Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Opinion: HP and MP Bars

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Opinion: HP and MP Bars
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2012 5:34:16   
Xendran

Do you like the current hp and mp bars that stack vertically and take no advantage of the horizontal space?
Or would you prefer a bar something like this, that has buttons below it to allow for more functions (including faction recruitment in battle) and the ability to show player statuses below their hp (shown: Poison, Defence Matrix), as opposed to showing when clicking on their level.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/937/123cg.png

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/11/2012 5:35:16 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/11/2012 5:43:19   
hardcore59

meh at this point idc about any of teh looks i just want this game to actually be playable

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
1/11/2012 5:50:00   
TurkishIncubus

NW should restore HP/EN bars i belive its still same since Alpha :S

Also showing the poison-frostbite-curse + shields-debuffs under HP/EN is good idea

Epic  Post #: 3
1/11/2012 5:55:45   
Arcanis

Sorry,had to leave in chat,Xen.
What I had in mind,all statuses bellow HP MP bar,instead of commands (friend request,fac status) etc.
Gives you enough room if icons are that size,even up to 10 statuses.
As far as duration of skill,numbers could also be bellow status effect,not that we don't have enough free room on screen.
Even in 2v2 mode,should all fit in,as long as status icons are different enough from each other.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/11/2012 6:01:50   
TurkishIncubus

It should also mention your allignment, Exile-Legion, lvl bar can have the logo of Exile-Legion
Epic  Post #: 5
1/11/2012 6:04:58   
Xendran

There's enough space for all 10 possible simultaneous statuses below the energy bar, it just extends into underneath the name
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
1/11/2012 6:09:42   
Arcanis

Even better,then its possible to have all commands at one place?
However,it might get confusing for newer players. Little popup balloon with short explanation that can be turned on/off?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/11/2012 6:15:16   
AllenLingChen

They can just make little icons next to their name. For example, they could represent curse with a skull, poison with a green drop, frostbite with a blue drop, etc.
AQ  Post #: 8
1/11/2012 6:15:26   
Gepard Acht

^ oh i notice you changed your name :P

on topic: I would like to see statuses , for example;

if someone was stunned there would be a sign that says stunned or something like that
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/11/2012 6:17:45   
AllenLingChen

Yea, we need to have signs. Infact, it would be a good thing if buff amount can be seen when mouse hovers past icon. I would prefer that over some green animation for defense matrix, cuz less lag.
AQ  Post #: 10
1/11/2012 6:21:49   
xxmirxx

Xendran your post is suggestion which Lord Barrius doesn't allow it. So heres proff
quote:

This is a discussion forum, which means that any suggestions, be they for a game or for the forums, do not belong in this board. Please see the Forum-Specific Rules & Complete Forum Index for further information. Balance suggestions will be permitted in this forum, but onlyin the designated thread. Balance suggestions not placed in that thread will be deleted on sight.

https://www.facebook.com/Humanifestation2
https://www.facebook.com/MikasaAckerman4
like these fan pages please
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
1/11/2012 6:23:34   
AllenLingChen

^ Actually, if you realized, Xendran is asking a question. This is just a discussion where people are talking about their ideas.
AQ  Post #: 12
1/11/2012 6:26:56   
xxmirxx

suggestion is when you come up with idea like this then give your out put what should change if question he should post in http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=333 .
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/11/2012 6:32:49   
Fay Beeee

All nice ideas for the future may be.
Why not let them get on with what they still have waiting to implement and add this on the end of lists?

Epic  Post #: 14
1/11/2012 6:33:30   
Xendran

Please refrain from minimodding in another's thread. If you really feel that this thread is in violation of the rules, PM The Lawman and request that it be reviewed.

Also: If anybody has any suggestions, i can add them into this.
Note: This is also useful to know, as it will help during development of my game.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/11/2012 6:34:31 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
1/11/2012 6:35:53   
Fay Beeee

Sorry Xendran I was not intending it to read like mini modding, I will delete it is you want?
Epic  Post #: 16
1/11/2012 6:38:27   
xxmirxx

I already report it just correct you lawman doesn't deal with forum problem. I was just point out your post was suggestion and showing proff.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
1/11/2012 6:41:41   
Xendran

Fay beee, i was talking about mir, not you.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 18
1/11/2012 6:50:00   
Jekyll

Mir has the potential of a mod lol #iwantauthority
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/11/2012 10:37:22   
Sipping Cider

Hey, that is pretty cool, pretty cool indeed.

However, this could come out later and rather have other needed features implemented first.

And your making a game?
Epic  Post #: 20
1/11/2012 11:59:45   
Drianx

Brilliant idea as usual, Xen.
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/11/2012 15:03:12   
hardcore59

@ Turkish's first post

I usually don't care what you have to say but i actually agree about the curse/shield etc. thing in the HP/MP bars
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
1/11/2012 15:22:31   
TurkishIncubus

@hardcore59

Who are you, pls continue dont care my posts cause i really dont care your opinion
Epic  Post #: 23
1/11/2012 16:39:09   
hardcore59

yes you do
btw: nice engRish there buddy
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
1/11/2012 16:44:12   
DeathGuard

@turkish: He didn't meant to offend you, he was trying to point out that he agreed to your post in this thread even if other of your posts were not as good as this one.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Opinion: HP and MP Bars
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition