Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What do you guys think about the all-time leaderboards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What do you guys think about the all-time leaderboards
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2011 20:50:17   
Xx. Christian .xX

right now it only update ONCE A DAY and for me its confusing because when i do juggernaut then check it, i see the outdated one and then there's something wrong on it right now. Right now i have 2499 juggernaut wins and on the all-time it shows it shows i only have 2430 and i got it like 2 days ago. So what do u think with the All-time leader boards Discuss
Post #: 1
9/28/2011 20:53:19   
nico0las

I feel bad that they're updated daily. A lot of people really try to be up there (congrats, btw) and it's difficult for them, because you can't track your current placement. Of course, I'm not on any all time leaderboards, only dailies, so for me it's no big deal, but I think it's still a problem.
@ur going to fail One week is too long. every 12 hours seems reasonable.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 9/28/2011 21:40:06 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/28/2011 20:58:45   
Xx. Christian .xX

thx but ive been in the leaderboards for a long time but i stop and ya i agree with u

Your sig has been Dusted
Our limits: 500 x 100 & 50kb max
Once per page
Detailed Sig Guide
Post #: 3
9/28/2011 21:00:39   
ur going to fail

I think the all time leader boards should legit be updated once a week because as even nightwraith said, they made a lot of lag. I think there should be a place where you can search your own rank (which will always be up to date) and then a general leader board just for viewing purposes. With this players can view their own and other peoples rank at their own will, unlike how it updates every 3 min for the whole day. This will put less stress on the leader boards. For going for solo/team/jugg titles they can view their own rank like it is now, they will not be changed, same with the faction boards. Also, the all time WD leader board should also only update once a week (unless searched by a player) because really only a few factions actually have a chance it get WD and rarely will one faction get WD everyday for a full week. I'm not sure about the flag capture leader board (I don't know when they update) but they should also be updated only once a a day because their truly aren't that many people checking it to see see if their faction made it on to a leader board which does next to nothing.
Epic  Post #: 4
9/28/2011 21:02:46   
Xx. Christian .xX

^ are you kidding once a week :OO and then whats the purpose of all-time if the players can only see the people the juggernaut wins

Sig removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/28/2011 21:41:54 >
Post #: 5
9/28/2011 21:20:05   
ur going to fail

... /facepalm. When you SEARCH your RANK through the leader boards it will show everyone around you to.

edit: This will create less lag. How? because instead of auto leader board updates, they will refresh at the players own will and with there being so many players (no more than 2k players on at the same time even on busy days) the leader boards will rest.

< Message edited by ur going to fail -- 9/28/2011 21:22:43 >
Epic  Post #: 6
9/28/2011 21:50:30   
MirageD

i don't think they are currently even updating once a day (24hrs).....seems to take some random timeframe....closer to 48hrs...i don't like it
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/28/2011 21:54:19   
Xx. Christian .xX

^agreed with miraged
Post #: 8
9/28/2011 22:12:57   
Algorithm

Well it doesn't really bother me, and besides it's not like the feature was implemented to make it harder for us players, but rather to reduce
in-game lag.
Post #: 9
9/28/2011 22:17:37   
goldslayer1

i think once a day is fine.
however the boards are bugged right now
CAD is having this problem where the boards dont update one one server but sometimes update on another.
like it doesn't update on epic but it does on exile
or sometimes the other way around, and sometimes none.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/28/2011 23:13:52   
chrisraine

updating the all time leaderboards once a day is also fine with me but i've observed that it hasnt updated like it should be doing in the last couple of days now.. i really wanted to see if i made it in the all time juggernaut..

< Message edited by chrisraine -- 9/28/2011 23:16:30 >

Post #: 11
9/29/2011 4:12:34   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

ORIGINAL: MirageD

i don't think they are currently even updating once a day (24hrs).....seems to take some random timeframe....closer to 48hrs...i don't like it

They're supposed to update every 24 hours at the daily reset, but there are a few bugs that still need working out. Good news though is that Titan found the problem and the leaderboards should all work again with the next release.

I don't think 24 hours is too long of a time considering the big gaps between players on the All-Time leaderboards. For wins and fame, the gap is in the 1000s. That's not something that anyone can realistically achieve in a single day. Other All-Times rankings like the All-Time Faction 1v1, 2v2, World Domination boards only get changed once a day at the daily reset, so there's no need for those to keep updating constantly either. They'll update as fast as they change.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 9/29/2011 11:33:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/29/2011 6:08:31   
SouL Prisoner

@reyes 89

I hve the same prob... even after 2days i still c the same old wins ...

solution to the prob:

clear ur cache or juzz check the leader board with another account (ur alt acc) it shows the correct amount of wins..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/29/2011 6:16:52   
Fay Beeee

^
lol
So that is why they are jumping all over the place. :)
I use various servers.

Looking forward to 'the fix'.

Now that will be interesting. lol

Epic  Post #: 14
9/29/2011 7:05:23   
MirageD

quote:

I don't think 24 hours is too long of a time considering the big gaps between players on the All-Time leaderboards. For wins and fame, the game is in the 1000s.

actually, on the 2v2 all time, there are gaps of only a couple of 100 or less for the ranks below somewhere around 8......i'm looking forward to the fix but would also like to see the all time's updated every couple of hours or so
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
9/29/2011 8:34:04   
King FrostLich

18 hours would have been better to at least keep some allotted time for players who want to check their wins, fame, rarity etc. But I do like it that it helped decrease lag.
Epic  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What do you guys think about the all-time leaderboards
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition