Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Design Notes 9/13 - Talk Like a Pirate Day! Live!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Design Notes 9/13 - Talk Like a Pirate Day! Live!
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/14/2011 9:45:18   
Midnightsoul

@prisibeterus

buffy went to go slay vampires. jk. XD

@on topic
i hope it doesnt look dumb. they should bring in the aquatic cleaver also from april fools since its a fish.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/14/2011 16:28:33   
EDluyil

All that means is that I need to waste more time on offers :/
Epic  Post #: 27
9/14/2011 17:00:50   
One Winged Angel1357

I wonder if they will somehow involve one of a pirates favorite things in teh form of a broken bottle
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
9/14/2011 17:08:31   
TurkishIncubus

i hope its not gonna be one more banana armor disaster :/

Epic  Post #: 29
9/14/2011 17:53:54   
DeathGuard

^Hope it is as cool as J6 BirthDay Suit armor in AQW.
Also, I'm waiting anxious for this release, sounds like fun and I got many credits to spare

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/14/2011 18:33:51   
ed_rox

Hey turkish, u got a prob with banana suit im using it okay.lol jkjk
Post #: 31
9/14/2011 18:45:04   
PivotalDisorder

Could be a Soul Blade and Pirate Hat :) Cervantes style!

< Message edited by psibertus -- 9/14/2011 18:46:46 >
Post #: 32
9/15/2011 8:43:41   
SouL Prisoner

so were is the things given in the DN ???? its not yet at tuna!!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
9/15/2011 10:00:25   
PivotalDisorder

@Soul Prisner: TLAPD is on the 19th
Post #: 34
9/16/2011 14:55:26   
PivotalDisorder

Nightwraith just tweeted the new Piratey hairstyles http://twitpic.com/6ltcuj
the hats look a bit weird :) bet the most popular female one is the braids

and now some of the weapons http://twitpic.com/6ltgsp
looks like a shark aux, shark claws, and some existing items overhauled with a nautical theme

< Message edited by psibertus -- 9/16/2011 15:07:16 >
Post #: 35
9/16/2011 15:46:22   
MirageD

just thought i'd re-post this from the other thread....in case it's useful

September 19th is TLAPD....here is some stuff from a TLAPD website (with some edits)...as i understand it, the primary purpose of all this is silliness

Pirate lingo is rich and complicated, sort of like a good stew.

But if you just want a quick fix, a surface gloss, a "pirate patina," if you will, here are the five basic words that you cannot live without. Master them, and you can face Talk Like a Pirate Day with a smile on your face and a parrot on your shoulder, if that's your thing.

Ahoy! - "Hello!"

Avast! - Stop and give attention. It can be used in a sense of surprise, "Whoa! Get a load of that!" which today makes it more of a "Check it out" or "No way!" or "Get off!"

Aye! - "Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did."

Aye aye! - "I'll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over."

Arrr! - This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make when you sit on a belaying pin. "Arrr!" can mean, variously, "yes," "I agree," "I'm happy," "I'm enjoying this beer," "My team is going to win it all," "I saw that television show, it sucked!" and "That was a clever remark you or I just made." And those are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr!

Advanced pirate lingo; or On beyond “Aarrr!”

Once you've mastered the basics, you're ready to start expanding your pirate vocabulary. Try these for starters

Beauty – The best possible pirate address for a woman. Always preceded by “me,” as in, “C’mere, me beauty,” You’ll be surprised how effective this is.

Bilge rat – The bilge is the lowest level of the ship. It’s loaded with ballast and slimy, reeking water. A bilge rat, then, is a rat that lives in the worst place on the ship. On TLAP Day – A lot of guy humor involves insulting your buddies to prove your friendship. It’s important that everyone understand you are smarter, more powerful and much luckier with the wenches than they are. Since bilge rat is a pretty dirty thing to call someone, by all means use it on your friends.

Bung hole – Victuals on a ship were stored in wooden casks. The stopper in the barrel is called the bung, and the hole is called the bung hole. That’s all. It sounds a lot worse, doesn’t it? On TLAP Day – When dinner is served you’ll make quite an impression when you say, “Well, me hearties, let’s see what crawled out of the bung hole.” That statement will be instantly followed by the sound of people putting down their utensils and pushing themselves away from the table. Great! More for you!

Grog – An alcoholic drink, usually rum diluted with water, but in this context you could use it to refer to any alcoholic beverage other than beer, and we aren’t prepared to be picky about that, either. Call your beer grog if you want. We won’t stop you! Water aboard ship was stored for long periods in slimy wooden barrels, so you can see why rum was added to each sailor’s water ration – to kill the rancid taste. On TLAP Day – Drink up, me hearties! And call whatever you’re drinking grog if you want to.

Lubber – (or land lubber) This is the seaman’s version of land lover, mangled by typical pirate disregard for elocution. A lubber is someone who does not go to sea, who stays on the land. On TLAP Day – More likely than not, you are a lubber 364 days of the year. But not if you’re talking like a pirate! Then the word lubber becomes one of the more fierce weapons in your arsenal of piratical lingo. In a room where everyone is talking like pirates, lubber is ALWAYS an insult.

Smartly – Do something quickly. On TLAP Day – “Smartly, me lass,” you might say when sending the bar maid off for another round. She will be so impressed she might well spit in your beer.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
9/16/2011 16:02:15   
PivotalDisorder

Updated DNs http://epicduel.artix.com/gamedesignnotes/

quote:

Pirate Booty *Update*!

In order to make enough epic weapons for everyone, Varium and non-Varium alike, we're taking a bit more time to finalize and test the TLaPD weapons. Look for them to drop at BigTuna's shop in the West Naval Yard around the actual Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19).

quote:

Pirate Cheevo! Stop by a VendBot anywhere on Delta V to pick up the TLaPD achievement for 1500 Battle Tokens!

quote:

Making the Lag Beast Walk the Plank!

Titan and his new assistant have been working feverishly all week to determine the source of the recent lag woes in EpicDuel, which have caused skipped turns and other bizarre and annoying bugs. Are two heads really better than one? We'll find out soon enough! Literally ever action in the game have been examined to address the problem, which means drastic changes abound through the engine. If you notice any new bugs crop up, please report them in the forums!

Post #: 37
9/16/2011 16:03:35   
TurkishIncubus

i didnt understand when it is , today? or 19th?
Epic  Post #: 38
9/16/2011 16:05:59   
DeathGuard

Turkish: In monday I suppose.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
9/16/2011 16:10:07   
PivotalDisorder

think its an update tonight and then maybe an early update on the 19th for all the weapons. he doesn't want to alienate certain classes
by releasing some weapons now and some in a few days.
Post #: 40
9/16/2011 16:11:33   
DeathGuard

^That works for me
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/16/2011 17:28:16   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Looks like the Dragon-con varium hair/helms are gone.

Very nice TLPD achievement. How long will the achievement be available?
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
9/16/2011 17:40:39   
Rayman
Banned

Jzaanu: i think when TLAPD is Over
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
9/16/2011 18:23:18   
edwardvulture

DragonCon helms still here. love how they made it possible to go back to the last hairstyle by just clicking left.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
9/16/2011 18:26:44   
Fay Beeee

Did anyone try and change the flag. I did a pirate style and it doesn't hold. :(
Epic  Post #: 45
9/16/2011 18:31:14   
Basicball

i checked them out, but i didn't actually swich, giemme a minute, i'll try

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/16/2011 18:33:13   
Fay Beeee

Thanks Basic :)
Epic  Post #: 47
9/16/2011 18:36:02   
Basicball

it's bugged, i checked will you post it in bugs? i'll tweet it to the devs
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
9/16/2011 18:38:45   
Fay Beeee

Thanks Basic done :)
Epic  Post #: 49
9/16/2011 18:44:02   
LambO

Can you change it to buy a weapon recieve the achievement?
I don't have 1,500 tokens nor do I battle, I got varium...

LambO
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Design Notes 9/13 - Talk Like a Pirate Day! Live!
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition