Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/3/2011 19:45:53   
One Winged Angel1357

And try to please some and you anger the rest both sides of this are bad if we reset you tick off those on them and trolls. If you don't reset you tick off those who want to be on them but cannot due to school bad internet or other problems and trolls.

Either way you are angering the trolls
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 151
10/3/2011 19:49:11   
DeathGuard

You can do it in 3 months to get in lb, win 1k battles per day by 3 months, and you have 90k wins in 1 vs 1. There you are or not? It will just take some time
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 152
10/3/2011 19:57:04   
One Winged Angel1357

Cyber how good is your build that you can pull 1K wins a day i think the record stands at like 600-700
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 153
10/3/2011 20:01:30   
DeathGuard

I'm not sayin I can do it, but it is possible, also see comicalbike, he does around 250-400 wins per day so why any other player can't do it? All can do it, no matter nonvarium/varium. Also just do a fast build and their you go. I can do it if I focus but due to school and duties, I can't.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 154
10/3/2011 20:01:47   
Lord Nub

One side is nearly impossible for the other to reach. The other side is upset they can never get any recognition or have any goals beyond a 24 hour board that roughly 5% of the active player base will even see.

There is no reason to upset either side. Just fight for a phase board or limited time board that lasts roughly 6-12 months or so. The current all timers would obviously keep there board, but this would add goals for other players to achieve that are not as fortunate to have 15 hours a day to play a flash based indie game.

The only issue I can see arise from this is lag. The team has posted the current All-Time boards are to be updated every 24 hours due to lag. They could possibly offset the boards by updating each one every other 24 hours. For instance the Hall of Fame board would update Oct 4th at midnight then Oct 5th would be the current phases or, limited time All-Time board, followed by an update to the Hall of Fame board once again on Oct 6th.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
10/3/2011 20:05:15   
helloguy

who says that you hav to beat comical s heck i will be fine with just being the 15th place when i get there
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 156
10/3/2011 20:05:27   
One Winged Angel1357

6-12 month board would be better then Phase boards as those would pile up and the more data you have to load the slower the game(reason behind streamlined Founder and Beta gear)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 157
10/3/2011 20:08:14   
DeathGuard

@Helloguy: You're talking to me? I didn't say that, just stated an example.

quote:

One side is nearly impossible for the other to reach. The other side is upset they can never get any recognition or have any goals beyond a 24 hour board that roughly 5% of the active player base will even see.

Is not true, lets stay an example: A rich and a poor guy, with hard work the poor guy can reach the rich's lvl or isn;t him? Nothing is easy at life my friends.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 158
10/3/2011 20:08:36   
goldslayer1

well
assuming u play ED and then go to sleep and u have a good build thats capable of 50 wins an hour.

if u played 14 hours a day u could get 700 wins, sleep 9-10 hours

so thats one way of doing 700 wins a day
now do it for 6 months and bam ur on the all time 125k+ wins
AQW Epic  Post #: 159
10/3/2011 20:10:43   
Guardian Patrick

I don't think it's a good idea.

Become strong would be worthless then
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
10/3/2011 20:10:52   
DeathGuard

@GoldSlayer1: Also that can be possible too is a way easier. Anyways the 15th place in 1 vs 1 only has 63,572 wins so in less than 6 months you can get to the 15th place.

< Message edited by cyberbakio ryugan -- 10/3/2011 20:13:14 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 161
10/3/2011 20:20:15   
goldslayer1

@cyber
yeah and anyone who says its too hard, well look at it this way
imagine u worked like that so hard to get there and feel very proud of ur achievements
and then some new player comes along and suggest that he wants the boards resetted because its "too hard" for him to get on it
how mad would u be?

"stupid people will suggest stupid ideas"

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/3/2011 20:21:01 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
10/3/2011 20:22:52   
DeathGuard

@GoldSlayer1: I would, and I understand Fay's and MirageD's feelings and the others.
No comment from the quote above.

< Message edited by cyberbakio ryugan -- 10/3/2011 20:23:26 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 163
10/3/2011 20:26:48   
ngshuyi94

Im not on any board and i can tell u im against this idea, people work so hard and spent so much time and all u say is this 1 sentence, coz its so difficult to get on it u want it to be reset. So what are people doing now? Wasting their time and life at getting those wins? In total support of GoldSlayer1, seems to me like we got the same idea.
Epic  Post #: 164
10/3/2011 22:11:10   
frosty123

it accuallt should depend on the people on the leaderboard. Its accually them that getting wiped off. My opinion says that i would rather not have them removed because for one if you wanted to be on the board then you should have tried earlier. If you started late then idk bout you work hard and get over it. Also consider the people who lose something like the leaderboard people.
Post #: 165
10/3/2011 22:44:54   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

Just fight for a phase board or limited time board that lasts roughly 6-12 months or so. The current all timers would obviously keep there board, but this would add goals for other players to achieve that are not as fortunate to have 15 hours a day to play a flash based indie game.
Love this idea from lord Nub
Post #: 166
10/3/2011 23:08:39   
Jatar The Legend

Lol...this thread amuses me.
So you're saying that everything I'm playing for right now is going to be erased when we exit testing?
I'm getting close to emperor...20k + wins and 2+ years in this game just wiped out because ED has never been balanced?
No, this is absurd. Think about what you're actually saying first.
DF  Post #: 167
10/3/2011 23:15:37   
BlueKatz

*cough* Hell of Fame *cough*
People name will last forever if they already quit
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 168
10/4/2011 0:08:44   
Lord Nub

quote:

Lol...this thread amuses me.
So you're saying that everything I'm playing for right now is going to be erased when we exit testing?

What amuses me is how people seem to read the topic and immediately post with no regard to previous statements. I'm pretty sure no one is actually suggesting erasing all the work done by the hardcore fans of this game anymore.

More than likely yourself, along with the 5 above you that posted immediately after reading this, will never see this but hey whateva.

Would be nice if instead of complaining and taking up space, people would join the conversation with an actual thought process and reasoning behind their posts instead of "No that's horrible" with no ground to lie the statement upon.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
10/4/2011 18:58:13   
One Winged Angel1357

@Bluekatz i think you mean hall not hell
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 170
10/4/2011 19:20:18   
ExampleOne
Banned

Nah he means hell. ;)
DF Epic  Post #: 171
10/4/2011 19:21:38   
Shadronica

A Hall of Fame should be done for anyone on any of the all time leaderboards once the game is "deemed" "fully loaded" anyway. Just out of respect for the players that supported the game ... above and beyond the call of duty.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
10/4/2011 20:08:20   
Jatar The Legend

I expressed by opinion, Lol. Not sure where I went wrong there, but whatev's.
DF  Post #: 173
10/5/2011 1:34:55   
Lexene666

Everyone who supports this must have started in gamma or delta. >.>
It is called the ALL time leader board for a reason, its ALL TIME. If you have a problem with it I'm sorry but either you didn't play enough back in Alpha/elite founder time. Or you started to late. I don't even know if Fay has the Elite achievment. She just played alot. The funny thing is Comical has around 160k wins. He just got alot of those wins, a year ago Angels was beating him (Fay to I believe) and they had less than 80k wins. And epic duel has been around 3 years(ish). So you do the math. Its possible for someone to do it. If it matters that much to you try. Stop complaining.
Post #: 174
10/5/2011 4:28:29   
Goony
Constructive!

This is a horrible suggestion, I hope that it is never implemented...
Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Resetting Leadeboards when game is finished.
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition