AQ and AQW combined?

And it being only as an RPG is rather... holding back it's great potential. Of course, we don't want it to change into like other MMOs with all the complicated stuff that's added in. I'd like to see DF evolve into something better, however, still keeping the way the game works intact.
Graphics-wise and gameplay-wise could really be improved further. Like it's battle system; walk-about; wars; etc, have a huge potential to be better. Say, more 3D-like(something like RS)? Simple, yet great.

However of course, I would assume that most of us who play DF like it because of it's casual-ness gameplay. And would probably want it to be stuck that way instead of having it become a big game which will take awhile to load and stuff.
Though if that's the case, I couldn't agree more. But if I may speak for the staff, I'd say their paychecks could have another '0' to it if the game went 3D-MMO. I still like how it works compared to how AQW works. Just, if it does blow up to an MMO, it should keep how it works, and probably upgrade and tweak a few things here and there.

Then again, the staff could use this poll as an idea for a new game, that suites those who'd prefer the little something extra. Something like how WF is from AQ.

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 9/7/2011 23:24:49 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 629
9/7/2011 23:41:49   
Apocalyptic Silence

quote:

Continue the game in single player format, as is.

It would be much appreciated if it remained the same, the DF style with a single player format is more enjoyable in my opinion.
Post #: 630
9/8/2011 0:19:40   
Delgadoss

@GASKAL: I'd say that DF as a full MMO would cease to be the DragonFable we stick around for in a matter of months, at best.

In the end I can take that DF as a MMO means more people p(l)aying, but it will be different people. I'm hoping there's some clever enough people in AE who will find better ways to get more money from DF, if this is really needed (is it, though?).
Post #: 631
9/8/2011 0:29:58   
ThundrHamr

We should have a test realm where we can test all the options and then have an informed poll. It would be quite interesting and who knows, Dragon Fable could have many options, like you log in, then select which option to play in, and try the game in different modes. I would be just as good as quest making and guilds.

Doom of the Scourge of the Death of Lore!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 632
9/8/2011 0:33:39   
JPHL

I voted for one because this is the greatest game I've ever played and I'm scared of the scope of the other changes. Although being honest I'd be interested in heariing more about the singleplayer dragonmech I think it would be a train wreck but the staff can pull it off if anyone can. It could be workable but it seems rather too big of a change for me. and the 3d engine is something I would like to see an example of, I think it would add y work for the staff for a very small payoff but they are good so it might work. maybe try something like archknight where a sub game within df tests out dragonmech and 3d first would be appropriate. MMO would ruin the game for me. that is something I don't think even AE has pulled off well yet and I don't want them hurting df experimenting with it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 633
9/8/2011 1:36:06   
Celestine
Constructive!

DragonFable should remain as it is, a great RPGWD. (Role Playing Game With Dragons) Yes, it even has its own category.

If you change the playing style, you would be taking a risk at losing some of your player base.

Continue working in the direction you're heading in. It is blatantly obvious most of your players wish for that as well. (:
DF Epic  Post #: 634
9/8/2011 5:42:04   
LeonardoDaVinci

I'd say to smash DF and MQ together as a single player world. In MQ there is the Dragongourd Mecha that fought with the dragons and the chapter 2 could be about that with MQ stuff combined as well.
Post #: 635
9/8/2011 6:46:47   
megakyle777

WHy do we even need a poll at this point? The first option, while not as ahead as it was, is still in the lead by miles.
DF  Post #: 636
9/8/2011 6:57:02   
~Cursed Hero~

quote:

If you change the playing style, you would be taking a risk at losing some of your player base

Some? you mean many.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 637
9/8/2011 7:31:48   
Dracelix

but if instead of it being mmo, but having multiplayer features for pvp and wars and so on, then it would still keep the same playing style.
especially since df wouldnt be the same without its turn based combat, which is a huge difference from aqw.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 638
9/8/2011 7:57:12   
Dracojan

it should stay the same or be an mmo. i voted for mmo because i really like chatting with random ppl :D. df should be the same though.

it would be awesome if its semi mmo. its a single player game that has an area where we can see other ppl and chat with them. this 1 are could be aeris so players can fight each other. dmk would be totaly imba but its ok like that :D
DF  Post #: 639
9/8/2011 9:53:23   
Abdo

What Dracojan said is the only change that can happen,other than that,the game won't be good
DF AQW  Post #: 640
9/8/2011 11:07:37   
Reisarath

I Don't play DF wishing for an MMO; I play Dragonfable for its story. I wouldn't want an MMO version, (unless it's a separate game) Because we already have AQW and HS. 3D would be cool, but only in cutscenes. I play Dragonfable because of the way it is now, i don't want it to change too much.

Or perhaps if you just had multiplayer in towns?
You could join up with other players in a party, and go on quests together; only your party could come into the quest with you.

< Message edited by Reisarath -- 9/8/2011 11:24:18 >

AQW  Post #: 641
9/8/2011 14:32:17   
Valeron

Myself, I'd love to keep it the way it is. The style and charm of this game keep me coming back. MMO communities are generally horrible and complain even if they're given what they want. Don't want to see MQ smashed together with it either because of reason 1. However, the 3D thing would be an interesting experiment, especially if you had the option of it and your characters could carry over between the normal and 3D versions. If anything, it could be the basis for a future AE game (no Runescape style, that game looks horrible). Though, the EpicDuel option would be nice, but ONLY for the PvP part of the game. Make like a chat room type deal in the coliseum that allows you to actively search the people in that area and challenge them to a duel and other such things.

In short, stay the same, but experiment and see what the players like and don't like. I'd rather have a game where the devs COULD make money off of it (no monthly fees, I like the DA/DC system now) but where they also still have fun creating the game. If they didn't, DF would just turn into another dry, money-making online scheme instead of a game. (sorry if any of this sounds harsh)
DF  Post #: 642
9/8/2011 15:06:12   
xenofaust

i vote for option 1. but like several people have said, add an optional online friend/party system. i solo everything but it'd be fun. like the players are randomly chosen to be in order, or the party leader is the one who started the party, the map or town or dungeon chosen by popular vote, and a chat option given. then you can let the players roam in the area themselves, and combat is shared as group xp and gold. so if 3 people are in 3 different fights they get the same xp, in case they wanted to fight all 3. or they can opt to join into a union party and have all 3 in one group, to fight bosses. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 643
9/8/2011 16:14:47   
rontu

i wouldent mind having a mmo but there a few thing tht i hate about mmo it mostly laggy every where you go plus ive been a dragonlord for a few year im not giving tht up for a monthly payment so keep it the way its started since tht was how df was ment to be :)
DF MQ  Post #: 644
9/8/2011 17:23:23   
ch0c0b0mb

PLEASE keep dragonfable the same exept turn it into an mmo. 3D might cause lots of lag for people who play on old computers.
Post #: 645
9/8/2011 18:56:06   
Icecold979

Well I think y'all should keep it the way it is, it's great.
Although it'd be cool if you guys did something with the story line where it's like 20 or 30 years later or so, and your original character's son/daughter becomes a hero (and kinda inherits some of the powers and/or armor and weapons)
I don't know, you guys are better at this than me, but I just think it would be cool to have kind of a fresh start but still retain some power and some familiarity.
Post #: 646
9/8/2011 19:06:49   
lordkaho
Creative!

The staff just needs to improve the party system. We barely even bring "friends" to the party anymore despite knowing of the existence of that feature (Bringing 2 DmKs *ahem*), that and how it only makes the game more tedious by increasing the monster HP that it almost takes the fun away; making most people go solo.

An MMO would be catastrophic, but our best bet would this. Certain party combinations could give bonuses or nerfs depending on guest/friend in it (having Artix or any Paladin pair up with a Necromancer, Death Knight or a Doom Knight would give everyone a -25 bonus due to party uneasiness, a Dragon Slayer trio would have +75% more damage to Dragon-kind but bringing your pet dragon would lower bonus by 15, KAA's Summon Kathool gets stronger with the amount of "mage"type members in the party, Having a DmK in the party would lower every non-DmK member's stats due to fear, etc.).

You get the idea.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/8/2011 19:12:24 >

DF MQ  Post #: 647
9/8/2011 22:06:58   
warknight128

it's been almost a week, aren't they going to post any new design notes? I mean the poll is pretty much over, we already know who won.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 648
9/8/2011 22:17:57   
PusatShrade

I will enjoy a 3D game engine and a pvp like EpicDuel..
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 649
9/8/2011 22:26:45   
SKRALL213

we all might fine out tomorrow whats going to happened i hope they keep it as it is
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Design Notes September 2nd, 2011 (Plus poll)
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition