Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 23 of 23«<1920212223
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2012 5:41:34   
lordkaho
Creative!

So after such a long wait, chapter 20 (the proper one) is finally up!

This one is pretty 'special', so I hope you guys like it.

DF MQ  Post #: 551
12/24/2012 6:11:50   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

Suddenly, a loud earth shaking boom ranh throughout the chamber.

ran
quote:

A face that would then defy all of logic.

Mental image of Tron from Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal comes to mind.

Appleton looks very .... wrong in that image, but may I remind you ....

quote:

ORIGINAL: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17639380

Illustrations should be of reasonable size (at the discretion of the forum staff) and have a maximum file size of 100kb and be no larger than 400X400. The maximum number of images embedded in any story is six and should not be animated.

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 12/24/2012 6:14:27 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 552
12/24/2012 6:35:02   
lordkaho
Creative!

Fix'd. The previous embedded images are now attached via links and I recall Faerdin said that it was a-ok using only links.

By the way, I forgot one crucial detail as I was releasing stuff in a hurry as always. This chapter contained music, which I forgot to add earlier, so I suggest rereading it again. Sorry if your impressions wouldn't be the same because of your initial read.

------------------------

quote:

Appleton looks very .... wrong in that image,

Which image and in what way? QUALITY image kind of wrong or just 'sick' wrong?

Oh, and how was it overall?

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 12/24/2012 6:44:58 >
DF MQ  Post #: 553
12/24/2012 14:21:14   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Indeed, as I believe that the rule on images applies primarily to the use of image tags. Settling for a link to show pictures from this point should not be an issue.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 554
12/24/2012 21:35:37   
Glais

Music went well.

I adored the DragonLord hype here, even if it sort of never happened.
And for whatever reason I always see Innocentius as Gilgamesh.

Well, I've lost my former fondness for Lawrence. Suppose that's a good thing.
DF MQ  Post #: 555
12/24/2012 23:52:22   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I adored the DragonLord hype here, even if it sort of never happened.

Well, in this story at least, Dragonlords and Doomknights have switched places in the power level scale. The former are so powerful that they are a thing of myth and legend, but it also meant that they are so rare to the point everyone except a few scholars have forgotten about them, believing them to be an extinct order. Some of them simply exist in children's stories.

Dragonlords simply needed a lot more respect, which they unfortunately lost against the more popular Doomknight, that and in the game, I find them somewhat suffering the 'Guardian As Mooks' Syndrome (There's quite a lot of them running around doing nothing eh?)

quote:

And for whatever reason I always see Innocentius as Gilgamesh.

Nah, Innocentius is star systems away from being THAT arrogant. He is a living definition of Large Ham, but he's not a the greatest bully to ever grace reality.

quote:

Well, I've lost my former fondness for Lawrence.

All according to plan then.

DF MQ  Post #: 556
12/25/2012 0:12:45   
Glais

quote:

(There's quite a lot of them running around doing nothing eh?)

Agreed in full. An entire town of DragonLords always felt a bit silly to me.
As for Gilgamesh, I meant moreso in appearance.

Funny, that's how I plan to have the DLs as well (though I won't be downplaying DoomKnights, at least not too much). Funny since though the stories crossover, we're still developing these ideas independently and yet they still coincide.

I kind of expected that heh.
DF MQ  Post #: 557
12/26/2012 10:22:54   
Mortarion

This latest chapter was incredible, I would have never thought that Innocentius fears where so deep. I also would have never thought that Lawrence would have so much knowledge, why do I think that if she wanted, she could easily control the whole Inquisition? That is,if she doesn't has it in her grasp as of this chapter.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 558
12/26/2012 20:30:54   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I would have never thought that Innocentius fears where so deep.

I think you're referring to Honorius, and yes, he's a very 'insecure' man. You could say the religion he started about worshipping the King would be some sort compensation for his low self esteem, but I'll leave that part for you guys to figure out.

quote:

I also would have never thought that Lawrence would have so much knowledge, why do I think that if she wanted, she could easily control the whole Inquisition?

But the thing is, she doesn't want to. In the epilogue of the Dragon Path, she herself stated that she's just part of the audience, but she will intervene if it meant moving the plot.

DF MQ  Post #: 559
12/26/2012 21:09:18   
Mortarion

Hmm yes, bt despite that, she seems to have shifted from audience to director for me, well, it's your vision. And yes, thanks for correcting me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 560
12/28/2012 4:49:24   
lordkaho
Creative!

Chapter 21 is up.

From this chapter, you guys might also notice what my new interests are.
DF MQ  Post #: 561
12/28/2012 8:46:19   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

Thick, black smog puffed out of the iron chimneys; tell metal spires that crowned the massive brick building below.

tall

quote:

covering his nose from the dense smoke that came out from the endlessly toiling machines.

I was expecting the mention of a handkerchief, to be honest.

quote:

For them to maintain such consistency in quality was one of the major reasons the family name is so highly regarded as the top dealer of arms in the world of warfare and business.

was

quote:

Stroking his impressive, salt-and-pepper beard, Adolf greeted Frederick with a hand wave<>

So this Mana Jammer makes the fate of Battleonia rely on the gnomes of the continent? Then again, they use magiscience and I have no idea how that works against a Mana Jammer. An ArchMage then? No, those are "extinct".

Of course, this makes me wonder .... were a Mana Jammer to fall into the core of Lore would that destroy the planet?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 562
12/28/2012 9:06:50   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

So this Mana Jammer makes the fate of Battleonia rely on the gnomes of the continent? Then again, they use magiscience and I have no idea how that works against a Mana Jammer.

Not only the gnomes. But EVERY engineer/artisan available.

A Mana Jammer, like what its name implies, jams the flow of mana around a certain vicinity. It will interrupt the casting of spells or make them go awry, which often result in 'ugly' results. Just think of it as a blood vein popping up.

Once they mass produce this, it will be clear that the Tibattleonian armies will have to be forced to resort to conventional arms. Their only chance is for them to capture some of the enemy's hardware and reverse engineer them or undergo miraculous technological advancement. But as we all know, wars tend to push technological advancement to a stunning rate. And the Inquisition is hellbent on doing everything to win this war.

By the way, this is the 'Dark Age' of Lore that I have been mentioning before, i.e. War is hell, the horrors of war, each side has their atrocities, victors write history, etc. So once this Act kicks into full gear, expect it to be the climax of this entire story, in that it's probably going to take longer than other subsequent Acts.
quote:

Of course, this makes me wonder .... were a Mana Jammer to fall into the core of Lore would that destroy the planet?

Hopefully, no one is stupid enough to do that. The presence of a Mana Jammer alone might result in the terrain at Battleonia to deform due to its magical nature.

By the way DD...You still haven't answered my last question. >_<

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 12/28/2012 9:07:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 563
12/28/2012 9:22:13   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

Wrong in the way that she looks like this scary person you find staring at you when you wake up.

quote:

Hopefully, no one is stupid enough to do that.

I'll take that as a yes.

Of course, this still leaves me to wonder which nations the Aurelius family warred with prior to Battleonia. Am I to believe that in a world like Lore, they did not face magic before?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 564
12/28/2012 9:50:43   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Am I to believe that in a world like Lore, they did not face magic before?

They could have , but as arms dealers they made sure that they would revolutionize the field of battle in such a way they were also marketing their weapons. The Eastern continent (which is obviously not canon by the way) has long ceased using magic in favor of the more 'approachable' technology. It was easier for a peasant who had no prior combat knowledge to just shoot a veteran who still relied on archaic weaponry. Another cause for this was that magic, while infinitely flexible, took ages to master. The people of that continent got too impatient and instead chose the easier solution.

As for in the field of battle, while soldiers reinforced with magic were superior, they ate too much mana. (Beyond this line, I'm practically making up rules as I go so do forgive me)

It was too costly to the user to continuously maintain an enchanted sword, rather than to develop a weapon that was consistent in firepower. Then there's the issue with the development of gun powder.

The invention of field guns and artillery displaced the role of battle mages as support to massed infantry, as they could fire shells going at several thousand meters per second and from incredible distances, far faster than any mage could cast a spell, even with the help of speed casting.

They however, do use some form of magic. It is in the form of Alchemy, the art of transmutation/manipulation of matter, and in some cases, the creation of it. This is the only closest thing to magic being widely practiced there, but they see it more as a form of science.

Anyway, if I'm opening too much plot holes here. Let's just say these people forgot about what magic really is. That's why Frederick warned Adolf for being too confident in their technology, considering that he, is a native from that continent. But with the Magic Jammer, it doesn't matter much now.

And lastly, expect a temporal genre shift soon. A HUGE one.

----------------------

I also forgot to mention the OTHER beings like elementals and other magical beings. Well it is possible most, if not, all are hunted into extinction and whose territories and natural habitats were eventually taken away with the rapid spread of civilization. Dragons in Tibattleonia are already myths, so in that continent (I really need to make up a name sooner or later), something as common as a fairy would be the equivalent of cryptids.

But as for the notion of the Elemental Lords and their avatars wanting to regain the balance...I admit I'm pretty much stuck X_X

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 12/28/2012 10:29:03 >
DF MQ  Post #: 565
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 23 of 23«<1920212223
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition