Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Favorite classes from Greatest to Least and reasons why?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Favorite classes from Greatest to Least and reasons why?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2011 18:28:16   
Agiluz

BH>CH>BM>M>TM>TLM

Since those classes are the easiest to use in order imo.

No Trolling/Flaming guys!

< Message edited by Agiluz -- 12/12/2011 17:59:39 >
Post #: 1
12/11/2011 18:31:25   
Master Volcon

Blood Mage > Tac Merc > Tech Mage > Merc > Bounty Hunter > Cyber Hunter

Reasons why is because I play the game to have fun. Blood mage is by far the most fun however when I need to level or get tons of wins I will switch to tac merc that is why it is second. I started at a mage so deep down inside I know that when I quit this game I will probably change back to that. Merc next because it was what I think was the favorite class aside from TM back in beta and gamma. BH and CH I tried 3 times in total however I can say I am not much of a hunter. I can't stand it really.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/11/2011 18:34:40   
rej

Tac merc > tech mage > cyberhunter > blood mage > mercenary > bounty hunter

why? because i've been a tactical merc for months. i doubt i will ever switch. mage was my clas before tlm. and bounty is my lest favorite for obvious annoying reasons.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/11/2011 18:40:13   
FrostHS
Banned

CH>Merc>BM>Mage>BH>TLM
Why CH first?Funnest to use and also the hardest
Merc just because i like it
BM Because they are also fun to use
Mage because I had a very good support build
BH I had a decent support build, but wasn't that fun
TLM I freakin hate them they ruined the game and take no skill to use
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/11/2011 23:57:31   
Nub Apocalypse

BH=TM>M>TLM>BM (Never tried CH before)

Smoke+Bloodlust just has to be combo which makes this class so fun, shadow arts is nice too. TM because I love malf. Merc used to be boring to me, but now it's fun again, TLM is cool to use as it makes it possible for a range of viable builds and Blood Mage just never seemed fun enough for me...

Edit: Just because of this thread, I class changed to CH, a dedicated conversationist indeed, it has some rather versatile builds and is quite fun to play, I would rate it the same as Merc, so now the list goes:
BH=TM>M=CH>TLM>BM
And as a side note, the relativity between this rating of classes for me is rather narrow, I like the classes only slightly over the next, none of them are really a wide gap apart.

< Message edited by Nub Apocalypse -- 12/12/2011 1:03:46 >
Post #: 5
12/12/2011 4:41:42   
Remorse

WHAT!!

How is TLM the hardest to use??

It is by far the easiest to use......

All you need to do is max hybrid and get 7+ reroute and do watever you wont easily while wooping watever oppennet you want effortlessly....
Epic  Post #: 6
12/12/2011 4:58:21   
Wootz

*Listed from top to down*

Cyber Hunters - most balanced class in the game, involves massive strategy and planning, can loop skills which need massive ammount of Energy, I once looped a Max Massacre. 3 times! Can tear down every classes defenses, effective, strong, versitale.
Bounty Hunters - a great class from the beggining of EpicDuel, can do massive damage and passivly increase HP, has the best ultimate skill.
Mercenary - especially interesting as the class got way over-nerfed when TLM's were and still are in the nerfing process.
Tech Mage - I always liked that Malf-Reroute-Deadly Aim combo ;)
Blood Mage - excellent Strenght builds, but as the class itself, I'm not really fond off it.
Tactical Mercenary - I hate the class, you'll always see the same builds, great strenght, 5 focus and tank abuse, highest population due to it's synergetic and powerfull skills without much requirments.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/12/2011 6:31:22   
Remorse

^ I agree mainly except

Cyber hunters arnt the most balanced, the are not overpowered or underpowerd they just lack a standard skill tree format which includes a decent passive. ( shadow arts isnt really a proper passive since it doesnt always do something such as when the opnents are using unnlobkables.)

My opinion all the orignal classes are balanced like how they should be and the new ones need to be adjusted to match.

Blood mages need a energy drain since they dont have an energy regain,
Cyber huunters need a decent passive,
Tactical mercs have too many active passives and have a too big energy drain considering they have a energy regain.

Epic  Post #: 8
12/12/2011 6:38:12   
Wootz

Yeh. But, whatever passive of the current ones, the class would be Over-powered. ( Reroute not counted )
Bloodlust - CH can loop Massacre, so massive HP regen
Deadly Aim - Same as TM, only we'd have a better EP regen
Hybrid Armor - Excellent defenses.

Imagine that we'd get an E Hybrid Armor for the class in exchange for Shadow Arts, there'd just be massive abuse of Dexterity and Strenght, with a +13 resistance bonus :P
So, pretty hard to come up with a passive which wouldn't boost the class too much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/12/2011 6:47:46   
Remorse

^I was thinking more along the lines making static passive.

Personally I think its unfair that the class has to reily on a blockable skill.
No class should and this class has to some degree majorly reily on the skill not being blocked.

To them static is reilied on just as much as other passives for other classes so why not just make it passive...

Easily done by making static have lower %s (similar to blood lust excpet with energy not hp) or perhaps slightly higher then Blood lust as it is only energy not hp.

OR

At least could be made fair by making the energy regain form static non blockable ( the attack can be blocked but they always regian the energy from static)
Epic  Post #: 10
12/12/2011 6:50:34   
Wootz

Agreed on getting energy back when blocked. The class does have to rely on that one skill and it is based on that skill.
Making it passive, it should have a higher % then Reroute, as it is an evolved form of it. Somewhere between 35% to 40%.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/12/2011 7:01:17   
DeathGuard

Making static charge regain energy when block, it would be completely absurd! The only skills that work like that are the debuffing skills. Making static charge improve like bloodlust, that's a good idea, we can't come and make other oped class, don'tyou imagine how much energy they will haveto heal loop and massacre? Static charge doesn't regains energy when block, same for assimilate. They should both stay that way unless it improves with bloodlust. Static charge regaining energy when blocked, would be to oped.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/12/2011 7:06:30   
FrostHS
Banned

^How would it? Static regains aprox of 20 MP per 3 rounds. IF it isn't blocked. Reroute has the same amount of regain, but is unblockable. Do you math first and don't bluntly call it OP'ed without math.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/12/2011 8:21:52   
goldslayer1

quote:

Personally I think its unfair that the class has to reily on a blockable skill.
No class should and this class has to some degree majorly reily on the skill not being blocked.

so u do have a problem with blocks after all. what happened, u get blocked more than usual?

if luck factors are fine, then u shouldn't have a problem with static being blocked.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/12/2011 8:22:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/12/2011 10:18:37   
Remorse

^

There are always ways to minimise the influence of luck,

Yes luck can be bad, especially when your wanting Fast wins.

However for those who chose the long battles and wanna minimise luck it is unfair for Cyber hunters as they arent given many option to minimise luck.

They are practically forced to have high dex to stop static blocks and its not fair.

It is true however that changes made to this skill must be careful, we dont wanna make their fast killing str builds imune to the bulk of luck that is against them.

It is a balance Gold,

If you read my posts carefully I never said that I liked luck against me either,
I mostly try to explain why it bothering you so much but if you dont want advice fine, no need to go into every single detail in my posts and take it all literally as if your trying to make me look dum.
Epic  Post #: 15
12/12/2011 10:30:19   
goldslayer1

quote:

They are practically forced to have high dex to stop static blocks and its not fair.

u mean like im forced to use high dex to get blocked less? totally unfair

quote:

I mostly try to explain why it bothering you so much but if you dont want advice fine, no need to go into every single detail in my posts and take it all literally as if your trying to make me look dum.

how is saying that 66 dex blocks 112 dex, is normal an advice?
and im not trying to make u look dumb, u already did that urself by basically agreeing that low dex should block high dex because of their build.

u wanna know something about my build?
it uses more dex and hp than it does str. yet im still considered a str tlm.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/12/2011 10:37:38   
Remorse

Ok your saying Im dum so Im gonna prove how what Im saying is true.
(P.S maybe you should note how smart people Think YOU are every time you post before you start calling others dum)

These are just example and arnt proper figures though the message is they same.

YOU:
dex 100

To be blocked:chance 20%
To block:40%

Oppenent
dex: 50

Now lets say over the game you use 10 blockables however you openent Isnt a str abuser and only uses 2 blockables.

Your chance to be blocked in total
10*20 =200 therefore you on average SHOULD be blocked twice in this game EVEN THOUGH you openent has lower DEX.

Your openent:
40*2=80
There fore your openent on average should not even be blocked once during this game.

That is why you think luck is screwed because you only looking at individual turns not the end results over the entire game.

Also you are only forced to get high dex because YOU CHOOSE to use builds that use alot of blockables were as cyber hunters are praticaly forced because of the fact they need to use static.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/12/2011 10:41:53 >
Epic  Post #: 17
12/12/2011 10:48:30   
goldslayer1

not explaining it again. ill just quote myself.

quote:

if i had 112 dex against a 66 dex, but only used 4/15 blockables and 1 was blocked. it means the other guy block 25%

but if i did 10/15 blockables and was blocked 3-5 the % just went up to 30%-50%
meaning its more messed up than u calculated, specially with the amount of dex involved.

now we all have a base chance to block of 10%
if i have 112 dex, and enemy has 66. when the % is calculated, i have a 33% block chance
and enemy should have a -13% block chance. but it can never be below 4%.

so with 4% the enemy can block me 2-4 times a match.

even if i did 15/15 blockables 1 block is already above 4%

now lets remember that fact that im not counting in smokescreen yet, which even then still has no effect on enemy's block chance because it cant go below 4%.

quote:

(P.S maybe you should note how smart people Think YOU are every time you post before you start calling others dum)

i never called u dum. learn to read.

quote:

Also you are only forced to get high dex because YOU CHOOSE to use builds that use alot of blockables were as cyber hunters are praticaly forced because of the fact they need to use static.

last i checked str builds use just as much blockables as tlm.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/12/2011 10:55:46   
Remorse

^ Um der

Of coarse STR builds will use the same amount of blockables as TLMs ( they are the str builds :O)

quote:

Im not trying to make u look dumb, u already did that urself

that is basically saying Im dum and dont say it isnt because it is. Your basically saying Im dum because you think what I said is dum, Dont think by saying I imposed it onto my self you can mask the insult.
Epic  Post #: 19
12/12/2011 10:57:49   
goldslayer1

@remorse
clearly u dont understand that there is something messed up with the way block is calculated.

quote:

that is basically saying Im dum and dont say it isnt because it is. Your basically saying Im dum because you think what I said is dum, Dont think by saying I imposed it onto my self you can mask the insult.

no, thats u assuming i said that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/12/2011 10:57:52   
Prakash 007

my fav is the merc, been 1 since the beginnin :), has the gr8 move called hybrid...
Epic  Post #: 21
12/12/2011 11:24:57   
Remorse

Gold I do understand I have 110 dex and I still get blocked alot.

But I know why and If I wanted to I could aviod it by training support to use my aux or buying a better gun to use then beta gun.

I do agree Luck is pretty messed up with blocks not saying it shouldnt be here though, it needs to be to stop the messy balance from being even more messy.

Like I said before maybe when balance fixes the issue of str Builds then maybe it could lower luck so that STR builds would be slightly weaker then now BUT less luck influenced good trade off in my opinion.
Epic  Post #: 22
12/12/2011 11:28:34   
goldslayer1

@remorse
if all it takes is 12+ dex than u for u to have 4%, it just proves how messed up it is when i have a 46+ dex different when ur block chance should technically be -13%

thats why lowest % should be lowered to 0.

quote:

Like I said before maybe when balance fixes the issue of str Builds then maybe it could lower luck so that STR builds would be slightly weaker then now BUT less luck influenced good trade off in my opinion.

what issue with str builds?
all the attacks like double strike, and mass were nerfed.
even cheapshot got nerfed. (i remember doing 50s at lvl 1 with 93 str, now it does about 30-35)

skills like mass take up alot more skill points and energy to use now.

tlm is just a sack of requirements. and people want more nerfs.

i guess people dont learn from history, and keep making the same mistakes.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/12/2011 11:31:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/12/2011 12:16:08   
.Nikzat.

^tlm's is still oped ;) and they always whas and always be i guess. and when will TM get a buff, they said they will buff TM a while ago...
Epic  Post #: 24
12/12/2011 12:26:49   
goldslayer1

@nik
every class was considered "OP" at one point.
wanna know why?
cause when a new good build came out, most didn't know how to react to it. so their excuse was that the build was OP.
it happened with heal loop, str bh, str merc, support mage/merc, now str tlm.
but dont worry after tlm gets their pointless nerf a new "OP" build will rise from the horizon.

notice what i said here tho.
quote:

cause when a new good build came out

if they removed the option to see other's builds. boom, no more build copying. then the build/class would not be considered, just the user.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/12/2011 12:29:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Favorite classes from Greatest to Least and reasons why?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition