Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes November 08, 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes November 08, 2011
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/12/2011 8:38:53   
Drianx

Two flawed facts in this update:

1. As a non-varium, you should be at least lv30 to be able to beat Nightwraith for the key. You get the key, open the shop and bam! a useless lv20 armor. Non-variums are not in the position to collect rares, due to their limited inventory, so, apart from its rarity, that armor is just pointless.

2. A slightly better varium armor in stats distribution than the one released just the other week. Not cool.

Other than these, it is a fine update.
AQW Epic  Post #: 151
11/12/2011 8:44:13   
ansh0

I want Nw pikes to be non var or the P staff.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 152
11/12/2011 9:45:26   
drinde

quote:

We’ve also been working on a special gift for the players for this release, but this is one we’ll keep tight under wraps!
-Last week's DNs

Did it happen?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 153
11/12/2011 10:17:09   
rej

^i believe the OPed new var items are to make up for last weeks low level love.... at least that's how cinderella made it sound in last weeks design notes.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
11/12/2011 10:18:38   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Drianx, I had a laugh at that armor too, the requirement to do the mission was level 25 to start with and to beat Nightwraith at that level is near impossible :)

Who would buy that armor?
Epic  Post #: 155
11/12/2011 16:09:05   
Basicball

to anyone interested:
- 11-11-11 update video
- Nightwraith birthday video
- Fighting Nightwraith on his birthday video

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
11/12/2011 18:29:12   
zion

Since no one can beat nightwraith at such a low level, why not just make the lesser duds on bio husk level level/power for credit-only? You can add an extra stat point or enhance for spending credits...
--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
11/12/2011 18:50:12   
Buffy A. Summers

@

The Purpose Of The Low Level Armor Is Purely For Style.

Some Players Actually Spend Time Standing Around Talking And Stuff. The Non Varium Armor Is A Way High Level Players Can Have The "Spiffy Duds" Look...

Without Having To WASTE Real Life Money (Varium) To Do So.

Also, A Way Non Variums Can Enjoy The Look... For FREE.

I Could Go On An Entire AQW vs. ED Rant Based On This Idea, But I Won't.

"Dress Up" Is A Big Feature In AQW. A Game Where Having Fun Is More Important Than Stats And Numbers.

~ Buffy
AQW Epic  Post #: 158
11/12/2011 19:42:58   
One Winged Angel1357

@Buffy the OneX6 key was a huge lead on for F2P we have to do something which was hard before and now it is even harder because of the heal nerf for an armor which is completely worthless when most F2P have to spend every credit on retraining and getting the best gear they can. Now yes there are some F2P who have credits to spare but dont make the minority the standard for the rest of us, because that is like saying every varium user should be like Fay Beee and comicalbiker.

Now on a happy note the new setting about the language change is awesome
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 159
11/12/2011 20:40:13   
AQWPlayer

Saying harder isn't enough...it's almost impossible for a mage without or with few enhancements :S
AQW  Post #: 160
11/12/2011 21:06:20   
Gepard Acht

Its even harder for caster bhs without at least 10 enhancements
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
11/12/2011 21:27:29   
One Winged Angel1357

@AQW trust me im a F2P tech mage with all the wrong gear for the NW mission im going full speed ahead on loses tomorrow, with a handful of wins mind you, so i can pick up the HeadHunter SMG and start stocking up for a new staff if one ever shows up
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 162
11/13/2011 6:14:54   
zion

@Buffy

AQW is the dress-up game. ED is not.

Either make the mission "varium-only" (something that doesn't exist yet*) or make the f2p version something worthwhile.

I really can't imagine people play ED to dress up - AQW is a million times better in that regard - ED is all about stats -

You won't see any f2p turning down bio husk armor because of its looks.

You will see many comments on this forum like: "I will wear a paper bag if it can have reasonable stats" - and we got biohzard husk - no complaints!

Finally f2ps have no inventory space, so even if you really wanted to fake looking like a super Varium user with a low-leveled version while you talk with your friends, you won't have the necessary inventory for dealing with all the hard npcs and battle modes and missions... and wont have space for boosters (which is becoming a big problem).

To save you the time of the AQW rant, for sure its a better system (membership/secondary currency, big inventory, less stat-obsessed, more "fun", etc.) and everyone knows it, that's why AQW is uber-popular and ED is.... well... stagnant.

--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
11/14/2011 2:08:57   
Goony
Constructive!

OK, no real place to put feedback about the game.

Pros...

The devs have done a great job with the lag issues!
The content and features implemented lately have been good!
The communication has improved a bit!
We had a good event (halloween)

Cons...

The faction war is still not appealling for players!
Still no tournaments!
The lack of action regarding balancing the classes is so frustrating! (unless you are a tactical mercenary)

I haven't played much and am still level 33, mostly I put this down to when I do play I consistantly have to battle tactical mercenaries! Not much fun at all! Please fix the tactical mercenary skill tree and have a look at some options to enable the classes to be differentiated by something other than the skill tree!

The fact that it has taken so long to do anything other than minor adjustments is really disapointing! Again, the player base is held to ransom of playing their class of choice and getting flogged or using that feature called class change and joining the vast majority!

Please stop adding more and more weapons and set a priority on doing some of the hard things that need to be fixed for the game to progress or you may as well say it didn't work! "Not a bad 1st effort" and start over again...
Epic  Post #: 164
11/14/2011 6:00:51   
King FrostLich

If Nightwraith's weapons are varium, they should release BigTuna's weapons as well which also have +34 damage at a credit cost price.

Epic  Post #: 165
11/14/2011 10:22:22   
ansh0

^That ain't happening anytime soon, they have focus the biggest event of the year apart from 11-11-11.
I'm actually glad it's not happening soon as I gotta save up to change to Blood Mage.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 166
11/14/2011 10:36:23   
od

@Drianx
OneX6 ain't entirely useless becuz I think you can sell it back after the event for varium
Epic  Post #: 167
11/14/2011 13:58:48   
Arcanis

I'm I getting this wrong,or the Wraith repeater Physical Type isn't just a typo,but it really is P gun damage? -.-
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
11/14/2011 15:03:41   
xxomegafaustxx

@gk365

Well spoken and I completely agree with you. ED unlike AQWorlds cultivates a greater competitive atmosphere since players are fighting nonstop with each other. Who cares if I look like a banana or a hazard? If they provide the best stats and improve my build as a user, I would gladly exchange my looks for strength and better stats.

F2p's ( if you noticed), pretty much all look the same: for veteran and experienced mages its either seraph, the imperial mage and if you got really lucky, hazard.

How bout vars? Founder, Harvest, Space Warrior, Banana Suit, NW's duds, Bunny Borg, Tesla Armour, etc. There's a clear distinction.

But with armours like Flight suit, necro armour, gothic hunter, etc, who uses them? They're varium but they're horrible in stats. Either ED needs to buff these items, reshelve them, or discard them because nobody's going to wear weak armour.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
11/14/2011 15:11:02   
AQWPlayer

^
Those armors are to rip off the low levels that don't understand that there are better ones
AQW  Post #: 170
11/14/2011 15:36:46   
sylar67

mmm non vars shouldnt forget that when this event is finsihed they will be able to sell the key and get var :)
Post #: 171
11/14/2011 16:06:34   
xxomegafaustxx

@sylar67

Really? I didn't know about it. Is the Onex6 card stackable in your inventory or can you have one and how much does it sell for?

@AQWPlayer

Yes and I completely agree with you. Well its just another marketing ploy to crudely generate revenue from unknowledgeable players who don't exactly know what they're investing in let alone what kind of ordeal they're involved in. While the premise is to help lower levelled players, it doesn't really prepare them for the competition among higher levels who use higher tier armours which completely rips, out rivals and destroys var armours such as gothic and necro.

But I mean, it's good time, effort and artwork wasted. Those armours are on the verge of extinction, scarce and extremely low in demand. Appearance and good looks means nothing in ED; it's all about the firepower and stats.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
11/14/2011 16:24:09   
He Who Lurks

A bit under a year ago, someone told me that NW would be releasing his private stash of weapons when the time of his birthday occurs. Players that have known this for months have been waiting for this specific update(and several others) to reap the rewards. NW's pikes(is that what they're called?) would look nice with most armor combinations .
AQ Epic  Post #: 173
11/14/2011 16:44:39   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Wraith Pikes, yep :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
11/14/2011 20:14:45   
One Winged Angel1357

.5 is that really needed on the rarity score
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes November 08, 2011
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition