Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= 22-11-2011 DN - The Krampus Cometh LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= 22-11-2011 DN - The Krampus Cometh LIVE!
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/22/2011 11:18:05   
Basicball

quote:

November 22, 2011
The Krampus Cometh
Preparing for Juloffenblotten

If you follow our Fearless Leader Titan on Twitter, you saw he spilled the beans on the name of EpicDuel’s Winter Celebration: Juloffenblotten! Citizens all over Delta V are preparing for the holiday filled with joy and cheer, and the Krampus traders will be trekking southward from their northern mountain homes to sell their wares to Delta V’s citizens, including the adorable baby yeti pet!

I want to clear up some confusion about the name of the celebration. I am speaking not of the origin in-world, but my creative process. The term “Juloffenblotten” is Scandinavian in origin- the word itself comes from “Julofferfest” which refers to the Yuletide celebration, and “blot” (pronounced like “bloat”) which is a Swedish word referring to a solemn and significant celebration or feast. Nightwraith and I used Scandinavian references while brainstorming the celebration- the Krampus being one example- and we wanted a name that distinguishes that EpicDuel does not take place in the AQW in-game universe. Delta V is not Lore, and her citizens do not celebrate Frostval. There was some speculation that the name was in reference to something with extremely horrific implications, and I can assure you that this is not the case.

Yuletide Celebrations!

One of the happiest times of the year, Juloffenblotten is a time for family, friendship, and gift exchanges! An element you might recognize from your own planet is the figure of a magical bearded man, who breaks into your house at night and rewards children for their good behavior with gifts.

Who is this mysterious gift-giver? It has to be Titanfraggr!

Titanfraggr, as any child raised on Delta V will tell you, rewards good children by filling their shoes with copper wire and lute berries- a very rare fruit that grows around Titan’s home. They are not tasty, but are high in nutrients. If, however, a child has been bad, Titanfraggr will replace his or her shoes with rusty bolts and bitter orange rind.

You can learn all about the legend of Titanfraggr in the poem “A Visit From Titanfraggr” which may or may not be read by George Lowe. If we can’t get George Lowe, we’ll just make Nightwraith do it. :3

Baby Yeti

I already mentioned that the Baby Yeti will be sold by Krampus traders after Wednesday's release. He will work in battle as a bot, taking up that slot in your inventory (although if I chew on Titan’s ankles enough, he MIGHT eventually be convinced that the Baby Yeti needs to follow you around in-world as well), and his special attack will be particularly effective against support builds. See, this baby Yeti is teething, and needs to chew on something to soothe his pained gums. The most convenient thing is, of course, your opponent’s bazooka.

The baby yeti will have a varium cost of 1900 Varium, with an as-of-yet undetermined credit price.

However, the baby yeti will not be the only bot offered during the Yule season, so keep watching this space for more information!

Words, Words, Words

We’ve become aware of several bugs and we’ll be rolling out fixes for these issues, such as the war kills leaderboard reading “fame” instead of “war kills”. We’ll be continuing to translate EpicDuel into Portuguese and we hope to have the game translated into Spanish shortly after Thanksgiving.

Thanks!

Our American players will be celebrating Thanksgiving shortly, and I want to wish you all the very best of days. Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, food and fun, and most of all a time to reflect upon the things we are most grateful for in our lives. In uncertain times like these, it’s important to think about the ways that we are lucky. I am thankful in no small way for my friends and coworkers here at AE, and my bosses at on EpicDuel are the best I could ever ask for! And thank you players for playing, and giving me the opportunity to make an awesome game for you. <3

Braaaiiinnnsss....

I promised you zombies, and you’re getting zombies! Insects infested by mind-control parasites!

The cordyceps are entomopathogenic funguses- that is, they live inside and off of insects. The cordyceps are a particularly interesting group of funguses due to the fact that they are able to control the behaviors of their insect host. Ophiocordyceps unilateralis infects carpenter ants, and takes over the ant’s brain. The victim will climb up a blade of grass, and latch on with her mandibles- a phenomenon described as her “death grip”. There she will stay until she dies and the fruiting body of the fungus bursts out of her head.

There are other organisms that are able to control their host’s behavior. Parasitic hairworms that infect grasshoppers force the insect to commit suicide by drowning themselves, leaving the worm safe to swim from the host’s drowning body. Lancet liver flukes control ants by forcing them to climb to the top of a blade of grass until they are consumed by the fluke’s preferred host. Gypsy moth caterpillars infected by their baculovirus are compelled to climb to the tops of trees in the rain, and subsequently explode, spreading the viral particles.

Tags: Cinderella Yeti Juloffenblotten Krampus bots zombies

Tagged! ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 11/22/2011 14:09:39 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/22/2011 11:26:09   
skeletondude

Wow looking forward to this.. Oh and one more thing on the Wednesday release would the Krampus sell credit only items or is it postponed ??

AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/22/2011 11:30:47   
ansh0

The yeti special disables aux.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 3
11/22/2011 11:31:14   
Basicball

i think hey would sell cred-only weaps as well, not 100%certain though
and... 1900 var for the yeti is a lot ö, hope i have that much by wednesday ...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/22/2011 11:33:22   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Hmm 1900, i think i will pass unless i can get the varium. But he DOES certainly seem a handy lil' guy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/22/2011 11:36:06   
Shadow Rouger

THough, one turn isn't worth shutting down their aux, they can use it in 3 turns... so you take away one of their aux, all they do is strike/gun you.... Therefore you might aswell miss a turn considering it's 1900 varium...
@Below,

Exactly
off topic: are you the guy who just epicly pawned me?

< Message edited by Shadow Rouger -- 11/22/2011 11:37:51 >
Epic  Post #: 6
11/22/2011 11:36:15   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

daaaaaaaaaaaaam 1900??????????????

Somebody kill me now lol.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/22/2011 11:37:10   
skeletondude

Is this still on the list??
quote:

Quoted from cindy:
We might have a way for non-varium players to adopt a yeti during the actual event, but we wanted our varium players to have first crack at getting it.

If it is.OHH how i can't wait to get my hands on this. ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/22/2011 11:38:31   
Remorse

Bother,
No mention of balances changes :/

Hmm maybe the yeti will be of use to balance
Epic  Post #: 9
11/22/2011 11:41:01   
BlueKatz

wa wa wa wa...?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/22/2011 11:41:45   
Basicball

@skel: maybe that's one of te other 'robots'?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/22/2011 11:45:09   
skeletondude

@basic: she did say yeti so im think either it's the baby yeti or just a random yeti. Lol ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/22/2011 11:46:02   
Remorse

^
Im pretty sure its the yeti,

Plus im gonna wait this one out and do the non varium option 1900 varium....

I made the mistake of not waiting last time with the skull cards :/
Epic  Post #: 13
11/22/2011 11:46:38   
Stabilis

Thank God its tomorrow!!!

AQ Epic  Post #: 14
11/22/2011 11:50:02   
skeletondude

@remorse:Yah hopefully they won't make it incredibly hard for us to get like a 0.00000001% drop chance from a npc or put it in the arcade o.-
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
11/22/2011 11:52:27   
Remorse

^ if it costs 1900 varium (aproximately $10) I wouldnt be surprised....

Then agian they made us waste 1000 var on a gold skull card when its only 10000 credits following that logic , after they ripped varium users off it will proberly be out for 20k credits :/

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/22/2011 11:55:15 >
Epic  Post #: 16
11/22/2011 11:55:02   
skeletondude

^the skull card was 20k credits by the way
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/22/2011 11:55:49   
Remorse

^ Ah in that case 40k :P
Epic  Post #: 18
11/22/2011 11:57:48   
ansh0

Think of support mages......yeti destroys them.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 19
11/22/2011 12:00:00   
Basicball

ok, so it apears i will not have enough varium on wednesday, i will have enouh on friday.
poll: wait for the EMDU vid untill i have the yeti (prob friday) or do the vid ASAP, even if that means no yeti?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/22/2011 12:00:55   
hardcore59

Please have nonvarium physical gun

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
11/22/2011 12:02:24   
Remorse

^ wait for the yeti basicball, as it will proberly be the whole release, if not that will be the only thing people will be interested in.

EDIT: wat do you know I was right.......
The yeti was the only thing xD

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/24/2011 10:27:53 >
Epic  Post #: 22
11/22/2011 14:01:54   
Basicball

nvm, i did some offers, and i'll have just enough var to buy it :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
11/22/2011 14:09:23   
Calogero

bit off topic but, Let's hope that the SOPA act doesn't get approved otherwise people like Basicball, Nightangel and so on wouldn't be able to make their vids.

on topic: 1900 varium for a Aux blocking bot?? not really worth it...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/22/2011 14:20:15   
Rayman
Banned

I want practel to do a Baby Yeti Preview (Video) Like he did with retraining Revamp. so i can see the special and the normal attack.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= 22-11-2011 DN - The Krampus Cometh LIVE!
Page 1 of 1112345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition