Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DN 13/10/2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DN 13/10/2011
Page 14 of 17«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/17/2011 21:35:09   
Nexus...

@Cindy

When I say "you" I mean the developers. I have made that very clear in my posts. I never put any of this on you, your just the only one from the team there to hear it. Don't take it personally please, because in doing so you are undermining my point. Just consider the information I am giving you, process it, trash it, I don't care, but please never, ever, ever should you take the blame. You have only been PR manager for a couple of months now, while the root of this problem emerged years ago.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 326
10/17/2011 21:37:45   
goldslayer1

well guys theres some BAD news

bad news: ED's update is yet again delayed
good news: DC universe online goes free to play this Wednesday October 19. so ill be checking it out.

im perfectly fine with the delay actually.
wanna know why? because it seems like people are forgetting what this game is about.
its about repetitive PvPing (in a good way)
AQW Epic  Post #: 327
10/17/2011 21:39:03   
Darkoake445

@Gold, Won't the good news suck for anyone that payed for it in the first place? Do they get anything good or special?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 328
10/17/2011 21:45:32   
Retrosaur

Oh the joys of being a programmer. I still enjoy debugging. A lot. But I am definitely not as good as Titan or Hudelf, heck, I haven't coded in ActionScript, so I can't say I'd make a valuable addition to your team whatsoever. I don't actually know where I stand on programming. It's like I want to be a jack of all trades, learning modelling, programming, and fully compiling all the elements together to form a complete game. It's why I'm learning maya, photoshop, and pro tools.

Oh, and Cinderella, one more correction. Coding isn't all about speed, it's about how efficient you can be. How you can FULLY utilize your time to improve on your program. Whether or not you choose to do hard coding or efficient coding. And I take back what I said about the devs being lazy. I guess Titan has to worry about everything in general when he codes. But with the addition of Hudelf, I hope things really pick up from here.....

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 10/17/2011 21:46:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 329
10/17/2011 21:48:50   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Nexus- we realize that, but it's not as easy to add staff as it might seem, since we don't do our own hiring (except for moderators and unpaid staff. I'm not sure if you realize this, but I'm not paid for anything I do here). It's not about a lack of effort, but about our already limited resources being spread too thin. That's part of why I'm here- dealing with PR and writing keeps the other development staff from having to take time out of programming or drawing and animating to write (although Night and I are super-excited about actually having storylines).

Goldslayer- please take discussions of outside MMOs out of EDGD

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 10/17/2011 21:49:40 >
Post #: 330
10/17/2011 21:49:04   
One Winged Angel1357

@hyper you are way to negative man all that has to be bad for your mojo if you don't think the devs would just run an honest feed of them working well that is your problem i personally think it would be really interesting because if they ever need a short break.(we both should know that sitting in front of a computer for more then an hour really wears on you programming and drawing are about equal i know because i dabble in both sometimes at the same time which leads to bad things) Anyway watching them take a short break to mess around in front of the camera would remind both sides that the Devs still have that kid in them which is what every gamer needs and it seems like some of our kids just got denied ice cream.

Also do not take that really long side note as me saying I am a good programmer i mainly make windows to talk to me when i get bored it is good fun but gets old quickly
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 331
10/17/2011 21:49:37   
Xx. Christian .xX

@golD wow you made my day with ur good news I WANA PLAY IT NOW cant wait for 2 days
Post #: 332
10/17/2011 21:50:42   
goldslayer1

quote:

Goldslayer- please take discussions of outside MMOs out of EDGD

yes mam, will do.
AQW Epic  Post #: 333
10/17/2011 21:52:13   
Retrosaur

lol there goes one player from your meager playerbase. have fun guys.
AQW Epic  Post #: 334
10/17/2011 22:00:15   
frogbones
Banned

If this game wasn't so dang expensive, perhaps we'd be more willing to let the constant delays and misinformation go (I know I would). But the fact is, you guys are ripping us off, and instead of getting better (in terms of releases and delays), ED is getting worse every day that goes by.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 335
10/17/2011 22:05:23   
tigura

quote:

If this game wasn't so dang expensive, perhaps we'd be more willing to let the constant delays and misinformation go (I know I would). But the fact is, you guys are ripping us off, and instead of getting better (in terms of releases and delays), ED is getting worse every day that goes by.

So you're saying that the game is too expensive? Pricing is not 100% up to the devs, they won't just lower the price every day just to impress one player. It really annoys me how you seem to think that the devs are to blame for everything... Stop being so naive.

And ED is getting better IMO, balance is decent, although your build choice is less then it was during beta. Of course, if you even played (forgive me if you actually ARE a beta player) during beta you would know that it wasnt 100% balanced... *cough*healloop*cough*
DF Epic  Post #: 336
10/17/2011 22:10:26   
goldslayer1

lets play a scenario that goes thru my mind when i think about ED.

"should i keep playing ED"
*little angel pops up on my right shoulder*
"yes, u should. its a great game, u like it, and u have tons of fun it, u also have a great faction aswell as great friends in there
dont worry about what other people say. this game will eventually get better. it has tons of potential and u know it, so dont quit"

*ME: looks over to left shoulder*
*little devil pops up*
"no u shouldn't, are u kidding me? the game always has delayed updates. it constantly lags. it has tons of bugs.. and the prices are a complete rip off. u know what i could do with $50 a week? WAY MORE THAN WHAT U DO IN ED. so just exit the page and never go back there, because this game has been sinking slowly like a titanic, since beta"

ME:"geeze man idk what to do..."
AQW Epic  Post #: 337
10/17/2011 22:12:02   
Retrosaur

Goldslayer1, it's obvious.

Go buy Battlefield 3. It's all the rage right now, and trust me, I've played it, ITS way more fun than CA or any other FPS out there.
AQW Epic  Post #: 338
10/17/2011 22:14:20   
goldslayer1

@hyped
from what i got from ashari to u.

quote:

It's in very bad taste to talk about other MMOs in the EpicDuel forum and I appreciate you stopping. It comes off as advertising another game, so that's why we don't allow posts like these. Hope you understand!

wanna know what i replied?
"ill keep that in mind when someone ask's me about ED"
AQW Epic  Post #: 339
10/17/2011 22:15:15   
Darkoake445

@hyped, Off topic but BF3 Beta was terrible and it's the same game as BFBC2 and at least CoD is fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 340
10/17/2011 22:17:25   
frogbones
Banned

S Oh, great tigura, Sir Enlighened One, whose vast knoweldge surpasses all others', please inform me (if you'd stoop so low): if the devs aren't to blame for delays and imbalance, who, pray tell, is?

Is it:
A) the Delay Monster under the bed
B) the grumbly players (but not the nice ones)
C) Adobe (you know, that feisty Flash problem we had)
D) hudelf, the incompetent intern!

Lmao man.
So sad.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 341
10/17/2011 22:18:42   
goldslayer1

@frog
an ABCD question?
i think thats a little bit too hard dont u think?

@EDIT:
i think u forgot to show the secret 5th answer
E) all of the above

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/17/2011 22:35:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 342
10/17/2011 22:37:01   
the final hour
Banned

yay yet another delayed update , its all the time tottally normal , as i said last time and the time before and the time before that (and so on ) why i dont spend money on the game anymore. and play alot less . but on a less negative note i've thought of a more realistic name for this game and its catchy !
Epic duel just doesnt fit this game, now EPIC FAIL that would be an amazing and accurate name for this game. The slogan could be "we'll take your money let you down and give you no balance at all dont worry we wont do it once we'll do it repeatedly" im no good at slogans atleast that way though you'd be being honest .

< Message edited by the final hour -- 10/17/2011 22:38:16 >
Post #: 343
10/17/2011 22:42:13   
Retrosaur

@Darkoaxe
Exactly, that's why it's BF3 BETA. Just like how this game was back in BETA. Crappy, full of bugs, lame releases, not enough content. But BF3 is very reasonable, I'm really enjoying it. What maps have you played on?
AQW Epic  Post #: 344
10/17/2011 22:47:11   
tigura

quote:

Oh, great tigura, Sir Enlighened One, whose vast knoweldge surpasses all others', please inform me (if you'd stoop so low): if the devs aren't to blame for delays and imbalance, who, pray tell, is?

Im sorry to say this, but, I'm having no troubles in my fights (I am NOT a tlm) so if you think things arer THAT unbalanced, then, well... How do I put this kindly? Your build...isnt so great.

As for the delays, the devs are making large-ish releases, with 1 coder, and 1 apprentice coder. Which means hudelf is still learning. ED has fewer staff than other AE games... And titan isnt just going to go out and hire some coder to help out... he works for AE.

Btw, you need some serious attitude adjustments... lol.
DF Epic  Post #: 345
10/17/2011 22:51:58   
king Tiger

Plz send me a link on what you can say and what you can't say on forums. because has long has they are on swearing or anything like that they are speaking out their opinion in what they think about this game.
Tell me a reason why that why i shouldn't just get xbox live and pay 60 for a whole year and just have a blast. P.s I should have played AQW instead. atleast they are not overpriced. only reason i played this game because you guys didn't have a monthly price. But you get people addicted this to this bad game. It's like drugs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 346
10/17/2011 22:54:22   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Frogbones- I didn't say Hudelf was incompetent. Nor did I blame anything on him- I'm actually thoroughly impressed with the fact that he was able to do a big feature having been one of our programmers for such a short amount of time. The Adobe Flash thing really and truly was not our fault.

Also, I have never blamed you for anything.
Post #: 347
10/17/2011 22:54:59   
tigura

quote:

But you get people addicted this to this bad game. It's like drugs.

What do you mean by addicted? Like "can't stop playing" addicted, or "Can't stop paying" addicted?

Either way, both can be prevented, if one just uses a bit of self-control
DF Epic  Post #: 348
10/17/2011 22:55:51   
Retrosaur

Which you evidently do not possess. I mean, seriously, 15k wins? You must have a lot of time on your hands.

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 10/17/2011 22:56:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 349
10/17/2011 22:56:15   
Unleashed Gorilla

If the update became live today, all this hassle wouldn't of happened..
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DN 13/10/2011
Page 14 of 17«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition