Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ) The Attack

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest/WarpForce >> (AQ) The Attack
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/14/2011 19:42:39   
The_Archiver

"Prepare the catapult!" Shouted the battle captain as he and his men charge into the mass of armed soldiers, trying to fend them off until the catapult can be loaded. The massive army of enemy soldiers never even seemed to grow tired, they just kept coming.

"Where are the archers?" Shouts another soldier right before he is swallowed by the mass of enemies. The captain rushes into help his fallen soldier, but by the time he is done hacking away at enemies in his way he is to late. His comrade has been slayed by an enemy blade. The captain swallowed hard as he came to the realization that without help from his archers or the catapults, he and his men will die.

"Ready, aim, fire!" The hundreds of arrows rain down upon the enemy soldiers, they fall in masses as they are struck by the arrows. This causes the captain to roar in triumph as he rallies his troops and they begin hacking at the enemy. But suddenly a deafening roar bellowed from across the battlefield. The enemy soldiers parted way and trapped the captain and his men in a single line, them on one side and on the other side, a fire breathing dragon!

"Well never be able to defeat that, not without a dragon-slayer!" And as if on cue, a war cry rings through the air as the group of Dragon-slayers come crashing through one side of the wall. They turn to face the captain.

"We have come to help you, Captain Drenath." Galanoth says and then turns to face the beast. He shouts some commands to his men and they form a small wall from one side to the other. As the dragon roars and comes charging down the path Galanoth shouts more orders and his men draw bows and arrows. On another shout, they fire them off at the beasts face. The dragon roars in agony as the arrows pierce its thick hide. Coated with dragon-bane, it burns at the dragons skin as the beast goes blind from the pain. Crashing into the sides of the wall, it shatters the enemies formation and they scatter to avoid being hit. The dragon pauses for a second and then, with a fierce roar, ignites his body. The flames travel to his face and melt the arrows.

"The beast still lives!" Galanoth and his men draw their blades and charge at the dragon. After a fierce fight the slayers finally manage in bringing down the beast. With three of the ten slayers dead, Galanoth can only feel anger towards the beast. After momentarily celebrating this hollow victory, the entire group, both slayers and soldiers, pick up the remains and resume fighting the few remaining enemy soldiers.

The Inn was full the next day with both soldiers coming back from the war and also those fleeing the enemies forces. As the soldiers, including Captain Drenath and Galanoth, drank and celebrated their victory.

"My friends and I have fought a beast like you have never seen before. It was a dragon the size of the Guardian tower! It took us an hour to slay it, but we did, and then we defeated the rest of the enemies.Those fools didn't even stand a chance." Suddenly, the Inn door crashes into a nearby table, thrown off its hinges. Everyone turns to see who it is that did that.

"We are here for Galanoth and Captain Drenath." said the voice of the leader of a small squad of enemies. Galanoth and the Captain both look at each other and then bolt out of their seats. Slamming through the back door the two heroes come upon another of the enemy forces. AS the enemy advances toward them they are suddenly struck from behind by a mysterious person.

"Who are you!" Shouts Galanoth as he and the captain rush to the strangers side.

"I am Orbus! And I am here to take you in...personally." As Orbus steps out of the shadow, Galanoth and Captain Drenath see why he is named as such. His head is a darkness orb engulfed in black flame. Long robes adorn his body, and he carries a staff with a head as his. He aims at Galanoth and fires a dark bolt.

You choose what happens next.

Good

Galanoth jumps out of the way just in time. As Captain Drenath runs around one side of Orbus, distracting him, Galanoth tackles him. Galanoth raises his sword and points it at Orbus's face.
"This blade was designed for dragons, but it'll work on you just fine." As Galanoth swings his sword at Orbus's face Captain Drenath grabs his arm.
"Stop! This isn't what we need to do. We have to get him to tell us why he attacked us first."

Galanoth looks back at Orbus, then slowly gets off of him. Orbus gets up and dusts himself off.
"I attacked you because I needed to get money. These times are hard on us all. We all need to take what we need to survive. I was only trying to get money." Galanoth and Captain Drenath exchange looks and then turn to Orbus.
"We'll give you some money if you will leave us alone. Does that sound fair?"
"Yes! Thank you." Orbus grabs the coins and runs away.
"We need to get out of here." So the two climb over the wall and escape out the back.

Evil

Galanoth jumps out of the way just in time. As Captain Drenath runs around one side of Orbus, distracting him, Galanoth tackles him. Galanoth raises his sword and points it at Orbus's face.
"This blade was designed for dragons, but it'll work on you just fine." Galanoth swings his sword at Orbus's face. A booming crack resounds in the back lot. Orbus lies there. Head cracked open, flames slowly dying around his head.

Galanoth looks back at Orbus, then slowly gets off of him. He gets up and dusts himself off.
"Galanoth. If this guy came after us, can you imagine who else would is gonna be coming?" Captain Drenath walks over to Orbus's dead body and picks up the bag slung over the shoulder. He opens it and takes the contents; some gold coins and a dagger.
"We need to get out of here." So the two climb over the wall and escape out the back.

Vote on which part you want here.

VOTING EXTENDED TO 11/19/11 HURRY AND VOTE, OR THIS STORY TAKES A RANDOM TURN.

< Message edited by Helixi -- 5/3/2012 9:16:39 >

-9C
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest/WarpForce >> (AQ) The Attack
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition