Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/22/2011 21:48:47   
AQWPlayer

^
Of course, because TLMs are the only ones who can have a good chance of pwning another TLM.
AQW  Post #: 26
9/22/2011 21:49:30   
Wraith

Forgot bounties, aqw
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/22/2011 21:58:15   
AQWPlayer

^
Even bounties aren't all that good against a TLM. If the TLM used a support build with assault bot, max reroute, max hybrid, and max poison grenade, and the rest into atom smasher, would the BH still stand a good chance against it?
AQW  Post #: 28
9/22/2011 22:14:05   
goldslayer1

@aqw
its all about strategy.
and IMO BH is probably the best to handle poison builds.

all str type attacks were nerfed (so dont come saying only BH got nerfed and that it should be buffed later)
but strikes weren't
so i think BH is still good with str builds. they just need better fine tuning now a days with more thought into it.

in fact im kinda glad str BH got a little nerfed.
cause frostbites is coming back next winter and i dont want hordes of newbs copying str BH builds and getting good % when they never thought out the build or a strategy

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 9/22/2011 22:22:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
9/22/2011 23:07:18   
AQWPlayer

quote:

i dont want hordes of newbs copying str BH builds and getting good % when they never thought out the build or a strategy

Isn't that exactly what is happening right now with TLMs?
AQW  Post #: 30
9/22/2011 23:20:14   
goldslayer1

@aqw
yes because of delta maul.
but u also hae to remember some TLMs use strategy so they go beyond the average %
(right now im like 98% in the boards, but ur average player will get 85%-90%. ur medium expect will get slightly above 90% and expert can get 100% if played right)
str BH already had its long run of like 9 months of reign of nothing but pure 95% winrate
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/22/2011 23:43:53   
Xendran

Done.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 32
9/23/2011 0:21:18   
PD

^^ No stat problems after that is done eh?

Now let's just sit back, and let that be implemented :D
Post #: 33
9/23/2011 5:11:13   
Wootz

Time for a big post ;)

I thought of some suggestions for Cyber Hunters and Blood Mages. Which in my opinion would even them to the level of Tactical Mercenaries.

Cyber Hunters:

• Skill Name: Cyber Stealer
  • Description: This skill is a passive that acts like BloodLust ( You attack, you get HP ); However, the ammount of the HP you would regen is the % of current EP in the opponents Energy Pool.

• By Levels
    1. 2%
    2. 4%
    3. 5%
    4. 6%
    5. 7%
    6. 8%
    7. 9%
    8. 10%
    9. 11%
    10. 12%

• How it would work in a battle:
    Round 1:
    Player A ( Opponents) has 100 EP and attacks you.
    Player B ( You ) attacks and with the Cyber Stealer on Max he'd regen 12 HP, since the opponents EP is 100 and 12% of 100 is 12.
    Round 2:
    Player A uses a skill that takes 50 EP and is left with 50 EP in his Energy Pool.
    Player B attacks and with the Cyber Stealer on Max he'd regen 12% of 50 which is around 6-8 HP
    -----------

Blood Mages:

• Skill name: Blood Swap
  • Description: This skill is a passive that acts like BloodLust ( You attack, you get HP, EP in this situation ); However, the ammount of the EP you would regen is the % of current HP in the opponents Health Pool.

• By Levels:
    1. 2%
    2. 4%
    3. 5%
    4. 6%
    5. 7%
    6. 8%
    7. 9%
    8. 10%
    9. 11%
    10. 12%

• How it would work in a battle:
    Round 1:
    Player A ( Opponents) has 100 HP and attacks.
    Player B ( You ) attack the opponent and get blocked, wasting Energy; by the Blood Swap you would regen 12% of 100 HP which is 12 EP back.
    Round 2:
    Player A attacks.
    Player B attacks and and takes 50 HP of opponents Health Pool; by the Blood Swap he'd regen 12% of 50 HP which is 6-8 EP back to his Energy Pool.
    ----------------------
    Whatcha think?
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 34
    9/23/2011 5:51:02   
    drinde

Give TtMs Static Charge and CHs Reroute. Would that work?

@below
    Fine. How about replacing Shad Arts with Surgical/Deadly Aim, and giving Tacts Assimilation? Gotta stop the reroute.

< Message edited by drinde -- 9/23/2011 5:55:52 >
    DF MQ Epic  Post #: 35
    9/23/2011 5:54:35   
    Wootz

Hell no. Then I'd want my money back and I'd quit forever and CH would suck 50% more then it does atm.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 36
    9/23/2011 6:08:15   
    SouL Prisoner

well after the after of the update of TLaPD weapons, the difference between a varium and a non varium player has imensly reduced !!

seriously "wtf" pirate cannon 6slots , 33+ damage n 15 total stats so much!!! even being a (non varium weapon!!) now that's = to the zooka called cupid or smthing which cost varium and is a seasonal rare for the valentine .

if the non varium weapons r as good as varium "then wats the point of buying" the varium weapons????

i hve seen many players having varium guns but still uses the new TLaPD gun , y??? well its much better than many other varium weapons !!

ill give an example : lets take the varium gun plasma ACP on one side and the other side ( the new pirate gun) . plasma ACP 4slots , 31+ damage n 18 total stats ... pirate blunderbuss . 6slots , 33+ damage and 16 total stats . ok *is this now fair or is it even sense full or reasonable for any1 to buy that gun animore ????(ACP) n if u say that players will buy this gun once the TLaPD weapon r gone . well ur still wrong then ( check out the weapo0ns at the old fortune city!!) its hell to much !!!!

wats ur opinion guys ??

[discus]

Merged into the Balance Discussions thread. Anything related to balance belongs here. Please do not make additional threads about balance. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 15:57:16 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
    9/23/2011 6:14:15   
    Arcanis

quote:

if the non varium weapons r as good as varium "then wats the point of buying" the varium weapons????

Then don't buy them
    AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
    9/23/2011 6:15:33   
    T.600

You're comparing the new non-varium items to lower level varium items. The new non-varium weapons certainly reduce the gap between varium and non-varium players but varium players still have a very strong advantage in battle. If you compare the new non-varium items to other level 33 varium items, then you'll see that the new non-varium weapons' stats are reasonable. If you take a look at the Pirate Cannon (non-var aux) and the E Megalazooka, you will see that the varium auxillary is far superior. It has 3 extra stat modifiers, one extra damage, 2 extra slots and it looks much better than the non-varium one. Both weapons have a similar amount of requirements, but this is probably something that was done with the intention of reducing the gap. The Pirate Cannon costs more credits as well by the way.

And even if you compare the items to older varium items, they aren't really that great. I'll compare a level 33 non-varium auxillary, Pirate Cannon to a level 30 varium auxillary, Cupid's Bane just to prove that the older, lower levelled varium items are still not bad. Cupid's Bane has 3 extra stat modifiers, 3 less damage, 2 more slots and it looks much better than the Pirate Cannon. They might be close to equal, but remember that the Pirate Cannon is 3 levels higher so you would except it to exceed the power of lower level weapons even if it's a non-varium item.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 9/23/2011 6:21:36 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
    9/23/2011 6:33:58   
    SouL Prisoner

well the gap is really needed if they want to be even a "bit " fair to the varium players!!! * dude we(varium players) pay for the game we deserve the advantage * a "higher advantage " !!!

even if ani1 call this unfair , i agree but that how its suppose to be >>

t.600 1ques to u (y did u buy varium weapons???) well the anser be coz ur jobless or dam rich and dont noe how to or on wat to spend cash???

or coz u want to be stronger than the non varium???

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
    9/23/2011 6:40:06   
    T.600

^I bought varium items to support the game, to have an advantage over other players (be able to play competitively) and to buy good looking weapons. I don't see any non-varium players going around and beating the crap out of varium players so therefore your argument is invalid. You pay for the game, you get a significant advantage in battle. Most varium players should be able to beat all non-varium players with ease as long as they are not unlucky and as long as you have a decent build along with a good strategy. Surprisingly enough, non-varium players are people too, and they have helped the game in many ways, but just not financially. There's no need to feel jealous or be discriminatory towards them just because they've finally got some decent weapons for the higher level non-varium players.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
    9/23/2011 6:46:24   
    drinde

Most of the Non-Varium community can't even afford half the Enhancements in their equipment. Now there are better weapons for them, they get to stand up to Varium users more efficiently, but they don't match a Varium Player with good equipment. It will still be challenging for a Free Player to beat a Varium user.
    DF MQ Epic  Post #: 42
    9/23/2011 6:54:14   
    SouL Prisoner

quote:

^I bought varium items to support the game
    reallly??????

lol their's many games that need "ur support" :P u any kind of social worker???? ... cmon dude u cant juzz bluff around!!!!!

u only bought varium so u can hve more advantage and more fun than the non varium player (which indirectly helps the game, in sort u calling this with another name " supporting the game")

n ya ... m not against non varium players or jelious of them !!! m actually thank full to them for playing (reason: if their was only varium players then v could never had better win% xD)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
    9/23/2011 7:04:14   
    EDBrainMaster2.0

Dude, you certainly have a poblem for the wrong reason. Dude, I could never imagine a varium complaining about the how gap has been reduced when its so clear that variums still have the major advantage. Iv seen varium not completed with weps and still have more stat modifiers then a fully equipped variums. It's the enhancements that are the problem. Not everything should be enhanced-able. When it was just armor, I was fine. Primary, still fine. But man....ALL of them?!ur basically adding stats and that's how the gap has been so large. The only way to win as non varium is to somehow get lucky or hope ur varium opponent is dumb enough to be tricked lolz.
    Post #: 44
    9/23/2011 7:09:21   
    PivotalDisorder

can we stop repeating this please. a handful of good players not having problems with tac mercs doesn't mean their isn't a major balance issue with them
    and support. we want the balance team to actually get the balance right, not be misled by an elitist player who has a build that works against the OP class.
    especially when that players main character is THAT op class.
    Post #: 45
    9/23/2011 7:09:52   
    SouL Prisoner

but u guys do agree that the gap has been reduced????

it was never b4 lyk this!!! u noe how difficult its become to win a jugg match when ur opp's r lyk lvl 28-30..... its terrible .. i had np b4 even if i had 2 lvl 30's opp's but now (its a night mare)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
    9/23/2011 7:11:14   
    Calogero

Haven't really checked the other weapons out but imo that blunderbuss gun needs a ' fix '....

Favors Support builds way to much

Having a Signature is too mainstream
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
    9/23/2011 7:22:32   
    SouL Prisoner

lol

finallly 1 supporter !!!! xD
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
    9/23/2011 7:33:14   
    BlueKatz

@andy123 yep, but support is nearly the only build Non Var Mer can use. Idc about TLM since they will be nerfed away soon.

There's a noticeable gap between Var and non var items at the same level. With 4 items it's around 20 stats different and a lot of damage different... what else do you want?
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 49
    9/23/2011 7:35:42   
    SouL Prisoner

well my only point is "its reduced" its ofcourse less than b4......
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
    Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition