Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 28 of 28«<2425262728
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/20/2011 15:09:37   
Calogero

quote:

Sadly, if the Devs start trying to juggle in talking on the forums, then releases would end up being delayed, which would just cause more up roar.

Seeing releases are allready delayed on a weekly base, I doubt we would mind them delaying it even more so that they can Answer us...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 676
12/20/2011 19:20:29   
goldslayer1

quote:

@gold How is that any different then how the Balance thread works(at your PTR thread) we gather data and say what should be changed.

The difference is they are getting feedback and can make the changes before the officially release.
And they are getting feedback from hundreds and not just 10-20 testers. (if they even give feedback)

quote:

As for add more members we should do an application topic if such a thing were to happen so you would be added the right members to the team or members better suited for the task of testing then others

Well its either a ptr or a bigger testing team. An application thread would be nice. The only question is, is the ED team up for the challenge.

quote:

Let's just clear this up, some of you guys are asking for a PTR? If that was implemented, you'd be waiting much, much, much longer periods of time, while releases were tested and improved. You'd get the same problems on there, as you do on live now, and everyone would just make the same complaints, so for the price of an extra server, they'd be pretty much no difference to how things happen now, apart from that it'd be on another server called 'PTR', what else would be the difference? I'm expecting a reply saying that it'd allow releases to be made better before they're actually released... But wouldn't that mean everyone would just log on to this server, to find all the newest content? They'd have to be a limit on who could go on... And now I know the answer to that will be 'those who have paid should get access, or those who have paid over $£$£$£ amount should get access', but this would just give Varium players another thing, and the gap between Variums and Non-Variums is slowly being closed, we don't need yet another thing to wedge it open. Not only that, but you're complaining that the Devs are being greedy and selfish, and just want money, making this Varium only, wouldn't that do the same?
I am not bashing the release, I am not saying it sucked, I am simply saying it needs improvement. And ways for improvement is getting a bigger testing team. And one that involves them more on giving feedback on the release and how it can be improved. If I was a tester i would have told you that there would be problems with the varium players vs non vars, and other issues, aswell as how they can be rectified. Maybe to the Devs it may sound hard to know what the player wants.

I am a gamer, and obviously as a tester i would suggest changes that a gamer would want.
Seeing things as a gamer and a developer are 2 different things. And if you are able to make what the gamer wants, not what the developer wants, but the gamer, then you will have a happier community.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/20/2011 19:26:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 677
12/21/2011 8:09:55   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Andy, the things is players do complain, no matter what the excuse is, Titan and NW multiple times have tried coming on here to explain things, and answer stuff, but every time, it has just lead to them being flamed and told that their answers aren't correct, or something of that sort. To the point now where they feel it's a lose lose situation, since if they come on and answer questions, players complain, if they don't, players complain. What they do now is a compromise, so that they don't lose time, working on the release, they gave Cinderella the job of being the bridge between them and you. Ashari and Charfade answer as many questions as possible to help Cinderella out, and Charfade being at the lab makes things much easier for her to ask about things, but she is also a Dev, and therefore is very busy.

@Goldslayer: I wasn't aiming it at you, or anyone in particular, I was just explaining why having a PTR server would not work at all. The testers we already had already noticed that there was a bit of an unfair difference between Varium and Non-Varium players, the release had already been delayed one week, and another would have just created loads of problems. Therefore it was best to release it as it was, and make adjustments through the week (Such as up the bomb drop rate etc.) and make battling War NPC's more worth while, by adding rewards that can be sold for credits. We're all gamers, every single member of the testing team, and every single one has been hand picked from the ED Community. It's all great saying 'If I was a tester, I would have...', but the thing is, you're not a tester, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and you don't know how testing is carried out. You can't comment on something you know very little about.

I have been part of this community for over 2 years now, and one thing that has been very clear during that time is that every single person has their own opinions. You can't please everyone. 'What the gamer wants' changes from gamer to gamer, whatever we release, there will be people who like it, and people who don't, that's just how it is. It's the same with every single game, not everyone likes Modern Warfare 3, Gran Turismo 5 or Skyrim, it's just the way of the world. We incorporate no end of suggestions made by players, but what one person wants isn't what everyone wants... We can't make everyone happy, but we can try our hardest to make as many as possible happy, the changes being made this week are a combination of player suggestions and what we decided needed to be changed. What the developer sees is what is possible in the time they have, and if the code/art is actually possible, what the gamer sees is just the best possible thing that can be done, with no consideration of how long it would take, nor how much work it would be/if it's even possible. The only way to make a game is to combine the two, which is exactly what we try our hardest to do.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 678
12/21/2011 16:42:34   
goldslayer1

@Lycus

When I said "what the gamers want" i wasn't speaking individually but generally.
And I wasn't speaking of specific details.
I was speaking of overall details, like having the war be fair on both terms, such as non var and variums.

And while i may not know what happens behind the scenes, it never hurts try to learn.
AQW Epic  Post #: 679
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 26 27 [28]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 28 of 28«<2425262728
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition