Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: TLaPD weapons too strong!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: TLaPD weapons too strong!!!
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/23/2011 15:08:52   
Lecouth
Banned

The gap hasn't changed at all. Varium users get better weapons,more enhancements,and more features
like extra tokens/exp from vendbot. 10 enhancements is over 100k credits. but for varium its 1700.
These nonvar weapons haven't changed anything. There just more weapons for nonvariums. Just like
how variums got more weapons in this update too. So stop complaning about the gap when variums
get better everything.
Post #: 101
9/23/2011 15:09:01   
skeletondude

@tweat: ur joking right you actually think that the gap is closed, look more closely because ur wrong so what let the devs make more lvl 33 weaps their jus tryin to close the gap.
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
9/23/2011 15:09:41   
PD

Ok, so we seem to not get the point...

You assert that the gap needs to exist. I respect that. What you're arguing is again of arbitrary condition. "The Gap" as we call it depends. Some call it too wide. Others too narrow. It's all based on the perception of how far the advantage of varium should be.

Unfortunately your view of the gap being narrow isn't the same for everyone else's. To some the gap is still too wide.

It'll become a battle of opinions rather than a fixable problem. If you want to fix a problem, you've got to understand the situation in everyone's shoes.

Post #: 103
9/23/2011 15:15:38   
Wraith

Buff all varium weapons. +2 dmg to all varium weaps. +5 stats.

No way I buy varium anymore. Lecouth your just another nonvarium that can't play well. Frostlich beat me when he was fully f2p.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
9/23/2011 15:20:12   
PD

^^ I'm not going to defend Lecouth, but does an anecdote of a single experience really represent the sum of all things to be true int the sense that it be the driving argument for the assertion that Variums need an even larger buff?

< Message edited by PD -- 9/23/2011 15:22:25 >
Post #: 105
9/23/2011 15:22:05   
Wraith

A non varium tlm shouldn't be able to beat me. He had a noob build, best weapons. :l
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
9/23/2011 15:24:00   
PD

You didn't answer the question. Does an anecdote of an experience really count as a argument for proving your points?
Post #: 107
9/23/2011 15:24:08   
skeletondude

@PD: large buff .Wanna make the gap as long as the wall of china??

< Message edited by skeletondude -- 9/23/2011 15:26:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
9/23/2011 15:25:10   
Dendavex

Seasonal rares are suppose to be stronger than Permanent weapons
Epic  Post #: 109
9/23/2011 15:33:06   
PD

Wait... really? I haven't seen anything saying that rares should be more powerful than normal weapons. Please show me conclusive and overwhelming evidence saying that rares have a specific birthright to be powerful. I'm asking for evidence because I don't agree with the notion.

And I personally* do not want the gap to be as long as the Great Wall of China. If you look at my posts and interpret them correctly, there's nothing saying I support a large buff for variums. I assert that since money is arbitrary in value and concept, I personally do not agree with notion of asserting the rights of "paying customers. This does not mean I don't like paying people nor does that say I do like them. All it says is that I do not agree with the notion, and nothing more of it.

I just roll different; I desire to prove things holistically instead of trying to assert truth via a personal experience.

*note that I say personally and not should be

< Message edited by PD -- 9/23/2011 15:35:14 >
Post #: 110
9/23/2011 16:51:32   
TweakTrueHeart

i never once said there is no gap their is but when non var items come in that are that well stated and able to be enhanced it cut the gap out sagnifigantly. all im trying to say is i know they are trying to make the gap smaller making it fair for non var but by making the gap to small it almost makes it pointless in people spending money on var to get "better weapon" when they wont be that much better, only enough to show that there is a differance. i think its cool to give non var a chance to be stronger with out spending money but just dont over do it by making the differances so mall that you nearly seal the gap between var and non var

Edit: i have one last not to add. in a way yes people with varium items should have the big gap differance compaired to non varium. we spend the money we earn working hard each day just so we can do well in the game. and for those of us who love this game we spend good ammounts of money. so the gap shouldnt be small it should be the way it has been. i spent about 200$ so far and i know others who have spent in the thousands on this game. we spend our money to help support and i know lots of people who would not be happy if that gap got shortened dramatically. the only people who think the gap should be a lot smaller are people who wont spend money on varium. If it wasnt for the people who spend money on this game there would be no game. they rely on us to help and if that gap changes drastically a lot of people wont spend money on this game any more. its only being talked about because lots of people who dont want to spend money on the game are complaining about how varium users are so much better but were only better because we worked hard to make the money to get where we are now. i worked very hard i pay my bills and still try to make room to be able to juggle some cash for this game and i feel its not right that people complain that we get varium. i have people all day every day telling me that they hate me or i suck or some crap because i get varium and i will beat them or say that about various other players. i think its not right and i feel things should just remain the same.

Posts merge. Please don't double post. Either edit your first post, or wait till someone else post after yours. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 17:12:53 >
Post #: 111
9/23/2011 17:09:15   
edwardvulture

I think with more updates like this, the gap will be at a good spot, add credit enhancement sellback and the gap will be just the right size.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 112
9/23/2011 17:12:28   
DeathGuard

I really don't agree on rares being more powerful that permanent, only if they are outdated. If you haven't seen, plasma acp and the other guns at slayer were really good back in gamma and at the beginning of Delta, but now with the new weps at Exile Leader (NPC), the guns and auxes are really powerful for their level, also the lvl of the weps also matters, a lvl 31 gun won't be better than a lvl 33 gun.
I'm not pointing/contrasting anyone's post, I'm giving my opinion so no flaming towards me.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
9/23/2011 17:43:39   
PivotalDisorder

@PD: the new standard for enhancements clearly puts seasonal rares above permanent items. if the devs decide thats what they want then that is what we get.
so yes it is their birthright to be more powerful than a weapon of equal level. seriously, not even sure where you were going with that birthright stuff, this is a game.

the gap has closed but you put a team of full variums, fully enhanced against 2 non variums who are guaranteed to only be partly enhanced, the likely winner is
the varium team still. now its a generalisation, builds, luck, who goes first etc can all play a part and the non variums might win. that is awesome. just awesome.

and I've never had a non-varium level capped character. the odds are still in our favour, just now its competitive and not soul destroying for the non variums.

Post #: 114
9/23/2011 23:04:02   
drinde

Oooo, thought of a new way to stop Heal-Looping.

In a Battle, you use Field Medic, it goes into a 4 turn cooldown. After you use it again, it goes into a 5 turn cooldown. And so on.

Frenzy should work like the Robot, cooling down with Field Medic.

Also. Instead of Static Heals, how about this?

A LV-UP of Field Medic allows the increase of the maximum of the Heal.

For example, a LV1 Field Medic can heal up to 40 HP, no matter the Support.

Then, a LV2 Field Medic will be able to fill up to 44 HP, if your Support can cover it.

So if a Normal Field Medic does +35 HP with a +8 from Support, a LV1 Heal still gives +40 HP, while a LV2 Heal gives +43 HP.

I think the range should be +4, +3, +3, +3 +2, +2, +1, +1, +1.

< Message edited by drinde -- 9/24/2011 6:01:49 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 115
9/24/2011 2:37:12   
BlueKatz

wow I can't believe so much people complain about non varium weapon "as strong as" Varium weapons with 9 stats and 1 damage different

@drinde I think it's kinda hard to code that or will cause unnecessary large data/code. I believe next update they will make Healing cost more (4 Stat per Heal instead of current 3) so it would be far. Instead of 60 heal then can only heal 40, that's a real deal
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 116
9/24/2011 5:12:02   
supermasivo

Making Heal lower wont make supporter builds "weaker" they still gonna make massive criticals with zookas and (in case of TLMS or mercs) massive artillery damage too... i have a support build ryt now and sometimes i dont even need to use my heal...
Tactic: Zooka (if crit better) artillery, hit, hit...zooka, end... and sometimes is: zOOKa, artillery, end.

I'm ROBERTOCO! THE GREAT!
Epic  Post #: 117
9/24/2011 7:01:05   
RageSoul

More suggestions :
- Lessen Crtitcal Strike chance back to its previous chances.
- Lessen maximum Rage rate to 105% and increase minimum Rage rate to 90%.
- Lessenmaximum Deflect chance to 16% and mimimum should be as at it is ( 4% )
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
9/24/2011 7:21:53   
Dendavex

The Reason why Rare should be stronger than normal weapons is because ED makes more non-rare items then rare items so before you know it those normal weapons will be stronger than other rares
Epic  Post #: 119
9/24/2011 13:29:43   
9001WaysToLaugh

So far support tlms are ballanced from what I've seen. How ever str tlms... they do more damage than me (str), have better defences than me (hybrid armor), regain mana (reroute), AND have higher health than me. What made mercs balanced was that they had limited energy. Hybrid armor and reroute is over powered on its own...
Epic  Post #: 120
9/24/2011 13:52:31   
Tropic Boy

The new non-varium wepons are pretty good. Now i even cill lvl 33 TLM. There is more balance now between non-varium players and varium players. It depends on your build and how you play, you have to think about what your doing and not just buy the strongest wepons and think that they will work pretty good for your build.
Character Page

Tropic Boy
Post #: 121
9/24/2011 13:58:56   
Calogero

quote:

So far support tlms are ballanced from what I've seen

after reading that I have descided not to read the rest...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
9/24/2011 14:03:00   
9001WaysToLaugh

quote:

after reading that I have descided not to read the rest...

So because they seem balanced from what I have seen so far you ignore my statement completely?
Epic  Post #: 123
9/24/2011 14:05:02   
DestructingM

Most players are jealous of Tactical Mercenaries, That's why they're trying to take out skills from their skill tree. They are just OVERPOWERED!
Epic  Post #: 124
9/24/2011 14:09:43   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Okay, to everyone saying the gap should be enlarged again, you are completely wrong. Keep this in mind, if you keep the gap large enough non-varium players can't even win 30% of random battles because they have 40 less stats than a varium player at the same level, they'll quit the game and move on. Then, the more non-varium players that leave, the more battles you'll have little to no advantage since you're fighting varium players. For example, I'm only fighting NPCs and Juggernaut battles right now for 2 reasons. 1) I know I can't win against 99% of the varium players at level 31+ so I'm not going to be a ragdoll for them and 2) There are little to no varium players in NPC and Juggernaut battles. I'm also not accepting challenges from the majority of players out there because what's fun for them isn't for me.

Also, purchasing varium is in no way a solution to the problem. Varium is meant to give you an advantage over non-varium players, but if there's no non-varium players, you can't get much of advantage. It's better to lessen the gap and have a smaller advantage than you have now (40 stats) than to have no advantage at all. I know if I hadn't played this game since Beta, I would've never gotten past level 28 because I would've quit much before then.

I agree that varium prices are pretty high right now, but you shouldn't make varium more OP to make varium more worth it, you should fix the prices instead. And to all varium players that lost one battle to a non-varium player, get over it. Luck happens, it's not the end of the world because you lost to a non-varium player and it doesn't at all mean they stand a chance against you. The battle they won against you may be the only one they won the whole day, or even longer. Just because luck decided to favor them and give them the win, it doesn't mean that'll happen every battle. If you find yourself losing too alot against non-varium players, chances are you need to fix your build.
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: TLaPD weapons too strong!!!
Page 5 of 30«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition