Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (HS) Unexpected Circumstances Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Unexpected Circumstances Discussion
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2011 16:32:01   
Vector

mine's different. i'm just stuck :P
anyway, if the person doesn't comment, it's likely they didn't read the story/chapter yet, so... did you read it? my story?

< Message edited by Vector -- 10/26/2011 16:45:19 >
Post #: 51
10/26/2011 21:35:31   
Goldstein

How about the next scene be in Strebor's operation room?
Post #: 52
10/26/2011 22:04:59   
Vector

that's likely to cause an argument between him and the main character, following a trust issue between strebor and the cat person...

it just might work... or will it?

EDIT: just had a possible idea for later in the story. i was thinking of making either a parody or a reference to something totally old-school, and use it for part of the plotline somewhere...

< Message edited by Vector -- 10/29/2011 23:46:04 >
Post #: 53
10/31/2011 19:00:37   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Well, them being more fragile than our bones is a good possibility, but then again, the structure of the bone material itself could be more sound, which would allow for less size, while maintaining the same strength, and I am guessing the different bone structure might add to stability/flexibility or jumping ability... hard to say without an actual specimen to study.

Well, puttig the cast on could actually make it worse, in and of itself, making it unable to heal properly, somehow, making it get a different allignment upon healing, possibly cutting off blood flow, or squeezing glands that you don't know about... There are many things that could go wrong; It is probably the best idea, however, as leaving it without one might just let her make it worse by trying to move around on it... I'd reccomend getting her to someone who has healing powers, but they'd have to either cause the natural healing to go faster, or the person would have to be extremely intelligent and analytical. I would be the only one I could mention who fits the second of those categories. Xeno-surgical/medical opperations are very dangerous to perform, regardless.

Then again, those gloves could be biological, either naturally there, or created via genetic engineering... Oh, and they could be bonded to the individual's body in a way that would make it dangerous to remove, whether biomechanically, or using normal mechanics, but creating safeguards to ensure it would be dangerous/deadly to remove surgically, or otherwise. It could also be an extremely tight fit, but whatever. lol

It also could be a criminal, but only because of the results of very strange, and unfortunate circumstances, such as the name of the story could suggest (albeit I find it more likely that Joe is the one the name is refering to).

I am thinking that onother stop on your list of places to go to resolve the situation should be to get some sort of mechanical translator, which some super genius should be able to manufacture relatively easily. Either that, or you need to find someone who has the power to understand any language... Another good choice would be a telepath. Those are actually more common, but getting a mechanical translator would resolve things more permanently.

Besides, blood pressure in alien organism is not a way one would want to check the health, unless they actualyl knew about the species first.

Eh, either it had heard of it, or the fact that he seemed to be insulting your atentativeness and knowledge of medicine just seemed funny to it.

Interesting that Joe's young enough to have been in school while Strebor was a TA, too.
DF  Post #: 54
10/31/2011 22:36:24   
Goldstein

Alright, next scene, discussion between cat people's authority figures discussing the main cat person. Eh, eh? Not bad, right?
Post #: 55
10/31/2011 23:11:44   
Vector

one problem, goldy. the story's meant to focus on joe the entire time, so any elaboration on that will have to either wait, or be scrapped.

EDIT: to be fair, drakky, joe's and strebor's guesses are as good as ours when it comes to alien lifeforms. the safest method they can get information about the cat person would be to ask questions... but yeah, finding a way to know what the cat person is saying is a bit of a snag at the moment

< Message edited by Vector -- 11/1/2011 11:07:16 >
Post #: 56
11/1/2011 18:18:27   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Meh, to be fair, one of my powers is to understand the chemical, physical, mechanical, biomechanical, and other information about anything I look at. I could technically look at someone, sense their vital signs, know what they are thinking because of it, and assess the correct actions to take to actually make them better, just by looking at them and analysing the information in my mind (which is why I am very good at using Molecular Reconstruction to heal people), but I usually don't conciously use that to take advantage of things , unless it is an emergency, or I am suspicious, because I respect people's privacy, which is also why I don't use my mental powers often (other than that doing so would make fights far too easy for my tastes, since I am sadistic, and using the path of least resistance is boring).

Most people don't canonically know about that, though...

Oh, and I've also dealt with alien (extraterrestrial) life forms before (not that species, but still).

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/1/2011 18:22:59 >
DF  Post #: 57
11/2/2011 0:25:23   
Shadowlord9k

Vector: There is a way. I can think of 3 already.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
11/2/2011 0:39:16   
Vector

got it covered SL9K, though i'd like to hear what you have in mind
Post #: 59
11/2/2011 13:53:43   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I can think of quite a few, as well... more than 3, to be fair, but I've probably spent more time thinking about that than you (SL9K) have, so meh.

Idk, though, I might not have, and you have an interesting, out of the box way of thinking of things.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/2/2011 13:54:36 >
DF  Post #: 60
11/2/2011 13:56:53   
Vector

lemme see them then, mr. bigshot

edit: the ways to understand figure out what the cat person is saying

< Message edited by Vector -- 11/2/2011 17:32:54 >
Post #: 61
11/2/2011 16:36:21   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Let you see what?

Yeah, I thought you might have meant that... Well, there's obviously telepaths, machines designed to translate it, either teaching her to write, or finding another cat person that knows how, physical or genetic augmentations to her (or Joe, to be fair)... If she knows how to read, she could use a device like what Stephen Hawking uses to talk, having me translate for her by comparing her brain waves to english words, magic, which I don't advise, an empathy link between the two of them... giving him powers, which would go along with the physical or genetic augmentation, but could be based on nanobots, which many people, including me and countless other Super (or Hyper, as some might prefer) Genii, could create... ect.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/2/2011 19:38:33 >
DF  Post #: 62
11/4/2011 10:09:10   
Vector

hmm...

i just thought of an interesting idea, but it's not part of this story so i'm putting this story on hold for the moment... otherwise it'll drive me nuts having it sit in the back of my mind

EDIT: i don't know why, but i just don't seem to be in the mood to doing anything fanfiction-wise... maybe after a while i might be raring to get back to it.

< Message edited by Vector -- 11/4/2011 20:00:17 >
Post #: 63
12/22/2011 18:33:33   
Goldstein

Just so you know, Strebor will have a major aversion to a relationship between Joe and a cat person.

Squick.
Post #: 64
12/22/2011 18:50:30   
Vector

what, like he has issues with demolicious and the cyborg in desperate measures?
a hasty assumption, methinks. joe's only trying to make the poor soul feel better
Post #: 65
12/22/2011 21:08:57   
Shadowlord9k

Goldstein: I honestly don't blame you, it does seem a bit...strange, weird, sick maybe? It's a shame I can't find the right word for this. Oh and from what I've seen on other sites that will not be named, you are completely justified.

Edit: Right. The story, I'll re-read it soon ad I forgot most of it. I must say that the last lines really sounded like part of a movie ad. In a good way.

< Message edited by Shadowlord9k -- 12/22/2011 21:10:30 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
12/22/2011 21:16:30   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Nope, the urge to not have herself leave Joe's side is entirely understandable.

DO YOU SEE NOTHING?!?!?!?!?! HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HER ATTACHMENT TO YOU?!?!?!?!

Well, time to stop raving at idiocy... Wheeee... wheelchair as a mode of transport... Yes, I know, he did not do that, but it would have been unimaginably funny.

Interesting watching you attempt to communicate without speach... well, without mutual speach...

Hey look, and apple, a fruit that contains juices which are harmful to the health of certain alien species that are living on the planet. XD

^But anywho, she's got to eat, so I suppose that had to occur eventually, or something along those lines, anyway...

I find it a bit odd that she refered to Joe as "human", too... You would think that she'd put more emphasis on learning about her savior, especially with the lack of an ability to communicate at the time leaving her less to do...

Hmm... comprehension of the severity of the actions he took against the assailant... interesting.

Interesting that you add the factor of nigh-slave treatment of females into the story. I can see how many societies would be different than that of what humans have, and it's a very interesting point of view, especially with how that environment will have effected her psychologically, and the implications to the storyline...

And the gloves could easily be a symbol of psuedo-slavery, as is made somewhat obvious immediately after you mention the gloves in his train of thought... They could also have tracking devices inside, or could contain/be designed to show personal information about her and/or her "master"... Hmm...

Nice chapter, overall. It is going somewhat expected, but then again, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and it shows quite a bit of promise... You may need to implement a better translation system, though, because you two won't be able to just sit and type on a laptop every time you need to communicate.

DF  Post #: 67
12/22/2011 21:20:55   
Vector

you weren't the only one, shadow :|

Edit: they gotta use what they have, drakky. it's better than nothing

< Message edited by Vector -- 12/22/2011 21:24:15 >
Post #: 68
12/23/2011 3:31:18   
Shadowlord9k

Drakkoniss:
quote:

Hey look, and apple, a fruit that contains juices which are harmful to the health of certain alien species that are living on the planet. XD

Not to mention that the shape of a cat's head would make it difficult to eat.

quote:

I find it a bit odd that she refered to Joe as "human", too... You would think that she'd put more emphasis on learning about her savior, especially with the lack of an ability to communicate at the time leaving her less to do...

Brain damage/shock

quote:

Interesting that you add the factor of nigh-slave treatment of females into the story. I can see how many societies would be different than that of what humans have, and it's a very interesting point of view, especially with how that environment will have effected her psychologically, and the implications to the storyline...

You'd really think that they wouldn't abuse their key(s) to continued survival.

quote:

And the gloves could easily be a symbol of psuedo-slavery, as is made somewhat obvious immediately after you mention the gloves in his train of thought... They could also have tracking devices inside, or could contain/be designed to show personal information about her and/or her "master"... Hmm...

Fists of steel.

Ah pandora radio, you psychic jerk. 

Now imagine if Joe had an allergy to cats.

Vector: Not really, eating nothing for a while is better then eating (possible) poison.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
12/23/2011 10:13:18   
Vector

then again, starvation isn't exactly fun either, shadow

i've just re-read drakky's comment, and he's got pretty interesting ideas there...

EDIT:
quote:

You may need to implement a better translation system, though, because you two won't be able to just sit and type on a laptop every time you need to communicate.

EUREKA! i've got it! it still might not be perfect, but I could have joe teach the cat person how to use IM while he uses his cellphone to text her that way!

...it's a step up, at least :\

< Message edited by Vector -- 12/23/2011 10:49:12 >
Post #: 70
12/23/2011 11:02:31   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I was going to suggest that. XD
DF  Post #: 71
12/23/2011 11:36:05   
Vector

ha ha i beat you :P
still, like i said you do have interesting ideas
Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Unexpected Circumstances Discussion
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition