Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/21/2012 11:10:52   
rajkumar

I dont know how to deal a player who have 30-34 defence and 24-27 resistance +12 plasma armour!! While having shadow arts,strength and mainly malf.
AQW Epic  Post #: 701
1/21/2012 11:27:27   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

^^ I usually keep emp'ing, hoping i go first and get enough out so they cant debuff. also, right when they are about to heal is a good place to do so.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 702
1/21/2012 11:29:02   
supermasivo

Xendran, im not saying that is not a very good way to take down 109 hp with most high dex... in fact they never connectthe berz but fireball makes 30x on my 36-43 def and gun? and extremely FAST rage? a rage gun could easy hit 50 on my def! idc obout gun but im watching here that blood mages can abusse so much str to get 2 principal massive damage hits like gun plus fireball only making a decent strenght... today i tested BM and that skill is terrible overpowered.
more requirements should exist on BMs skills to avoide STR abuse couse when a ppl can make 3 turn kill u have to know that the class is not ballanced at all.

Epic  Post #: 703
1/21/2012 11:33:13   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@supermasivo Pile on those requirements. There's a reason I like using 4 focus Str builds a lot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 704
1/21/2012 12:03:08   
rajkumar

This isn't about bm it is about ch. Bm are so easy infront of ch. Level 2 emp grenade will work perfectly against bm!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 705
1/21/2012 13:17:32   
steven11113

Plasma armor need to change like def:3 Res:9 instead of Res:12. This just make 1 side too strong and the other too weak.

Example is 26-32 def
24-29res +9 armor +12 plasma armor

Too strong on 1 side and the other might be weak but they have lots of % to be block.
This will make people go for Dex stats and str stats
AQW Epic  Post #: 706
1/21/2012 13:52:40   
Shellz123

okay seriously us tactical merc's are so underpowered now and these cybers and bloods and techs are so over powered now tech mages hitting 40's on me when i have like 100 on to tech , blood mages hitting 40's when i have 80+ dex and cybers looping heal so much like this one cyber i faced he looped heal 7 times like are you guys serious you need to fix this cause this is just so bad how much they are overpowered and it seems you guys keep trying to make tacts worse like common fix this properly so we can actually play fair fights like seriously.

Merged into Balance topic, where all balance discussion is supposed to be, and I can reassure you we do read through this topic regularly! ~ Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 1/21/2012 14:11:55 >
Post #: 707
1/21/2012 13:56:31   
Stabilis

Plasma armour made my already good CH selections better. I beat every cyber hunter who uses massacre, malfunction, or multi-shot. I can't be beat anymore!!! I lose maybe 3-1 times out of 100 now to LUCK. I will say that I am more lucky now than I was in Beta, I can't explain why.

I hope people don't copy my build but in some ways I do... I suppose I can expose my character in the battle strategy forum later.
AQ Epic  Post #: 708
1/21/2012 14:30:15   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Assault Bot does provide build flexibility, yet it is also a tool for a player not to use defensive skills. With three classes now with essentially with passive armor defense. 80% reduction has always been too much, and now, it provides a major advantage for builds that use high defensive stats and some advantage with offensive stats. I think by reducing it in being effective for 2 turns should be enough, or use reverse focus.

If the player has 0 focus the bot will reduce 80%
1 focus 60%
2 focus 50%
3 focus 40%
4 focus 30%
5 focus 20%

Bots should be used a small tools, and assault bot is quite beyond a small tool.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 1/21/2012 14:37:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 709
1/21/2012 15:00:13   
PivotalDisorder

what about removing debuffs from classes with an armor skill [Mineral and Plasma Armor] ?

also a possibility is locking the debuff skill if you use the armor and vice versa, allowing for more creative builds without making them OP.
Post #: 710
1/22/2012 1:11:34   
goldslayer1

well today i did about 50 matches. and got 60%.
30 wins and 20 losses.
16 of those wins were from NPCs. for that hour. take out NPCs and my winrate would be 38%

today was probably the most horrible bad luck day i had so far.
RNG seriously needs another look.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/22/2012 1:13:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 711
1/22/2012 3:37:57   
midijus123

Hello! :)

I just want to say my opinion about last balance changes. The first i want to say is dont try strongest class make less stronger, just make other class stronger like every class could fight like 1vs1* . I undersstand that eveolved class must be stronger than starting.

Another thing is spliting hybrid is bad improve that made merceneris totally weak. Yes cyber hunter is not over powered class and its strongest class ever. Im also afraidng to change class for 50k credits because they can be buffed and that would be a big waiste.

Also i want offer if you need balance changers take players like New Hope, luna moonfang 13, sha 2nd mage, Archlord..Raistlin, PRIMAL ASSASSIN, gizmothepeacemaker and Shadanae. They are old players they got respect and they're very experienced in 2vs2 that would help balance it a lot.

~Minde1251
Epic  Post #: 712
1/22/2012 9:35:28   
RageSoul

I think BH needs a slight buff to Blood Lust by having the ability to have 50% of your current BL's HP conversion into EP for every 2 turns , but the HP conversion is passive , making it a semi-passive and if this will happen , i want to rename BL into Essence Charge . This definitely won't make BH OPed .

Now to Merc .... i already suggested an EP regaining skill , which is not a passive BTW , that definitely won't make them OPed and they don't need to max it . ( See here : CLICKY . Post # 493 ) And if you're gonna ask me why EP regain it's because of them not able to regain EP , thus Heal Looping isn't good to this class compared to the rest .
AQW Epic  Post #: 713
1/23/2012 1:01:38   
kittycat

Massacre is also quite overpowered. With many players that can do 60+ damage max without the strength (+34* +(1.4) = 81 damage right there without strength! While others need to have stat specified builds to reach that amount.
AQ MQ  Post #: 714
1/23/2012 1:15:10   
Sipping Cider

Passives

I have tried out many low level characters and have found that passives do not belong in the early stages of the game.

First off, blood lust and reroute are no good because damage dealt and damage recieved are not high enough. Second off, armor passives such as hybrid armor, mineral armor, and plasma armor are to powerful early on. Damage dealt at the early stage is so low that these passives hinder your enemy to easily, plus it makes the games really slow and no fun.

I think moving all passives to the level ten area in the skill tree is a great solution, plus that way stat requirements can be removed since by the time people can use the skill they should have the requirements met anyways.
Epic  Post #: 715
1/23/2012 1:52:42   
RageSoul

I find TM UPed at low levels . Why? That's simple : the only build that's effective so far at lowbie levels is ... CASTER . How ? Well the rest of the builds it makes TM weaker in DEF/RES and thus relying heavily on First Strike.
AQW Epic  Post #: 716
1/23/2012 1:52:59   
Wootz

I agree with some passives.
Although Bloodlust is a very good passive taken immediatly at level 2. It really helps out in those messy situations.
Reroute, it's not that powerfull in lower levels, mostly 'cause it wouldn't bring enough Energy, but still is worth of an get-a-skill for an Mage.
The armors, always hard for everyone, no matter the level.

@Lord Aegis,
Positive. Those TM's are pretty bad, and I tried multiple times during different stages of the game, they were always a bit less powerfull then the other classes.

< Message edited by Wootz -- 1/23/2012 1:54:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 717
1/23/2012 8:50:02   
khalidon5000

So little about Mercenaries...
Suddenly I am destroyed by just about EVERYTHING.
(Level 28 Mercenary)

Any suggestions on how to fix Mercenaries?
Epic  Post #: 718
1/23/2012 21:09:03   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Lord Try Bludgeon and Deadly Aim at low levels. Powerful hits for almost no cost besides the small Bludgeon cost.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 719
1/24/2012 16:02:26   
steven11113

Tech mage is the worst of all if they are in 2vs2 and juggernaurt because they dont have blood lush and 2nd they dont have hybrid armor, mineral armor or plama armor

Most people dont use rain because unlike bounty hunter and blood mage gain hp when they use it. Muti shot is Dex unlike plasma rain, it Tech. These day they have high Dex so they can block more. Dex and plasma armor and frost reaper E M work perfectly.

Mage seem too over powerful if they use Super Charge since Fires an energy charge; ignores 20% resistance; 30% life stealing. Improves with dexterity.
Massacre is weak since they dont have the two adventage but bounty have 1 out of 2.
I think they should put ignores 15% Def. JUSt to balance them out a bit
Tech mage:have too much tank these day and to debuff it even lower, we need to change OVerlord since stuning make you lose and improve with Dex.
Make it like Plasma Grenade, it will balance a bit better. Malf need Dex requirement to ensure people who are using all on tech and barely on Dex

Bludgeon need to nerf a bit by reducing another 3% more damage and incrase the energy to 12 at level 1 so they can be more par to double strike

< Message edited by steven11113 -- 1/24/2012 16:04:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 720
1/24/2012 16:04:12   
TTG Sean

Personally I would LOVE this, but idk.

RAGE Ultimate Attacks ;3 (Mass,SS,Supacharge.)

Thread merge to Balance Discussion Thread, due to being related to balance. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 1/24/2012 19:42:29 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 721
1/24/2012 16:48:55   
IsaiahtheMage

Absolutely not. All of those skills are already very powerful and unblockable. Allowing them to be able to rage is insane.
AQW Epic  Post #: 722
1/24/2012 16:51:05   
Stabilis

Once per battle would be acceptable to me, but most players can reuse ultimate skills with abilities like reroute and static charge.

< Message edited by greenrain13 -- 1/24/2012 17:07:37 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 723
1/24/2012 16:54:21   
IsaiahtheMage

@Greenrain Exactly double Masscre with rage! That spells the end of you and your partner in 2vs2 if vs a CH.
AQW Epic  Post #: 724
1/24/2012 18:16:05   
nico0las

Nope. Not only are we giving high support builds an advantage (as they rage faster AND have a higher chance to crit),
that would throw away the balance of the game. What we call balance now would be a godsend to what it would become.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition