Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Achievements Unavailable to Fac Founders

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Achievements Unavailable to Fac Founders
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2012 18:21:12   
Lord Nub

Both sides have an achievement available for defeating 100 of the other sides minions. Those who are in factions are able to switch alignments easily and complete all missions, while those of us who are Founders are forced to delete our factions?

Come on, can this get fixed?

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/6/2012 18:29:16   
Jekyll

100% supported! Can we have some sort of explanation by any staff member?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/6/2012 18:30:46   
King FrostLich

They should really put a code wherein once you either get Legion bane or Krampus Slayer, you cannot get the other one. It's like being a Sith Lord for 20 minutes and then you turn into a Jedi Master later.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 1/6/2012 18:31:19 >

Epic  Post #: 3
1/6/2012 18:40:02   
Lord Nub

^ Hopefully it's already in place.

I'm bringing this up now though to avoid issues later.

If it's not in place now then players will have both in a couple hours which could result in them putting in your recommendation, causing those players to keep both and the rest of us with only 1 available which isn't fair.

Also if it's not in place, Founders can't get it without dissolving their factions which stinks.

Hopefully someone gives us some details on this.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/6/2012 18:51:13   
8x

They should remove Legion only and Exile only requirements on missions, we shouldn't be forced to jump factions if we want to finish all of the missions... -.-
Epic  Post #: 5
1/6/2012 18:59:18   
Arcanis

Then whats the point of all this war event if people are so cheap they are willing to switch sides and leave factions
they might have been in for some time just to get a mission done?
You wanted ingame story,you got story(more or less),now follow it.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/6/2012 19:00:10   
King FrostLich

And soon, we will have story where everyone is traitor.
Epic  Post #: 7
1/6/2012 19:06:22   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

100% supported. They should have a code like the Frysteland achevo's. One replaces the other.

Thats just my opinion, it seems unfair for some players to get more rating points/achevos.
Battle Elf
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/6/2012 19:28:25   
rej

I'm allmost tempted to leave a faction that i already have over 5,000 wins in just to get both achievements. Go figure.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/6/2012 19:52:39   
Lord Nub

Doesn't look like it's gonna get fixed. Would seem like normal policy to me for Mods to surf the forums for bug reports and discussions after a release yet no reply.

Kinda funny how after every single release there are such obvious issues. Glad we have an awesome testing team.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/6/2012 20:02:36   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Just because a tester, mod, or anyone else part of the staff does NOT reply to a thread, does not mean they have not read and continuously watched the thread.

Your opinion IS noted, and this IS a WAR. There are two sides, you can't be in the army for the U.S and be on another countries army too. It's a WAR, TWO Sided battles.

Lets also get this straight: Testing team TESTS the release. Some Testers also help determine balance, I tend to avoid it though because I'm not the best with it.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 1/6/2012 20:47:26 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/6/2012 20:04:54   
Lord Nub

^ Ok so what's that mean?

Players are unable to complete all the missions by switching sides?

OR perhaps it means something to do with integrity? It was assumed players would not switch?

OR perhaps to make Founders of factions, who paid varium to create i might add, get screwed?

Makes no sense to punish Founders of factions and those who are dedicated to their factions. No sense at all actually. Why should we be punished and not get to experience all the aspects the game has to offer?

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 1/6/2012 20:07:10 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/6/2012 20:13:02   
nico0las

As I said a million times, it's the little things that tick us off...
I honestly can't stand this. I stay loyal to my faction and it is absolutely unfair that other players
exploit an advantage that is both unsportsmanlike and unfair. I'm no faction leader, but I have better things to do
than just jump factions for personal gain. Under usual circumstances, I'd be the first to do that, however I feel...soft.
I'd like to see this fixed as soon as possible.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/6/2012 20:18:15   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

For the actual war points, doing both sides cancels each other out. With the cheevos, personally I think that if someone has both the Krampus Slayer and Legion Bane achievement both should be removed. But that's not an announcement of what's going to happen.
Post #: 14
1/6/2012 20:23:23   
Sipping Cider

I like that cinderellas idea is great. Not only are the traiters abusing the system, but that means faction leaders like myself lose members.
Epic  Post #: 15
1/6/2012 20:25:20   
Lord Nub

The actual war points cancel out? I don't believe anyone is worried about the extra 2k war points.

It's the fact that paying players are missing out on the additional features that we paid for.

Features I'm talking about,

Achievements - Obviously the biggest issue here and I don't see them cancelling each other out giving players nothing considering people would be irrate not knowing that would happen.

Number of missions completed on ones character page - Some of us like the small things the game offers and will be missing out on quite a few missions on our page, whereas others will have a nice loaded page.

War point rewards - Though small, it's quite advantageous for some to switch sides.

Cinderella, Thank you so much for the response, much better than Practels.

I hope the developers will consider making ALL the missions available for everyone so we all get to enjoy the experience brought to us by ED.

In now way should paying players and those who have tens of thousands of wins for their factions be penalized for playing, supporting, and enjoying the game Titan and NightWraith have created for us.

quote:

You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of the games and dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other people’s ability to use the Service;

Practel,

You are negatively affecting my ability to use the service as well as many other paying players. I'm sure this thread would be blowing up if many of them were online and if you give it time you will see my meaning. With that in mind, I would not be surprised to see this thread get removed completely. Outta sight outta mind seems to be this forums way.

Keep in mind there are many ways to disrupt gaming sites that attempt to ban players without just cause, your empty threats are not welcome.

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 1/6/2012 20:29:27 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/6/2012 20:30:05   
nico0las

@nub Good point.
Some players who actually PAY MONEY (typically those who pay a lot) are being, as I see it, left in the rain
whilst those who choose to not invest are rejoicing. I notice that a large portion of the income of the game
isn't a large percentage going varium, but some paying hundreds to thousands (Dragonwawa, for example) of dollars
in varium/merchandise. I myself am not bothered by this, but I don't find it pleasant.

Achievements are a big portion of the game. Just pointing that out.

@Practel Let's try and maintain this within the boundaries of the game. We're discussing something that should not be there, but that is.
Rules that apply are of little importance right now. It's simply saying that there's a considerably large problem with an important part of the community
that feels dissatisfied (not that this is a first).

< Message edited by nico0las -- 1/6/2012 20:33:27 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/6/2012 20:36:32   
Arcanis

Actually,those that would get both sides achievement,should also get randomly get one of the following 5,named after the all-popular historical figures,each worth -2000 rating:
Pétain
Quisling
Brutus
Iscariot
Arnold

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/6/2012 20:39:22   
hardcore59

so of all the things wrong with the game you're worried about someone getting 2 achievements it's an achievements it will not hurt you calm down and it's not like you can't switch factions if you don't want to that's your prob

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
1/6/2012 20:41:12   
The Joker X

I completely agree Nub, the sides should be even down to the cheevos. I have the most wins in my faction (17k), and I do not plan on ever leaving it. Why should I be punished for being a loyal member? I say the achievements should be combined into the same one. Thats the only way it will be fair IMO.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/6/2012 20:42:26   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

My post has been resolved privately

< Message edited by Battle elf -- 1/6/2012 21:03:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/6/2012 20:47:57   
Wiseman

Well I've read through this and here's my thoughts.

When you pick an alignment it should be more than just simply tossing a coin and calling heads or tails. It should be a commitment, and one that you should stand by. This may be a game, however it's one based on war and in war there are people loyal to their sides, and people that turn traitor as well. That is all a part of war, and it's an experience a war game should probably have.

Having said that, in war people that turn traitor usually get some good out of it at first, however in the end things usually turn out far worse than if they stayed with their side.

I'm thinking a "Turncoat" achievement worth -2000 points, for anyone that gets both of the alignment achievements would be interesting.

I honestly don't think that a solution can be made at this point, some players probably already have them both. Making it where having one prevents you from having the other would be pointless now, and some of the big bugs that came with this release are far more problematic than this achievement issue.

However this is something to keep in mind for the future. Perhaps giving faction leaders a way to switch their factions alignments would be a good idea. Or maybe have player alignment be a personal thing, and have faction alignment based on player alignment.

One interesting theory would be making it where your actions in the game determine your alignment, so your alignment is based on your personal play style. Faction alignment would be based on how many players in your faction are a certain alignment, if the majority was legion then the faction would be a legion faction, and if the majority was exile the faction would be exile.

Even though we might not be able to resolve this issue now, perhaps a solution can come up in the future that makes the game more fun in general.

As for the missions themselves, I think having missions based on alignment is fine, I mean this is a war, and for the story to make sense, each side has to have their own style of missions. Perhaps making it where switching alignment wasn't such an easy thing to do would be the best solution, and once again having alignment based on play style would make it more difficult to simply switch sides.

In any case those are my thoughts on the issue.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/6/2012 20:57:53   
Lord Nub

^ I like the alignment change idea.

The rest aren't really likely such as Turncoat, because as I stated earlier, it's not fair to those who didn't know about the penalty.

It's definitely too late to make any changes atm which is why I suggested just making them all available to everyone, and making improvements so that in the future, these mistakes don't happen again.

It should be the developers who take responsibility for this by making it possible for everyone to experience everything the game has to offer and not place the burden on their paying customers.

Thanks for the well written response Wiseman and hopefully something is done as to not upset many of the players before the war is over.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/6/2012 20:59:41   
The Joker X

Well why make missions that give side specific achievements? Just make missions give points to keep things simple.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/6/2012 21:05:01   
drinde

Well, if they didn't know about the penalty, the devs should just remove both the Achievements, and don't add the Nega-Cheevo.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Achievements Unavailable to Fac Founders
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition